The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - The Biggest Loser Season 14

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser Season 14

jmfan317
11-15-2012, 06:27 PM
They finally posted the promo video for this new season. Check it out!

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/the-biggest-loser-returns-january-6th/1424167/

cancersuckseggs
11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
is there gonna be a new challenge on here to go with it?

valentine21463
11-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Yay! I love the Biggest Loser and can't wait for Jan. 6th :carrot:

CanadaMel
12-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone-
I've just posted the next Biggest Loser Challenge information.

Frozen Fiesta 2013 is here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/270913-2013-frozen-fiesta-biggest-loser-challenge-general-information.html), spread the word!

katrinakit
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I love that Some Nights song. I think it is so inspiring :)

redreine
12-25-2012, 10:18 PM
I just saw a commercial...so glad Jillian will be back!

jmfan317
12-25-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_i78BRaRI&feature=player_detailpage

Pink Hurricane
12-26-2012, 06:56 AM
I am definitely glad to see Jillian especially since there will be children on the show (and that was the time period she struggled with weight). My only concern is mentally the toll it could take on some of the children who do not deal well with change, and having the world watch your every move. Other than that I think it is going to be a great season!!

foreverfaye
12-26-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm so beyond psyched for the BL to come back. There's just something about this show that resounds within my soul and my goal this year is to take that feeling and make something of it, use it to motivate me and push me to reach my goals instead of running away from it.
I'm with pink hurricane about the kids. I don't know if its a good idea but we'll see. Only two weeks to go!!

Brandibooxoxo
12-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Omg! so excited.

IzzyD07
12-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Yey! So happy that Jillian's back :D but unfortunately I don't live in the States so it looks like I'm stuck with watching repeats of all the old seasons on Youtube... Again lol.

cactusflower7
12-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Yey! So happy that Jillian's back :D but unfortunately I don't live in the States so it looks like I'm stuck with watching repeats of all the old seasons on Youtube... Again lol.

YAH So excited for BL! :carrot:

HI Izzy check out freetv.com (I think that's what it's called). You can watch TV shows that you normally don't get on your tv. I'm not sure if they show the current seasons though or past ones. :)

redreine
12-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I agree about the kids
I think it's a great idea, but they shouldn't be thrown in with the adults, nor should it be televised
honestly, it should be a group of overweight kids, and they should be on a fitness program until they lose weight
no show, no contest, no getting kicked off

IzzyD07
12-28-2012, 10:02 AM
YAH So excited for BL! :carrot:

HI Izzy check out freetv.com (I think that's what it's called). You can watch TV shows that you normally don't get on your tv. I'm not sure if they show the current seasons though or past ones. :)

Thanks, I'll check it out! TBL Uk just isn't as good as the US version... Probably becauseI don't like the trainers.

hiddenstar
12-28-2012, 12:15 PM
I read that their are 3 kids who will be divided between the 3 starting groups. The kids cannot get eliminated and they will not weigh-in on camera.

It sounds like they will do right by the kids.

penmage
12-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm glad they're making the kids immune from elimination. If one got eliminated the first week or two, who wants to bet they'd be back on the show again as an overweight adult? So, good for TBL.

I'm also glad they won't weigh in on camera (if what hiddenstar read is correct). I imagine it's embarrassing as an adult to strip down to shorts (and a sports bra for the ladies), let alone as a kid/teenager. I would have been absolutely mortified!

IzzyD07- RealityTVFan.org also uploads episodes of TBL as the season goes along. Some of the earlier seasons aren't completely on the site, but I believe the most recent ones are there in their entirety. RTF also uploads TBL from different countries- my favorite is the one from Australia. The male trainer is hot!

Liz46
01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Kartrinakit, I agree with you about the Some Nights song by Fun. I love it so much that I made it the ringtone on my phone.

Izzy, NBC.com always posts the video on their website. Can it not be accessed from where you are? I know I often see people from Canada commenting on Facebook about not being able to see the Survivor videos on the CBS site, too.

Penmage, I so agree with you about the stripping down to a sports bra that they make the women do. I've never understood TBL's reasoning for doing this. Why the men and women both are not allowed to weigh in wearing t-shirts is beyond me. I always weigh in wearing my nightgown. I know it can't weigh 'that' much.

RayStar
01-06-2013, 03:04 PM
I am excited about tonight's show. Hopefully, having the kids on will inspire other kids to become healthy eaters.

cherrypie
01-07-2013, 01:43 AM
am I the only one who thinks Nikki might not have left if she had a different trainer?

SMSDREAMER2007
01-07-2013, 02:14 AM
I think she wasnt ready BUT another trainer might not have been as hard and tried a little more to keep her. Jillian was always a hard *** LOL

cherrypie
01-07-2013, 09:23 AM
she seemed unusually brutal last night. I just don't see how riduculing people like that is going to help them.

April Snow
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I agree that Jillian seemed a bit harsher - like she forgot that she needed to ease people into it a bit. But on the other hand, the other 4 people on her team also needed some time to adapt but in the end, seemed glad that they had been pushed beyond their comfort level in order to achieve way more than they had thought they could. I think Niki wasn't ready to go past her comfort level - she even said in her talking head farewell that she was going to find a therapist when she got home. That's beyond what TBL can provide and I think that Niki maybe was finally being true to herself about the reality of what she needs.

Of course, it still stinks that some other potential contestant lost out on the spot. It seems like they should have brought in a back up player given that she left so early on.

As for the show in general, I'm glad they've moved on from the misery sweepstakes, and that people have normal reasons for wanting to lose the weight, but it's not a contest about whose personal tragedy is the worst.

I also thought they did a great job with the kids in terms of how they will handle them. No eliminations, no embarrassing weigh ins or falling off exercise equipment, working with their families instead of the kids in isolation on the ranch, which won't help long term if they go back home to unhealthy lifestyles still being lived by the rest of the family. I've always wished the entire show was kinder and gentler although I realize that doesn't make for dramatic TV. But I'm glad they are taking that approach with the kids and I think that children and families watching at home, this could be really, really helpful.

QuilterInVA
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I had a kind gentle trainer and got nowhere. Then I changed to one who was harsher and he really pushed me, even though I'm 71 years old, and I've done amazing things with him. He's shown me I can do anything if I really put some effort into the doing.

GlamourGirl827
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I just watched on on my dvr. I don't remember Jillian being quite that discouraging...I could swear she was one to yell at people something like "get up, you can do this!!" But it seemed like her yelling last night was more of "just lay down, you can't do this!"

Did anyone else notice this? I'm I remembering her wrong? Was she always like this?

shoeluver67
01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
i think since Nikki bailed they should have let TC stay...that wasn't fair because she probably would have been the lowest anyway.

honestly, i can't find ANY of these people (not counting the kids) that i can really get behind and root for right now...nobody "touches" me...so to speak. maybe as time goes by, i will feel differently, but i just didn't really like this episode much AT ALL.

cherrypie
01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Jillian didn't seem harsh and demanding to me, she seemed abusive and mean.

Anyone else notice that the biggest loser forum on the official site is gone?

SMSDREAMER2007
01-07-2013, 06:36 PM
My favorite was TC, but they made him leave even though nikki bailed AND he has been trying for 5 seasons to get on the show like really??? Finally get there and leave in the first week.....That has to hurt.

mandalinn82
01-07-2013, 11:54 PM
If you're watching, I have a challenge for you (forgive the vulgarity in the watermark! But that site is REALLY great for workouts based on popular shows and movies):

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6fs8fWSFH1rt7eioo1_500.png

cherrypie
01-08-2013, 10:15 AM
anyone else finding these red line eliminations just brutal?

lunarsongbird
01-08-2013, 11:29 AM
anyone else finding these red line eliminations just brutal?

I haven't watched TBL in forever, but now have it on DVR. Watched last night's episode this morning.

How did they used to vote off? The red line does seem a bit harsh. I thought Nathan worked pretty hard this week...yet people who didn't work as hard got to stay.

EofAZ
01-08-2013, 01:48 PM
I like the redline, it removes all ability to game play. You are on your own and had better give it all you got if you want to stay. It sure beats you and your friends voting someone off because they have the potential of working harder and achieving more than you can or will.

cherrypie
01-08-2013, 01:48 PM
I haven't watched TBL in forever, but now have it on DVR. Watched last night's episode this morning.

How did they used to vote off? The red line does seem a bit harsh. I thought Nathan worked pretty hard this week...yet people who didn't work as hard got to stay.

normally the losing team has to vote one person off. Which always seemed brutal before because politics and game playing become involved. But now I'm thinking it's not so bad. With this you have one bad week and you are gone. The fact that you have done so well the week before doesn't have any bearing at all.

katrinakit
01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Once in a while I actually like the red line. However, if it were there every single week then I think the women would be at a disadvantage. It seems like women lose in a less consistent pattern, probably because of their TOM.

ontarget
01-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Didn't they say this week was the last red line for awhile? Or am I mistaken?

angiemama
01-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I hope they do the redline again- I think it would be a better show if there weren't any if ands or butts- you don't lose the weight- you go home... simple. I don't care for the game play so much

maryshady
01-09-2013, 06:55 AM
I blame Jillian for TC going home. She royally screwed her team by pushing the girl to leave. She should have followed her out what was that bs about not being ready....yeah she was not ready to be demeaned. I have always loved Jillian but she came on way too strong this season and put her team at an unfair disadvantage. I cringed on Monday nights' show when she took Danni over to Bob's team and asked who was stopping. She was trying to embarrass her. Maybe it hits me different cause I am a school counselor and when I see a teacher do this to a student I want to ring their neck! kwim?
I agree with being hard but not shaming someone. Most of this contestants come from a place of shame. Alright off my soapbox for now! lol!

The redline is gone for now. She said it would only be for the first 2 weigh ins.

I really like all the contestants this time. Hope it stays that way. It is so much more fun to watch when you are rooting for everyone to do well. Love the kids addition. So sad to see Bingo had broke his foot. Hope he continues to eat healthy while he is held up from working out.

kiah6
01-09-2013, 07:45 AM
I like the redline and I really like how they are handling the kids on the show. These kids will receive valuable information and serve as an inspiration to other kids their age. oh... and I am so glad Jillian is back!

angiemama
01-09-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm glad Jillian is back too, but she was even more harsh than usual. I think they amped it up though.

ringmaster
01-09-2013, 10:54 PM
ugh... well, it looks better than last season that's for sure. Disappointed the one girl just walked off and then her team lost the weigh in... too bad she couldn't have talked to her team to just throw the weigh in and got sent home that way so then atleast that other guy could of stayed (sorry I'm still remembering their names).. I guess that's considered game play, but more fair game play to me, and caring about your teammates and the other people on the show. or the show could of skipped the elimination since someone left. I wonder if that type of thing, like the walk offs, are scripted and planned into the show to create a little bit of drama.

Jillian didn't really seem that harsh to me. It's Jillian, what do people expect? That's why some people love her, because of her tough love attitude. And I thought she did a good job with talking to the kids- she seems like just the person to work with them since she knows what it's like to get bullied at that age.

lunarsongbird
01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
How did teams get chosen this season? I missed the first episode.

ontarget
01-11-2013, 07:52 PM
They were just told which team they would be on when they heard they made the show.

April Snow
01-12-2013, 03:32 PM
I like the redline, it removes all ability to game play. You are on your own and had better give it all you got if you want to stay. It sure beats you and your friends voting someone off because they have the potential of working harder and achieving more than you can or will.

I generally like the red line better too. While people can get sent home if they have an off week on the scale, I still prefer the numbers being what counts and not the game playing/alliance building stuff.

As for Jillian, I'm think that some of the first week harshness was scripted so that the kinder, gentler Jillian could have her redemption arch. and I found it interesting that they made a point of showing that while Bob doesn't yell and get in their faces as much, his actual workouts are pretty brutal.

I thought the trainer-designed outdoor workout spaces for interesting but felt that Bob's tema had an unfair advantage. With all of his "friends" there working with the contestants, it was like each person had their own personal trainer, instead of having to share with 2-4 others.

Also thought the white team should have gotten some advantage for winning the challenge and not just the reward for the kid's school. Particular given that Danni and Nate had to work twice as hard as everyone else and still managed to win! They should have gotten immunity as a team or at least a few lbs advantage on the scale.

And with only 2 people left on that team now, it doesn't seem reasonable that they can realistically compete in challenges, esp. anything that is very strength oriented so now for their sakes, I'm hoping they re-do the teams. With 12 people left, it seems reasonable to make 3 new teams of 4 people each.

luckymommy
01-12-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm just wondering how long it is before someone on the show drops dead. I know they have paramedics standing by but it really seems too extreme. I realize that they need drama for a t.v. show but there have to be more humane ways to achieve that. I do like the show but not that part.

Jillian was downright abusive. Becoming a mother has made her into a raging *****, rather than making her kinder. I don't think she would ever treat someone that way if the cameras weren't rolling and if she would, then she has no business training people.

It's obvious that you can train people and be demanding but not abusive: Bob and Dolvett are good examples of that fact. Maybe the producers want Jillian to be rough kind of like Simon was on American Idol (I don't watch X Factor so I can't comment).

I'm gonna keep watching but I hope her behavior improves because I find it appalling at this point.

canadianwoman
01-13-2013, 03:16 AM
I have to agree that Jillian is going way over the top this time. She is a good trainer but she really does not need to act like that.

wendychic
01-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Remember she said several times they were six minutes into the workout when they started dropping like flies so I think the frustration came from the fact they hadn't even been working out that long. She talked about it on Dr Oz also. I love when they show the treadmills because I want to know how fast it is going. She had them running at a 4.0 which is a jog to most. You would think they were running for hours but they so intervals so in reality they a probably running for 3 mins at a 4.0 or even less time. I like Jillian and know she would kick my butt, but she is what I would need.

diary
01-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Hey guys!

Just rejoining this forum - I love the Biggest loser.

So far, Jillian has not impressed me this season. She's soo angry/yelling this season. Don't like it at all!

I am going to work out during tonight's episode. Got to get some dinner now, and then I will be preping for the TV show workout!

Nikel1979
01-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Yeah, Jillian may be tough. Personally she's too loud for me. I turn mute the TV when I do 30 Day Shred. :lol: Some people need that though.

I also think that there was some very selective editing going on. They made a BIG deal about mean ol' Jillian coming back, so of course they're going to edit it so she comes across as super hard core and Bob & Dolvett seem sweet in comparison. After a zillion seasons of the show, I'm quite confident that all 3 of them can be very mean and all 3 can be very compassionate.

diary
01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
This was a good episode for me - did 1 hour of stretching while watching, then had some wedding cake for our first anniversary. I am so glad that the cake is out of the freezer - now I can fit more frozen veggies in there!

I am so happy to see some of the contestants open up and start to bloom! Better season that #13 already!

misspixie
01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Do you think they really used Bubblegum in the challenge? Wondering how they got it outta their hair that stuff sticks forever.

luckystreak
01-14-2013, 11:18 PM
I dont understand how they push contestants with muscle work during last chance work outs and then see smaller numbers/even gains (esp in past seasons) and the trainers cant figure out why...

really? :?:

ParkTrot
01-15-2013, 12:55 AM
I dont understand how they push contestants with muscle work during last chance work outs and then see smaller numbers/even gains (esp in past seasons) and the trainers cant figure out why...

really? :?:

Although muscle work can make you retain water, I don't think that on average it makes that big of a difference in people who work out as much as these guys do. They're doing some form of lifting every day, so the water retention is going to be there wether they do it that day, or the day before.

For me I Crossfit 6 days a week, there is almost ALWAYS some form of lifting involved. I weigh daily, and truth be told I rarely see my lifting effect the scale. If there is water weight there it's well, always there cause I lift every day. Even if there is a jump from water weight, I can't really pin point when it will happen. More typically it will happen on a rest day, but that's just my body personally.

I could be totally off base, but that's just my two cents from personal experience!

luckystreak
01-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Although muscle work can make you retain water, I don't think that on average it makes that big of a difference in people who work out as much as these guys do. They're doing some form of lifting every day, so the water retention is going to be there wether they do it that day, or the day before.

For me I Crossfit 6 days a week, there is almost ALWAYS some form of lifting involved. I weigh daily, and truth be told I rarely see my lifting effect the scale. If there is water weight there it's well, always there cause I lift every day. Even if there is a jump from water weight, I can't really pin point when it will happen. More typically it will happen on a rest day, but that's just my body personally.

