Living Maintenance - Maintainers Moving in November

View Full Version : Maintainers Moving in November

saef
11-02-2012, 08:41 PM
This is the place to record your exercise and daily movement in the month of November.

Particularly including your participation in your local Turkey Trot -- a fine tradition that can partly take the place of the former pleasure of eating oneself comatose.

https://www.kiwanisone.org/Files/Clubs/Ohio/1001/Photos/turkeytrot_logo.jpg

saef
11-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Still trying to resume my footing in the wake of Hurricane Sandy and moving back into my apartment.

Thursday, Nov. 1: 60 minutes elliptical, resistance at nine, alternating forward & backward

Friday, Nov. 2: Nothing, though I put on my gym clothes, because my mother got up right away and we continued unpacking, rolling out carpets and moving furniture, setting up a poster bed with a fishnet canopy, hanging paintings, etc. Then, after I saw my mother off, I waited for the furniture restorer to come & put two pieces together and touch up some slight damage that occurred. He never showed, not till a half-hour before the gym closed. Then I had to wait till they brought my two airconditioners and my Aeron chair, which had gotten mixed with a neighbor's belongings.

Okay, so please now ... let me re-set ... and restart the month. Give me a do-over for the first two days of November with my usual routine on Saturdays at the gym.

WardHog
11-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Do-over granted. :-)

Nov. 1: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), spin class
Nov. 2: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), 1 hour tennis drills, 1 hour tennis match (which we lost pitifully, embarassingly ... at least I was out in the sunshine and exercising, right?)

traveling michele
11-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Do over granted Saef. I hope you get back to normalcy soon.

November 1: 90 minutes bikram yoga

November 2: 90 minutes bikram yoga

I'm realizing that I won't reach my year's goal of workouts. I guess I'll just get in as many as possible and not be too hard on myself!

Totals:
2 days
180 minutes

saef
11-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Saturday, Nov. 3rd:

Still not quite back to normal. I forgot to call on Friday morning to reserve a bike for spin class on Saturday. Since I moved back in August, it hasn't been a problem since classes haven't been full. But suddenly, the class did fill.

So ...

60 minutes Stairmaster step mill, resistance at eight, aerobic intervals
60 minutes Pilates mat class, also quite full, but I found a space for my mat

I can't believe how busy the gym was. Either people are seeking diversion and warm public spaces because their power is out at home and has been out since Monday or Tuesday, or else they've felt cooped up since the hurricane and are seeking fellowship. Or maybe a bit of both. Also, a lot of favorite running routes are messy with fallen trees and leaves.

WardHog
11-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Nov. 3: 40 min dog walk (2.25mi), spin class, 15 min elliptical, + walk home from gym (DH dropped me off) (0.7 mi, ~12 min)

saef
11-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Sunday, Nov. 4th:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight
60 minutes shoulders, biceps and triceps routine
45 minute spin class

When I headed for the gym just before 7 AM, the line for gas already stretched four blocks and the BP station had not yet opened.

When I left the gym just before 10 AM, the line was, if anything, even longer.

traveling michele
11-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Do over granted Saef. I hope you get back to normalcy soon.

November 1: 90 minutes bikram yoga

November 2: 90 minutes bikram yoga

I'm realizing that I won't reach my year's goal of workouts. I guess I'll just get in as many as possible and not be too hard on myself!

Totals:
2 days
180 minutes

November 3: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
3 days
270 minutes

WardHog
11-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Nov. 4: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), power class

traveling michele
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
November 3: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
3 days
270 minutes

November 4: 60 minutes Zumba and later in the day 90 minutes Bikram Yoga (with dh)

Totals:
4 days
420 minutes

saef
11-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Monday, Nov. 5th:

45 minute spin class with two intervals with weights
60 minute circuit training class

Feeling squeezed today with errands but I managed to get in these two gym visits as usual on Monday.

traveling michele
11-06-2012, 12:00 AM
November 4: 60 minutes Zumba and later in the day 90 minutes Bikram Yoga (with dh)

Totals:
4 days
420 minutes

November 5: 60 minutes Body Pump class

Totals:
5 days
480 minutes

WardHog
11-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Nov. 5: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), 1950 yd swim, ~50 min

saef
11-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Tuesday, Nov. 6th:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic, resistance at eight
60 minutes shoulders, chest and triceps routine
60 minute spin class with one interval with weights

ICUwishing
11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Nov 5: 25 min in the pool. What works: backstroke, breaststroke, flutter and dolphin kick, lungs. What doesn't: front crawl - left shoulder is very "clunky" over the water. I need to review my literature on stabilization exercises.

saef
11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Becky, you swam!!!!!!

And without a contractor walking alongside the pool receiving instructions from you.

WardHog
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Nov. 6: 40 min dog walk, 2.25mi, spin class, 10 min elliptical. Morning dog walk was rained out.

ICUwishing
11-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Saef, :lol3: thanks!

saef
11-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Wednesday, Nov. 7th:

45 minute spin class, with weight intervals. Having no TV at home, since a friend has my cable box, this is where I learned who'd won the election, by turning & asking someone just before class began & the music started.

traveling michele
11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
November 5: 60 minutes Body Pump class

Totals:
5 days
480 minutes

November 6: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
6 days
570 minutes

WardHog
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Nov. 7: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), power class

traveling michele
11-08-2012, 12:10 AM
For anyone who has ever taken a spin class-- my friend sent me this hilarious dialogue-- I'm sure some of it will get censored-- enjoy!!

Inner Monologue Of A Spin Class Student
Nov. 2, 2012

By Stephanie White info

Oh man, why is it so early? Better not look in the mirror. Yep that’s definitely a bad idea. It’s WAY too soon for that. Wait, what is that smell? (*looks down*) Wow, is that coming from my spin shoes? Must address this after class. (*creates new iPhone “note”*). Why is the woman next to me shouting at her friend? It’s 7 a.m. Why is she even making noise? Isn’t the first rule of spin class NO talking? Let’s kick her out. I guess class hasn’t officially begun. Damnit. Can we get this show on the road? Oh crap, there’s a sub today?! Alright, I’m leaving. No, NO. You’re already here. Stay put. This is only an hour of your life. Stop whining. (*takes a sip of black coffee*). Alright, which bike am I? Number 13? **** I totally forget. Why is this old man looking at me funny? Nothing to see here mister. Except for the red lycra-blend pants I’m wearing. I know they’re not very flattering, but at least they’re clean! Okay, he’s still staring. Avert your eyes buddy. Oh, is this your bike? My mistake. I’m leaving, I’m sorry! Don’t make that face. It’s just a spin bike. Not your actual bike, gosh! I guess this means I’m bike 31? Oh no, is bike 31 under the speakers? Perfect. Jesus, this teacher looks like a giant douche bag. I can see his nipples through his frat boy cut off tee. That doesn’t even look comfortable. But maybe he’ll play some Rihanna? That’d be sweet. Why won’t my red knobby thingy loosen up? Class starts in like 60 seconds and I reeeeeeeeally don’t want to ask this teacher to help me adjust my bike. But really though, whhhhhy won’t this knob buuuuuuudge. Oh wait, there it goes. Thank GOD. Okay first song is… an Akon remix? Strike one, my douchey friend, strike ONE. But there’s still time to redeem yourself. What was that? I’m sorry, I could have sworn you just said, “Crank your resistance up THREE whole turns to the right.” I’m sorry but I am not doing that. I physically CANNOT. We’re not even warmed up yet. This is absurd. I’m just going to carrrrrrefully fake these numerous cranks you’re demanding. One, one and two thirds…“three.” There ya go. Happy now? No one saw me fake that right? Maybe old man on bike 13 with the staring problem did. Whatevs. I’m really glad that Akon song is over. Is this Destiny’s Child?! SAY MY NAME. Throwbaaaaaack. I approve. Are we climbing a hill now? Bring it on. Let’s climb five hills in a row. I don’t even care. This song is everything. Hold on, why are you yelling at us? Intervals? And tap backs? You know what? I’m not coordinated enough for this. I’m going to politely opt out of whatever it is this instructor is currently doing with his arms. Baby push-ups on the bike handles? This feels very silly. And now he’s asking us to rotate our inner thighs toward the floor while we tuck our cores and release our shoulders from our ears? You want me to do WHAT with my pelvic floor muscles? No thanks! I’ve stopped listening. I can’t hear anything over the bass pounding above my head. Alright, I’m already soaking with sweat. Are we there yet? Three more songs?! This guy has lost his mind. Clearly. If he starts playing a One Republic song while shouting new agey BS over the mic, I’m definitely calling it a day. He better not… omg RIHANNA! This. Song. This. Song. How did I ever question this man? I LOVE YOU AND YOUR MUSICAL TASTE. Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond. Endorphins. So. Many. Endorphins. Icouldspinforever. Should I quit my job? Spin full time? This feels right. All of this just feels… wait, is the song over? ****. Wait, CLASS is over?! NOOOOO. I don’t want to go! We’re cooling down? I’m not leaving this bike. I refuse to leave! I love bikes and music and exercise and life! Am I safe to drive? I feel a little bit high right now. Deep breaths. Take some deep breaths. Oh thank God, we’re cooling down… to a Bonnie Raitt cover? Is this Adele? This song makes me feel emotionally unstable. Am I already sore? Wait, am I crying? I need to exit the building. I feel, I feel very vulnerable. Is the instructor leaving already?! Bye dude. I underestimated you. Wait, I wonder if he’ll burn me a copy of his playlist?! Oh look, there goes my pride! And that is my CUE.
Read more at http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/inner-monologue-of-a-spin-class-student/#BUVLX1uHi8vXXhQ2.99

traveling michele
11-08-2012, 12:11 AM
November 6: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
6 days
570 minutes

November 7: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
7 days
660 minutes

WardHog
11-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Love the spin class dialogue.

Nov. 8: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), spin class

saef
11-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Well, I take spin five times a week, so I've had most of those spin class feelings & thoughts, and agree she got it right ... but 1) I've never thought to myself or ever spoken the phrase: "Whatevs"; 2) I've never brought an iPhone or coffee to class, just water; 3) Reservations at the two gyms at which I've taken spin don't save any one individual bike; you just get a space in the class & pick out the bike once you get there. Also 4) my spin instructors refer to "tap backs" as squats and 5) my favorite Rihanna song is "Disturbia," and after that, "S&M." So that still leaves us pretty close together though, doesn't it?

Thursday, November 8th:

60 minutes elliptical, resistance at nine, random intervals, alternating backward & forward
60 minutes Pilates mat class

saef
11-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Friday, Nov. 9th:

20 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight (and I am thinking of upping it to nine)
60 minutes biceps and back routine
40 minutes back on Stairmaster

traveling michele
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
November 7: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
7 days
660 minutes

November 8: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
8 days
750 minutes

WardHog
11-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Nov. 8: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), 1 hour tennis drills, 1 hour match.

The match was really fun today. Everyone played well and it was super close. Oh, and we won. :)

saef
11-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Saturday, Nov. 10th:

60 minutes spin class with weight intervals

WardHog
11-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Nov. 10: 40 min dog walk (2.25mi), spin class, 18 min elliptical, ~ 1-1/2 hours raking leaves.

ICUwishing
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Nov 10: 1000 yards in the pool. No clunking, no pain. :woohoo:

saef
11-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Sunday, Nov. 11th:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic intervals, upped the resistance to nine, and felt it, too
45 minute spin class

[QUOTE=ICUwishing;4525079]No clunking, no pain./QUOTE]

YES! You are hitting that pool. I must inquire after the "clunking" though. Is that when you can feel your bones or tendons crunching when you move or otherwise not behaving like part of a well-oiled machine? Or do you mean when your whole being feels heavy and inert and it's a matter of will to keep moving?

traveling michele
11-11-2012, 02:43 PM
November 8: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
8 days
750 minutes

November 9: 90 minutes Bikram yoga

November 10: 60 minute walk with Dewey and his doxie group around a reservoir, 90 minute bikram yoga

November 11: 90 minutes Bikram yoga

Totals:
11 days
1080 minutes

WardHog
11-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Nov. 11: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), 55 min weight training

saef
11-11-2012, 10:04 PM
November 10: 60 minute walk with Dewey and his doxie group around a reservoir

I would have been absolutely delighted to come upon this group, if I were also on that walking path.

Once when I went out running a few years back, I happened to pass what I later learned was the Pug Parade.

Actually the park near me that runs alongside the Bronx River is an excellent place to see some fun-looking dogs and also some truly gorgeous purebreds. Just saw a pair of Afghans entering through the gateposts the other morning, one fawn-colored, one snowy white.

I can't believe the enormous variety of shapes & sizes of dogs that humans have bred. I mean, look at you with your Great Dane and your dachshund.

traveling michele
11-12-2012, 12:34 AM
I can't believe the enormous variety of shapes & sizes of dogs that humans have bred. I mean, look at you with your Great Dane and your dachshund.

Isn't that the truth! There is such a wide variety. One of these days I will bring Jozi with me to the doxie group. I'd love to see their reaction. I can't handle both dogs easily myself, so hopefully my dh is around for one of the outings.

saef
11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Monday, November 12th:

45 minute spin class with weight intervals

traveling michele
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
November 9: 90 minutes Bikram yoga

November 10: 60 minute walk with Dewey and his doxie group around a reservoir, 90 minute bikram yoga

November 11: 90 minutes Bikram yoga

Totals:
11 days
1080 minutes

November 12: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
12 days
1170 minutes

WardHog
11-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Nov. 12: 40 min dog walk (2.25mi), 65 min elliptical

Yesterday was so annoying. I got all ready and drove over to the pool, only to discover it was closed. Came home, changed clothes and went to the gym but missed all the morning classes. Then my evening dog walk was rained out. pppffftttt

saef
11-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Tuesday, Nov. 13th

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, resistance at nine, aerobic intervals
60 minutes shoulders, chest and triceps routine
60 minute spin class with weight interval

WardHog
11-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Nov. 13: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), spin class

saef
11-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Wednesday, Nov. 14th:

45 minute spin class, with weight intervals

traveling michele
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
November 12: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
12 days
1170 minutes

November 13: 60 minute UJam class

Totals:
13 days
1230 minutes

krampus
11-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Nov 5-12: I was on vacation. Lots of walking but no formal exercise.

Nov 13: 15 min HIIT on treadmill. 7 min on stairs. Shoulder, bench presses with dumbbells. Lat pulldown. Dip station leg raises.

Nov 14: 20 min HIIT on treadmill. 2.27 miles, not bad!

traveling michele
11-15-2012, 10:07 AM
November 13: 60 minute UJam class

Totals:
13 days
1230 minutes

November 14: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

very interesting class. There were two new students-- one was an older gentleman-- I'd guess he was 80?!?! He was behind me. He did pretty well all things considering. Then a few minutes after class started the owner of the studio plopped a mat right next to mine and whispered in my ear that the girl was visually impaired and needed to be in front of the mirror and right next to someone to watch. Usually you have your "space" between students so it was challenging. I enjoyed helping her though-- sweet young girl that reminded me of my daughters. I was thoroughly thanked afterwards by the owner and the instructor for helping her. I hope she comes back again. I was so impressed that she was able to do as well as she did. She had difficulty with some of the balancing, but she listened really well and followed most of the instructions.

Totals:
14 days
1320 minutes

saef
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Thursday, Nov. 15th:

60 minutes elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine, alternating backward & forward

Worked pretty hard in class, as I had a guy on my right, a novelty in this generally all-female class. A rather fit guy, though working on his core. I think he believed it was going to be easy. But the teacher seemed to have anticipated that, and man, did she ever WORK us. All probably to impress that guy or put him in his place. Which I totally understand. Despite my age, my balance issues as a result of my ruined inner ear on the left side, and my remaining body fat, I was actually a lot better than the really fit new guy was, mostly due to my having practiced Pilates for a while now and knowing the choreography, as it were.

saef
11-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Then a few minutes after class started the owner of the studio plopped a mat right next to mine and whispered in my ear that the girl was visually impaired and needed to be in front of the mirror and right next to someone to watch. Usually you have your "space" between students so it was challenging. I enjoyed helping her though-- sweet young girl that reminded me of my daughters. I was thoroughly thanked afterwards by the owner and the instructor for helping her. I hope she comes back again. I was so impressed that she was able to do as well as she did. She had difficulty with some of the balancing, but she listened really well and followed most of the instructions.

