Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #1  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

Default Chipotle

So I was messing around with my fitness pal when I entered in my favorite place to go for dinner/lunch. I thought it was going to be healthy. Nope.

One chicken bowl with white rice, black beans, hot salsa, corn salsa, 1/2 serving of sour cream and lettuce with 1/2 serving of cheese. 890 calories. 890.

I did this I have no idea how many times after having breakfast, then having dinner and snacks..I feel violated.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Those calories sure do add up! When I go to Chipotle, I get the following:

Bowl with white rice, fajita veggies, chicken, mild salsa, guacamole and lettuce. It comes in at under 600 calories and I eat half of it and then a few hours later, I have the other half. I don't think it's all that bad. I used to get it without the rice and it was closer to 400 calories but I just wasn't as satisfied without the rice so I decided to live a little.

I can understand why you're feeling violated. I'm glad you found out the calories though! Information can be very empowering!

Also, are you sure about those calories? I used the calories from Chipotle's nutrition info and I didn't get such high numbers. Just checking.

Last edited by luckymommy; 11-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

Yeah I know how you feel... its quite an eye opener when you start paying attention to the calories in the foods you eat all the time.

I though I was doing a good job when I would just get a hamburger at a fast food joint... no drink or fries.... just the burger... then I find out that the burger amounts to half of the calorie intake I should have all day.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I love Chipotle! Just had it today! I know the calories add up, though, so it's always a good idea to plan a meal in advance. Their meal calculator is great, actually; have you used the one on the website?

I always get a salad with: chicken, black beans, guacamole and tomato. Yummy, and it's just under 500 calories.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #5  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

I forgot the guac
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #6  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Scary isn't it? It's amazing how many calories are in restaurant items.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I love Chipotle! Just had it today! I know the calories add up, though, so it's always a good idea to plan a meal in advance. Their meal calculator is great, actually; have you used the one on the website?

I always get a salad with: chicken, black beans, guacamole and tomato. Yummy, and it's just under 500 calories.
That's what I get too. YUM
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote