Metabolic Research Center - MRC NOVEMBER Thread

View Full Version : MRC NOVEMBER Thread

skelley331
11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Well I'm starting off November in the right direction yah! I weighed in this morning and was down 2 lbs yippie!! :carrot::carrot:

mindboggld
11-01-2012, 03:06 PM
That's awesome Skelley!!!:woohoo:

I did great yesterday... until I got home... UGH! I'm glad I'm only in the preconditioning phase!!!! I succumbed to cravings (And thinking that I won't get to eat this stuff in a really really really long time... if ever) and had mozzerella cheese sticks and corn dogs from Sonic... along with a few pieces of Halloween candy.

I'm doing good today though and have a plan for tonight. Just gotta keep that candy out of sight! :)

I go for my menu class tomorrow... excited and apprehensive!:dizzy:

skelley331
11-01-2012, 05:31 PM
That's awesome Skelley!!!:woohoo:

I did great yesterday... until I got home... UGH! I'm glad I'm only in the preconditioning phase!!!! I succumbed to cravings (And thinking that I won't get to eat this stuff in a really really really long time... if ever) and had mozzerella cheese sticks and corn dogs from Sonic... along with a few pieces of Halloween candy.

I'm doing good today though and have a plan for tonight. Just gotta keep that candy out of sight! :)

I go for my menu class tomorrow... excited and apprehensive!:dizzy:

Hang in there, when i did he pre-conditioning i did it for two weeks to get my body adjusted to the way of eating, I found it pretty easy and i didn't have any cravings during pre-conditioning, had alot of energy too! The center is there to help and they will.

cmarty
11-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Congrats Skelley!! You are rocking girl!:carrot::carrot:

I weigh tomorrow...so I'll let you know. The scale has been going down at home:carrot:

skelley331
11-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Congrats Skelley!! You are rocking girl!:carrot::carrot:

I weigh tomorrow...so I'll let you know. The scale has been going down at home:carrot:

Thanks cmarty: I was stalled out for a few days but then it started moving again, hope all is good for you tomorrow, you're doing great!!! We are actually doing it right! LOL!!! :hug::hug::carrot:

mindboggld
11-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't know what my menu will be like - I go in today to find out.... However, I made white chicken chili last night - it was delish! It had grilled chicken, navy beans, rotel, and canned squash (instead of corn!)... add in some chili powder, garlic powder and other spices and let it simmer... then I served it up with a little cheddar on top and added greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) on top. YUMMY! I'm gonna eat some leftovers for lunch today!

I got 72 oz of water in yesterday too!! WOOT! :)

JBrink
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Good job, Skelley! That's AWESOME!:carrot:

I just went and weighed today, and I am baffled! I stayed totally on plan all week, and still gained a pound, IDK how that happens?

Guess I'll just keep on keepin' on, and see what happens next week. Sure is frustrating though!

skelley331
11-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Good job, Skelley! That's AWESOME!:carrot:

I just went and weighed today, and I am baffled! I stayed totally on plan all week, and still gained a pound, IDK how that happens?

Guess I'll just keep on keepin' on, and see what happens next week. Sure is frustrating though!

I don't understand how that can be, did they give you a list of pre-conditioning foods to eat? I lost 8lbs when i did pre-conditioning:?:

mindboggld
11-02-2012, 06:32 PM
YAY! I lost 4.5 lbs on preconditioning (since Wednesday) and got my menu. Think I'll take it simple this next week on the cooking - nothing fancy, just to get used to it... then go from there for variety.

Sorry you gained a pound JBrink... I'm sure it's just a fluke... :)

skelley331
11-02-2012, 09:45 PM
YAY! I lost 4.5 lbs on preconditioning (since Wednesday) and got my menu. Think I'll take it simple this next week on the cooking - nothing fancy, just to get used to it... then go from there for variety.

Congrats mindboggld, way to go!! :carrot::carrot:

cmarty
11-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Brinks
Don't worry about that gain. Just stay on program. I didn't lose any weight last week and I had worked out everyday and stayed on program. But this week I lost 3 and a half pounds.:carrot: It will come off soon. Sometimes I think our body plays tricks on us...and thats when we want to give up...Skelley and I have both experienced this..so hang in there and stay on program!

Congrats..mindbogg..keep it up..the program really works1

skelley331
11-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Brinks
Don't worry about that gain. Just stay on program. I didn't lose any weight last week and I had worked out everyday and stayed on program. But this week I lost 3 and a half pounds.:carrot: It will come off soon. Sometimes I think our body plays tricks on us...and thats when we want to give up...Skelley and I have both experienced this..so hang in there and stay on program!

Congrats..mindbogg..keep it up..the program really works1

Cmarty I totally agree with you!!! congrats on your weight loss!! :carrot::carrot:

CCdoodle
11-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Since I'm doing it at home, I am going to weigh in on Sundays, and skipping tomorrow since I got the wrong battery for my scale.

Went to 5 different grocery stores around here, who knew they sold so many different brands of tortillas. FINALLY, found La Tortilla brand at the last one, on the bottom shelf - so I cleaned them out :)

Anybody have any new goals for the week?

LC

carolannincolumbusga
11-04-2012, 10:56 AM
I started the MRC plan 2 weeks ago and I am down 10 lbs. I am getting ready for my wedding on 12/12/12 at 12:12. It will be televised on a local television program. How fun!!

Part of our makeover is putting my fiance', David and I on a weightloss plan. We chose MRC!

He has also lost 10lbs!!

Wahoo!!!

carolannincolumbusga
11-04-2012, 10:58 AM

Congratulations!! :bravo:

carolannincolumbusga
11-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Well I'm starting off November in the right direction yah! I weighed in this morning and was down 2 lbs yippie!! :carrot::carrot:

You are so close to your goal!! I look forward to seeing my weight tracker go down, too!!! :dancer:

carolannincolumbusga
11-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Snip

Anybody have any new goals for the week?

LC

I do!! I weighed in at 179 on Friday. That was my two week weigh in. Down 10 lbs. This week, I am supposed to start on Meta Slim 11 - 15. But, I can't find my sheet!! So, I am going to keep following the Meta Slim 5 - 10 until Tuesday when I go back for my weigh in.

I sure hope it is okay!! I'm really wanting to keep up the weight loss.

189/179/130 5' 3"

carolannincolumbusga
11-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't know what my menu will be like - I go in today to find out.... However, I made white chicken chili last night - it was delish! It had grilled chicken, navy beans, rotel, and canned squash (instead of corn!)... add in some chili powder, garlic powder and other spices and let it simmer... then I served it up with a little cheddar on top and added greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) on top. YUMMY! I'm gonna eat some leftovers for lunch today!

I got 72 oz of water in yesterday too!! WOOT! :)

My diet consists of only simple to make foods. I just don't cook. But, I am steaming my veggies and fish. Breakfast is the same every day. One slice of low cal bread with 1oz of hard cheese and 1/2 orange. Yum!

I find it difficult to get in my water. So, now I drink 16 oz each time I take my supplements and then add in 2 bottles throughout the day. That along with my 3 or 4 HNS should be enough, right? :?:

mindboggld
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I started the MRC plan 2 weeks ago and I am down 10 lbs. I am getting ready for my wedding on 12/12/12 at 12:12. It will be televised on a local television program. How fun!!

Part of our makeover is putting my fiance', David and I on a weightloss plan. We chose MRC!

He has also lost 10lbs!!

Wahoo!!!

Oh wow! That's awesome!!!!! :) My anniversary is 12/10, so it's definitely a great month for marriage ;)

mindboggld
11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I find it difficult to get in my water. So, now I drink 16 oz each time I take my supplements and then add in 2 bottles throughout the day. That along with my 3 or 4 HNS should be enough, right? :?:

I'm having a hard time too. I was told that the water I'm drinking mixed with HNS isn't counted. So I pretty much make those shooters - mix with like 4-5oz of water and down it.... Yesterday 56 oz of water... ugh! SO HARD! LOL;)

carolannincolumbusga
11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh wow! That's awesome!!!!! :) My anniversary is 12/10, so it's definitely a great month for marriage ;)

Thank you!!

