Old 11-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #1  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Talking Two weeks on WW :)

I'm horrible at commitment. Like I can never stay on a diet more than a day, then it's six months off. So it's huge for me that I've stayed counting points for 14 days in a row I think it's finally clicked for me that overeating is never going to make me happy - it's just going to make me sick and miserable and embarrassed the rest of my life. I can't constantly live in fear of breaking something, not fitting into seats, not wanting to leave the house because I have nothing to wear, etc. I just want to buy clothes off the rack at normal people stores and not live in fear of getting weighed at the doctor

I use the Ultimate Food Value Diary Plus app on my iPhone and I think it really helps me since my phone is on me almost all day. I'm sure a lot of you use it and can atest to how wonderful it is. It makes it easy and then on Sundays I try to grocery shop and plan. My husband has even lost a little weight just passively because I am dieting and we aren't going out to eat or splurging anymore. One more reason to hate men, he can lose weight simply because I go on a diet So far I have lost a little over 8 lbs and just started exercising 30-45 mins every day this last week.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #2  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Way to go Courtney, you are off to a great start!

Thanks for the tip on that app, I will have to look it up.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Most excellent!
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/255/165

Height: 5'4

Great job! I felt the same way when I made it to two weeks on WW. I usually quit a diet after a few days. I'm around the 6 week mark. Keep it up and don't give up, we can do this!
Felicia86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #5  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

As long as you're willing to do the math, it is a nice diet to follow. I've been fairing a lot better knowing I can incorporate it into my daily life better than other diets. When I was on nutrisystem or low carbing it, I would just feel really deprived of "regular" foods. I didn't feel like I could easily go out with family, eat dinner with my husband, etc. I would get frustrated and fall off.

Now when we go out I just half my meal and eat the rest the next day for lunch! Moderation allows me to eat my favorite things, even cashew chicken. YUM.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #6  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

I love WW because you don't really need to feel deprived... you can slip in a chocolate bar or some ice cream here and there when your Points allow.

Good job on making it 2 weeks! I am on my first week of my third round of WW. I know the first 2-3 weeks are always the hardest. Last time I made it through 5 months though and I lost 30lbs. Hopefully this time no big life changes get in the way and knock me off.

I have an Android phone so I use WW Diary. It works well for me!
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Phae, your avatar is awesome! Over the weekend I completed my 5th 5K wearing TARDIS knee high socks!

And JollyGreenSteen19, the first few weeks really are some of the hardest so good for you for sticking with it! I've been on WW almost two years now and it's amazing how fast the time has gone now that I'm able to look back and see how far I've come.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #8  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
Phae, your avatar is awesome! Over the weekend I completed my 5th 5K wearing TARDIS knee high socks!
That is amazing! I'm a bit of a Who nerd, especially now I live in the UK. I just got a TARDIS pencil case to hold all my assorted wares when I go to work (supply teaching).
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

JollyGreenSteen19, Hello from an Iowa State Alum! (2001)

One of the things I loved about WW was that it isn't an all or nothing deal... as in, if I fell off the wagon that day, and I was honest about what I ate, I could still balance it out the rest of the week and still end up ok. I've been trying to get back into it, but it's hard for me, without meetings.

I started a C25k program about 4 years ago (between having my two babies). It's a great program. I had to repeat a couple of weeks in there, but keep at it!

CONGRATS on making it through 2 weeks!
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

Phae, I love your "walking to Mordor" idea! I am so doing the same thing except mine will have to be "walking to Hogwarts" I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate my love for HP into my weight loss journey outside of "rewards" for myself. Love it!

**sorry for the off topic post...
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote