Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday, November 12, 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I was OP, thank goodness. I am struggling a lot lately and hoping to finish this off before Christmas. Go! Go! Go! Only 10 pounds to go but boy, they sure are stubborn!!! Have a great day!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Monday (And Happy Veteran's day to all of our veterans!) I hope that those who are off from work/school today enjoy it to the fullest! I have to work tonight, but we have the morning and afternoon to play with, and an unseasonably warm day to boot!

LizRR - amazing job on your run!
Wuv - your pictures speak volumes - the photos speak almost as loudly as your giant smile! Your transformation is such a great example not just of how well IP can work, but how strength and commitment pay off in spades!

I've been feeling a bit bloated the last few days - I know it's not TOM (that came last week and already left), no major issues with "C", I'm not hugely stressed, and my food intake hasn't changed much in the last 15 weeks. But my size 12 jeans still fit, so I'm just going to ride it out and drink a little extra water
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #4  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Week 3 WI this morning, down 3.8# for a total of 12.4! Feeling great!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #5  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your loss!!!

I woke up with a massive headache this morning not sure what that is all about... can't wait for it to calm down... argh...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Veterans Day all.... I'm getting frustrated. As some of you may know I haven't been losing. I am OP have been doing this a month and the last two weeks I have averaged the same weight. I am very discouraged as I have had the ability to do this and better w/o ideal protein (but was never able to keep it off which is why I am here, to learn the phase 3 and 4 rules so that I never go back to pregnancy weight unless pregnant). But I will never get to phase three and four if it keep s going like this. This diet is too expensive to do w/o results. What really is the difference btwn this and a lo/no carb diet? That is the way I have always lost in the past. Two weeks I've been floating around 204-208. Never knowing what I'm going to get. Please if someone could let me know why ip is the way to go? My coach hasn't given me a great answer as of yet. Thanks. I hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #7  
mei

S/C/G: 293/289/185

Height: 5'7"

Today marks the beginning of week two. Starting to feel like I've got this.
This week I go back to adding an additional consulting gig 2-3 nights a week in addition to my regular job (last week my client was out of town). This will make meal planning an extra challenge.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #8  
Rejuvenated at 60

S/C/G: 185/155/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlillybeth View Post
Happy Veterans Day all.... I'm getting frustrated. As some of you may know I haven't been losing. I am OP have been doing this a month and the last two weeks I have averaged the same weight. I am very discouraged as I have had the ability to do this and better w/o ideal protein (but was never able to keep it off which is why I am here, to learn the phase 3 and 4 rules so that I never go back to pregnancy weight unless pregnant). But I will never get to phase three and four if it keep s going like this. This diet is too expensive to do w/o results. What really is the difference btwn this and a lo/no carb diet? That is the way I have always lost in the past. Two weeks I've been floating around 204-208. Never knowing what I'm going to get. Please if someone could let me know why ip is the way to go? My coach hasn't given me a great answer as of yet. Thanks. I hope you all have a great day.
Have you been losing inches?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 176/176/140

Question Question on Supplements

Hi, I have been on IP about 5 weeks and have lost about 13lbs. A couple of weeks ago I began having upper left side abdominal pain. Initially my coach thought it was probably my pancreas and had me increase my calmag to one extra pill. This past Friday the pain became too much. I went to the doctors and I actually had a bacteria in my stomach. I am now taking pretty strong antibiotics. The pharmacist told me not to have the calmag 4 hrs before my meds or 4 hrs after but the issue is that the meds I have to take 3x a day. My question is does anyone know what happens if I continue the protocol for the next 2 weeks without the cal-mag? Should I suspend the diet for 2 weeks?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
You've lost 26 lbs so far, don't let a little stall get to you. The reason you want to stick with it is to get to your longterm goal, it's not just about your weekly weigh in, those are going to vary.

Look at Wuv, Molly, Mooselover, IPDiva & LizRR if you need reassurance that IP works. IP may not be for everyone, but it seems you have had great success so far.

Stay commited to being 100% OP, and give it some more time. You can do this!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa1921 View Post
Hi, I have been on IP about 5 weeks and have lost about 13lbs. A couple of weeks ago I began having upper left side abdominal pain. Initially my coach thought it was probably my pancreas and had me increase my calmag to one extra pill. This past Friday the pain became too much. I went to the doctors and I actually had a bacteria in my stomach. I am now taking pretty strong antibiotics. The pharmacist told me not to have the calmag 4 hrs before my meds or 4 hrs after but the issue is that the meds I have to take 3x a day. My question is does anyone know what happens if I continue the protocol for the next 2 weeks without the cal-mag? Should I suspend the diet for 2 weeks?
Most antibiotics don't absorb well when you take a calcium supplement too close to your medicine, but the window is more like 2-4 hours. If you are taking the antibiotic three times a day (every 8 hours), you could take your cal-mags right in the middle of your doses (at about the 4 hour mark). The diet isn't calcium rich so if you CAN avoid skipping them that would be best. but you don't need to go off the diet completely just because of the cal-mags.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
You will have slow weeks, I stayed a whole month floating with one pound. I knew it was my body making adjustments to what I had loss already. Are you feeling better than you were before IP? are your clothes fitting better? You may be losing places that aren't measured, you can't stress with this diet, you have to just go with the flow when it comes to this...IT WILL COME OFF!!!....BELIEVE in YOURSELF and the program. If you have done it low carb already and it worked for you, I have to ask you...why did you switch to IP? there must of been something that you weren't getting just doing low carb. There are so many things that go on with your body, and when you stress about not losing you are going to stall, no doubt about it. For me IP was the way to go, I have learned that carbs is what makes us gain the weight and that I will NEVER go back to eating the way I did before. This has taught me what foods work with what to make my body eat its own fat. I have now been on this 78 weeks, I learned a long time ago, just let the stalls ride out. I was losing in places mostly inches where we weren't measuring, in my face mostly. This is am AMAZING program and has totally changed my life. I hope you stick it out, it will work for you as well....Good luck
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning everyone! Happy Veteran's Day!

I went to dinner at a friend's yesterday. She bent over backwards to make things I could eat. All went well except I didn't realize the 0/0/0 spice she used had plenty of salt. I feel like I'm carrying and extra pound of water today. Ah, well, it's only water and it will pass! But I learned a lesson.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #14  

Good morning off for week 14 weigh in did not loose last week coach acted upset. But I was good left her attitude at the door. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Thank you Veterans!

Looks like so many are doing great here. I am plugging along. Hoping to make the 30 by Christmas goal. This is going to require 100% OP through Thanksgiving which includes a work trip and going to see family. I am prepared with all my IP foods and vitamins already packed. I am so excited to see family.

Hope everyone has a great week.

LizRR- Congrats on your half marathon, what a great time you had!
Closed Thread