Weight Loss Support - Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in these photos?

blancheneige
11-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Beginning of October I weighed 180. My goal for the end of October was low 170s. Instead by the end of October my weight shot up to the mid 180s and now in the beginning of November I am still 180! I started going back to the gym again after not going for about 6 weeks. I used to do only low intensity cardio before (was able to text while exercising). Now I do weight training 3x per week, high intensity cardio 3x per week and I do some type of low/moderate cardio every single day. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks. I feel different, but the scale is driving me nuts.

This pic is from beginning of October... please excuse the nakedness (wearing only underwear)
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/zaichik1/october1.png

This one is from a few days ago, beginning of November
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/zaichik1/november1.png

I weigh exactly the same in both pictures! :?:

gatorgirl6
11-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Both links say that the photo has been removed. FYI

blancheneige
11-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Ok. I guess imageshack thought my photos were indecent lol. Hopefully they work now.

LeilaJey
11-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah I can totally see a difference - especially in your hips!

Remember that the scale just shows weight, it doesn't tell you what that weight is (poop, food, water, fat, muscle) so if you're eating at a deficit and weight training you are burning fat. Never mind the scale!

bargoo
11-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I can see a difference. You are exercising but are you dieting ? To lose weight you need to reduce calories.

thinkfit
11-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I agree with LeilaJay, my eyes were immediately drawn to the difference in your hips even before I read her comment, so there's definitely a change there! Don't be discouraged by the scale, you're obviously heading in the right direction.

Misti in Seattle
11-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I immediately saw a difference through your waist and stomach.

Isn't the scale frustrating? :)

Spiritix
11-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I, too, see a difference. :D
Just keep at it and the weight loss will catch up with you!

toastedsmoke
11-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I agree with LeilaJay. I see difference in the hips definitely! Don't get frustrated. Stick with it. You'll make it!

You look great and don't seem like you have that much to lose so actual loss in numbers on the scale might not be as fast as if you had loads of weight to lose. This also means you might have a little less wiggle room with diet and need to be mindful of that if you want to see scale losses.

11-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Yep, your hips and mid-section definitely look smaller and more defined.

Well done :D

Radiojane
11-03-2012, 07:02 PM
You're not as big as me, so this might not work, but try standing in front of a door or picture etc, when you take your pictures. It makes it easier to chart overall shrink.

You're definitely smaller through the hips!

Fatness
11-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Your belly fat is going away in the 2nd photo.. The cellulite is getting less visible on the thighs and belly. Keep up the good work! I see a lot of changes in the 2nd photo.. That is just some.

masterptr
11-03-2012, 07:48 PM
yeap...
November looks tighter.. tummy and upper legs too!

free1
11-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Definitely see a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan33
11-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I definitely see a difference! In your hips and thighs! Woot woot!!!

TheMrsJacobs
11-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Absolutely! Very obvious difference in your hips and thighs and I even see your tummy has tightened up more too. Way to go!

dstalksalot
11-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Yes, I can totally see a difference in your midsection.

What is your height? I look similar at 169 to your starting photo but with slightly more belly fat or skin ( I've had 2 babies). I expected to look closer to your shape at this weight but I need to work on my weight training and fat loss. It really is NOT all about the scale. Keep it up!

LockItUp
11-03-2012, 10:06 PM
It's most noticeable in your hips.

Aren't you glad you took pictures!? The scale never tells the whole story! Keep up the good work!

valalltogether
11-03-2012, 10:15 PM
most definitly..smaller in the midsection, hips and legs. looking good!

blancheneige
11-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks everyone. Sometimes it's hard to tell if there is any real weight loss or not. Just find it weird how I weigh exactly the same. My diet is the same as before... definite deficit everyday. I admit I can get dizzy sometimes when I work out, because I know I'm not giving my body enough energy to complete the tasks I'm making it do. I may try calorie/carb cycling later, but I'm afraid to eat more.

Yes, I can totally see a difference in your midsection.

What is your height? I look similar at 169 to your starting photo but with slightly more belly fat or skin ( I've had 2 babies). I expected to look closer to your shape at this weight but I need to work on my weight training and fat loss. It really is NOT all about the scale. Keep it up!

My height is 5'5 :)

Arctic Mama
11-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Big difference, you look much trimmer and less bottom heavy in the second shot. Good job, sweetie!

Moving Forward
11-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I can definitely see it! Your hips, your tummy, your face. Keep it up!

dstalksalot
11-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Calorie cycling is awesome BTW

Dreamer2012
11-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Like the other people who replied, I can see a difference in your hips and waist. Keep on going, you're doing great! :)

rosemarie0007
11-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I definitely see a difference! You look trimmer in the stomach and hips.I'm a little taller than you, but very close to your weight. Its absolutely maddening when you look better, but the scale does not move..

I'm interested because you say you are at a deficit every day, how many calories are you on? I finally said that's it, and am trying to shoot for 1250, but I get dizzy, tired and weak.
So I'm going for 1500. I do a cardio workout maybe 3 times a week. I have found that when I work out hard and long, all I get is sore, and the scale goes up. I seem to lose on less intense exercise, and watching what I eat more.

IsabellaOlivia
11-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Your hips look smaller. Your legs look more toned.

I can see a difference.

AilsaPearl
11-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Wow, I can tell a big difference in your hips! Honestly for me the biggest way to motivate is just keep plugging along. I may look in the mirror and not see a difference yet at that moment, but if you just ignore it, put your workout clothes on, eat well and just stay on plan then in a matter of weeks you will really notice the difference. The time is going to pass anyway, the difference for me is either getting upset that I haven't made progress or shrugging my shoulders saying oh well and keep going.

Progress will come! Just stick to it :)

Congrats!

novangel
11-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Yes, definite loss in your hips and general mid-section. :)

katkitten
11-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I think there is a major difference in your stomach and hips! You have definitely firmed up some areas. Great work!

Ash2007
11-07-2012, 04:50 PM
There is totally a noticeable difference! I am the same way..the scale does not want to move but all of my clothes are becoming way too big. Keep up the great work!

Be careful about not eating enough calories.. I did that and I totally ended up passing out randomly.. in front of my husbands side of the family.. totally embarrassing! How many calories are you getting in a day? Sorry I do not want to be the calorie police or anything.. just a little concerned that you said that you know you are not getting in enough... it can be pretty dangerous and I know that from experience! :) I also started losing a bunch of weight when I up'ed my calories.. I guess my body was holding on to the fat since I was not getting enough...

amless326
11-07-2012, 07:08 PM
I can see it too! Hips and tummy area.. you just look more toned. Have you taken measurements?