I could be totally off base, but that's just my two cents from personal experience!

Odd, because everytime I weight lift the numbers are insane! Way larger the next day. Whenever i do cardio though, its not really affected at all.

Nikel1979
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Odd, because everytime I weight lift the numbers are insane! Way larger the next day. Whenever i do cardio though, its not really affected at all.

That's the difference though. You have cardio and weights on different days as opposed to both every day like they're doing.

musicalchick
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
I like the idea of working with kids on health.

luckystreak
01-15-2013, 07:05 PM
That's the difference though. You have cardio and weights on different days as opposed to both every day like they're doing.

But in the end theyre still pushing their muscles the day before, lactic acid builds up and thats bound to skew numbers.

LockItUp
01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
But in the end theyre still pushing their muscles the day before, lactic acid builds up and thats bound to skew numbers.

I think something important to take into account is the contestants are morbidly obese, whereas you are a normal weight. They may be retaining some water from sore muscles, but the fat loss is great enough to basically cancel it out.

I'm the same way as you mentioned, without fail the scale goes up when I weight train and get sore -- especially the less I weigh!

Terri in MO
01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Did the whole "fight" scene between Jillian and the black-haired gal (name?) seem totally fake to anyone else? For some reason, it seems like she is making up drama. I had to fast-forward through her happy dance at the weigh in. She looked a little deranged. :dizzy:

I prefer the redline to the whole voting and boohooing scene at the end. Personally, I would rather they skip the whole elimination drama and let everyone stay and see at the end who is the overall biggest loser.

ontarget
01-16-2013, 12:22 PM
I think part of sending them home is to show us that we can lose at home if we have the drive. That said--I much prefer the red line, too. I don't like the drama.

diary
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Has anyone else done Bob's deck of cards workout?

My hubby and I did it today with burpees, pushups, crunches, and reverse lunges. I was sore from yesterday, will be more sore tomorrow! I did like it though and plan to do it again!

penmage
01-16-2013, 02:31 PM
I think the deck of cards workout would be interesting, but I wouldn't do burpees! :lol:

misspixie
01-16-2013, 07:46 PM

Its not just the lactic acid. When you do weights you stress strain damage your muscles just a tiny bit. Your muscles are bathed in water and fluids. When you damage them cause thats what you do with weight training, your body sends in more fluid to repair the damage. This is why your numbers are up, your body is repairing muscle damage.
Once your muscles repair and the fluid leaves them aka 24 hours or so recovery time, theyre smaller and tighter making you smaller overall. Then you do it again, damage plus fluid to recover equals increased water and therefore higher number on the scale. Overall youll go down cause of the restricted calories and the amount of energy you burn to do the weights but day to day youll see fluctuations when you weight train from day to day.
:)

diary
01-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Panmage, The Hubby about halfway through the workout said, "Why'd you let me pick burpees?"

LOL We toughed it out though!

canadianwoman
01-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Give me a break Blue Team. They go into this room fulled with all manner of crap for 4 hours and are just lying around snoozing. Meanwhile there are pinball machines in there and they could have moved the couch and done some calestenics or floor exercises AND then when they finally get out and do exercise with Bob it is now night time??? Give me a frekkin break.

ontarget
01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Not sure I believe all they did was snooze. I'm thinking that was for the camera.

April Snow
01-18-2013, 10:54 AM
I think the rules explicitly said that they were not allowed to work out during the 4 hours in the room. But given their strong losses for the week, I am thinking that was just for the camera and they were allowed to do exercises.

I loved the card deck workout, and I have to say that it really does show the power of the show IMO. I've been on my plan for almost 2 weeks and have lost almost 10 lbs (I don't update my ticker until Sunday). Those numbers are pretty high, not BL numbers, but good. However, the change in my fitness level is marginal at this point. Even conceding that BL "weeks" are a flexible concept, it's still incredibly impressive to me what those blue team players were able to do after just 3 "weeks" at the ranch. I don't know that I could have lasted through the first 4 cards!!

Sheila53
01-23-2013, 08:58 PM
I've decided that I'm rooting for Danni this season. Anyone else have a favorite? My second favorite would be Jackson. He really blossomed this last week.

ontarget
01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
I like Danni, too. I really like all of them, but I am rooting for Danni.

katrinakit
01-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I love Jackson!!! He cracked me up when he said that he had always been a bald, ripped, black man inside hahaha!

maryshady
01-24-2013, 07:29 AM
I like Danni too!! She is super competitive and a true athlete. Was sad to see her teammate go home. Wonder how they will split them up this week. I thought that would have happened already. The weigh in was very unfair this week. I know its % and all but still one team having 2 and the other still having 5. There is no one to save you when its just two of you.

Was happy to see the one that went home is doing so great!! She looked amazing.

Any thoughts on how you think they will split the remaining members?

Becky Quilts
01-24-2013, 08:34 PM
I am a week behind... but yes, Jackson really blossomed!

When I saw previews for the temptation, bodyweight workouts were also the first thing that came to mind. :) Glad I wasn't the only one.

200poundquest
01-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I've decided that I'm rooting for Danni this season. Anyone else have a favorite? My second favorite would be Jackson. He really blossomed this last week.

Those two are my favorites as well. I'm really hoping the teaser for next week is exaggerating Danni's pending breakdown.

mommy2mad
01-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Loving this season of BL, and so glad they are attacking childhood obesity!

Angelic Fruitcake
01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Danni and Jackson are my favorites as well. I also really liked the blonde girl from the red team who left two weeks ago. I was sad to see her go.

straightahead
01-26-2013, 01:26 PM
I only casually watch this show, but I am also glad they are tackling childhood obesity. I work with kids and have sometimes seen them eating their packed lunch.....one girl recently had a bologna/cheese/mayo sandwich on white bread, cheese puffs, and two little debbie cakes with koolaid to drink....yikes. I don't fault the parents totally; it is our culture. I hope shows like this actually do educate people!

maryshady
01-27-2013, 09:30 AM
I only casually watch this show, but I am also glad they are tackling childhood obesity. I work with kids and have sometimes seen them eating their packed lunch.....one girl recently had a bologna/cheese/mayo sandwich on white bread, cheese puffs, and two little debbie cakes with koolaid to drink....yikes. I don't fault the parents totally; it is our culture. I hope shows like this actually do educate people!

I work in an elementary school and the breakfast and lunch the kids are fed is awful! Full of carbs and sugar and hardly any nutritional value. so sad.

cactusflower7
01-27-2013, 06:01 PM
I havent posted in a while because I i've been really busy with adjusting to a new job and trying to get my butt in the gym. But i'm back! The red line elimination ARE brutal! I think it's crazy that Jill has ONE member left! I mean how is one person supposed to beat out 5 people on each team? Unless they do an early merge ... tomorrow night will be interesting to say the lest!

musicalchick
01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Loving this season of BL, and so glad they are attacking childhood obesity!

Same here.

QuilterInVA
01-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Go Danni!

ennay
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
I havent posted in forever but I had to come someplace I thought they might be discussing the show.

How exactly is $10 PER PERSON per day a tight budget? Ooooooh managed to get organic veggies on a budget that is crazy high, at least for a family. You think Lisa is shopping for her family of 6 on $1800/month? I could have steak and lobster every night on that budget.

200poundquest
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
How exactly is $10 PER PERSON per day a tight budget? Ooooooh managed to get organic veggies on a budget that is crazy high, at least for a family. You think Lisa is shopping for her family of 6 on $1800/month? I could have steak and lobster every night on that budget.

Lol yeah, I had the same thought. I usually spend 70 - 100 a week on groceries for just me, so I have a feeling they were probably aiming that message at single people or small families with a decent income and not at the people we're actually talking about when we say it's hard to eat healthy on a budget.

I doubt most average families are spending $70 per person per week on food and families on SNAP and such definitely aren't.

At least they didn't tell them to subsist on dried beans and canned tuna. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

katrinakit
02-02-2013, 08:06 AM
I was wondering the same thing. As a single woman, I budget 50 dollars a week for food and I don't think that is a particularly abnormal amount.

Sheila53
02-07-2013, 06:46 PM
The police officer who was eliminated looked amazing! I imagine once his injury healed, he was able to work out more. He seemed to lose quite a bit of weight between leaving the ranch and when the after segment was filmed.

Still liking Danni--she reminds me of Tara, winning all the challenges.

shea5
02-10-2013, 10:25 PM
danni is awesome, and I love Jackson too...I already like most of these people way more than last season. :carrot:

April Snow
02-10-2013, 11:52 PM
agree about $10 a day not being a tight budget - although I wish they had specifically addressed the differences between shopping for an individual vs. for a larger group. It was definitely easier for the bigger group because of things that could be bought in bulk. Even chicken is cheaper when you buy the big packs - but they could have reminded people they can get the cheaper packs and then portion it out and freeze it. As basic as it sounds, some people just don't think about it.

Agree about the Danni-Tara comparison, although I think Danni seems like a sweeter person. Nothing against Tara, she just seemed tougher. Danni is a competitor but even with all the wins, she doesn't seem as cutthroat as Tara did.

I keep thinking there will be a merge or they will go to individuals rather than teams, and mix up who they train with. And each week, I'm surprised it hasn't happened! lol!

mandalinn82
02-11-2013, 12:12 AM
For those of you who don't know, Jillian has a weekly podcast. She had a REALLY interesting episode where she talked about what you're not seeing because of the way the show is edited. It is available on iTunes, and is the 1/28 episode, "What You're Not Seeing on The Biggest Loser".

She talked about Nate, and why she kicked him out of the gym on the first day...he didn't fall off the treadmill once or twice, he fell of 6 times in 6 minutes, even when she had him at a walk (ie, he gave up). She also talked about why she is so aggressive in the beginning, and gave a lot of information about the girl who left in the first episode (she had some serious mental health issues, and in Jillian's opinion, should never have passed her psych eval).

Anyway, as a viewer, it was a really interesting listen.

maryshady
02-13-2013, 07:37 AM
No longer like Jeff (he was never a fav but) Can't stand someone who does not abide by their word. Then gives some bs about how he is now doing things for himself.
So happy for Mike. he looks great and has lost an amazing amount of weight!! Glad there are no more teams and singles has begun.

Continue to love Danni! She is a superstar in the challenges and an all around sweet, kind person. How thoughtful of her to give away her visit with a family member. Don't think I would have been able to do that.

Jennifer 3FC
02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm much happier with this year's contestants. They are likable, and seem to be grateful to be there. Last year - ugh!

maryshady
02-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Jennifer-agreed. Hated last season all together. So happy to have back the old Biggest Loser.

200poundquest
02-15-2013, 06:32 AM
I think this is one of the best seasons in quite awhile and a huge improvement over last season. One of the few times the producers of a reality show have actually responded well after an unpopular season with the fans.

Contestants are much more likable and I like that they eliminated the pre-vote pleading sessions. I'd actually just as soon they got rid of the tell us your phony reason for voting whoever out part too.

Sheila53
02-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I'd actually just as soon they got rid of the tell us your phony reason for voting whoever out part too.

I have always muted the sound during this part because I hate it, too. I was hoping when they went to the electronic voting that they'd skip the reason part and just show the total votes per person, but no.

Danni is just an all around nice person, and I hope she wins the whole thing.

The woman at the photo shoot (Lisa?) looked wonderful, and I loved that dress. Very flattering in fit and color.

TheWanderer
02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
We quit watching it. It kept getting dumber and dumber. They should have stuck to the original script.

maryshady
02-16-2013, 08:18 AM
200 & Sheila-Agreed. hate the explainations too! Who really cares why you voted that way. It just seems hurtful to the person who is voted off.

April Snow
02-16-2013, 10:41 AM
I hope that jeff is the next to go. I understand that game play is a part of the show (even though I personally wish it weren't) but you don't promise someone right at the start that you will never vote for them, and then take the first opportunity you have to vote for them. Why should anyone trust Jeff to keep his word if he tries to make any new alliances?

Although in reality, I am ok with Mike leaving because he was the lowest loser of the week and I would rather they just have a redline instead of voting anyway.

And I have to that I'm not a big fan of Gina's but she sure does manage to pull out big numbers - I can't even imagine how she does it!!

GlamourGirl827
02-16-2013, 07:03 PM
I came to this thread just to post my disappointment with Jeff! I didn't like how defensive he would get with Jillian, and he struct me as a spoiled bratty kid, but after what he did to Mike, I can't stand him!! What he did was so slimey. He promised he wouldn't vote for Mike. I get its a game, but then don't give your word on something you can't keep. Mike seems like such a good person at heart, that would have kept his word to Jeff, while Jeff just seems now like a self centered brat that thinks nothing of breaking his word if it means doing for himself. Not a good character to have and it just shows how immature he is.

Good for Mike for how much weight he lost! I will be rooting for him to win the at home prize.

I hope the other members of the house find what Jeff did as repulsive as I did and vote him off the first chance they get.

shoeluver67
02-17-2013, 04:56 PM
ok...i haven't posted in a while but i'm gonna throw in my 2 cents :-)

i really think the new voting format is stupid. if you are gonna go in a secret booth and vote, what is the POINT of SAYING who you voted for?? either make it anonymous and the person is just GONE, or keep it the old way and vote them off. Going in the booth is a total waste of time if they say who they voted for. ????

second...i love Danni.

third...This group seems better than some they've had in the past....the worst ever was the group with Frado, Brandon and my most hated and laziest contestant ever...Elizabeth. I hated that whole game playing group so much i almost stopped watching the show...it was out of control. Especially how Elizabeth made it to the final four ONLY because those guys refused to vote for her. Disgusting...and ruined the show that season.

KatTheAmazon
02-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I haven't posted in a while, but I have been watching this season. I do like the contestants more than past.

That said, the trainers are really ticking me off at weigh-in. Saying crazy stuff like "oh, I can't believe she only lost 4 pounds." IIRC, previous seasons they would say 4 pounds is still a good job. A loss is a loss. I understand it is a contest, but still. It makes me sad to see the people be upset over a loss. I understand tht they don't want to leave, but It still breaks my heart.

200poundquest
02-18-2013, 04:08 AM
I haven't posted in a while, but I have been watching this season. I do like the contestants more than past.

That said, the trainers are really ticking me off at weigh-in. Saying crazy stuff like "oh, I can't believe she only lost 4 pounds." IIRC, previous seasons they would say 4 pounds is still a good job. A loss is a loss. I understand it is a contest, but still. It makes me sad to see the people be upset over a loss. I understand tht they don't want to leave, but It still breaks my heart.

I think the variance in when the trainers think 4 pounds or 6 pounds or whatever is a good loss has to do with how long the "week" was. Apparently some weeks are longer than others on the show.

maryshady
02-18-2013, 08:00 AM
I agree that all losses should be celebrated but this group of people are way behind pass seasons. By week six someone had or was close to losing 100 lbs. I don't think there is anyone even close to the 100 mark yet.

Agree about Jeff. Can't wait to see him go. So glad Jillian continues to harass him! Maybe it will help him grow up a bit.

Shoeluver-I hated last season the most but didn't like that group of people either. Could not stand Fredo!

cherrypie
02-19-2013, 10:13 AM
ugh have the contestant "confessions" always been this stupid? I don't need to listen to Allison explain what the contest is and then have 3 contestants explain it again.

and Gina's drama queening is getting really old.

wendychic
02-19-2013, 10:51 PM
The voting booth isn't for anonymity, it's so they can't change their vote when they hear three other people vote for a certain person. It's a check and balance for producers. Gina is getting really old and whiney, this whole group is really annoying and whiney. Those trainers have their hands full.

twosixeight
02-20-2013, 09:55 AM
I just want to say my least favorite contestant on the show is Gina. She has become the Queen of Whine. When she starts crying and making excuses, I just want to put my hands through the TV and shake her to stop. You can tell the trainers are starting to feel the same way about Gina. I really want Gina to go home.

My favorite, hands down, is Danni!!! She works hard, does what she needs to do and is moving forward with her goals.

maryshady
02-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Agreed about Gina. What a whiner. If she has a problem with the other guy just tell him and work it out instead of running off like a baby. I also don't care for Alex. Agree with Jillian that she always phones it in and nothing really changed this week for her. You would think she would have taken something away from Jillian's rant but she didn't. We are in week 8 or 9 and no one near 100 lbs yet. Wonder why this group is so slow in losing weight.

April Snow
02-22-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm on Team Danni too. She works hard and doesn't make a lot of drama. And I have to say Jackson has really grown on me - ever since the week the trainers were gone, he's really seemed to find his confidence. And given his size, his losses have been (relatively) slow, but he never gets too down by it, which I think is a great quality to emulate.

and where did the Francelina and Jeff romance come from?? I hope that he's not as big of a jerk as he appeared last week, but it would have been a lot more clear why he didn't vote for her if they hadn't been hiding this relationship. (I'm not sure who I mean by "they" - F&J or the editors!! lol!)

maryshady
02-23-2013, 09:05 AM
April-agreed. I think it was probably the producers hiding it for dramatic effect at the weigh in & vote. For some reason they love when the viewers dislike cast members! I feel most people would have understood his vote if they would have known there was a possibility of a romantic involvement.

maryshady
03-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Was glad to see Gina had a breakthrough this week. Still don't care much for her but happy for her. Francy looked great in her pics! Wow she really has done awsome since going home.

Sheila53
03-01-2013, 11:33 AM
So glad that Danni and Jackson are in the final five. I hope that Danni can survive to take it all. She seems like a lovely person, kind of reminiscent of Ali Vincent.

mygirlvj
03-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Love this show, it may not be realistic as far as weelkly weight loses for the majority of us, but it is still so inspirational. I love Danni, and Jackson has grown on me as well. Love Jacksons attitude for the most part and when he expresses happiness and joy it feels so real.
Tommorrow is make-overs and family visit I'll be sure to have the tissues handy.

pluckypear
03-06-2013, 09:24 AM
I love this show too. Gina drives me nuts. I missed this week but last show they gave her so much air time. She got rewarded for being a brat with a personal trainer??? Next time she walks let her keep on walking. She must drive her family insane.

I like Jackson, he is sincere.

April Snow
03-06-2013, 10:51 AM
I was a little disappointed by the makeovers. I thought Danni looks much slimmer in her workout clothes than she did in those jeans she got. And I found it hard to believe Gina was wearing a size 10. She must be REALLY short! I liked Gina's hair though.

I do wonder how long the "week" they were home was. It had to be at least 2 weeks if they all lost 5% or more.

And I thought the restaurant foods issue was a little over done, but still helpful for people to see how they can still go out with friends and family but make reasonable food choices.

Nikel1979
03-06-2013, 11:08 AM
It was 2 weeks. They mentioned it a few times.

mygirlvj
03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
They really have all come so far. I was happy to see that they all made their 5% and can't wait to see who makes the final 3. I would be happy to see any of them in the final 3 except for Gina (sorry).

hiddenstar
03-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks you for commenting about Gina being a size 10. I can't see that as being right

ontarget
03-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Gina does look better, though.

ckhmom
03-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I think its probably right on Gina being a 10. I am 5'3" and at 170 I was still a 14.

pluckypear
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
I think Danni and Jackson looked the best in the makeover show. I agree Gina looked good but no matter how good she looks on the outside she remains nasty on the inside. She even gave her hubby a dirty look at one point. She even was so judgemental rolling her eyes at the restauraunt, so catty with her own daughter. She is super annoying.
I am rooting for Danni or Jackson. Hopefully Gina goes home next.

Sheila53
03-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Danni looked so good, and you can tell she loves her Dad so much. The only makeover I didn't like was Joe. I thought he looked better with his beard.

Sometimes more expensive clothes run larger so maybe that's how Gina got into a size 10. I'm 5" taller, weigh less, and I can only fit into a size 10 on the bottom if it's certain labels. Could be her shape, too--maybe she's smaller on the bottom? Sizes frustrate me.

ICUwishing
03-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Great season - enjoyed this one more than any in recent memory! I am really glad that they went back to basics and emphasized that anyone getting fitter and healthier is WINNING. My only complaint is that I need to record these things so that I can watch them without the commercial breaks. They take about four times as long doing that weigh-in as they need to.

mygirlvj
03-12-2013, 11:47 AM
I really enjoyed this season as well. I totally agree with you ICUwishing, it is so nice to be able to fast forward when it is recorded. Loved last nights weigh ins and hoping Jackson gets the third spot, he has my vote. :)

200poundquest
03-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Jackson is my vote for the third spot as well. This has been one of the better seasons in awhile. I thought Joe looked much younger without the beard, but I also liked him better with it.

Angelic Fruitcake
03-13-2013, 11:06 AM
I hope Danni wins it all! She's worked so hard the whole time and I find her very inspiring. I'm also hoping Jackson will get the public's vote.

lyv33
03-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I liked Danni until Jillian took her outside and she said someone is going to take it all from me, someone that hasn't worked as hard as me. In my mind, they all have worked hard. You don't lose that much weight without working hard unless you have surgery or lapband or something not natural. To me, the big prize should be their health and looking and feeling good, not the money. But, the money is what they are ultimately interested in. It's just my opinion.

ontarget
03-14-2013, 12:16 PM
This has been a good season. I like all the remaining contestants and am all right with whoever wins the big bucks. And I agree they are already all winners.

Sheila53
03-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Hhmm, so you have to share your vote on Facebook to be able to vote? Well, if that's the case I hope a lot of other people vote for Jackson.

MzJuicyD
03-14-2013, 04:11 PM
I voted for Jackson!!!

ckhmom
03-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I think Danni and Gina were both at a point where its very hard to lose a high percentage fast. From what I saw yes they all work hard but Danni had to depend on only her hard work for most of the season. She couldn't be pulled through on the backs of others.

That being said I enjoyed the lack of pettiness this season. A little game play but not as much as there could have been and they genuinely seemed to like one another for the most part.

I'm sorry, hopefully I won't be stoned but I voted for Joe. I appreciated him for pushing Danni on the challenges and I thought he handled Gina pretty good.

Carmen

ontarget
03-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Carmen, I voted for Joe, too, even though I like Jackson a lot.

maryshady
03-16-2013, 10:48 AM
I too am happy with all the finalists. I was even sad to see Gina go since she has been the biggest loser in the house all season. Don't care for her personality but she was a hard worker. I am not voting cause I feel both deserve to be in it and wouldn't be able to decide. Jackson does still have the most to lose so if he gets in and does really well he would probably be a shoe in to win.

Do hope Danni takes it all. Just love her warrior spirit in the face of challenges but then she is such a sweetheart in every other part of her life.

maryshady
03-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks you for commenting about Gina being a size 10. I can't see that as being right

Remember muscle weighs more than fat but takes up much less space. She doesn't look flabby at all so that might be the case. She probably has lost tons of inches.

April Snow
03-16-2013, 05:06 PM
I was talking about the way Gina looked visually on make over week, not her weight. She looked a lot bigger than a 10 to me.

pluckypear
03-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Was so happy to see Gina go. She whined to the end, this week about her foot. They have all sported injuries. It was weird this episode how Bob tried to mask Gina's bad behavior. Found it odd. Danni whined as well and like iwy33 I am no longer a fan.

I am disappointed Jeff made it to the end too.

Would like to have seen Jackson and Joe.

katrinakit
03-18-2013, 08:43 PM
I honestly don't know who I am rooting for this season....

I actually felt bad for Gina. Every season, someone gets turned into the object of everyone's annoyance but I felt like she was really trying to overcome her faults. I think it was for her benefit that she was eliminated, however, because she has a good chance of winning the at home prize and might not have been able to compete for the grand prize since she didn't have that much more to lose.

pluckypear
03-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Sigh the nastiest person won the at home money. So sad. This show has annoyed me before because the most narcissistic contestant has won. But they did lose the most weight. So congrats. Karma though karma.

Hopefully Jackson wins it all to redeem it for decent people everywhere.

katrinakit
03-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Joe went and got all cute! :)

hiddenstar
03-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Dang! I was amazed what danni looked like tonight. Totally buffed. Does anyone know the exact amount of weeks they have from start from finish? I know there are several weeks that we don't see.

katrinakit
03-19-2013, 12:30 AM
I have only seen the video clips. Does anyone know when they upload the full episode?

fattymcfatty
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I was happy that Danni won the competition. Didn't think Gina deserved the at home prize. I thought Danni looked awesome!

Candeka
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I am happy Danni won as well. She looked AMAZING!

jmfan317
03-19-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm happy Danni won too. N I know Jillian won thats another win for Jillian n I think its cool since she was gone for 2 seasons just to come back n win. That kicks butt

Angelic Fruitcake
03-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Danni looked amazing! I'm so glad she won. I don't like Gina, but she won fair and square, good for her! I thought Lisa looked amazing as well!

ontarget
03-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I was amazed at a lot of them. And again here I am after all these seasons--the same weight. Says something for my lack of discipline, doesn't it?

MzJuicyD
03-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I was amazed at a lot of them. And again here I am after all these seasons--the same weight. Says something for my lack of discipline, doesn't it?

OMG i said the same thing when I was watching! lol

ckhmom
03-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Me too. I have been depressed this week and done lousy. I am almost half way to goal and I, yes I, am getting in my own way.

I like this show because it reminds me that people can do it including me.

Carmen

ckhmom
03-19-2013, 05:31 PM
So when does the next season start?

cherrypie
03-19-2013, 05:36 PM
I was glad Danni won. But I would have been happy with any of the 3 finalists winning. I didn't like the way they made her up and did her hair though. She was unrecognizable and I think that affected my emotional response to her transformation.

so annoyed Gina won the at home prize.

maryshady
03-20-2013, 07:21 AM
So glad Danni won but did anyone else notice how she was acting like she was in a daze. Sure hope she got to that weight the healthy way. I know $250,000 is at stake but the way she acted had me worried.

Thought everyone looked amazing. Was happy for Gina. I know a lot of people didn't like her but she was the biggest loser all season in the house. She really did try to change her attitude during the end. Lisa looked hot and so did Francelina. Thought the girl who walked off the show in the beginning of the season looked awesome too!

The kids looked great too! So happy for all of them. How about Bingo's family? Losing all that weight together!

seagirl
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
I am so glad Danni won, I loved her! Although she kind of went overboard on the self tanner....
And I was really glad that the kids did so well, too. And that they focused on more than just their weight.
This was a great season, although now I'm thinking "ok, I'm heavier than I was when I started watching!"

jmfan317
03-20-2013, 12:50 PM

I lost some weight but my lack of discipline is in the diet not the workouts. I would like to look toned n lose the weight I need to lose. Hopefully since I'm seeing Jillian on her tour in Vegas April 13th n meeting her that will definately snap me out of the lack of discipline for my diet

Pink Hurricane
03-20-2013, 10:00 PM
All of them looked and did absolutely wonderful! I am very glad Danni won, I was rooting for her from the beginning, and I related with her and Lisa the most!

jmfan317
03-21-2013, 12:23 PM
So when does the next season start?

They are only doing one season of TBL a year now. That's what Jillian said

ontarget
03-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Wish they were still doing 2 seasons per year.

Okay, I have now dusted myself off and am focusing on a new me. Tune in next season to see how I've done. :lol:

mrslabolton
03-24-2013, 02:17 AM
Was really inspired by how Danni looked at the finale!!! So happy that she won, she looked absolutely incredible!!!