South Beach Diet - Monday Morning/Afternoon/Evening Chat - Nov. 12

Ruthxxx
11-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Hi there! I am trying to be terribly perky this morning because my weekend wasn't long enough. Maybe I can pretend this is Saturday again.

My two gym companions seem to have bailed - sort of hoping permanently for the grouchy one. (My bad!) However, I am determined to get back there this morning as I have been goofing off. My excuse has been sore knees but it's beginning to look like that's something I will just have to live with. I had synthyroid (?) shots on Friday which has led to some improvement. (Note to Self: complaining about health problems is a sign of oldladyism! :nono:)

Today will be a bonus day with sunshine and 72. :carrot: The sunshine part will be here for a few days although the temps will fall so today is the day for some outside work. I may cut cedar from my own property for my outside decorations. It's deer hunting season so I won't venture into the woods.

So what's happening in your part of the Beach? :cofdate:

cottagebythesea
11-12-2012, 08:15 AM
My weekend never seems to be long enough. :(

My day is looking to be busy since I'll have to clean up after weekend guests at the farm and probably do a big grocery shopping to replenish an empty pantry. I'd rather be busy than sitting around looking for things to do, though. I'm hoping to get home in enough time to make some Farro w/Mushrooms & Roasted Tomatoes Casserole.

CyndiM
11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Monday after a vacation always comes too soon. I really wanted to sleep in this morning.

Ruth - good luck at the gym. :carrot: I need some of that determination, I misplaced mine.

Cottage - that recipe looks good. Have you made it before?

It's a Phase 1 restart day. Time to pour out the rest of the wine in the open bottle. Don't want any temptation around when I'm tired.

Off to another work week I go!

cottagebythesea
11-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Cyndi, I tried that recipe for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I love it!

TwynnB
11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Good morning ladies! It is supposed to be a gorgeous day here today as well, with the cold front coming in tomorrow. I should be able to get a trail run in today (YAY!) before having a silly OSHA meeting tonight at work. Lucky me.

Cyndi- I think that's illegal to pour out wine ;).

jekel383
11-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Good morning sorry the weekend is over. Not rubbing it in, but I am off until Thursday. After the past two weeks I am celebrating that fact. Sunday was spent "futsing" at Joe's with a little unplanned nap before dinner. This was the first time I stayed over with his son home. Truthfully, I don't think he was phased by me being there one bit. Even Joe commented that he is more relaxed around me (he is very quiet, but was joking around with me).

It's a little foggy this morning, but warm. I have to repair the lattice around the deck and venture up to the patio to assess if any of the lawn furniture was damaged. The insurance adjuster comes Wednesday. Hopefully I get a check big enough to cover the most of the damage. If not my overtime should cover most of it (was hoping the OT would pay down my credit card)

Have a great Monday. Going to finish my coffee and smoothie then hit the bike

jenne1017
11-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Afternoon all - geesh where does the time go?? Oh right, I was up until 5a reading a book that was crap but sucked me in, woke up at 7a with a coughing fit and tried to go back to bed to no avail. And I peed up a storm too (LOL, 90 oz of water yesterday!).

I've been cooking a lot too and falling back in love with being on the beach. No horrible headaches or withdrawls on Day 3 so I am happy. DW is doing it with me too! And she's actually really into it which is great.

Ruth - enjoy the weather!
Cottage - I feel your lack of long weekend pain!
Cyndi - same boat. You want stern or the other part?
Twynn - enjoy your run!
Jennifer - enjoy your time off.

Natasha1534
11-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Good evening, ladies...just popping in to say hello. I'm w/ you, cottage, my weekend NEVER seems long enough.