Michele, the owner & instructor picked the right person to help the new student. You are not only very practiced at Bikram, you have a warm & caring nature and experience with raising your daughters. I am glad that girl got you when she needed someone while extending her boundaries by trying something probably new to her. Bikram would be intimidating for anyone. (I know it is for me!)

WardHog
11-15-2012, 04:32 PM
I am glad you were able to help her out, Michele.

Nov. 15: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), spin class

traveling michele
11-16-2012, 10:36 AM
November 14: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

very interesting class. There were two new students-- one was an older gentleman-- I'd guess he was 80?!?! He was behind me. He did pretty well all things considering. Then a few minutes after class started the owner of the studio plopped a mat right next to mine and whispered in my ear that the girl was visually impaired and needed to be in front of the mirror and right next to someone to watch. Usually you have your "space" between students so it was challenging. I enjoyed helping her though-- sweet young girl that reminded me of my daughters. I was thoroughly thanked afterwards by the owner and the instructor for helping her. I hope she comes back again. I was so impressed that she was able to do as well as she did. She had difficulty with some of the balancing, but she listened really well and followed most of the instructions.

Totals:
14 days
1320 minutes

November 15: 45 minutes Zumba

I was excited that I haven't missed a day yet in November, but now I don't feel well so unless I have a miraculous recovery, I won't be making it today. :mad:

Totals:
15 days
1365 minutes

krampus
11-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Nov. 15: HIIT sprint program on elliptical, lat pulldown, some DB shoulder presses, KB swings and squats

saef
11-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Friday, Nov. 16th:

Ran -- yes, ran -- outside for 4.25 miles on the pathway running through the park alongside the Bronx River. My apartment complex is just steps away from this very long paved scenic trail. When I moved here, I thought I'd be walking or running on that almost every day. Nope. I always keep walking another block further to the gym. But today I experimented with a lunch-hour run on my work-from-home day.

After work:
60 minutes back & biceps routine

Didn't think I'd get it in, but I pushed myself back out to finish off my usual Friday routine.

WardHog
11-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Nov. 16: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), 2000 yd swim (~55 min)

ICUwishing
11-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Nov 17: 300 yd warmup, mixed stroke, main set 300-285-250-225-down to 25, with 20sec rest intervals, 150 yd cool down for 2400yds.

saef
11-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Saturday, Nov. 17th:

60 minute spin class with weight intervals. Insane pace of sprints and jumps
60 minute Pilates mat class

The spin instructor had a demon inside her today.

WardHog
11-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Nov. 17: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), spin class

saef
11-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Sunday, Nov. 18th:

45 minute spin class, straight-up spin, no messing with high reps of low weights

I was hurting when I got up today. After my time at the gym, I actually feel a little better. But still, I'm glad I won't be lifting much for at least another day.

ICUwishing
11-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Saef, I didn't answer the clunking question in a timely manner, sorry! When I say "clunk" in my shoulder it's a mechanical type of clunk, as in like a constrained or inflamed tendon snapping loose from where it's stuck. That particular swim had a clunk on every stroke of front crawl. The full-body clunk is much more of a mental thing, for me! :D

WardHog
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Nov. 18: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), power class

traveling michele
11-18-2012, 11:11 PM
November 15: 45 minutes Zumba

I was excited that I haven't missed a day yet in November, but now I don't feel well so unless I have a miraculous recovery, I won't be making it today. :mad:

Totals:
15 days
1365 minutes

November 16: sick and didn't do any exercise

November 17: 90 minutes Bikram yoga

November 18: 90 minutes Bikram yoga-- it was hard tonight. Maybe extra humidity??

Totals:
17 days
1545 minutes

saef
11-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Clunk, clunk, goes Becky's shoulder. Clunk, clunk.

Huff-puff, goes Saef in spin class. Huff-puff.

Monday, Nov. 19th:

See me try to attain escape velocity from a warm, lamp-lit apartment at this time of year, in the dark morning & on the early darkness of the very prolonged evenings.

krampus
11-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Saturday, Nov. 17: Lots of DB shoulder presses, DB bench presses, DB bent over rows, lat pulldown, KB swings, squats, windmills, 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Monday, Nov. 19: 20 minutes HIIT on treadmill. Will feel guilty if I don't also lift later on.

WardHog
11-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Nov. 19: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), 60 min elliptical

saef
11-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Tuesday, Nov. 20th:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic intervals, resistance at nine
60 minutes chest, shoulders and triceps routine

Did this during my lunch hour, rather than first thing in the morning. I can't believe how good I feel now, as if I got a new wave of energy for the rest of the day.

60 minute spin class with weight interval in the middle

WardHog
11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Nov. 20: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each), spin class

We're going to a science museum tomorrow that's supposed to be really cool. But now I have to figure out how to fit in a workout since the gym will be closed on Thursday (gasp!). Friday there's a special 75 min "burn off the bird" spin class. I am already signed up. :)

krampus
11-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Tuesday, 11/20:

-DB bench press, DB overhead press, lat pull downs, goblet squats with 55 lb dumbbell

saef
11-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Wednesday, Nov. 21st:

60 minute spin class on my lunch hour, with weight intervals

A rowdy, happy, energetic class today, mostly health care professionals from the hospital across the street. Usually, I'm in Connecticut on Wednesdays, as it's the day we hold our weekly staff meetings, so I'd never been to this class before today.

WardHog
11-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Nov. 21: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); no gym

saef
11-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22:

60 minutes elliptical, resistance at nine, aerobic intervals, alternating backward & forward

traveling michele
11-22-2012, 07:03 PM
November 16: sick and didn't do any exercise

November 17: 90 minutes Bikram yoga

November 18: 90 minutes Bikram yoga-- it was hard tonight. Maybe extra humidity??

Totals:
17 days
1545 minutes

November 19: nothing besides walking around Napa with dh

November 20: 90 minutes bikram yoga

November 21: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
19 days
1725 minutes

WardHog
11-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Nov. 22: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); no gym

saef
11-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Black Friday, Nov. 23:

20 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic intervals, resistance at nine
60 minutes back & biceps routine
40 minutes back on Stairmaster, with the resistance dropped to eight, and this was a slog.

saef
11-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Saturday, Nov. 24th:

60 minutes on Cybex arc trainer, 1:1 intervals, and oh, this was tough. Resistance at nine for a half-hour, then I had to drop to eight for the last half-hour. That meant resistance of 50-45 pounds during the resting minutes and 75 pounds during the working minutes. I made it, though.

WardHog
11-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Nov. 23: 40 min dog walk (2.25mi each); 75 min spin class

Nov. 24: 40 min dog walk (2.25mi each); spin class

traveling michele
11-25-2012, 12:01 PM
November 19: nothing besides walking around Napa with dh

November 20: 90 minutes bikram yoga

November 21: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
19 days
1725 minutes

November 22: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

November 23: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

November 24: 70 minutes Spin

Totals:
22 days
1975 minutes

saef
11-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Sunday, Nov. 25th:

20 minutes Precor 546, backward & forward, warmup
60 minutes biceps, shoulder and triceps routine
40 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, resistance at eight, aerobic intervals

WardHog
11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Nov. 25: two freezing cold 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); power class

traveling michele
11-26-2012, 12:58 PM
November 22: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

November 23: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

November 24: 70 minutes Spin

Totals:
22 days
1975 minutes

November 25: 10 minutes upper body, 60 minutes Zumba, 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
23 days
2135 minutes

saef
11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Monday, Nov. 26th

45 minute spin class at my gym Upstate, with the whole familiar crew saying they'd thought of me as soon as they heard about Hurricane Sandy -- I was glad to be able to tell them no, this time I was just paying a visit for Thanksgiving, not living there again after being flooded out a second time. For which I continue to be thankful.

WardHog
11-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Nov. 26: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); 55 min swim (2000 yds)

traveling michele
11-27-2012, 10:34 AM
November 25: 10 minutes upper body, 60 minutes Zumba, 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
23 days
2135 minutes

November 26: 60 minutes Body pump class

Totals:
24 days
2195 minutes

saef
11-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Tuesday, Nov. 27th:

60 minute spin class with weight interval, surprisingly empty this evening. What gives? The snow that changed into rain, and the early darkness?

traveling michele
11-28-2012, 12:05 AM
November 26: 60 minutes Body pump class

Totals:
24 days
2195 minutes

November 27: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
25 days
2285 minutes

saef
11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Wednesday, Nov. 28th:

Tried out my company's in-house gym tonight and found it much improved but still lacking.

18 minutes Life Fitness elliptical, a cruddy thing without the resistance & smooth action of a Precor, even after I jacked it up to 10
60 minutes chest, shoulders and triceps routine, in which I had to make do with mostly 10-lb weights, since they had no 12-lb or 12.5-lb weights, but they were incredibly awkward with huge round flat plates on the ends. (I think the brand was Troy.) That somehow threw off the balance within my hand, if that makes sense. They felt heavier because they were unwieldy. I also used the 15-lb weights rather than 17.5.
They didn't have fixed barbells, and they had miscellaneous collections of plates, and not as many collars to hold on the weights as they needed. I couldn't figure out the weight of the bar, though it didn't feel like Olympic weight, so I've no idea what I was bench-pressing.
In short, an unsatisfactory awkward workout, and I'd much rather use the gym near my home than the gym in the office in CT.
It is, however, huge, with nice flat screens and a new TRX suspension system, kettlebells, new weight stations and some new cardio equipment. I am just so fixed in my routine that I am annoyed by having to fumble with weights that aren't quite right.

krampus
11-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Monday, 11/26
-20 min HIIT on elliptical. Bad idea for the injured back!

curvynotlumpy
11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Monday, 11/26
-20 min HIIT on elliptical. Bad idea for the injured back!

I am not a maintainer, but like many on this site, I lurk all the time as I find you all incredibly motivating and inspirational :hug:

Krampus, I hope you don't mind me commenting that you are wonderfully photogenic and take a take lovely photos. Lucky lady!

WardHog
11-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Nov. 27: 23 min elliptical, spin class

Nov. 28: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); power class

traveling michele
11-28-2012, 11:31 PM
November 27: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
25 days
2285 minutes

November 28: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
26 days
2375 minutes

saef
11-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Thursday, Nov. 29th:

60 minutes on a decent elliptical, resistance at nine, random intervals, alternating forward & backward. And puzzling over the woman who came up to me when I finished and asked pointedly, "Are you done?" As if I'd been on it too long & had been hogging it. Which I would've totally understood & apologized for -- if there hadn't been two other identical model ellipticals on either side of me that no one was using, and no one had used for the past half-hour. So maybe I was on her very special favorite one? The one with her name on it? :shrug:

krampus
11-29-2012, 11:43 AM
I am not a maintainer, but like many on this site, I lurk all the time as I find you all incredibly motivating and inspirational :hug:

Krampus, I hope you don't mind me commenting that you are wonderfully photogenic and take a take lovely photos. Lucky lady!

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 28:
-30 minutes on elliptical, fast but not quite "sprint"

WardHog
11-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Nov. 29: 40 min dog walk (2.25 mi), spin class, 35 min leaf raking

JohnKY
11-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Still on track, just not online much.

11/29

4 sets pushups x28 reps.

3.419 mi hike over moderate terrain.

Approx 1 mi hike over steeper grades.

traveling michele
11-30-2012, 10:08 AM
November 28: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
26 days
2375 minutes

November 29: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
27 days
2465 minutes

saef
11-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Friday, Nov. 30th:

20 minutes Stairmaster, the usual, set up at nine resistance
60 minutes back & biceps routine, no lat pulldowns, instead entirely on the Gravitron
40 minutes back Stairmaster, dropping the resistance to eight to make it endurable

The gym now has faux pine wreaths and twinkly lights tacked to the windows, which looks unexpectedly great. Also poinsettia plants on the sills. And a blow-up snowman in the biggest window. I am less in favor of the blow-up snowman.

It has astonished me that there isn't a lot of the post-Thanksgiving crowd yet. People aren't worried enough yet.

WardHog
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Nov. 29: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); tennis - 1 hr doubles, 45 min singles; 1 hour leaf raking

JohnKY
11-30-2012, 11:45 PM
11/30

3.4 mi over moderate terrain

5 sets pushups x28 reps / stretching

traveling michele
12-01-2012, 04:04 PM
November 29: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
27 days
2465 minutes

November 30: