Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Thread Thursday 11/15/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

I have a small break from work and don't have to go back until Monday. Its the first break since I started there last May so I'm a little worried about my routine being off. I'm going to do my best to be prepared and have some veggies chopped so I can grab and go and not miss out on anything I need.

I'm doing the 4 hour drive to Halifax tomorrow to drop my daughter off and visit my IP clinic then make the 4 hour drive back same day so that will be a challenge. I'll be sure to pack a cooler with plenty of water, veggies and prepared shakes.

Am I missing anything?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #3  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Happy Thursday! Today is my weigh-in day and while I am not worried I feel bloated- ugh not a good combination. Ready to hear whatever my coach tells me this morning though.
I have 2 things that I noticed this week that stood out to me. I noticed while I was milking (my husband and I own and operate a small family dairy) that my hips feel so different with all the walking. 2. I went to our local butchershop (so lucky to have one of these considering we live in the sticks!) and I felt like a kid in a candy store!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Good luck for your weigh in

I love IP, every morning I wake up feeling skinnier than the night before!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

NSV = crossed someone in the elevator that works in the same building than me and told me "to keep up the good work of melting"... Never talked to the guy before!!!

Have a great 100% OP day!

xo
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post
NSV = crossed someone in the elevator that works in the same building than me and told me "to keep up the good work of melting"... Never talked to the guy before!!!

xo
Cute! That's gotta be a great way to start the day.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
I have a small break from work and don't have to go back until Monday. Its the first break since I started there last May so I'm a little worried about my routine being off. I'm going to do my best to be prepared and have some veggies chopped so I can grab and go and not miss out on anything I need.

I'm doing the 4 hour drive to Halifax tomorrow to drop my daughter off and visit my IP clinic then make the 4 hour drive back same day so that will be a challenge. I'll be sure to pack a cooler with plenty of water, veggies and prepared shakes.

Am I missing anything?
I really think this thread helped me when traveling: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-warrior.html

But, it sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck. You are doing great and have a plan!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #8  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Oh my gosh stepped on the scale and got the best Surprise 145
Yesterday I was 148 lbs thank you. IP
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #9  

Well I'm still up a lb from my Tuesday WI. I guess this is to be expected since I have been losing 2-3lbs every week. Still gotta say that I hate the stalls! Maybe inches will come off instead this time. This too shall pass
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Maezy, do you weigh daily? If you do, try to break that habit- or at least weigh every few days instead. I was a daily weigher, then I went back to weekly, but I find that maybe every 2-3 days is the sweet spot for me because it keeps me focused without driving me insane and showing every single fluctuation. Just keep in mind it's not a stall until it's been a few weeks!

We're having a 'thanksgiving potluck' at work today and I brought in something delicious that I can't even eat. Oh well, cest la vie. I know some people brought salad and good stuff I can eat (and also stuff I can't haha) so I'm not too concerned- besides, I have my IP meals in my desk so I can always duck out and sneak one in if it seems too disastrous. the funny thing is that I'm really not worried and I finally feel like I'm in control.

Last edited by djs06; 11-15-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post

Am I missing anything?
Not that I can think of, sounds like you're seeing yourself up for success! Maybe try adding something 'snacky' in case you get sick of passing fast food joints along the way. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
Happy Thursday! Today is my weigh-in day and while I am not worried I feel bloated- ugh not a good combination. Ready to hear whatever my coach tells me this morning though.
I have 2 things that I noticed this week that stood out to me. I noticed while I was milking (my husband and I own and operate a small family dairy) that my hips feel so different with all the walking. 2. I went to our local butchershop (so lucky to have one of these considering we live in the sticks!) and I felt like a kid in a candy store!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Awesome NSVs! It's so great to feel like your routine tasks are getting easier. good luck at your weigh-in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post

xo
What a great compliment! congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Oh my gosh stepped on the scale and got the best Surprise 145
Yesterday I was 148 lbs thank you. IP
Woo hoo, congrats!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Good morning, had my first big test with a beer pong tournament last night (we play with water). It was in a bar of course, and EVERYONE was drinking. I had my 750 ml camelbak water bottle with some black cherry Mio and had the bartender continuously refill it before I played. By the end of the first hour, I forgot I even wanted alcohol. This is HUGE for me.

Last edited by Dresa; 11-15-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Maezy, do you weigh daily? If you do, try to break that habit- or at least weigh every few days instead. I was a daily weigher, then I went back to weekly, but I find that maybe every 2-3 days is the sweet spot for me because it keeps me focused without driving me insane and showing every single fluctuation. Just keep in mind it's not a stall until it's been a few weeks!

We're having a 'thanksgiving potluck' at work today and I brought in something delicious that I can't even eat. Oh well, cest la vie. I know some people brought salad and good stuff I can eat (and also stuff I can't haha) so I'm not too concerned- besides, I have my IP meals in my desk so I can always duck out and sneak one in if it seems too disastrous. the funny thing is that I'm really not worried and I finally feel like I'm in control.
THX dj - I WI every day and it really encourages me. When I get discouraged I stop for a day or 2. We are having a Thanksgiving sweets from the parents at my school tomorrow. I made it through the Halloween oen so I have no doubt that I will make it through the Thanksgiving one. The hardest one is going to be the Christmas cocktail party. My DH suggested that we just go out to dinner on our own that evening and skip the festivities. I think i may do that instead. There is literally nothing that i can eat at the party. They serve water and that will be it.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #14  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

My baby turns five tomorrow. This morning as I was tightening my belt she was looking at my waist, about her eye level and she said dandy you're still shrinking. When you're done we get to go to Disney. That made all of us smile.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! Checking in from phase 4. While it's 'fun' to not have as many restrictions in place, I kinda miss the feeling of losing that comes in phase 1! I still have at least 20 lbs to go and will get back to it in January, but who knew I'd miss phase 1?! Crazy but true!

Thankfully my running is going well still - especially now that I have the caloric intake to sustain what I'm doing - and now that I'm actually confronted with them I'm finding that making the right choices is easier than I'd feared it would be. So just a check in from 'the other side' to say hi and that it's not THAT bad over here, all things considered!!!
Closed Thread