I like the strangeness of 12/12/12.

cheeriloos
11-05-2012, 02:49 PM
You all are doing great, such an inspiration! When I went to the nutrition classes there in Columbus they wanted me to drink 100 ounces of water a day, So they were selling water bottles 32 ounce ones, well i lost it but at walmart they have these bottles of flavored water by great value, i just dump the water ( its like 70 cents) and fill it up 3 times and i'm pretty much at 100 ounces, i just nurse the bottles pretty much all day.

dkdaisybutters
11-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Went for my measurements on Friday and I have lost 77 inches! I don't realize how much it is until they measure out the ribbon and then it sets in!( I don't know if they do this everywhere but it's a great idea just seeing how much it really is, especially when you're the one holding the end of the tape measure)
By the way, congrats carolannincolumbusga on your upcoming wedding, I bet you will feel and look great for your big day!!
Also, I have been craving ranch dressing and not like the Walden Farms kind, i mean the fattening full of carbs kind lol does anybody have a recipe or brand that is within our guidelines??...I tried the cottage cheese with kraft ranch dressing packet in a blender but it was kind of too grainy and thick for me. I might be out of luck on this one :(!

mindboggld
11-06-2012, 09:17 PM
77 inches?!?! WOWZERS! :carrot:

Have you tried mixing it with greek yogurt instead of the cottage cheese? I haven't tried it, but I think it might work... Definitely would have a creamy texture.

I went in today for my first weigh in on the menu plan... and had gained .5 lbs! I really think it because I'm getting a head cold... I'll go back in on Friday for my second weekly visit :)

actorsinjapan
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I just joined MRC. Any recommendations?

mindboggld
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm still a newbie, but so far I like the concentrated HNS flavors: Mixed Berry, Pomegranate, Orange and Grape. I didn't like KiwiMelon or Blue Raspberry much.

dkdaisybutters
11-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Thank you! I think I will try that will the greek yogurt that sounds like it might work...actorsinjapan I like the concentrated HNS flavors also. I don't like mixed berry but I do like pomegranate, orange, grape, kiwimelon is ok, and blue raspberry isn't bad. Of the powders the only one I really like is Wildberry. When you can have creamies I like the hot chocolate, chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding(I put in pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and cinnamon or else I don't like it at all!). Also, when you can have them the chocolate meal replacement powders are really good and easy in a pinch. The bar sampler box is pretty good too but it doesn't really keep me full so I stopped getting them. If you buy something don't like it they have a box where you can replace it with a different kind that you do like; I didn't know this for the longest time!(I don't know if all the centers do this or not)

skelley331
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Hello to all! Well i'm 8lbs away from my goal weight and i go weigh in tomorrow at my center!! Monday the 12th was the target date they gave me so it will be close, i'm thinking they may go ahead and let me start stabilization maybe, one friend of mine was close like me and they let her and she actually ended up losing her last few pounds during stabilization!! But we'll see!! Wish me luck and i will post my results tomorrow! Goodluck to everyone that might be weighing in and have a great weekend :carrot:
:dust:

Missmaryann
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi ladies, Im so glad I found this support thread :hug:!! I did MRC 2 years ago and dropped 30 pounds (and haven't gained ANY back) I quit before my goal weight, so Im getting back back on the wagon. I'm starting my pre conditioning menu today, I have 20 pounds to go until my GW!

cmarty
11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Good Luck... Maryann

Skelley, Hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow. I weigh in tomorrow afternoon. I think Ive lost a couple..They gave me a goal of 142..but I would like to weigh around 128...so I'll be on it a little while longer..maybe through mid January..

skelley331
11-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Good Luck... Maryann

Skelley, Hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow. I weigh in tomorrow afternoon. I think Ive lost a couple..They gave me a goal of 142..but I would like to weigh around 128...so I'll be on it a little while longer..maybe through mid January..

Welcome Maryann!!

Cmarty good luck tomorrow as well, they put me at 147 but just realized that i'm 5'7 and you're 5'6, but we are doing this aren't we!!! Yeah!!! I look forward to seeing your post! :carrot::carrot:

skelley331
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Okay now for the good news first: I lost 2.6 lbs YAY!!! then here comes the bad news, my goal date is 11/12/12 which is this coming monday so the counselor i met with told me that since i didn't reach my goal weight i couldn't go onto stabilization that i could re-enroll for 10 or 17 more weeks. Now she said they are having a black friday special and it would be 1/2 price. I'm 5.4 lbs from my goal and they want me to sign up for 10 to 17 more wks???? I agreed to the 10 wks and gave them a check for $69 which is half price, but they can't actually run it thru because it won't start until next week. So i got some HNS drinks and left bummed!! I can reach my goal in like a wk or 1 1/2 wks for sure, why would i sign for 10 more weeks, the more i thought about it i called my center back and told my counselor to tear up my check and that i wasn't going to sign up for another 10wks that i was so close i would finish on my own. My question to here was " Now i'm done right" she said no when you come in next week we will set up your appt to start stabilization "WHAT", i was told when i was there i couldn't start stabilization until i reached my goal, so i'm thinking why did she tell me i had to renew, was it just to get more money?? Well i'm glad i called back and changed my mind because now i can be even closer to my goal by next saturday and start stabilization after all! Sorry this is so long but i was really bummed!!!

bigdog
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
just had an incredible Vanilla Bean Torte Syntrax shake w/ a sprinkle of cinnamon and ice blended in the GE mini blender... i did take one ginger snap (Not OP) and crumbled on top - YUM!!!!!!!!! my next shake, i'm blending w/ a bit of pumpkin spice and cinnamon :)

rwquilts
11-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Sounds yummy bigdog!

Skelley, I'm shocked that you were told you would have to pay more. I was at least 6 lbs from my goal when I started stabilization almost 5 weeks ago and just tonight reached my goal. I have one more week of stabilization, and I have lost every week so far. I would really like to lose a few more pounds to give me some wiggle room.

skelley331
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Sounds yummy bigdog!

Skelley, I'm shocked that you were told you would have to pay more. I was at least 6 lbs from my goal when I started stabilization almost 5 weeks ago and just tonight reached my goal. I have one more week of stabilization, and I have lost every week so far. I would really like to lose a few more pounds to give me some wiggle room.

rwquilts Yes i was too because i had asked before if i hadn't reached my goal by the day they specified what whould happen and i was told then that sometimes our bodies just tell us when it thinks enough is enough, but then today it was a total different story, but when i called and said i wasn't going to pay for ten more weeks she told me they would set up my appt for stabilization when i came in next week so I was kind of confused. Why do they set up a appt?

skelley331
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
rwquilts Yes i was too because i had asked before if i hadn't reached my goal by the day they specified what whould happen and i was told then that sometimes our bodies just tell us when it thinks enough is enough, but then today it was a total different story, but when i called and said i wasn't going to pay for ten more weeks she told me they would set up my appt for stabilization when i came in next week so I was kind of confused. Why do they set up a appt?

How is it going for you on stabilization?

Simba412
11-10-2012, 11:56 AM
I just started today and can use any words of encouragement that you can offer. Can't wait to lose this spare tire of mine!

pam745
11-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi agian! It's been a while since I've posted but I've been reading your posts. Congrats to everyone on the weight loss. You ladies encourage me!

I've been up a pound and then down a pound or two for the last few weeks. Birthdays, halloween and stress from work have not been kind! I'm ready to get back on track. I only have 11 pounds to go. I know it's going to be hard with the holidays but I'm going to try!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

cmarty
11-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi Yall, we'll I ve started losing again finally. I lost 2 and half pounds this week. For all the newbies ..stay in the fight ..it is well worth it :carrot::carrot: a nd it will pay off!

cmarty
11-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Just wanted to see my new numbers!!:carrot:

I can wear a nice belt with my jeans...and I can see my waist again! MY boobs look larger now that my stomach is going away! Ok girls...this is really worth it!

skelley331
11-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi Yall, we'll I ve started losing again finally. I lost 2 and half pounds this week. For all the newbies ..stay in the fight ..it is well worth it :carrot::carrot: a nd it will pay off!

wow congrats cmarty you are doing awesome! I was told yesterday that next week when i come in they will set up my appt for stabilization! I'm not going to buy another 10wks since i didn't his my goal weight which should be monday, not sure i can lose 5 lbs in three day but next sat when i go weigh in i should be pretty darn close, i lost 2.5lbs this week. I saw on the maintainers post that when some went into stabilization they still lost more lbs so i'll hit my goal if not go past it during that time! Hope to see you there soon!:carrot::carrot:

cmarty
11-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Congrats Skelley!

Hey if I were you I wouldn't pay them another dime. Go on stabilization..but just stay on the old diet and lose weight ..if you want to lose more..
I 'll come close to meeting my goal too...I'll probably just tell them to put me on stabilization...but I'll continue on the green menu until I get to where I want to be!

I am very proud of you...hope to be with ya soon! Keep in touch!

skelley331
11-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Congrats Skelley!

Hey if I were you I wouldn't pay them another dime. Go on stabilization..but just stay on the old diet and lose weight ..if you want to lose more..
I 'll come close to meeting my goal too...I'll probably just tell them to put me on stabilization...but I'll continue on the green menu until I get to where I want to be!

I am very proud of you...hope to be with ya soon! Keep in touch!

Thanks cmarty: hey that's a good idea, never thought of that, so glad you mentioned it! I just couldn't believe the one counselor told me i couldn't go on stabilization until i met my goal but them when i called back and told them i wasnt' paying for more time they said i could start it. Geez! Look forward to seeing you in stabilization! thanks so much for your support!:hug::carrot:

skelley331
11-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Seems like a ghost site now, i'm sure everyone is getting ready for the holidays up and coming! Sure miss seeing you all! :carrot:

cmarty
11-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi girls,
I finally made it to a size 10:carrot:Just in time for the thanksgiving holidays...I am going to try to stick with it until mid January..can't wait to get mey new jeans! I weigh tomorrow. Hope to see you girls around soon...It is kind quite right now.

We are expecting a new baby girl in our family anyday now... I am so excited..

skelley331
11-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi girls,
I finally made it to a size 10:carrot:Just in time for the thanksgiving holidays...I am going to try to stick with it until mid January..can't wait to get mey new jeans! I weigh tomorrow. Hope to see you girls around soon...It is kind quite right now.

We are expecting a new baby girl in our family anyday now... I am so excited..

YAH!! I go weigh in on saturday, can't go tomorow which i usually do, i'm going saturday also to try on 8's, my tens are really loose! Can you believe we are actually getting there!!! Plus i'm suppose to get my appt set up for stabilization!! :carrot::carrot:

rwquilts
11-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I will go for my last weigh-in on stablization tomorrow evening. I ate some stuff this week that I haven't had in a long time. Not to far off the program, but still a little. My husband made chili and I had some on spaghetti squash tonight. It was pretty good, but I have no idea how to account for all the ingredients. I think I only had about 2/3 cup, and 4 oz of the squash.

I have a couple pairs of size 8 that I've been wearing and I'm just tickled pink over that. I walked into Christopher & Banks last night and pulled a size medium sweater off the rack and bought it. It felt so good!

My daughter-in-law has been going to the gym and watching what she eats and has lost over 100 lbs this year. She started at 300 and now weighs 190. I'm so proud of her. When I got my son and her a gym membership for Christmas last year, I worried that they wouldn't use it. I guess she showed me.

librarywench
11-16-2012, 02:01 AM
So I joined MRC on October 24 because my eye doctor told me my casual weight loss was not cutting it - I was losing my vision due to my weight and needed aggressive weight loss.

Well - it's been aggressive because today at MRC I celebrated 20 lbs down!!! WOOHOO!!! :dancer: I can't believe how quickly this has happened.

They also took my measurements and I've lost 24 inches INCLUDING 5 inches on my butt!!

HowdyTexas
11-16-2012, 01:30 PM

He has also lost 10lbs!!

Wahoo!!!

10 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! I love your wedding plans... My hubby and I got married on 10/10/10 at 10:10 pm!!! Great minds think alike! LOL

Hang in there, you can reach your goal, this diet works!!!

cmarty
11-16-2012, 10:56 PM
I lost a pound..I made it through 2 Thanksgiving dinner meals...now if I can survive the family Thanksgiving meal I hav emy carbd blockers just in case!

Congrats on the new size Skelley....I am just following in your footsteps!

skelley331
11-16-2012, 11:02 PM
I lost a pound..I made it through 2 Thanksgiving dinner meals...now if I can survive the family Thanksgiving meal I hav emy carbd blockers just in case!

Congrats on the new size Skelley....I am just following in your footsteps!

Awesome congrats on your loss, i go weigh in tomorrow! :carrot:

skelley331
11-17-2012, 05:44 PM
I went to my MRC center and weighed in and i lost 2.4 lbs now at 150!! Yahoo!! And to top it all off i started day one of week one on stabilization! And the best part is i went shopping and i am now wearing a size 8 in pants and wearing smalls in my sweaters and tops!!! This is so awesome!!! :carrot::carrot:

rwquilts
11-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Congrats skelley! I weighed in last night and lost another 2 lbs on my last week of stabilization. Now, on to the 1200 calorie a day menu.

cmarty
11-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Hey Skelley and rw

Congrats on your weight loss! :carrot::

Skelly congrats on getting there girl.. I knew you could do it...hang around here and keep in touch!
:D

skelley331
11-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Congrats skelley! I weighed in last night and lost another 2 lbs on my last week of stabilization. Now, on to the 1200 calorie a day menu.

rwquilts: Wow that's awesome!!! congrats, how many weeks did you have to do on stabilization? :carrot::carrot:

skelley331
11-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Hey Skelley and rw

Congrats on your weight loss! :carrot::

Skelly congrats on getting there girl.. I knew you could do it...hang around here and keep in touch!
:D

Thanks cmarty: I was so excited and even more excited when i tried on size 8 pants and they fit really good, not even snug!!! Yahoo! :carrot::carrot: I'll be around here while on stabilization!!

msalice72
11-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Love reading the posts and encouragement! Thank you for writing your thoughts and struggles - they are motivating in knowing that I won't be alone! In week one of 17 week program...looking forward to the changes!

rwquilts
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I was on stabilization for 6 weeks and I lost each of those weeks. Woohoo! Can't wait to see my family tomorrow.

JodiH
11-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Made it through Thanksgiving and even lost 1 pound. As of today, I have lost 82.5 pounds. They had set the first goal at 70 pounds, I decided I wanted to lose an additional 10 and am so happy I am still going. I am going to Stabilization meeting this week and it will begin Dec. 1. So excited!

Going4Fit
11-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Hey all, I'm new on the forums. I've lurked behind the scenes a few times since starting MRC in August because I was curious what people were saying about it and if they were sticking with it. I've been encouraged by seeing some of you on here plugging along and supporting one another. I've got mixed feelings about the center, but can't deny that the menu works. I'm really wanting to earn that year of maintenance they promise since I don't want to yo-yo anymore.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and I look forward to chatting a bit on here with some of you. Thanks!

actorsinjapan
11-25-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm reading how well everyone is doing and I'm getting very frustrated. I'm on the green menue and have only lost a total of 3lbs. Do you all weigh everything? Eat out? I feel there is no wiggle room.

rwquilts
11-25-2012, 11:06 AM
actorsinjapan, I followed the menu to a "t" for a very long time. I did eat out occasionally, but usually had a salad with no dressing. I also drank at least 100 oz of water per day. I weighed and/or measured everything. I have LoseIt on my phone and that's how I keep track. Please just stick with it and I'm sure you'll see amazing results.

bigdog
11-25-2012, 12:21 PM
For those that order your protein shakes online, Vitacost has great prices! Use the promo code SAVEBIG and save 25%
I just ordered Syntrax chocolate truffle protein powder and it was $27. Almased protein powder for $21. Free shipping for orders over $49

:)

mindboggld
11-26-2012, 10:48 AM
I do weigh my food. I do eat out, but I try to make the best choices when I am out. There isn't a lot of wiggle room, I agree. However, I'm ok with that - this is forcing me to really look at my bad food habits and make healthier and better choices...

I'm only down 8 lbs since I started (almost a month ago). I'm one of those that it takes forever to lose weight... ugh! I do need to start exercising though... what does everyone do? I'm thinking about just dancing with my XBox games and/or WATP videos.

Also - I'm not sure how you can replace HNS with online shakes? Can someone fill me in on what to look for? All for saving some moolah! :D

mindboggld
11-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Woohooo down a total of 10 pounds now! :D

camaswa
11-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Woohooo down a total of 10 pounds now! :D

Yay! Now change that profile stat, girl!

cmarty
11-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well I cheated a little over Thanksgiving...and I m back on program now. I am really kind of scared to weigh in Friday but I have to face the music LOL

skelley331
11-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well I cheated a little over Thanksgiving...and I m back on program now. I am really kind of scared to weigh in Friday but I have to face the music LOL

Hi Cmarty: I cheated a little also but as of this morning I am at the same weight from last wednesday so no gain, yay!! I'm on week 2 of stabilization and doing really well, go wed to weigh in at my center and pick up week three, man this is going so fast! Hope you had a great holiday! :carrot::carrot:

camaswa
11-26-2012, 11:01 PM
I do weigh my food. I do eat out, but I try to make the best choices when I am out. There isn't a lot of wiggle room, I agree. However, I'm ok with that - this is forcing me to really look at my bad food habits and make healthier and better choices...

I'm only down 8 lbs since I started (almost a month ago). I'm one of those that it takes forever to lose weight... ugh! I do need to start exercising though... what does everyone do? I'm thinking about just dancing with my XBox games and/or WATP videos.

Also - I'm not sure how you can replace HNS with online shakes? Can someone fill me in on what to look for? All for saving some moolah! :D

My advice is don't start messing with substitutions just yet - you are only 10 pounds into It. There are sites like Diet Direct and others that sell very comparable products, so if you really want to give it a try, just look at the nutrition content of various items and compare to the MRC nutrition labels. Sometimes you can save money, other times its is a wash but I think at this stage in your program you might want to focus on doing it just as they say, rather than gaming it. Good luck and congrats again on the 10!

Going4Fit
11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm reading how well everyone is doing and I'm getting very frustrated. I'm on the green menue and have only lost a total of 3lbs. Do you all weigh everything? Eat out? I feel there is no wiggle room.

I follow the green menu 100%. Everything is always weighed and measured. Always. I'm a perfectionist though, so this kind of a strict plan is ideal for me - wiggle room makes me uncomfortable and discourages me. For example, I wouldn't know if a plateau or gain is because of one of my choices. This way I always know I followed the plan and there's nothing I could have done better so that gives me confidence to keep going and get through those disappointing weigh-ins.

I'm saving wiggle room for that year I'm on maintainence.

BTW - I have been 100% on plan for 15 weeks now, not so much as a single BLT (Bite, Lick or Taste) off plan, and I do not get the 3-5 lbs a week they "guarantee". But close enough - my average is 2.7 lbs/week. Hope that helps.

msalice72
11-27-2012, 03:23 PM
I am on day 1 of the Yellow menu. I guess I go to the Green menu days 5-10, then Blue after. When I saw what I can eat on the yellow plan for the next four days I was like "Is this a guideline or THE actual menu?!!". My counselor said, no you follow this EXACT menu. My jaw dropped with what I can ONLY eat. I wasn't really prepared for such a strict menu and hope that it becomes easier on the other plans. I also wasn't prepared for such strict guidelines on "other" things - like 3 non-sugar gum per day, no gel toothpaste. I'm scratching my head at some of those exclusions.

I'm also taking the Phenatrim (sp?), Corti-slim, Oil pills, Vitamin and HCG I think.. I don't know I take about 7 pills per meal! I had to put them all in little pill-bags I got at Walgreens so I can set up my 3x daily ration a head of time. They tried to sell me on some additional pills yesterday, but I was like "no, please just let me adjust to this huge change already!"

camaswa
11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
I follow the green menu 100%. Everything is always weighed and measured. Always. I'm a perfectionist though, so this kind of a strict plan is ideal for me - wiggle room makes me uncomfortable and discourages me. For example, I wouldn't know if a plateau or gain is because of one of my choices. This way I always know I followed the plan and there's nothing I could have done better so that gives me confidence to keep going and get through those disappointing weigh-ins.

I'm saving wiggle room for that year I'm on maintainence.

BTW - I have been 100% on plan for 15 weeks now, not so much as a single BLT (Bite, Lick or Taste) off plan, and I do not get the 3-5 lbs a week they "guarantee". But close enough - my average is 2.7 lbs/week. Hope that helps.
Wow, that is seriously impressive! I could not do that- and it took me WAY longer to get to goal. (I've recently gained 6 back, so here I am on the boards again). You are inspiring!

lrs1963
11-28-2012, 11:10 AM
hi everyone! I started MRC about a month ago, but have been on reconditioning for that time because of money. I will be starting the actual program on Fri, so my counselor will be talking to me about the plan Thurs night. I am worried about the cost of the additional drinks & stuff. I've seen some posts that some of you go to other sights for these things. Do I actually have to take them, or can I do the plan without them? If I do, can anyone suggest the best place to get them?

Lisa S.

skelley331
11-28-2012, 11:05 PM
hi everyone! I started MRC about a month ago, but have been on reconditioning for that time because of money. I will be starting the actual program on Fri, so my counselor will be talking to me about the plan Thurs night. I am worried about the cost of the additional drinks & stuff. I've seen some posts that some of you go to other sights for these things. Do I actually have to take them, or can I do the plan without them? If I do, can anyone suggest the best place to get them?

Lisa S.

The only thing you have to take are the HNS (high nutrient supplement drinks) that's in the contract or at least mine, it's high protein. Minimum of two a day.

anjy99
11-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been on much.. but been plugging along. I'm so thankful that I made it through Thanksgiving and still showed a 1.5lb loss! It was so stressful last week and I know I"m not drinking enough water! Just wanted to say Hi.

Going4Fit
11-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Wow, that is seriously impressive! I could not do that- and it took me WAY longer to get to goal. (I've recently gained 6 back, so here I am on the boards again). You are inspiring!

Hey I appreciate the compliment, but being a perfectionist only helps me with the loss part of this fitness journey. I chose going to a center for weight loss support because I need the help with maintenance. I can diet really well because I can follow directions really well. Tell me what to do and I'll do it. But once I am off a plan I lose all control. I want it to be different this time!

BTW - I'm really close to you... I'm in Vancouver! :)

cmarty
11-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Hi girls,

I have been busy with my new granddaughter.:carrot:..what a blessing.:angel: I haven't weighed in 2 weeks and yes I had that pecan pie! I think I still lost though because I got right back on plan! I'll let you know the results tonight

skelley331
11-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi girls,

I have been busy with my new granddaughter.:carrot:..what a blessing.:angel: I haven't weighed in 2 weeks and yes I had that pecan pie! I think I still lost though because I got right back on plan! I'll let you know the results tonight

Awe grandkids are awesome, i have three grandson's, now 14, 12, 9 and man do they grow up fast! But still enjoy spending time with them even though it's more with grandpa than grandma!!! Glad to see you back, i'm on stabilzation week 3 starting tomorrow, doing great, holding my own, didn't gain a ounce from thanksgiving!! I actually get to have milk starting tomorrow. :carrot::carrot:

msalice72
11-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Cant believe how fast this month has passed! :dizzy:

I did my weigh in on yesterday -Yellow Menu (days 1-4). I start Blue (days 5-10) tomorrow. I'm down 4.5 in about 3 weeks!!! I'm following it about 95% - made a mistake by having Balsamic Dressing on my salad at a restaurant and learned that is a 'no no'. Still learning what I can/can't eat but seeing success so far!

I can see that many of you lost or maintained over Thanksgiving. That is very encouraging and hard to do over the holidays! :carrot: Now we just need to get through December!:D

skelley331
11-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Cant believe how fast this month has passed! :dizzy:

I did my weigh in on yesterday -Yellow Menu (days 1-4). I start Blue (days 5-10) tomorrow. I'm down 4.5 in about 3 weeks!!! I'm following it about 95% - made a mistake by having Balsamic Dressing on my salad at a restaurant and learned that is a 'no no'. Still learning what I can/can't eat but seeing success so far!

I can see that many of you lost or maintained over Thanksgiving. That is very encouraging and hard to do over the holidays! :carrot: Now we just need to get through December!:D

Congrats on your weight loss, don't worry about the dressing, we all had hick-ups when we started LOL and still do, but it's a great program and it works!! Goodluck and keep posting about your journey, welcome! :carrot: