Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/256/180

Height: 4'10"

Question Easy Low Calorie Meals?

Hi everyone. I am needing some ideas for what to take to lunch while at work. I need something low-calorie, that can be heated with only a microwave, and doesn't require too much prep. Store bought stuff is fine too.

What does everyone else eat?

Thanks in advance!
Losing Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Cooking in bulk and freezing and/or refrigerating it is a good way to save on time. I grill up a bunch of chicken breasts and veggies that lasts me quite a while and provides me with a variety of meal options. I can have a wrap, a salad, or just warm up the chicken and veggies in the microwave. I always prepare it the night before and take to work with me in the morning.

Eggs always provide me with a filling, low calorie meal. They can be microwaved as well! I usually just have two poached eggs with veggies in the morning though. I prefer that to microwaving them.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

The 70 calorie tuna packets save me some days..

I'll mix
1 tuna packet
Sesame seeds
Kens light ginger dressing (1serving)
Almond salad topper (1serving)

Then I put that in it's own container separate so my wrap doesn't get soggy

I pack a flat out wrap (90 calories)
And some lettuce

It's so very very tasty

I also pack chicken breast and veggies some days
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

what calorie range are you looking for?
I tend to prep food on weekends for lunches during the week. I'll usually make 2 veggies, a grain (brown rice, polenta, millet) and some protein (bbq chicken thighs without bones, steak, etc) and then mix and match throughout the week. It's quick, only requires about an hour of cooking 1 day, and I divide it into containers to be microwaved at work.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I love the frozen organic Amy's products. The black bean burritos (in the green wrapper) is only 300 calories and the Amy's enchiladas (no cheese) are also only around 320 calories, if I"m not mistaken.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

I love Amy's too! They are tastey and have more of a home cooked meal feel to them than other frozen meals. Plus they have a lot of vegetarian options.
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #7  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I usually buy a bag of frozen chicken and shred it in water over the course of 8 hours on low in a crock pot.

With that shredded chicken, I've been making salads and pita sandwiches with it. For lunch, you might try some green leaf lettuce in a half of a whole wheat pita, 4oz of shredded chicken breast and 1 tablespoon of a lowfat or fat free veggie dip. I like Sabra's cucumber dill and yogurt.

I would also add some apples to your diet to eat before and after your meals, they're high in fiber and can help digestion.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/185/137

Height: 5'8"

I make chicken burgers. Just take some ground chicken and use a bunch of spices (paprika, garlic power, onion powder, salt, pepper) and I throw in half a cup of homemade barbeque sauce. I portion them out and make a batch and freeze. They're so handy.
gymrat05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Soup - homemade or fresh store bought. I am lazy and get store bought soups, watch the salt though. My soup is around 110 - 170 cals depending on the variety.

Rice cakes/crackers with cream cheese/chicken and veggies. 30 cals per rice cake plus extra for toppings. I usually have 3 with some low fat cream cheese, veg and sometimes chicken.

Last edited by 1987; 11-10-2012 at 01:41 PM.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/256/180

Height: 4'10"

Seagirl: I'd like to stay below 350 calories for lunch.

Thanks ladies. These ideas are great. I bought some boneless skinless chicken breast and plan on grilling up a whole bunch tonight. I am defiantly gonna try some of your tips. Keep 'em coming. I'm new to this and need all the help I can get!
Losing Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #11  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i like warm things during the winter...like soups and oatmeal...i buy store bought soups but package out my own microwave oatmeal to take...i pack dry oatmeal and dates and nuts and microwave it up at work...i also take yogurts, string cheese, peppers to slice up with dip, fruit and LOTS of things to drink...in the summer i like to take just whole bags of lettuce mixes and eat it in a big bowl at work with dressing...i also like steamer bags of veggies for lunches

at work i have access to a fridge/freezer, microwave, and sometimes ranch dressing but usually i bring whatever dressing i want....however i have to take things that are easy to make and easy to eat on the go because i do this while with students lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #12  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

a chicken breast in a a bowl with a quarter cup of water microwaved for about 7 minutes is my go to (I'm low cal and low carb so I eat it plain with a salad, but you can add just about any low cal sauce to it).

When you have a day off make a whole schwak of ground beef up, freeze it in individual portions. Then you can toss it in soup, make a quick chili or spaghetti sauce or just eat it with eggs.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I make a large batch of chili and portion it out and freeze it. take it out of the freezer the day before and leave it in the fridge to thaw, nuke it at work.

I love salads and always have a large bowl of romaine, spinach, cukes, bel peppers, shredded carrots and anything else that tickles my fancy. I put it in a serving size bowl and tak e it to work. Then I add protien, grilled chidcken breast, ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, hard boiled egg, cheese, black beans or diced ham what ever I am in the mood for.

I grill up chicken breasts, chop them and put them in portions size servings in the fridge, the same with ground beef. It is easy to grab quick when packing my lunch and I don't have to put much thought into it.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote