Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #1  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Talking And she said: "LET THE WEIGHT BE LIFTED!!"

Lol ok, so I have had a whirl-wind of a year from moving across country, getting hit by a car, moving again into an apartment, now moving AGAIN into a house, trying to find a job, fighting the depression of being injured, fat and unemployed and NOWWWWWWW I want my life back.

I am a self proclaimed yo-yo dieter

Loose 10 lbs

Gain 10 lbs

Loose 12 lbs

Gain a BAJILLION lbs

You get the point.

Im tired of feeling worthless and unsuccessful because the one thing I wish to accomplish the most slips from me ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME. I have this thought in my head that if I can just succeed at loosing weight, I could conquer the world.

So what did I do? Joined a gym, spoke to a physical trainer, go to physical therapy 3 times a week, so why am I having such a hard time?

CAUSE IM NOT COUNTING MY CALORIES

And I'm scared of the scale and utter disappointment.

I honestly dont know how much I weigh, but last time the scale said 190.

Motivation and depression are in a battle

So here I sit, Unemployed, Overweight and Feeling Stuck.

I just want to feel like I accomplished something.

So tomorrow is the first official weigh in.

And she screamed from the mountain top "LET THE WEIGHT BE LIFTED!!"

Days go by so quickly, there is no time to waist

Weight Log

Last edited by BleuMaus; 11-19-2012 at 08:59 AM.
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Welcome to forum

Certainly sounds like a rough year, but well done for finding the courage to do something about your weight despite the setbacks and the trials and tribulations that 2012 has brought you!

You can do this and you're in the right place best of luck with the weightloss journey.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #3  
Days Go By So Quickly

Thanks and its really inspiring to see your great weight loss.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome aboard! I saw someone here post the following:

One year from now, you'll be so glad you did something today!

I find that so inspiring. The point is that you can absolutely let the weight be lifted. You've been through a lot and a lot of us have and we just gotta do this...luckily, we have such wonderful support and info here on this wonderful board!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #5  
Days Go By So Quickly

Weighed myself this morning... @ 194.4lbs
Depressed
Starting to count calories today, 1300 limit
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Oh no! Don't be depressed! This take time! Also, if you're experiencing water fluctuations, checking the scale daily could lead to many disappointments. Did you take some photos of yourself? I really recommend that. I didn't and I really should have. Measurements are good too. The weight is only one measure of success and it's more accurate if you look at it over loner periods of time.

That said, 1300 calories is kinda low. You will certainly see more of a trop on your scale (likely) but if you're hungry, it could be a very big challenge. If you're counting accurately, someone at your weight could actually have closer to 1600 calories, in my opinion. Maybe some calorie cycling would shake things up. That means you eat 1700 calories a day and then a few days a week, you drop it down to 1300. Nothing medical, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm really glad you've decided to start counting calories though. It will let you gauge very well (as long as you're counting accurately) if you're creating a deficit necessary for weight loss.

If you're working out (and it sounds like you are) then you need more calories, in my opinion. You could end up full and happy on 1300 calories and if you are, then awesome. If you eat whole foods, you're more likely to be content. Lots of veggies and lean meats along with some good fat such as in nuts (not peanuts, but more like almonds), avocado, wild alaskan salmon. High protein and fiber will keep you full the longest and so will drinking enough water and avoiding drinking your calories. Sugar and starch will create more of an insulin surge and then the consequent drop which stimulates the hunger and some people are more sensitive to those drops than others (I'm one of them).

I'm really rooting for you BleuMaus. Please don't be depressed. This is a marathon...not a sprint.

Last edited by luckymommy; 11-13-2012 at 07:49 AM.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #7  
Days Go By So Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Oh no! Don't be depressed! This take time! Also, if you're experiencing water fluctuations, checking the scale daily could lead to many disappointments. Did you take some photos of yourself? I really recommend that. I didn't and I really should have. Measurements are good too. The weight is only one measure of success and it's more accurate if you look at it over loner periods of time.

That said, 1300 calories is kinda low. You will certainly see more of a trop on your scale (likely) but if you're hungry, it could be a very big challenge. If you're counting accurately, someone at your weight could actually have closer to 1600 calories, in my opinion. Maybe some calorie cycling would shake things up. That means you eat 1700 calories a day and then a few days a week, you drop it down to 1300. Nothing medical, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm really glad you've decided to start counting calories though. It will let you gauge very well (as long as you're counting accurately) if you're creating a deficit necessary for weight loss.

If you're working out (and it sounds like you are) then you need more calories, in my opinion. You could end up full and happy on 1300 calories and if you are, then awesome. If you eat whole foods, you're more likely to be content. Lots of veggies and lean meats along with some good fat such as in nuts (not peanuts, but more like almonds), avocado, wild alaskan salmon. High protein and fiber will keep you full the longest and so will drinking enough water and avoiding drinking your calories. Sugar and starch will create more of an insulin surge and then the consequent drop which stimulates the hunger and some people are more sensitive to those drops than others (I'm one of them).

I'm really rooting for you BleuMaus. Please don't be depressed. This is a marathon...not a sprint.
I work out everyday but I'm trying to get my life back in order and into a routine but in this perpetual state of moving. At the end of this month I will be moving again and I wanna knock my head against the wall.

And yeah your right I should be eating 1600 but I was told once "eat as if you are at your ultimate goal weight and you will be". To maintain a healthy weight of 130lbs at my height, it said eat about 1400-1450. So I'm giving myself a wiggle room of 100 cal per day but allowing myself on Sundays to eat 2000.

I drink a bunch of water, seltzer and cold green tea. I bake my own bread and don't eat much meat. I just haven't been keeping track of ANYTHING and I really need to pay attention.

Its a crappy day out, and I will go to the gym later but seeing 194.4 is really depressing and its overwhelming to see just how far i have to go
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! Many eat there maintenance calories from the get-go. I didn't do that because I didn't know about it. Having said that I will say it does take a bit of trial and error to find the right amount of calories. It is OK to experiment a little. Good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #9  
Days Go By So Quickly

So, I made myself some breakfast:

4 egg whites - 68 cal
1/2 cup mushrooms - 10 cal
cup of green tea - 0 cal
slice of toast - 120 cal

Breakfast calories - 198 cal (1102)

And about 10 mins later I GET MY PERIOD! I HATE being a woman some times. Of course I have to have my first weigh in day on the worst day of the month. Still its no excuse for the weight.

------------------------------

Two interviews on Wednesday (whoot!!) but my house is still a hot mess...
But lunch Time!:

Soup: 100 cal
Toast: 130 cal
Green Tea: 0 cal

Lunch Calories: 130
Daily: 428 (872)

-----------------------

Dinner Time:

Bread: 146
Cake vodka: 140
Shrimp: 100
Pasta and sauce: 360

Dinner Calories: 746
Daily: 1174 (126)

Last edited by BleuMaus; 11-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #10  
Days Go By So Quickly

Breakfast

4 egg whites - 68 cal
1/2 cup mushrooms - 10 cal
cup of green tea - 0 cal
slice of toast - 230 cal

Breakfast calories - 308 cal (992)

Its gunna be a LONGGGGGG day. 2 interviews, visiting my mum, physical therapy, gym, laundry... YAY FOR BEING PRODUCTIVE

cerial bar - 90
Dry fruit - 220
Cracker - 180

Lunch - 490
Daily - 798 (502)

Shrimp Ravioli - 400
Cake Vodka - 70

Dinner - 470
Daily - 1268

Last edited by BleuMaus; 11-15-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

1400-1450 maybe your maintenance at a lower weight if you are inactive, check if that accounts for daily physical activity. But in the end your body will tell you if you need to start eating more. Good luck to you, this is an awesome journey that can definitely be frustrating at times. Hang in there!
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote