Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 09:37 AM   #1  

Default Thursday's Thread!

Hey girls,

Just starting off the thread....
Old 04-24-2003, 10:50 AM   #2  

Ok, where is everyone this morning? I did pretty well yesterday, was hungrier than I would have liked. I broke down and had more calories then I had planned for the day, but I just needed to eat something else, and I made it an apple!

I also did my FIRM body sculpt for the first time last night. I liked it - lots of arranging and rearranging with all the equipment, but it went by pretty fast. I'm not nearly as sore today as I thought I would be, but I also wasn't doing all of it with the recommended weights since I'm a beginner. I really want to try to get my workouts done in the morning, I'm just so not a morning person. I always have so many excuses at night though, and it will be worth it to have to stay at work later to get that out of the way. We'll see.

I have a huge challenge coming up this weekend. I'm 99% sure I'm driving up to Mass to see my family tomorrow and staying till Monday (long story, but our Easter is this weekend). The dangerous this is that my house is completely full of junk food. Anything you could ever imagine or want. Every kind of potato chip, candy, ice cream, frozen pizzas, etc. Plus we're having Easter dinner - my mom's already made the baklava, spanikotpita, etc. Lots of eating in store....it's one thing to control my cravings for junk when it's not right in my face, but it's another when it's all around! And yes, there are some healthy things available, but I just don't know if my willpower is that strong!
Old 04-24-2003, 11:19 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Oh Lexxy don't give in! I'm sure that you will do just fine. Just bring an old picture of yourself with you and take a look every now and then. That really helps me!

Well this morning I was going to do my Winsor Pilates again but my tummy is really sore from doing it yesterday, so I skipped and decided I would walk tonight and do the tape again tomorrow.

I think, after all the talk about it, I'm going to have Jay take a picture of me in my bikini so that I have a "before" picture and can keep track of my progress in how I look rather than how much I weigh.

Hope you all have a great OP day! I'll try to come back later
Old 04-24-2003, 11:54 AM   #4  
Proud Canadian

Hi there. I went to a movie last night - the core - ate popcorn but I didn't have much for dinner so I think I ended up OK for the day. I managed to avoid chocolate and that's a HUGE thing. The movie wasn't the greatest but I went with the ex and he worked on it for about 10 months. The part he did lasted about 6 minutes of the movie and we lived off the money for a full year. It's amazing how much money they spend on these movies. Not much going on for today. I made low point chili last night and I'm taking a personal serving to the gamming night tonight so I can eat that and be full and avoid the pasta potluck they have planned for tonight. I did buy mini-eggs but these guys will have them eaten in no time so I'm not too worried about it.
Lexxy - your family food makes my mouth water. Drink lots of water and avoid ODing on the amazing foods.
Lori - Sore is good, it means it actually worked the muscles. Have nice walk tonight!
Robin - I saw there were more people on this thread so I continued over here. Way to go on the 2.6#!!!
I'll be back
KT
Old 04-24-2003, 12:21 PM   #5  

Robin, sorry, I didn't realize you had started a thread also!

Lori, I'm really going to try to be reasonable this weekend - that is if my boss lets me take Monday off. She's being a total ***** about it. Anyway, my parents out a treadmill in my old bedroom, so at least I have no excuse not to exercise! Which pilates tape in the set are you doing?

KT, have fun at gaming night....dont you just wish you could eat like the boys sometimes!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:41 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Sometimes I wish I could eat like the boys, then I realize how overweight most of them are and I remember there's a reason I do this.
KT
Old 04-24-2003, 01:19 PM   #7  
Andrew

Hello...Lexxy, we posted at the same time this morning.Went to WI last night and lost 2.6lbs. I didn't want to go but my DH shamed me into it. So glad I did. I am doing great OP today. Tonight I am planning on Chicken Ceaser salad. My son is at a friend's house so it will just be Timmy and I. He's not feeling well so he said a light supper sounded good to him. Sooooo sloooooow at work today. Only 2 patients and one left for the day to get an MRI. I've been reading a lot of magazines, looking for ideas for our new bar-room and looking at lots of cute clothes. My DH gave me a $100 bill to buy some "smaller" clothes (as he put it-he is sucking up I think) and I think I'll take part of that and buy some tanning sessions. That is something to wear, right? I am going to a college graduation party for a firend of mine on May 10th and I'd like to be tan and have a new "smaller" outfit to go with it. The only reason my DH said he go with me (he doesn't care for my firend because she used to cheat on her husband all the time and Timmy was afraid she was going to rub off on me),anyway, the only reason he is going is to see who her boyfriend is. She has been having an affair with a wealthy married man from a nearby town for 9 years now. He has paid her way through college (she is graduating with a masters in social service) and has paid for her mortgage, spending money, cars, vacations, etc. Apparently there is a large trust involved which is why he hasn't left his wife yet. My friend, Cheryl, said that is why he put her through school so that she could get a good job and support them both when he leaves his wife. I have my doubts about that but it is really none of my business. She has never told me who he is, only calling him by a nickname. He is going to be at her swanky, catered graduation party. So Timmy wants to see if he knows who he is. Oh well, at least I get to go out. My friend is keeping Andrew for the night too so we don't have to worry about hiring a babysitter. I can't wait!

LEXXY-Drink lots of water this weekend! Maybe that will help curb your appetite. Also-think of how good you're going to look this summer if you keep on losing weight. I keep looking at all of the cute summer clothes and thinking of how hot I'm going to look in them...LOL GOOD LUCK!!

LORI-A bikini? I haven't worn one of those since I was a teenager.

KT-What did your ex do for the movie. Who is in it. I don't think I've heard of it. They filmed a movie in my town of New Harbor a few years ago. It was "Message in a Bottle" with Kevin Costner, Robin Wright-Penn and Paul Newman. Robin was a miserable b__ch according to everyone that worked with her. They used a lot of extras from our town. It was pretty cool.

Talk to you later!!
Old 04-24-2003, 01:37 PM   #8  

Hi girls!

I should be working on an assignment, but I really don't feel like it!

KT ~ That is cool about the movie/money! How was going to the movie with the ex? Weird?

Robin ~ I am so proud of you for losing 2.6! WOW!! Keep up the good work, the party sounds interesting, I love scandal!! (I am bad...)

Lexxy ~ You can do it girl! Stay away from the bad stuff!!

Lori ~ I am doing the bikini shot tonight, better wait until the kids go to bed though, me in my bra and underwear will lead to other things with DH.....

Deb ~ Love your house pics, it is so nice!!!!

Well, better start working on my assignment!

BBIAB!
Old 04-24-2003, 01:38 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Robin - That's a fun story. You'll have to tell us what he's like in person. My ex is a sculptor, he works on movies all the time. We usually have lots of stuff filming up here. For this movie in particular he made a bunch of huge crystals ranging from 3 feet tall to 21 feet tall. They had a crew of about 40 and they worked night and day for the last 3 months before filming. The Core had Hillary Swank and Aaron Ekhert (from Erin Brockovich) and Delroy Lindo and Stanley Tucci and some others. I saw message in a bottle - good book, not very good movie but I LOVED the scenery. It looked like such a pretty place. And you get to live there all the time!
I'm REALLY bored at work today. There's nothing to do and most of my department is away at a conference. Come out and play everyone!
KT
Old 04-24-2003, 02:46 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Robin - I have NEVER wore a bikini but I bought one to wear on the honeymoon as motivation Lets see if it works!

Lexxy - I did the 20-minute workout tape of the Windor Pilates. I'm really liking it so far!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:58 PM   #11  

I've never worn a bikini either! All I have now are tankinis since last summer I was in much better shape...doubtful that I'll look decent in them by Memorial Day when the pool opens, since it's so soon, but maybe by the end of the summer!

I'm so pissed at my job right now - don't know if I'll be able to have Monday off, and I'm only bitter because my supervisor is saying it's because we have so many deadlines coming up - yet she's taking 2 days off next weekend to go to Nags Head with her girlfriends. Makes me think the deadlines can't be THAT important!

Robin, that story is so juicy - where's my sugar daddy?? Gotta love the gossip!
Old 04-24-2003, 04:08 PM   #12  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi guys! Busy day @ work today - and I have one of my last classes tonight! Woohoo! I think we only have next week for classes and then finals. Thank you Jesus! This has been a LONG semester for me.
I got caught by the Prof. last night not paying attention ( I was filling out my planner trying to get organized) and I nodded when I shouldn't have (cause I wasn't paying attention) and he snagged me w/ a question. UGH. I felt like I was 9 and in 2nd Grade again.

Eating is NOT going so well ... I do good during the day (mainly cause there is no time to eat) and then when I get home I loose it around 9-10 PM. Moving the candy to the cabinets wasn't a great idea. I just need to muster up so good old self control. It's when I get tired ( end of the day ) I just don't care and don't think. Ho hum.

Today we started the WW@Work program. We need 20 paying registrants for this thing to be a-go ... 11 showed up today, 13 are interested and couldnt make it today - this isn't as easy as I had thought it would be ...

Hello to everyone. Sorry I didn't get to read through today. It's now 4:10 and I've got to check my voicemails ...
I'm taking tomorrow off I think.

Robin - way to go on the loss! Awesome, girl!

KT - we say The Core a few weeks ago - my son's (who is 5) pick. It was interesting - I'm not a movie person, but it held my interest, so I guess that's not saying a lot.

Sorry if I missed anyone!
Talk to you all later!
Deb
Closed Thread