Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #1  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Default before/after skin removal surgery pics...

I had a few people private message me asking if I would share these photos with the group (thank you for the encouragement) instead of just on the thread I post on so here goes....

This is me prior to surgery and 3 weeks post-op.

Surgery is definitely not for everyone.... heck, I NEVER thought it was for me either but after a lot of soul searching, I came to terms with the fact that I did not want to live with the excess skin forever.

I have a lot of healing to do still but I am already happy with the results.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #2  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Mom3LoveBugs - THANK YOU so much for SHARING. I can only imagine how much courage it took. I hope you now can link the image of what you hoped to look like after losing almost 100 lbs with the true image of yourself. Fantastic! You look like a million bucks......

A couple nosey questions you don't have to answer: Your age? How much did the surgery cost and did you have it done in Canada or US?
The reason I ask is because I'm the same height as you with roughly the same amount of weight loss needed. I may very well consider this, if I get close to my goal weight and have a lot of sagging skin.
Thanks again, Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #3  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Mom3LoveBugs - THANK YOU so much for SHARING. I can only imagine how much courage it took. I hope you now can link the image of what you hoped to look like after losing almost 100 lbs with the true image of yourself. Fantastic! You look like a million bucks......

A couple nosey questions you don't have to answer: Your age? How much did the surgery cost and did you have it done in Canada or US?
The reason I ask is because I'm the same height as you with roughly the same amount of weight loss needed. I may very well consider this, if I get close to my goal weight and have a lot of sagging skin.
Thanks again, Jen
Thank you, Jen!

I am a very private person and sharing is not easy but my intention was to show people (and perhaps give some hope) that if they are not happy with the way their body looks post weight loss, there are avenues you can take to help with that.

Most certainly I can answer your questions.

I am in Canada and the surgery was A LOT of money. Roughly $19,000 for the lower body lift and the breast augmentation. That was VERY hard to come to terms with and I juggled back and forth with feeling selfish for wanting to go ahead with it even though it was so costly. Luckily, my husband was 150% supportive for me to do whatever I needed/wanted to do... if he had shown any hesitation, I wouldn't have done it. I decided to get the breast augmentation done at the same time so that I only had one recovery period to go through. Being gone from my family for 2 weeks was hard and was a huge commitment from my Mom and Mother-in-law to help my husband out with the kids. Their ages are 7, 5 and 2.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #4  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Height: 5'4"

You look absolutely amazing!! Thank you for filling us in on the cost, I am in Canada as well and now I know what to expect if I do choose that avenue... expensive but definately worth it!!!
guil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You look amazing and you're so brave for going through with this surgery! Congrats to you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Mom3LoveBugs, OMG....what a HUGE difference. You look amazing! Congrats on your total transformation. It took a lot of courage to post the pics, and I'm sure there are so many who are thankful for that as well as sharing the information regarding costs.

Again, congratulations!
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #7  

Height: magmeepEVE

I agree with everyone one else, Mom3LoveBugs. What courage to have this done, and you look fantastic. Congratulations on such a wonderful transformation. Thanks so much for sharing the pics too. I had no idea what it would look like.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

You look so wonderful! Great job and congrats!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #9  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

The surgeon really did a good job, you can't even see any incisions!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #10  

You look wonderful, thanks for sharing!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #11  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Moms3LoveBugs you Look fantastic!
This is my dream once I lose all the weight.
It takes soo much courage to share your pictures and I thank you for inspiring us all!
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #12  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

OMFREAKINGGOD!!! That is one HOT BODY!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so amazing that you can share these photos - I can imagine the soul searching involved in doing that, but that is some amazing transformation and inspiration!

You would NEVER know you had anything done, your surgeon truly was fabulous. You have just got to feel like a million bucks.

Thanks for sharing this, and as I said before WOW!! That's hot. ;-) Worth every single penny!!

Last edited by slow2lose; 11-13-2012 at 09:29 AM.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Wow, amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

I go for a consult on Monday to discuss skin removal surgery because I have no clue what's involved. Your pics are amazing!

The price tag is scary indeed (at least you can claim it on your taxes!!) but what a phenomenal difference.

A few more questions, if I may.

How long between being 'done' losing weight and your surgery?

How has the recovery been?

Did you find that the scale dropped again post surgery? Or more directly, how much weight was that excess skin responsible for?

Thanks so much!!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/211.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for sharing, as we all hope to get to a point where we are happy with our bodies! You/and your surgeon have really done great work. You are very inspirational...thank you again for being so brave and kind enough to share.
OCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you so much for sharing your photos. The results are wonderful. A couple more nosey questions:

1. Did you see more than one plastic surgeon before making your decision?
2. How did you select him/her?
3. Did you consider a breast lift v. augmentation? If I decide to have PS, I'm trying to figure out which procedure would give the best results.
petchef is offline   Reply With Quote