100 lb. Club - What is your NSV this week?

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : What is your NSV this week?

Lishar
11-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Mine is the size 3x bathing suit that 6 months ago was a torture to get on and off is getting too big for me. I was amazed at how easy it was to get on/off today even wet ;) . Also the bottoms are a bit loose, not falling off but I can pull it out about 6inches. I had to smile at this. NOt that I want to buy another suit but I love not having to struggle getting it on. :carrot:

RoyalAthena
11-03-2012, 10:39 PM
I have had a rough year. I gained 30 pounds throughout the year. Well, I finally lost that 30 pounds. NSV: I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in a year. When she saw me I looked the same!! Yes, I would have liked to have been leaner but I would have been devastated if I had gained when I had expressed my desire to lose weight to her.

Brandnewday
11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
I went up and down the stairs in the stockroom at my job without breathing hard and having to stop to catch my breath. Now I can work on my speed!

angieand2girls
11-03-2012, 11:27 PM
My waist is visibly going IN! Holy cow! :D

Misti in Seattle
11-03-2012, 11:39 PM
A while back I bought some knit tunic tops in a size that fit and also in a size too small. This morning I wore the small one shopping and used the large one to wear over my swimsuit!

Dumplin
11-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Wearing a size 16 jean comfortly now . Goal for me are those slim 14's . I can do this !

dangerouscurvesahead
11-04-2012, 10:12 AM
i realized ive lost 1/3 of my goal weight! My collar bones have come out of hiding!

Lishar
11-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I loved all these great NSV. We ROCK. Keep them coming. I want to read more successes. Even small ones add up. Remember you are amazing.

LaurieDawn
11-05-2012, 02:18 AM
I just love my body! I still have too much excess fat, and I can get totally consumed by pinching all the extra fat on my arms, thighs, gut, butt, etc. But I am far more likely to be caught flexing my newly-acquired arm muscles or tapping my rock-hard thigh muscles or doing a spontaneous Warrior Pose. I am too fat, yes. But I am also surprisingly strong and flexible, and though I will not win in a sprint, I will totally outlast most people on distance. (Plus, truth time - I really like my shape in general. I am a pear, but in the right clothes, I can mask my huge thighs/hips while emphasizing my small(er) waist.)

epicskyline
11-05-2012, 11:17 AM
I wore my size 10 jeans to work yesterday. They were really tight and by the end of my shift, I wanted them OFF, but they fit! Hard to believe that at the beginning of this year, I was wearing a size 22!

ellezony
11-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I just noticed that there was space on both sides of me when I sat in the bathtub. My hip bones are also starting to stick out a bit.

Lishar
11-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Lauriedawn. I have been doing the same thing. Saying to myself "I look good". I am sure most people still see this fat lady but I see the progress I have made. I can't wait to see those muscle I am making stronger under all this fat. Its like I am remaking myself from the inside out. When this fat goes away and it will I will have an awsome body underneath. Its amazing.

epicskyline Congrats on the size 10. I think I was 18 the last time I fit a size 10. YOu go girl. Congratulations on your loss so far BTW.

ellezony That is funny. I was laying in the tube and noticed that my stomach did not go up as far. MY easier to get out of the tub right?

I have one. A size XL shirt I have not been able to fit into now looks great. The sleeves were always too tight, not anymore.

I am loving these.

Pink Hurricane
11-05-2012, 03:04 PM
This is probably a little silly buuuuuuuuut,

My husband can pick me up and I can wrap my legs around his waist. :lol: He did that to me yesterday evening when he got off work and it sort of took the both of us off guard haha. I have been going back and forth between the same 5 pounds for the last month or so, but I have lost inches. Not sure if that has made a difference, but that is my NSV of the week, probably the entire month lol.

tubolard
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I just noticed that there was space on both sides of me when I sat in the bathtub. My hip bones are also starting to stick out a bit.

I did this the other night. There hadn't been space between my hips/butt and the bathtub in a really long time. I was so excited! LOL.

tubolard
11-05-2012, 03:59 PM
My nsv is that my butt shelf (I had literally a flat ridge above my butt, I swear I could have sat a shot glass on it and it would have stayed :o) is gone, there is just a normal taper there now. :D

scoutycat
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I found out that I can now do that leg stretch where you grab your ankle and pull your heel to your butt while standing on one leg without touching the wall for balance. My instructor says this means my core is much stronger.

Kat117
11-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I got into my car and realized I had to move the seat up because there is a lot more room now! Plus, I can get my legs under the steering wheel without a problem. Silly yes, but gratifying.

Lakilaulea
11-06-2012, 01:20 PM
When I first started working out on my Tread Climber last month, I was only able to go at a really slow speed (1.3mph) for 17 minutes. I realized the past couple weeks, I was going 2.8mph for over an hour straight! Whereas I'd only burn about 250 calories in one session, I average about 810 now!

dangerouscurvesahead
11-06-2012, 02:43 PM
may be TMI but ive noticed the past 3 months my periods dont last as long (went from 10-12days to 6-8days) hasnt been that easy for a LONG time!

Beverlyjoy
11-09-2012, 03:04 PM
My NSV this week is actually writing down my food plan for the day, each day.

Lishar
11-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I have one for this week. I put away a pair of pants that were way too tight. I put them on yesterday. They fit and I even needed a belt. I have been tucking my shirts in again. When I was heavier I always left my shirt out to cover my belly.

MY DH told me I looked great and he really noticed a difference. That made me feel really good.

jammy255
11-13-2012, 04:46 AM
I fit a pair of cute copped pants that have been sitting in my closet brand new for almost a year! I bought them on sale and new I could wear them when I started my diet,lol Well a year later Im here!

Lishar
11-16-2012, 12:30 PM
I was finishing my abd workout and it called for 25 crunches. I had just finished 6 sets of 30 crunches, legs elevated, bycicle and reverse. I wanted to try and do as many as I could. I ended up doing 70 and probably could have done more. This is huge because when I started getting in shape in August doing 15 was a struggle. It was nice to see persistance pays off. I will have rocken abs when I can get rid of this fat. :-)

angieand2girls
11-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Wow! Such wonderful NSV's here! Everyone is doing awesome!

Like some of the ladies here, I am also seeing some really nice muscle definition starting to form in my arms and shoulders. It makes my upper body (from the front) look so much sexier! My collar bones are popping out now, I have the tricep bump, my biceps are monsters...I'm looking good! :D I still have quite a bit of fat back though. Gotta get the back muscles on the same page.

Elladorine
11-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Some of the shirts I was hoping to fit into this winter are too big for me now! Whenever I get my sewing machine fixed I'll be taking them in a bit. :D

KateB
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
On Oct 20 I modeled for a local clothing store. The outfit I wore was a size 20 pants (NOTICE 20 NOT 20W) and 2x top. Two weeks ago I had to go in and pick out an outfit were for another fashion show on Nov 10th. The pants I modeled we size 18 (AGAIN NO "W" following the size) and the tops were 1x. I bought that outfit ( I get a 60% discount for modeling) I am wearing those pants today and I can pull them on and off without undoing the button and zipper. I can 16's ahead!!

Lishar
11-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Woohoo thats great KateB.

My DH keeps telling me how great I look. Its nice to get appreciation from your loved ones. He even rewarded me for my hard work. A new pair of boots. I am over the moon. I have wanted a pair for a few years now. They were not expensive and are not practicle but who cares. I look Sexy :o

Elladorine
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
The ring I got for Christmas last year is officially too big for my ring finger now, but it fits on my middle finger fine. :) And I need to buy ring snuggies for my bridal set so they don't fall off.

Kat117
11-25-2012, 05:38 PM
I took out boxes of clothes from storage that went in 6 years ago, hoping they might fit. Most of them fit great right noe, and some are too big. So far I have gone from a 24w to an 18/20.

I also fit in the pedicure chair comfortably today!

Garnet2727
11-25-2012, 05:57 PM
My husband has been giving me a bunch of static about my underwear. He thinks it's time to go get new panties. All just because I can pull them up far enough to cover my boobs, he thinks I should get new ones!

:D

ASaladandaDream
11-25-2012, 07:18 PM
My NSV is feeling good when I wake up! I have so much more energy when I eat healthy & exercise. I sleep better.
This also probably has to do w the fact that I am prediabetic. Too much sugar makes me feel lethargic and like I have no energy, now that Im really watching my intake I have loads more energy.

Also, this morning I put my hands on my waist and it just felt slimmer, lol. I haven't measured or anything, but it's a nice feeling. I can't always "See" the difference when the scale goes down, even though ppl tell me I look different, so it's nice to finally notice Ive changed

Lishar
11-26-2012, 06:33 PM
My husband has been giving me a bunch of static about my underwear. He thinks it's time to go get new panties. All just because I can pull them up far enough to cover my boobs, he thinks I should get new ones!

:D

Hahahaha. That is too funny. I am looking forward to buying new panties. I am not quite there yet. I will be glad to be out of granny panties.

Jojo381972
11-27-2012, 09:10 AM
So inspiring to read this thread and the other NSV one for November!

I have totally pushed myself to start going back to the gym after being away for over three months. I've been going for the past two weeks five times a week. Today I really noticed the weight that I have lost just in two weeks as my jeans were slipping off my waist. I could pull them off without unbuttoning them (size 14 denver hayes stretch jeans).
Now I am more motivated to keep up the exercising and healthy eating.

Congrats on all your NSV's! :)

baker23
11-27-2012, 11:58 AM
This thread just put me in the best mood :) Everyone is just amazing

Mine is noticing two days ago, that my stomache has tightened up and isn't sagging quite as much. I can see defination in it now =D and its making me excited to get more toned

linJber
11-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Threads like this keep me motivated. I work with contractors and often have to go to job sites to meet with them. Usually there is a "site office" where you can go if anything has to be discussed or plans have to be revised, etc. Recently I had to draw some diagrams for the electrician showing how we were going to modify the construction of a cabinet to fit what he had to do. There was no office - just a gutted room with a set of plans on the floor. the only thing to do was get on my knees and draw on the floor. When I was done, I just stood up! When I was heavy, that would have been an embarrassing disaster. It hit me that there are lots of things I can do with ease now that were real work before.

Lin

PS - I don't fill the tub anymore, either. What a thrill the day I realized I didn't dam up the water anymore. I love bubble baths!

Carrie B
11-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Last night, I realized I was the happiest I had been in a long time :)

Susie84
11-29-2012, 05:57 AM
A few years ago I bought 3 very cute jeans. They didn't fit even then, I bought them because I thought they will motivate me to lose weight. Well, they didn't and they ended up sitting in my wardrobe for years.
This morning I tried them on again, and THEY FIT!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:
So, I have 3 new jeans, Christmas came early this year:D

Lishar
12-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Its not a big one. Lying in bed I felt my tummy and it really feels smaller. It does not stick up as much lying down. Its fun when little things like that can make you happy. You see yourself in the mirror everyday so its hard to see the progression.

Keep these NSV coming. I love to read them.

Elladorine
12-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Carrying around a 25 pound bag of dog food at the pet store last night, and being asked if I needed help carrying it out and saying no because it really was no big deal. The lady raised her eyebrows at me and said she would have at least needed a cart. :D

And yes, I definitely needed a cart for it earlier this year. :dizzy:

Rainbowgirl
12-03-2012, 06:52 AM
My NSV this week was pulling out a pair of jeans (actually, my ONLY pair) that I haven't been able to get into comfortably since June and realizing that they fit snugly but not painfully. I didn't need to try and do any elaborate stretching to stretch them out and I wore them all day with no complaints. In just a month, I've gone from being unable to wear them, to being able to wear them comfortably again. :)

epicskyline
12-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Today at work, five separate people told me that I looked really good. I don't know what I did today that was so special, but I will take it!

ASaladandaDream
12-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Today, I pulled on a white t-shirt fresh out of the dryer. I always wear them to work out in. USUALLY I have to stretch it out a bit once I put them on. They fit, but are snug fresh out of the dryer and I like them to fit a little baggier.

Realized once I got to the gym I hadn't stretched it at all and didn't need too ^_^

This is a first 4 me! Mayb b/c the majority of my clothes are stretchy, but I don't notice anything fitting differently until today!

Elladorine
12-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm fitting into 16's from several different stores now, so it isn't just a fluke . . . this is really happening. :dizzy: I can't wait to get into 14's! :D

epicskyline
12-05-2012, 06:16 PM
I jogged 4.30 miles today, which totally beat my record! I think that I am going to try for a full 5 miles tomorrow!

mnemosyne
12-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Have shared these elsewhere, but am tossing them up here, too:

1. I fit into theater seats at an old theater with metal-framed 1920s seats this week. In April, the same seats left massives bruises on my thighs.

2. Just this week, two co-workers, have taken me aside to ask me how much I've lost and tell me how great I look. The chick added that I was also dressing "so cute!" lately. Which yes, yes I am. :)

3. The velvet skirt I was going to wear to a party this weekend (size 26, purchased at Christmas time uhm... years ago, but BASICALLY the last time I lost weight, which has been sitting in my closet for years) is too big to wear. Not a little too big, but literally wardrobe malfunction likely without help too big.

Elladorine
12-06-2012, 01:27 PM
That it didn't phase me in the slightest that I gained half a pound this week. So many times I've struggled all week only to see a gain, and I'd often want to break down and/or give up. But this past week I watched what I was eating just fine and did a lot of extra walking, and I'm consistently fitting into 16's, so a small fluctuation is really nothing.

It's huge for me that I didn't feel one twinge of anger or regret that the scale didn't go down after working so hard. It really helps to keep a chart! With that I can see the overall trend is still going the right direction. :)

dangerouscurvesahead
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
my NSV is... that im still going strong with my new lifestyle! holding true to my new eating habits and doing some sort of exercise every day and my activtrax work-outs thru the week!

Lishar
12-30-2012, 10:47 AM
I have 2 NSV's this week. The first is I walked 3 miles in an hour without difficulty. When I started I was lucky to walk 1 miles in an hour and I was huffing and puffing.

2nd I measured my bra size today (mine was just not holding my girls right). I have gone from a 42 to a 36 since August. Now I have to buy a couple new ones. I just bought new bras in August.

dangerouscurvesahead
12-30-2012, 11:34 AM
ive got a couple... i keep poking my sides cuz i cant get over how hard they r getting (good thing im not ticklish). i turned in shower n realized there werent any rolls on my side its flipping amazing!

Lishar
01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
I am fitting in my XL shirts again. I put them away and now they fit. I was wearing 3XL shirts when I started so this is huge for me. I looked in the mirror and thought I look good today. Yes I am still fat but I think back at how I looked 5 months ago and see a huge difference.

Have a wonderful day.

lunarsongbird
01-03-2013, 06:48 PM
I decided to begin my weight loss journey! That must be a victory, no? ;)

Kat117
01-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I think a man may have flirted a bit with me today.

And if he was just being pleasant, well that is still a huge step up from being treated as if you are invisible.

Plus........ I feel pretty today!

Radiojane
01-17-2013, 01:59 PM
This is a ridiculous one.

I made it half way down the hall at work before I had to duck into the bathroom to pull up my underwear, my pants and oh... MY GIRDLE!

Even my control garments are sliding off! Woohoo!

Lishar
01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Thats funny and wonderful at the same time Radiojane. I have had to buy new Bra's Since I started losing weight. I hate buying them only to have to replace them in 3-4 months. Enjoy buying new undergarments.

Wrting about undergarments reminded me of something. I had to buy new bra's again. I bought new ones in September and again a few weeks ago. I bought the new ones smaller and had to use the last hook. Yesterday I had to move them to the nearest hook. This is a good thing but I might have to buy a new one sooner than I thought. I was happy to finally be able to fit into a sports bra.

angieand2girls
01-18-2013, 03:34 PM
I have my closet separated into two sections, "the wearables" and "the unwearables" lol. I have been consistently moving clothes from the unwearable section to the wearable section. Today I put on a pair of pink curdoroy pants that I wore when I was a month from goal back in 2005. That really shocked me. Now my closet is more than 75% wearables. :D

Angihas2
01-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Even with all the stress of 2 sick kiddos, 1 kiddo having her birthday, and my 9 mos old (one of the germ factories) being glued to my side, I haven't just called for pizza delivery, or just grabbed something quick that's in the fridge for hub's lunch. I stayed on plan and actually slid in under calories for the last 2 days, but I'd rather do THAT with healthy, filling, nutrient rich food, than to grab a 2 minute nuke job, filled with all the stuff I've been avoiding for 3 weeks.

elvislover324
01-18-2013, 05:57 PM
These are awesome NSVs!!

Angieand2girls, I did the same thing in my closet but I had made a separate section for the stuff that was too big! I packed it all up this week and was a little sad doing so as they were nice clothes and I was really comfortable in them (figuratively and literally) but it's now part of my past. And someone will get good use of them. So happy for you and your corduroy pants!

Angihas2, that's a HUGE nsv! Hope the kids feel better soon. So happy you stayed on plan, it's so hard. But you did it!!

I bought a 0x sweater today, I haven't worn a 0x in probably 8-9 years. Now granted, it's an "open" sweater you'd wear over a tank top or dress so it's not meant to be buttoned but I can pull this off! Mentally it was so freeing to buy. They had a 2x and a 0x on the clearance rack, I brought both to the dressing room. The 2x was like a dress on me. A few months ago it would have been too tight. So happy today!

dangerouscurvesahead
01-18-2013, 07:45 PM
my workout pants r soooo baggy they look like im carrying a "load" so tried my daughters on for some idea of where i am and they fit me beautifully! Mine r a 1-2Xn hers r a 7-9! What an awesome feeling it was this morning!

Streudel
01-18-2013, 11:30 PM
I went to the doctor on Tues. My BP was 110/70, the lowest it's been since I was a teenager. :carrot:

Lishar
01-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Great NSV ladies. I went swimming with my daughter today. My bathingsuit is about done. Its too big. I remember a few months ago it was torture to get the top on and off. Now I kept having to pull the top up so my boobs did not fall out. I really loved it when I bought ones that fit now I have to buy more. Its a good thing.

Kat117
01-21-2013, 02:04 PM
I am wearing 3 1/2 inch heels today! I haven't worn heels in 7+ years!

dangerouscurvesahead
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
im doing mod/dif hiking again! h*ll im able to hike at all again!

Kitcherella
01-21-2013, 06:05 PM
I went back into running today - I hadn't run since early December - and I was thinking I should take it easy and run about 20 minutes. So I was running and thinking and then I heard the song that marks the 35 minutes!!! I didn't even realise how time passed. It totally made my day!

elvislover324
01-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Wearing size 18W jeans today that were too snug to breathe just last week plus wore a winter coat that I couldn't fasten the 2 middle buttons on Thanksgiving, can fasten them and then some.

I went out to the store just so I could say I wore them out. Can't wait for my husband to get home to see them!

I love these threads, reading others' NSVs get me as excited about theirs as I do mine. :)

Radiojane
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm in a 3x swimsuit and I can breathe! My watch doesn't need it's second link either! Woohoo'

Tenoreo90
01-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Realized the scrub top I used to have to pull down a few times a night now nicely covers most of my bum.

Angihas2
01-22-2013, 10:01 AM
I haven't turned to emotional eating during this ridiculous stress. Instead, I told people exactly how I feel about their behaviour. So, I rocked the waves! Normally, I let it build and build and build, all while stuffing my face and then explode over something stupid, and then eat some more. This time, I merely said, "Hey you're acting like an asswipe, knock it off!". I felt better, I said what I wanted, and I didn't turned to unhealthy habits to make me feel better!

thnknthin1
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
I can finally jog down the block and then some! :)

Since I started this journey last year I have been wanting to take up running, but I knew until I got a good chunk of weight off, that was not a possibility. Each time I attempted it I would be absolutely exhausted. I found the pain excruciating. My legs would hurt immediately, or my feet, and my lungs felt like they were on fire and I couldn't get a deep breath. Oh the joys of being overweight. I thought to myself how in the world do people do this and find it enjoyable. To me it was pure torture.

As the weight started dropping off I would occasionally attempt a small jog even if it was just going half way down the block. Nope, it was still very hard. I think a lot of it was in my mind. Looking back I'm sure I could physically do it, but my mind gave up on the idea before my body did. So I would start breathing really hard from anxiety and quit.

I started looking up breathing exercises and tips on how to get started running. I also found the C25K program which I started doing on the treadmill. This really helped me get started because it's at a slow pace. My previous attempts at jogging down the block I now realize I was going too fast too soon and not paying attention to my breathing.

So, fast forward to the past couple of days, I went out the other night (mostly so I wouldn't be seen) :) and I told myself to try and jog to the end of the block. My legs started to ache a little, but tolerable, breathing was still good. Before I knew it I had made it to the end of the block. I told myself now keep going and see if I can make it around to the other side of the block. I did, so I kept going. Before I knew it I had gone 1 1/2 miles! I wanted to cry I was so amazed I was able to do it. It was a small victory to me. Last night I did the same thing and kept going a bit longer, I was able to go 2 miles. I did want to quit a few times but pushed myself to keep going because I knew physically I could, but in my mind I'm still that 279lb person that wouldn't dream of walking that far, let alone jog it. I got home and just smiled to myself because little by little I'm starting to defeat those demons in my head that have always told me I can't do it. More and more I am realizing yes I can!

betsy2013
01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
It's only been a short time since I started, but I can tie my shoelaces again. Which is necessary to go to the gym! In reading through this thread, it's inspiring to see what makes us all so happy. It really is the little things that keep us going.:)

Kat117
01-22-2013, 12:23 PM
I fell off the food wagon into a patch of bad goodies on Friday because I was feeling sorry for myself and in pain after oral surgery. Normally that would have turned into a non-stop binge for days.

This time I pulled up my big girl panties (well not as big anymore! haha!) and said to myself "Self.. that the heck are you doing?! Why are you throwing away all your hard work for junk food that doesn't even taste half as good as you remember it? So, your mouth hurts - eating more isn't going to make it better!"

So, I threw out the rest of the junk food and said "No more!" and I got back on my program after just a half of a day of hanging out at the pity party.

May not seem like much to others, but for me, that is part of my biggest challenge. Not to let it spiral out of control.

Radiojane
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
I haven't turned to emotional eating during this ridiculous stress. Instead, I told people exactly how I feel about their behaviour. So, I rocked the waves! Normally, I let it build and build and build, all while stuffing my face and then explode over something stupid, and then eat some more. This time, I merely said, "Hey you're acting like an asswipe, knock it off!". I felt better, I said what I wanted, and I didn't turned to unhealthy habits to make me feel better!

I fell off the food wagon into a patch of bad goodies on Friday because I was feeling sorry for myself and in pain after oral surgery. Normally that would have turned into a non-stop binge for days.

This time I pulled up my big girl panties (well not as big anymore! haha!) and said to myself "Self.. that the heck are you doing?! Why are you throwing away all your hard work for junk food that doesn't even taste half as good as you remember it? So, your mouth hurts - eating more isn't going to make it better!"

So, I threw out the rest of the junk food and said "No more!" and I got back on my program after just a half of a day of hanging out at the pity party.

May not seem like much to others, but for me, that is part of my biggest challenge. Not to let it spiral out of control.

These are HUGE non physical NSV's aren't they??? It's so awesome when you discover the power inside of you and don't have to hide behind food!:carrot::carrot:

Me? I stayed on plan through both the worst PMS and the worst toothache I've ever had, even including making it to the pool every day. I didn't soothe with food for the first time in my life!!!!!

Lishar
01-26-2013, 11:11 PM
My daughters are selling Campfire Candy. Last year I must have eaten 4-5 bottles of toffey peanuts. This year I really don't want to waste my calories on that junk. I want to lose this weight more. I will say the temptation is there when there are cases of candy in my dining room. :-)

Garnet2727
01-26-2013, 11:22 PM
I actually liked the way I looked when I went grocery shopping today. I was wearing a pair of black skinny pants (that are actually a bit too large for me now) and the sweater below. That sweater just makes me grin. I very rarely buy clothing just for fun but my husband convinced me to get it. I'm glad he did!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/Garnet2727/SkullSweater_zpseba6e4dc.png

Lishar
01-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Its nice to have that feeling again. Hey I look good. :-) I had forgotten what that felt like. Enjoy it because you deserve it.

Daimere
01-27-2013, 03:30 AM
I ate out with the hubby. I enjoyed food I liked but made sure it was within my calories. I even treated myself to a cheddar bay biscuit. When I felt full, I stopped eating my biscuit. :) I also had my salad dressing on the side and saved so much dressing by just dipping my salad in the cup. I had half the salad dressing left!

mnemosyne
01-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Garnet - I LOVE that sweater. Where did you find it!!

--

I saw someone today whom I've not seen for months: "You look like a different person!"

I ate out with the hubby. I enjoyed food I liked but made sure it was within my calories. I even treated myself to a cheddar bay biscuit. When I felt full, I stopped eating my biscuit. I also had my salad dressing on the side and saved so much dressing by just dipping my salad in the cup. I had half the salad dressing left!

Hah, I love that trick. Another one to consider: dip your fork in the dressing BEFORE getting your salad on the fork. You'll eat even less dressing.

Angihas2
01-28-2013, 02:46 PM
NSV of the week - I haven't killed the hubs. It's been close but I keep repeating, "You don't look good in county orange. You don't look good in county orange."

I've yet to turn to typical comfort foods, no runs to sonic for a dt dr pepper with lime, no twix, no bk, no nothing but healthy on plan calorie counted food.

AlmostMe
01-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Angihas - what are you talking about??? I'm a Tennessee grad, so I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY looks good in County Orange. 80,000 Vols fans in Neyland Stadium can't be wrong!

But it's far better to wear it as a choice and not as a sentence :cool:

My NSV - well...I dressed out for a team sport for the first time in 25 years on Sunday. Women's rugby. I didn't actually get to play, but I don't think it's far off. And my team won!!

:cheer:

thnknthin1
01-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Angihas :lol3:

As for me, my NSV was having my niece tell me today that I'm looking narrower....as she put it "not so wide" anymore. :)

chubbiegurl
01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
I hope this is an nsv because it involves no scale, which by the way I had to google nsv. Lol. My nsv goal is for the tape measure to read 29 inch waist. I am only about 1/2 away. Other than a period in my life when I was freakishly thin at under 100, not by choice I have never passed 29 inch

Daimere
01-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I lost 2.5 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my ribcage in January. ^___^

zoritsa
01-29-2013, 10:02 AM
I made homemade runzas yesterday...ate one portion,wrapped the rest up and called my sister to come pick up dinner for her and her family.I do have one serving for lunch today,but that's it.

Angihas2
01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
AlmostMe - I'm from a small town in Alabama, nobody looks good in county orange.

NSV - I had to tie my sweats!!! I'd walk through the house and sliding down they'd go, so I tied them!!!

AlmostMe
01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Angihas - I'm a small town Tennessean. I was once in a gas station buying smokes behind this guy in orange coveralls. Didn't even cross my mind he was a guest of the county until he joined the rest of the chain gang.

But you KNOW he looked good ;)

Really shouldn't even tell these things to a Bama girl.

HelloNurse
01-29-2013, 02:34 PM
I had to get my boyfriend to take a link out of a choker necklace that was starting to droop. I also had to adjust the belt on my apron for work today. Oddly enough, my shoes are already fitting more loosely. I knew that would happen, I just didn't expect it to be one of the first changes.

allieballiebee
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
I started -- and completed -- day one of a couch-to-5K program! I actually RAN a little bit! There is NO way I could have jogged for even a minute 73 lbs ago.

Kat117
01-29-2013, 06:00 PM
After almost 4 months of trying, I finally had 3 weeks in a row that my hydration was over 50% and my body fat is down over 20%.

The clothes that were too tight 6 weeks ago are now too big and I finally gave in and bought new proper fitting underwear and they don't look like small parachutes!

Oh and... I finally closed on my new house!!!!!!!!!

Radiojane
01-29-2013, 06:13 PM
This may seem like it has nothing to do with weight loss, but for me it does. I got three teeth pulled today. I have never taken much care of my health, and I was in denial about it for a long while. Now that I'm thinner and healthier, I knew I wanted a beautiful smile.

hautbois
01-30-2013, 07:39 AM
I finished Week 1 of the Couch-to-5K program. :-)

Kat117
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Good for you RadioJane! Interesting how taking control of our weight and getting healthy in that way wants us to be healthy all around. I think that is a huge NSV!

betsy2013
01-30-2013, 11:48 AM
I just ordered a leotard to take my monthly progress pictures. It's a size 3X and I'm not sure I can even get it on yet, but I decided that wearing my usual "how much of this fat can I hide" outfits wouldn't actually show the progress. I never would have ordered a leotard before!

the shiv
01-30-2013, 11:26 PM
I have been waiting for a NSV for who knows how long now! In a desperate bid to find one, I tried on some clothes. Most of them still won't go round my waist. I do, however, have a lovely size 14 Lipsy shirt that I wore once at my highest weight with a vest underneath as I couldn't do it up. I tried it again today, and it gapes a bit, but the buttons are hardly pinging off, and I can button it up all the way :D Also it doesn't pinch under the arms like it used to, I can move my arms around in it.

I couldn't wear it in public yet (my boobs just look enormous and I hate that, I can't wait for them to shrink a bit!) but it's great to find something that fits better than it used to!

Kat117
01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
I put on a pair of size 16/18 pants today! Granted after about an hour of sitting in them I had to undo the button as it was choking me.

One word of warning to those losing weight - keep getting smaller pants as you go down the scale! I stayed in the same pants for 75 pounds (pull on elastic waist, spandex filled polyester from Lane Bryant). I love love love being comfortable and wearing pants that were sliding down my hips were my ideal for sitting in an office chair all day.

Now the truth be told, I was swimming in them - and it was not attractive but it felt good! Now the pants that are in my closet that fit are zipped and buttons, and let me tell you there is no give in the waist and after lunch they feel really really tight!!!!!!

Definitely need to keep adjusting the pants as you go down to get used to them!

:)

LaurieDawn
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
I work in a building that sits at the top of a hill. Yesterday, we had significant snowfall, and one of the bosses in my office decided to have impromptu sledding races. We were only out there about 20 minutes (it was cold, and we did have work to do!), but it was awesome being able to run up the steep hill after sledding down it. Gym for the win!

Kat117 - I actually have the opposite problem. I'm so anxious to go down sizes that I will wear clothes that are unflatteringly tight so that I can feel good about wearing that size. But it is not attractive, and no one is impressed, because no one is looking at the tag. =)

shishkeberry
01-31-2013, 09:33 PM
I stopped myself from buying fast food today and I bought yogurt instead of junk from the grocery store. I had hot dogs for dinner but I also had a large salad first. I'm pretty proud of myself for avoiding wendy's.

HelloNurse
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
There was a box of white chocolate macadamia cookies on the table in the break room at work. I didn't even sniff them.

kaelah
01-31-2013, 11:18 PM
These are wonderful!

My collar bones are slowly starting to show themselves! It's always the first thing that happens when I begin to lose weight, and I love it.

Pink Hurricane
01-31-2013, 11:47 PM
My size 18 jeans are getting baggy, my husband noticed too!

thnknthin1
02-01-2013, 04:03 PM
The kids had a cake walk at school today and one of them won. My son brought home a wonderful looking chocolate cake with sprinkles. I served them each a piece (it smelled so good) and wasn't even tempted to take a taste. Yay me!

Silverfire
02-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Instead of going out for supper or ordering in like I wanted to at first, I sucked it up and made a big batch of (healthy) Broccoli Cheddar Chowder. It was so good and totally the right choice. I plan on making a double batch tomorrow to keep in the freezer for lunches.

ParkTrot
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Wow this is an inspiring and motivating thread!

Yesterday I wore a body skimming, white lace dress from a notoriously tiny-sizing store and actually felt like I could pull it off! That in itself was a victory, but on top of that when I went to help friends prepare for a party, one of the women who is pretty into people's shapes, sizes, appearances etc said "I just can't get over how cute your little figure is!" Needless to say, it felt amazing. I would have NEVER been able to fit in it, let alone look good in it, not all that long ago. Plus to get a body compliment beyond "OH YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT" is a pretty unique experience for me.

HelloNurse
02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
My sweetie informed me that one of my chins is disappearing.

I also put on my favorite winter coat, and for the first time this winter the front panels are closed in a straight line all the way down to the hem, not splayed out at the bottom from being pulled tight over my belly.

HelloNurse
02-02-2013, 02:27 PM
I just ordered a leotard to take my monthly progress pictures... I never would have ordered a leotard before!

Congratulations! I can't quite work up the courage to even start taking pictures, because I know how I'm going to look but I don't want to be confronted by it.

epicskyline
02-02-2013, 04:09 PM
I've started doing a bit of light yoga. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I'm proud that I am able to stretch into the positions now.

AlmostMe
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
We had an extra rugby practice this morning and a few of us were hanging out at the clubhouse. I got complimented on my improved fitness and my weight loss was noted. Now...because of the position I play...no one's going to encourage me to lose too much weight!* But it felt so good to have all the hard work I've done on fitness acknowledged!

___
*I can afford to lose some weight and still be a good prop, but not too much. I'm working hard on building my muscle up so I lose volume faster than I lose mass!

HelloNurse
02-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Yesterday I wore a body skimming, white lace dress from a notoriously tiny-sizing store and actually felt like I could pull it off!

That dress is beyond cute, I bet it was a fun one to wear! I love dresses and I can't wait to get out of the cupcake shaped ones and into the sexy sheaths I used to favor as a teenager.

ParkTrot
02-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Oh I know the cupcake dress situation all too well! While I do enjoy wearing them, I did get sick of being restricted exclusively too them. Goodluck on your journey, you'll be back in those beloved sheaths in no time!

elvislover324
02-04-2013, 05:38 PM
That white dress is gorgeous!

And I had to look up what a cupcake dress was as I never heard of that style...this is what I thought it was but it's not the case. :)

ParkTrot
02-04-2013, 07:54 PM
OMG! :lol:. That's too funny! I would actually wear that any day of the week...future Halloween costume perhaps.

elvislover324
02-04-2013, 07:57 PM
:rofl: Lol it was so funny!! I'd have to make my foil a little longer!!!

Natalie42
02-05-2013, 04:52 AM
I love this thread but I have absolutely no idea what NSV stands for?

thnknthin1
02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I love this thread but I have absolutely no idea what NSV stands for?

NSV = Non Scale Victory

But, I need someone to explain to me what is a "cupcake style" dress?? :)

Natalie42
02-05-2013, 05:43 PM
NSV = Non Scale Victory

Ohhh...thanks!

smashlers
02-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I am actually JOGGING on my treadmill... What the What?!?! The body TRULY is an amazing and resilient thing.

HelloNurse
02-05-2013, 07:55 PM
NSV = Non Scale Victory

It's what you get with the kinds of dresses that are typically sold for plus-size women; from the shoulder to the hem they tend to flare out quite a bit, and make me look like an upside down cupcake. It's hard to describe exactly, but you know it when you see it.

elvislover324
02-05-2013, 08:03 PM
If you google "cupcake dress" you will get results showing the style that HelloNurse described. But it also showed the Halloween costume I posted which made it funnier!

My NSV today was quasi-scale related. I had to have surgery this morning with anesthesia and someone made a huge note in my file writing "recently lost 100lbs!". Not sure if it was for the nurse or anesthiesiologist but every single person who spoke to me prior to surgery acknowledged my weightloss and hardwork. It felt so great. And when one of the nurses asked me my weight, I practically screamed with delight "225!!!". Who gets delighted with 225lbs?? ME!!

SeeMyFeet
02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Hunka hunka burning love, ElvisLover! You had surgery today and you're here posting? I've 'seen' you around abouts and I just have to ask--what's your secret? You gotta magic wand you're willing to share? Haha

elvislover324
02-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Lol seemyfeet!! No magic wand here! My surgery was early this morning and I relaxed all day when I got home.

I had to log on as I'm getting antsy not being able to exercise for a few days. Who knew I'd be addicted to exercise now?!

I'm on a medically supervised diet but its a different doctor than the one I saw today. My only magic is an awesome medical team and an awesome God!

SeeMyFeet
02-05-2013, 09:10 PM
How long did it take you to lose the weight? You only signed onto the forum in Sept. !!!!!

Roo2
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
I have been I trying to reward myself for staying on track..well today I used 1 of the Groupons(addicted to these things) I had purchased ..this one was for mircodermabrasion.
The girl that was working on me was so nice and we chatted for a while as she worked on me. Later she commented on what nice size pores and how I did not have that many wrinkle lines! I know she was being nice...but she made me think maybe there is hope for my skin ...I have been so self conscious of my skin ...and with her kind words gave me the hope that I needed.
I don't want to be looking like a shriveled prune.:?:
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

elvislover324
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
How long did it take you to lose the weight? You only signed onto the forum in Sept. !!!!!

Since July. I'm on a low calorie diet which is why it's medically monitored. It's nothing short of a miracle. I see a nutritionist along with a nurse and doctor and am learning to eat again so I'm healthy in the future.

The time clock is running out for me to get pregnant if my biopsy comes back clean (please pray), I had to get as much weight off due to the cancer and estrogen issues. If my biopsy comes back as cancerous, I'll be having a hysterectomy very soon as that means the tumors are still growing. :(

thnknthin1
02-06-2013, 08:30 AM
It's what you get with the kinds of dresses that are typically sold for plus-size women; from the shoulder to the hem they tend to flare out quite a bit, and make me look like an upside down cupcake. It's hard to describe exactly, but you know it when you see it.

Ahh, I get it. Believe me, I avoided dresses at all costs when I was at my heaviest so I never got to personally experience the cupcake look :)
Thanks for explaining!

Radiojane
02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
My wide calf boots are now too wide in the calf! Not falling down, but definitely loose. The boot itself could be tighter too, which means my feet have shrunk some more!

I needed an NSV this week. I got within 3 pounds of a 100 loss and then had a huge sodium jump that's coming off at snail pace.

SeeMyFeet
02-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Whellll.....I think I might have a NSV (finally!). An old standby blouse for work fits better. And a winter coat hangs better in the front. Big victory for me is getting a new cell phone last December! It's really helping to keep me organized, and since it's on the sprint network, I can use it at work to check out 3fc!

Angihas2
02-06-2013, 04:31 PM
I put on a pair of size 16 jeans. They're from Cato's (womens clothing store int he south and southeast region, they sale regular and plus clothing), they're not 16 plus, or 16 women. Just 16's. A bit of a muffin top, but I'm not being strangled and they're pretty comfortable.

the shiv
02-06-2013, 08:32 PM
I hit a plateau this week. And haven't given up. Which is a new one for me ;)

smashlers
02-06-2013, 08:32 PM
YES!! Finally finished week one of my c2 5k program on my phone. I have been doing it for weeks and never advanced on to the next level until I truly, no cheats about it, was successful in completing that day.

It felt awesome. It's a small little thing, and I am sure tons of my friends could just do it, the actual first week and not have a problem. But I did it. heck yeah!

Tomorrow I weigh in for WW. I have worked my a$$ off this week, I hope i see some results. I know this wont all happen over night (I am 2 months in), but I could totally go for a mini win.

charliee
02-06-2013, 09:40 PM
... And when one of the nurses asked me my weight, I practically screamed with delight "225!!!". Who gets delighted with 225lbs?? ME!!

You are the cutest thing ever!! Like EVER!:)

I hope your biopsy comes back clean, and you are able to get pregnant right away.:hug:

I've been sitting here moping because a boy I like hasn't called me :rolleyes: and reading your post has reminded me to put things in perspective. I'm wishing you the best of luck!

SeeMyFeet
02-07-2013, 02:04 AM
Oh Lawdy Charliee...don't you know.....Boys don't do no callin' !!!!.....You gonna be waitin' forever!!!!!.....unless you just had a pizza delivered !!!.....

That's what WE'RE here for!!!!!!!!

ReillyJ
02-07-2013, 02:14 AM
i guess this is a victory? But one of the checkers at my grocer store that i see periodically saw me in my new leather jacket (I'm pretty much at goal) and started saying how beautiful i looked and that i looked like a model... embarrassed the h*ll out of me and i couldn't get out of there fast enough--but it was a very nice thing to say once i allowed myself to digest and enjoy the compliment :D

HelloNurse
02-07-2013, 12:50 PM
I am resisting pizza right now. One of the reps brought it in for lunch, and pizza is my biggest weakness! I can eat a whole one by myself. Instead I grabbed one slice of the one that was calling to me most, loved it, and ate a salad without the croutons. I don't care for croutons anyway, for the amount of calories in them.
I know I can't refuse to eat my favorite food, but I don't have to have the whole pie. I live in a first world country, there will be more pizza any time I want it.

elvislover324
02-07-2013, 12:55 PM
You are the cutest thing ever!! Like EVER!:)

I hope your biopsy comes back clean, and you are able to get pregnant right away.:hug:

I've been sitting here moping because a boy I like hasn't called me :rolleyes: and reading your post has reminded me to put things in perspective. I'm wishing you the best of luck!

Awwww ty charliee, your post made me smile!!

I will say, cancer does put things in perspective. But you know what, sometimes the perspective is that you deserve to have that boy call you or whatever your heart desires. I hope he calls you but you know what, if he doesn't, it's HIS loss. And that means he's not the one. :)

Thank you for your sweet post, you have no idea how much it touched my heart. :hug:

Radiojane
02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
In July, at my heaviest, during my vacation out East, I bought a pink NYC hoodie in a woman's 2X. At the time I wore a 6X, but i felt so gross on that vacation that I bought it as motivation for when I got home. Well, last night I was trying on a few things, just because I occasionally have these attacks of paranoia about my scale lying to me, and I picked up the hoodie. It's still a little tight in the belly, but.... it fit! With a t shirt on under it!!!!!!!

elvislover324
02-07-2013, 01:34 PM
In July, at my heaviest, during my vacation out East, I bought a pink NYC hoodie in a woman's 2X. At the time I wore a 6X, but i felt so gross on that vacation that I bought it as motivation for when I got home. Well, last night I was trying on a few things, just because I occasionally have these attacks of paranoia about my scale lying to me, and I picked up the hoodie. It's still a little tight in the belly, but.... it fit! With a t shirt on under it!!!!!!!

High 5!!!!!! :carrot:

Silverfire
02-07-2013, 02:27 PM
NSV for the win! A guy at my work today stopped my and asked me if he could ask a personal question. I said sure why not. He asked if I had lost some weight! I said, yes, just a smidge! He laughed and asked what I was doing, because he keeps ballooning. When I hesitated, he said please don't say diet and exercise. I laughed and nodded and he sighed and went on his way. Felt pretty good after my horrible weigh in this week :)

AlmostMe
02-07-2013, 05:44 PM
I finished the C25K this week .... almost. I've done two 30 minute runs! Today I ran a few sprints and some backward jogging too after my 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, I'm still not running anything NEAR the speed I'd like....

Tziri
02-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Got into my size 16w jeans and they are finally comfortable to wear! Almost out of plus sizes.. yay!

zoritsa
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I tried on some jeans that were to tight just a few weeks ago....and they fit! :carrot: To bad they have a hole in the rear of them :mad: The only reason I kept them,was because they fit before I got pregnant with my 11 year old...and I wanted something to show when I got back down.Still a long way to go,but oh boy did it feel good to put them on :D

Lishar
02-08-2013, 12:39 PM
I bought myself some XL yoga pants and Tshirts. When I started I was wearing 3XL shirts. I am trying to only buy transition cloths because I am just passing through this size. I was so excited that the XL fit. I keep looking at myself in the mirror and thinking "You look good". LOL I still am only halfway to my goal but feeling and looking much better.

LaurieDawn
02-08-2013, 03:08 PM
I graduated last May, and started losing weight in June. I went back to my school to assist with something, and saw two people from the administrative office. "You look great!" one of them said, while the other nodded. "There's something different about you. Your hair is so gorgeous."

"I also lost about 65 pounds." I said.

"Yeah. I didn't want to say that because I didn't want to offend you. I wouldn't have guessed that much, but you look amazing!"

Very cool moment. Interestingly, I started losing hair because of the weight loss and began taking biotin to reverse that, and my hair is healthier and shinier, I think. ;-)

berryblondeboys
02-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Oo...OO...oo... I have one!!!

Last night, for only the second time/age in my life, I was able to touch my toes! I couldn't do it as a kid, a teen or as an adult. I could about 15 years ago when it was the only other time I worked on fitness other than now.

I wanted to shout from the rooftops that I can touch my toes! Now to get it so that I can more than just graze them with a push... but to be able to actually stand there and touch them and KEEP touching them!

Beverlyjoy
02-09-2013, 10:05 AM
The last three days I ate very low sodium food plan... as per my doctor's request. Victory figuring it all out.

HelloNurse
02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Honestly, I'm feeling victorious that I'm sticking with it at all. The past few days my weight fluctuated upwards, but instead of being discouraged I put my head down and kept going. I am now lighter than I have been in a year, and I am looking forward to being even lighter in another month, then getting lighter than that. I wear size 18w now. I haven't been below a 20w in years. At my heaviest, 6 years ago, I was a 24w and those were getting tight.

I have met too many people who have tried to tell me it can't be done without surgery. I can't wait to prove them all wrong, because I refuse to go that route. I definitely hold no judgement for people who have chosen to use that particular tool, but I decided it wasn't for me after a series of consultations and a lot of soul searching and research.

I'm sorry to be long winded. It's just that today the scale moved in the correct direction for the first time all week, and I'm feeling relieved that I've stuck to my plan long enough to see it happen.

elvislover324
02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Love all these posts, I read them everyday. :)

Today I put on a winter coat I found in my closet. Haven't worn it in so long, had no idea when I did last. Then I found an atm receipt in the pocket. November 2004! I am psyched, it's a Jones New York that I got at Burlington Coat Factory way back when. It's a 1x and I thought I was so large then. Now I am psyched to be a 1x!

Thinforme
02-09-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm new just joined today but my victory today is that I've started. I took that first step into a new and improved me. I'm looking forward to the journey and forgiving myself for the past.

HelloNurse
02-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Welcome aboard! I think everybody in this forum has had to give themselves a lot of forgiveness in order to move forward.

Garnet2727
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
This morning, the scale said that I lost most of my weight gain from last week. So, I tested this by trying to put on my size 18 jeans and....

THEY FIT AGAIN!

WOOT!

lunarsongbird
02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm new just joined today but my victory today is that I've started. I took that first step into a new and improved me. I'm looking forward to the journey and forgiving myself for the past.

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/s/3/Z/6/w/1/yay-green-flag-md.png
Hooray! Are you following a particular plan? Will you come and visit us here often? :)

lunarsongbird
02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
About everyday I come downstairs and jokingly ask DH if I'm trimmer. Yesterday his eyes lit up, almost in surprise, in he said, "YES! You do look smaller!" It was fun!

lunarsongbird
02-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Oo...OO...oo... I have one!!!
Last night, for only the second time/age in my life, I was able to touch my toes!

I think this deserves a pedicure. Thoughts? Anyone? ;)

elvislover324
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I wanted to shout from the rooftops that I can touch my toes! !

I think this deserves a pedicure. Thoughts? Anyone? ;)

I think it's worthy of a massage...FOR ME!...I just tried to touch my toes with Melissa as an inspiration and I almost couldn't make it back up!!!

Awesome NSV, definitely deserves a pedicure!!! :carrot:

Thinforme
02-09-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm calorie counting and slowly becoming more active "thinking about trying zumba" and yes I will :)

lunarsongbird
02-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Cant....Reach....
Bo: "What in the world are you doing?"
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/php1HgJnYAM_zpsdb827800.jpg

Thinforme- Zumba is WONDERFUL! Check it out for sure!!

Daimere
02-10-2013, 01:57 AM
I went to a bellydance class and survived! I was late and about to back out. I didn't though! I went to a naked lady party. Got some cute clothes that are a little tight that I'm hoping will fit in a few months.

KimL1214
02-10-2013, 02:38 AM
I was able to say "no thank you" to numerous goodies at work this past week!

Batou
02-10-2013, 11:11 PM
I had one yesterday and one today. Yesterday, I walked quickly up three flights of stairs without having to stop once and didn't feel too winded, which would have been impossible for me a month ago. Also, I can fit in my favorite dress shirt again. I haven't been able to wear it for a couple years now.

AlmostMe
02-11-2013, 03:44 AM
I played rugby yesterday. My first game EVER. Absolutely awful conditions. Freezing rain. Several of our girls (the skinny ones) got first stage hypothermia. I only played 15 minutes. But it was AMAZING!!!

Then I went out and got a skinful. I'm gonna have to walk back to the club to get my car this morning. I had every intention of running from the my son's school to the club - but my EVERYTHING hurts too bad.

Pink Hurricane
02-11-2013, 09:56 AM
While I didn't eat OP, I didn't binge, which is a first for me. Usually when I am off plan, I binge like a maniac. But not this weekend!

Silverfire
02-11-2013, 11:03 AM
I have managed to get on the elliptical 5 days this week, not quite for as long as I would like, but getting on the dang thing is half the battle!

Kat117
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM
I have offically hit the halfway point in my total loss process and I get my 50% off Reward this week - which is a day off from work to go to a posh spa and have a facial, massage and pedicure!!!!

Radiojane
02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Mine are goofy: When I suck my tummy in, I can actually suck it in far enough that you can't see it over my boobs, and I'm below the "suggested weight" on my pantyhose!

Silverfire
02-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Mine are goofy: When I suck my tummy in, I can actually suck it in far enough that you can't see it over my boobs, and I'm below the "suggested weight" on my pantyhose!

:woohoo: That is awesome!!! I have smaller boobs, so I have a long ways to go before I can't see my belly over my boobs!!! Ugh... Pantyhose. I avoid those like the plague!

Radiojane
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Haha, that's what got me so fat in the first place! My boobs are so huge I could never see my tummy so I thought I was fine!!

I very rarely wear pantyhose, but I found a pair in my dresser the other day and I noticed the size chart on the back!

mccull83
02-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Energy, energy, ENERGY, ENERGY! (sorry, I'm just feeling so good today and have such energy! Better get on the treadmill soon and put it to use :dizzy:)

Kat117
02-13-2013, 01:48 PM
finally figuring out why I feel like I am sitting on the floor in my car even though the seat is up as high as it goes. My butt has shrunk so much, I am shorter when I sit!!! LMAO!

the shiv
02-15-2013, 04:00 PM
I just had to change my weights from 2.5kg to 3.5kg to finish my arm workout! I'm training to failure so without the extra kg I'd have been there for hours. Only trouble is, I can hardly lift my phone to type this as I'm so exhausted. Time to eat something :)

lunarsongbird
02-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Where is that thread? NSVhttp://www.rivcominc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/iStock_000004145220XSmallClimbingPapers.jpg, NSV, NSV...Ah HA! Here it is!

Maybe TMI: My bra has been so uncomfortable for a couple weeks now. And then it occurred to me..."DUH...I've lost inches- I need to adjust the band!"

I went to the second clasps on my band! I haven't done that in over a decade! I've always had to buy bras with bigger bands! Simple, but exciting!

elvislover324
02-26-2013, 02:10 PM
My $2.50 Goodwill jeans are getting ready to go back to the donation racks. They are Levis and beautiful gorgeous jeans that I am in love with. They wouldn't even zip up nevermind button when I got them home. They served me well for this past month and as sad as I am to see them go, I already have a new pair ($5 jeans!) to replace them. Not Levis though. I priced out the Levis to see if I could buy a pair and they are $58 online! That made me love my GW ones even more!

Radiojane
02-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Lunarsongbird Isn't that awesome? especially when you don't feel like you're stuffing bowling balls into marble bags?

I am beyond amazed every time I put my bra on. I'm in a 42 band (started at 54), and I can do it up on the tightest one. In fact, I think it's time to go down to a 40!

elvislover324
02-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Isn't that awesome? especially when you don't feel like you're stuffing bowling balls into marble bags?

Jane, I love reading your descriptions in your posts!!!! You must be so funny in person too. :D The only problem with in person is I'd be spitting my water all over you instead of on my computer screen when I burst out laughing!!

rodeogirl
02-26-2013, 09:41 PM
My sweatshirt is looser and I've had more energy.

dcapulet
02-26-2013, 09:53 PM
My husband told me he was jealous of my muscular legs :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Went shopping for a new winter coat and clothes; down in sizes in everything -- esp the bras and undies (from 46DD to 40C; still enuff there I guess) ;). Two sizes down on my dress coat, but got such super winter clearance deals that I bought 3 coats for less than I planned to pay for one.

I bought 10 nice tunic tops for only $5.00 each; and a few other dressier ones for good; all on sale as well. My dress pants are down 2 more sizes as well. Some things I went down 3-4 sizes, but it all depends on the make and style, of course. I couldn't believe how the sizing varies with different types of tops; had to try on about 75 to find 15 that fit the way I wanted them to.

Overall though; am very happy for this huge NSV and the new clothes too! :D

KimL1214
02-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Switched belts!!! The belt I bought on January 2nd that was a bit snug... is too big!!! I'm now wearing the other smaller belt I bought the same day!!! It's blue and sparkly!!!

lunarsongbird
02-27-2013, 12:41 AM
Wow!! AWESOME NSVs!! Super glad I bumped up this thread.
I squeezed myself into some 16s today! Not super attractive, I must say, but they buttoned and zipped all the way up!

FickleHearts
02-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Did 15 min on the elliptical and despite the scale hating me, I have definitely lost inches as pants I haven't been able to wear in a year fit and fit loose! It's put me in a great mood today!

Silverfire
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Did 15 min on the elliptical and despite the scale hating me, I have definitely lost inches as pants I haven't been able to wear in a year fit and fit loose! It's put me in a great mood today!

That's awesome. My elliptical and I haven't been getting along this week :( 15 minutes is hard on that thing!! Congrats more on the loose pants!!!

FickleHearts
02-27-2013, 11:11 AM
A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...... I used to do 45-60 min on it religiously 6 days a week. Now? 15 min about killed me. How did I ever get this out of shape???? But, hey 15 min is more than the 5 I could barely do two months ago so I take it as a WIN. It was hard, but so worth it. I felt great when I got off!

Silverfire
02-27-2013, 11:17 AM
:lol: I hear that. The first time on the thing I just about died after a minute! I look forward to being able to go for much much longer

mnemosyne
02-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Okay, so, uhm. This is a TMI NSV.

I have been fat all my life and am in my late 30s. I have never had a regular cycle. NEVER. I have NEVER been able to predict when I would start my cycle.

I can now.

Four months in a row, now. Just like clockwork.

Kat117
02-27-2013, 12:27 PM
I am wearing a skirt for the first time in 8 years. And boots! Oh...and a fitted shirt...

I feel naked!!!!!!!!

FickleHearts
02-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Congrats to you both!!!

I'm hoping when May comes around I can go summer dress shopping!

allieballiebee
02-27-2013, 01:33 PM
I went to the doctor this week, and the nurse didn't automatically reach for the "large adult" blood pressure cuff!

Side (scale-related) note: They didn't have to move the "big" weight on the doctor's scale up to 200 for me! It got to stay at 150! That hasn't happened in at least 10 years.

Lishar
02-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Side (scale-related) note: They didn't have to move the "big" weight on the doctor's scale up to 200 for me! It got to stay at 150! That hasn't happened in at least 10 years.

Oh oh oh I want to have the 150 only too. :-)

After years of being frumpy I am taking pride in my apperance. I am trying new eye makeup techniques to make my eyes less tired looking. I am trying new hairstyles because I want to look nice. For year I just did not care. So that is a victory right?

PreciousMissy
02-27-2013, 07:17 PM
I recognized emotional eating when it was triggered and instead of buying and eating a dozen cookies I had just 1 truffle.

ASaladandaDream
02-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Went grocery shopping and bought no Famous Amos cookies (I was eyeing them as they are my favorite!) plus no pop (soda lol)! Only picked up my new fav healthy snacks Woohoo!

Lishar
02-28-2013, 12:17 PM
I fit into my size 16 pants. My size 18 jeans had been tight a few weeks ago. When I put them on last night I had to pull them up a few times. So I tried my 16 and they fit. A bit tight in the waist but they fit. So I have a new pair of pants to wear. Woohoo.

SarahFairhope
02-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Super frustrating day, in a rough no "me time" week.
No planned meals.

:bomb:

Last straw, dense husband.

:club:

:tantrum:

:chin: 0000000000 :idea: 000000000 :hungry:

Pick up pizza delivery menu.

:D :jeno: :D

Picked up phone.

:chin: 000000000 :nono:

Put phone down.

:snooty:

Wrote a list of while I was mad. Sliced up some cucumber "chips" and filled water bottle.

:woohoo:

Proud.

Katydid77
02-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Today I feel crazy bloated and my boobs feel huge/swollen, like PMS.

I went to put on my work clothes dreading it b/c when you are swollen they are always soooo uncomfortable.

Well, my pants and shirt are still LOOSE now, even when I am swollen!! Made me so happy!

I am still in the same size and haven't dropped a full size yet, BUT, I've lost enough to where even feeling fat and miserable, my clothes are still loose.

I love that!

Elladorine
02-28-2013, 03:53 PM
My favorite purse ripped under the strap and I was ready to cry. I don't normally get so attached to such things, but it's one of the very first "nice" things I bought when I really started to feel better about myself a few months back. And I don't normally spend so much on such things either but it was on sale ($40 marked down from $70), it was gorgeous, *and* doubled as a case for my iPad.

Well ok, I know this doesn't sound anything like an NSV yet, but as I was sulking over it yesterday, I glared at the purse my aunt gave me a few months back, one I graciously accepted but wondered if I'd ever get any use out of it. Why? It has a short strap. Why oh why have short straps been so popular lately? I've always had to use the longer crossbodies because I could never keep the damned short ones on my shoulder! I don't know if it's because the top of my shoulder is so round from my excess weight, or if it's because my side sticks out too much and pulls it off. Or maybe it's a combination of both? Either way it's been both annoying and depressing. But I really had no choice but to transfer everything over.

And OMG. It actually stays on my shoulder. :dizzy:

Garnet2727
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Since I've lost so much weight, my wrists (now 7 inches) are small enough to wear a watch again. I had decided some time ago to buy myself a watch when I hit the 75-pound milestone.

Well, tonight I was looking online and I found a watch that I just fell in love with. I showed it to my husband who bought it for me tonight! Why? Because he says I deserve for how hard I've worked and how far I've already come and an arbitrary number doesn't matter. So he ordered it for me.

My eyes leaked a little.

Here's the watch:

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/L12813864.jpg

elvislover324
03-02-2013, 08:06 PM
I fit into my size 16 pants. My size 18 jeans had been tight a few weeks ago. When I put them on last night I had to pull them up a few times. So I tried my 16 and they fit. A bit tight in the waist but they fit. So I have a new pair of pants to wear. Woohoo.

I wore 16s today too, omg, the best day ever! I only tried them on to see how much more I had to go before they'd button. I wore them with a tank top and zip-up sweatshirt so it covered everything well. I couldn't believe it, I wanted to wear them all day and night, even to bed lol!!!

ichoose2believe
03-02-2013, 11:31 PM
The shorts I bought 8 years ago fit again. The skirt that I bought about 6 months ago that was way too tight is actually comfortable enough now that I feel like I could wear it in public.

zoesmom
03-04-2013, 01:01 PM
My daughter bought me a necklace for my birthday. It is on an 18 inch chain. I cringed when I saw that...18 inches on me equals a choker. I was terrified it wouldn't fit and she wanted me to wear it right then and there. I KNOW for a fact that two months ago, 18 inch chains did not fit. I broke one on January 18th as a matter of fact. So...I put it on hoping against hope and...IT FIT! In fact, I have slack even! A good inch or more of slack!!! I haven't been able to wear an 18 inch chain in 10 years!!!! NSV for me! WOOT! :woohoo:

allieballiebee
03-04-2013, 02:18 PM
These are all so great! I love reading this thread.

I did a happy dance today. I finally dug out my tape measure and quickly measured my waist this morning -- it was 38", two inches smaller since the last time I measured it a little over a month ago! I haven't lost much on the scale since then, but I've been working out very regularly.

Having a waist under 40" is a big deal for me! I'm very apple-shaped (although I actually have a defined waist now) and my middle has always been disproportionately large. At my heaviest, my waist was over 50".

elvislover324
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
My BMI dropped below 35 as of this morning so I am only "Obese I" instead of "Obese II". Overweight, here I come!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-04-2013, 11:34 PM
I skipped the chippies; and ate a lovely homemade fruit salad instead ... :carrot:

Lishar
03-04-2013, 11:44 PM
I bought a pair of Dansko clogs a few years ago. They have always been a bit tight on the top of my feet. I kept meaning to get them stretched. (they are expensive). Now that I have lost this weight they fit better now. I guess I should not be suprised that my feet were fat too. :o Now I have new shoes because my other leather shoes are getting too big.

KimL1214
03-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Tried on a dress tonight that I bought two years ago (has been WAY TOO small) with the plan to wear it when chaperoning prom last year... I get to wear it this year because it fits!!!

Silverfire
03-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Watch strap is one notch tighter and my ring ALMOST goes on the finger it is supposed to! Sooo close.

the shiv
03-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I ordered the 30 Day Shred last night... Then I picked up a shirt I couldn't get one arm into, and determined that by the time I'd done the full program (even if it takes longer than 30 days) I would get INTO the shirt. As I've been at a plateau for the past month, I figured the shirt still wouldn't fit (I could get my arm about halfway up the sleeve).

I tried to do this, and... I (just) got my arm right into the sleeve! Then the other one! Then I did it up! Apart from 2 buttons at the bottom I can't do up. So, apparently, I'm smaller! Those weights I did a few weeks ago must be showing some benefits now, and it's convinced me that the scale will drop eventually, but something IS changing while the scale is stuck!

So my new goal is that that shirt will FIT when I'm done :D

mnemosyne
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
I was getting some things out of the trunk of my car and shifting bags around when one of my rings flew off my index finger and rolled under the car. I just bought this one in December since my old index-finger rings were too big. I had to move the car back into the street to find the ring. :D

Kat117
03-05-2013, 11:36 AM
I realized the other day I was sitting with my legs crossed and it was comfortable.

I just cleaned 10 full to the brim shopping bags of clothes out of my closet because they are all too big!

Biggest one of all... I tried on my mid-way incentive dress.... one I bought and could never fit into ... and it fit!!! and not only did it fit, It looked fantastic!!!

Radiojane
03-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Awesome NSV's everyone! Elvislover, I can't wait to get under 40 for bmi and not be "super morbid" or whatever my doctor called it last time. Kat, I can sometimes in some positions cross my legs, it's something I've never been able to do before and I get so excited!

My nsv for the week is I did my regular swim yesterday then had to run up and down the mall and shovel all day (there was a blizzard, I was the only one of the center staff that could get in and open), and I do not feel like I'm going to die today. I slept like a baby last night, but nothing hurts!!! Yay!!!

Lishar
03-05-2013, 12:24 PM
So many wonderful NSV ladies. I want a like button for everyone.

lunarsongbird
03-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I agree! I LOVE reading everyone's NSVs. SOOOO inspiring!!
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-thumb-t-8762-50-d36ZPC8Swu98s1bFP2J7q01mBVCBPFtr.jpeg

I have a bathing suit like this without the straps: (Now please, please, PLEASE can I have this body? :lol:)
http://productshots2.modcloth.com/productshots/0100/6221/4742a4b9cee66d797f63d2e13e214981.jpg
and the sheath like part is now coming all the way down like a dress. Time for a new bathing suit, I think.

the shiv
03-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Lunarsongbird, that is lovely! Very 50s, you need a huge pair of shades with that! Congrats on the NSV, pin-up girl! :)

ImImportant
03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Yesterday my co-worker (I'm actually her supervisor) relayed information about a meeting and misrepresented the concerns that we discussed in the 1 hour drive back from the meeting. She spoke to another co-worker and made it seem that my decision making process is a little off - to put it kindly. I was not happy about it but I didn't say anything.

I went home and I wanted to take the anger out on some really high calorie crunchy foods. I went to the store and looked at all of my comfort foods. Then I talked myself into not buying the large bags but only the small size so that I could minimize the damage. Then I chose a lower calorie option so that I could do even less damage.

I still purchased two items but I was sure to weigh them - only eating a serving size- and put it toward my calorie count. I even cut one of the items in half when I saw that even though the serving size said 1 of the item- that one exceeded the 35g in a serving. So, I was in a controlled spin.

This morning I spoke to my co-worker and addressed the issue head on. I made her understand that while a value her contributions in the workplace I felt that her behavior was unacceptable and disingenuous. She cried and apologized. I didn't let the tears get to me because I felt that her behavior was calculated as were the tears. She was more shocked and upset that I called her out on it and not because she was truly sorry. I reinforced my stance and we left it in a good place. We now understand each other and I didn't let her issues cause me to lose track of my goals.

This is an NSV because I have realized that I eat my frustration rather than facing it head on.

Angihas2
03-06-2013, 02:32 PM
I recommitted on January 6, 2013. It's now 2 months later, I'm down 20 pounds, but I'm also down, 20 inches overall. That, to me is AMAZING!!! And it gives me more motivation to keep going.

elvislover324
03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
All of you ladies are awesome!!! So happy to read all of these NSVs!!

Angihas2
03-06-2013, 03:19 PM
I agree! I LOVE reading everyone's NSVs. SOOOO inspiring!!
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-thumb-t-8762-50-d36ZPC8Swu98s1bFP2J7q01mBVCBPFtr.jpeg

I have a bathing suit like this without the straps: (Now please, please, PLEASE can I have this body? :lol:)
http://productshots2.modcloth.com/productshots/0100/6221/4742a4b9cee66d797f63d2e13e214981.jpg
and the sheath like part is now coming all the way down like a dress. Time for a new bathing suit, I think.

I love this suit!! Especially with a big floppy hat and oversized shades. Where did you get it? I'm about to go scope pinupgirlclothing.com and starletsandharlets.com, see if they have their suits out yet!

lunarsongbird
03-06-2013, 03:24 PM
I got it last year at Target.

Can you believe I'm now on the last clasps of my bra?! Is this really happening?! Nor can I remember to clasp it that way. I will put it on- often get to work and am insanely uncomfy...and have to go to the bathroom to readjust.

Tenoreo90
03-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I fit back into my size 10's which I haven't worn since pre-pregnancy! I'm happy, but they are from Banana Republic which are infamously guilty of 'vanity sizing' but hey, either way, these pants were beyond too small last year!

allieballiebee
03-06-2013, 03:40 PM
My husband posted a photo of our daughter on facebook and one of my best friends said that she noted an "average sized headless woman" in the background and only realized it was me because of my wedding rings and diaper bag.

Yay! Someone thinks I'm average sized! :)

FickleHearts
03-06-2013, 04:26 PM
My coat, a company gift for xmas in 2011, has always been snug but it's the only thing they've ever gave me that I both wear and use.

Today.....

I can zip it up and THERE IS LOTS OF EXTRA ROOM! Even with a sweater on!
:broc::broc::broc::broc:

That really makes me feel better considering I haven't lost a lb in two weeks.

And to top that.... A friend of the family saw me in CVS and had to do a double take, saying I look as if I'm wasting away. She was being sincere too. I told her, that was partly my intention LOL. I know I'm not really, but it made me feel nice knowing it's starting to be noticeable.

Thinforme
03-06-2013, 10:10 PM
I fit into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in like five years :-D I had to lie down to zip them but they zipped!

zoesmom
03-07-2013, 08:34 AM
I realized last night that my weight and my daughter's weight combined is less than what my start weight was...and also that I can now snuggle her in her bed, on the top bunk, without fear of the thing collapsing in on us as our combined weight is now within the range deemed acceptible. :)

mnemosyne
03-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm wearing tights 1 size smaller. They fit fine!

Also: am wearing the dress I bought on clearance 1 month ago. It was a bit too tight to wear to work then. Today: perfect fit!

Radiojane
03-07-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm not only 115 pounds lighter than I was in August, I'm 60 pounds lighter than I was in 2006!!!!

Let me explain:

I'm walking on air right now because on a whim, I tried retrieving my login info from the weight watchers account I had in college. I wanted to do this because I had no idea what I weighed prior to about August. I hadn't gone near a scale since probably '07, But when I was in college, my aunt signed me up for WW (at which I crashed and burned), and of course I input all my stats. My logs were all gone, but my community profile was still there, with my starting and current weights. I was 382!!!!!

SOOOOOOO Nice to have proof that I've done more than just lose what I packed on in the last 2 years I've been down on myself because I still had so far to go and I must have been way smaller than this when I moved home, but I wasn't! And it's sort of a relief to know that the 100 pounds I thought I'd gained since 2008 was in reality only about 50 or so!

I am smaller than I was at 22. HECK YES!!!!

PreciousMissy
03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
It's great reading all of these!

Today my NSV was pushing the leftover pizza aside to reach my hummus and not even realizing I was doing it! In the past I would have said "oh! pizza!"

Silverfire
03-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I hit my 20 lb mini goal and rewarded myself with some new workout gear. That meant shopping :D. I bought 3 shirts and a pair of jeans in a size smaller! Jeans are a size 18, they are a tad tight, but if things keep going the way they are they will fit in no time :D Bought new shoes too http://www.newbalancestore.ca/upfile/20121016/WX997BB-NEW-BALANCE-997-Black-with-Blue15854.jpg

Going with a friend to sign up for the gym right now!!

the shiv
03-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I was short on clothes yesterday, and the only top I could find was one that would creep up to around my waist when I was bigger. I walked around in it all day and it stayed quite happily where it was! :D

smashlers
03-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Like a few of you wrote, I too bought a pair of jeans a size too small and I GOT THEM BUTTONED AND ZIPPED. I wouldn't dare go out in public in them just yet (can you say muffin top), but I got them over this big old booty. Size 18.

charliee
03-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Sweets kicks Silverfire! Woot Shiv & Smaslers! Here's to old clothes that feel new again.

Elladorine
03-10-2013, 03:22 AM
I've had slight gains in the past two weeks. I've been trying so hard not to let it get to me since I know I'm still doing well food and exercise-wise.

I went to jog my quarter mile tonight and my pants would not stay up. :lol: I somehow got through it without stopping since I was pulling them back up every few seconds (thank goodness it was dark). These pants are (were?) one of only two pairs I own that are tight enough to stay up for a jog. I must have lost a little bit off my waist this past week. :D

Kat117
03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I bought clothes in a regular store!!!!!!!!!

I went to Old Navy and got a few of those tank dresses to wear with sweaters, figuring they will see me through at least a good 40 pounds and I fit into the extra large. Yup that's right... a normal xl. I couldn't believe it!

Keep Moving Forward
03-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I can comfortably wear a pair of skinny jeans that I haven't been able to wear in over a year. And my butt looks nice in them because of all my working out!

allieballiebee
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
I weigh seven pounds LESS than what my drivers license says -- for the first time in probably 13 years! Sort of scale-related, but really more of a pleasant realization. :)

mnemosyne
03-11-2013, 03:50 PM
I've had a pair of knee-high black leather boots in a box under the bed in my spare bedroom for years. They are large-calf but were never large-calf enough for my calves. Not after my first 40 lbs off, not after the next 30 lbs. And so on. The last time I tried them on was January, and once more: they would not zip up. TMI: my calves have a ring of fat at the top that the boots just could not accommodate.

Friday night, procrastinating (I needed to work out), I decided to let myself try them on again.

They zipped right up.

traci in training
03-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Put my "want to wear these to Florida" short term goal pants on this morning and they fit! I know the last time they fit I was 200 or less so this running thing has some serious impact that isn't always visible on the scale. Size fourteen, baby! Headed to the store room to dig out my favorite denim skirt. New goal: get into this skirt for our anniversary date in June. I think it's a ten. :)

Patrizia
03-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Reading these is so motivating! This week I got into my size 18 jeans (I bought them a size too small at Christmas when they were on sale, hoping to grow into them) - can't remember the last time I was in a size that didn't start with 2-. I also managed NOT to eat everything in the house earlier today when I found out I got rejected by my top choice grad school program - my first instinct was to eat everything in sight, but instead I put together a big salad and went back to my day without killing my progress!

Kat117
03-13-2013, 10:57 AM
saw a business associate for lunch that I haven't seen since October. She didn't recognize me at the restaurant! Walked right up to her and could see the look of confusion on her face for a good minute or so.

That reinforced that yes, I am looking different now.

rodeogirl
03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
My NSV is feeling so much more alive and practically running down the stairs this morning instead of hobbling like an elephant.

Radiojane
03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
There are 20 things left in my closet. 4 of which are too small, 3 that are from my biggest to use as comparison, and 3 are dresses I want to hold on to. So that leaves me with ten wearable things. Only two of which are pants. I have two giant bags for goodwill, and another bag of my best stuff for a friend.

I also hucked about 20 pairs of panties. No turning back now!

allieballiebee
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
There are 20 things left in my closet. 4 of which are too small, 3 that are from my biggest to use as comparison, and 3 are dresses I want to hold on to. So that leaves me with ten wearable things. Only two of which are pants. I have two giant bags for goodwill, and another bag of my best stuff for a friend.

I also hucked about 20 pairs of panties. No turning back now!

I just dropped off two bags of clothes to Goodwill yesterday! Isn't it an amazing feeling? Of course, like you, I'm now left with practically nothing to wear.

elvislover324
03-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Wearing all clothes in a size XL today; skirt, sweater, tank top and tights. No plus size, no extended sizes. "Plain" XL. So happy I could cry.

rodeogirl
03-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Wearing all clothes in a size XL today; skirt, sweater, tank top and tights. No plus size, no extended sizes. "Plain" XL. So happy I could cry.

So happy for you Elvislover!

elvislover324
03-13-2013, 02:24 PM
So happy for you Elvislover!

Thank you!! I couldn't do this without every single one of you. I thank my lucky stars every day that I found you all. :hug:

KerriLeah
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm feeling low! I've been working and working on dieting and walking and no scale changes. ARghhh! So, I'm finding an NSV anyway... I walked over a mile last night, at 2.5MPH uphill on my treadmill! I was huffing, but made it and felt it deep in my thighs. Ready to see some numbers move, though. Come on!

rodeogirl
03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Hang in there Kerri! Adding exercise often makes our muscles hold on to water. Drink lots more water and I bet you'll get a whoosh here pretty quick.

Dragonfly
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
This may be TMI for some, but for the first time in a gajillion years, I didn't have to do acrobatics to do some personal landscaping. I sucked in my gut and looked down and could SEE it!

I am with the hoards of other talking about how awesome it is to fit into the chairs at the theatre.

My H2B can rub my back without getting hung up on the folds! This one is HUGE!

All of these are very inspirational! I loves them! Keep it up ladies! And gents!

AlmostMe
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
I wore a pair of goggles I haven't worn for a while and I had to tighten them! A lot.

Kinda an NSV. I bought a gorgeous dress on sale after Christmas and while it fit it didn't look great over my paunch. Tried it on again the other day and it was a very nice fit indeed over that bit and a little loose around the waist.

Unfortunately my arms and shoulders have gotten bigger - so it was a bit tight up there. I don't mind the shoulders too much, but my arms are the bit of my body is the most disproportionately fat. I had really hoped that I'd lose enough fat from my arms to compensate for the increased muscle. Guess not :(

TheLauren
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
My victory today is that I went back on plan today, after having two weeks of half hearted attempts!

I got on the scale this morning, and was thrilled to see I hadn't gained any weight. Phew.

onagain1
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Wore a pair of pants yesterday that I haven't been able to fit into since last year! Happy dance! :carrot:

the shiv
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
In my excitement at breaking a 6 week plateau today, I went rifling through boxes of clothes. I could never bring myself to buy any larger than size 18 trousers, and dug out a pair of black tailored trousers and a pair of jeans in size 18 that I'd cried over when they got delivered because I couldn't even get them up my legs. The black trousers fit! And are bordering on LOOSE so I'm going to wear them every day, lol! The jeans fit, but as they're super low rise, they'll be in the cupboard for a few weeks. Another 28 days of 30DS should solve that problem though!!!

Trousers are a huge deal for me, I hate shopping for them so much that I've been wearing 1 pair of combats & 2 pairs of sweats for over a year. What has happened to me?! Those black tailored ones will look awesome with the nude patent KG platforms I found on sale that I haven't worn yet... Here's hoping I feel light enough on my feet soon to wear them without breaking my legs!! :D

dangerouscurvesahead
03-14-2013, 07:42 PM
I got a full work-out in today! Thru no ones fault buy my own ive been slacking in my work outs so im glad ive gotten 1 in this week!

elvislover324
03-14-2013, 07:46 PM
I was looking at a display today at the mall and I thought the aisle was too narrow for the man walking towards me (I winced inside that he was going to have to change his course because of me and I had nowhere to go). He walked by me like I wasn't even there (in a good way with no hesitation), there must have been enough room!! The things we take for granted in life...

zoesmom
03-14-2013, 10:01 PM
NSV for me....Downsizing from a size 11 shoe to a size 9.5 :D

ichoose2believe
03-15-2013, 10:44 AM
I took a scale and calorie counting holiday this week and lost 3.8lbs!!

rodeogirl
03-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Taking the stairs more and more often and the elevator less and less often at work.