:carrot:

New Pages!

Tejas
11-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Throw out the left over candy!!

:devil:

mandydawn77
11-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Oops. I was still posting on the other thread.

I definitely need to throw out the leftover candy since I had no self control last night. I used 23 weekly points on candy bars and I'm only on day 3. The kids are going to have to hide their candy from me if they want to keep it. I wish I was the type that could just have one piece and be happy, but I'm an all or nothing kind of gal. If I'm gonna do it I'm gonna go all out :)

Now I just have to get back on track and forget all about last night. I hope the scales don't show it too much. I had just gotten out of the 260's and now I'm probably back in them again. I didn't step on the scale this morning. I'll be good for a couple of days and then weigh in lol.

ontarget
11-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi/bye. We're off to the lake.

No more candy for chickies. (myself included)

ontarget
11-01-2012, 05:39 PM
We're home. All the little fishies are still in the lake safe and sound. Now we're resting getting ready for the potluck tonight.

ontarget
11-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I spent a lot of points at the potluck tonight. Guess that's what they are for, though. Now I need to be careful the rest of the week. Mandy, I did like you did. We can get ourselves back on track. We're lucky we had the points to spend.

Tejas
11-01-2012, 10:08 PM
I was pretty good with the candy, having only two pieces. I had two glasses of wine instead :lol:

I hope you're all having a good night. I was busy with various community events. One of them was meeting Julia Butterfly Hill who spent almost 2 years living in a redwood tree, protesting logging of old-growth forests.

ontarget
11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Any relationship?

Wine sounds good.

nancy237
11-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Went to see Cloud Atlas with my cousin..

The reviews say people either hate it or love it...I hated it and my cousin loved it.. It involves time travel and I felt like I was watching TV and flicking channels .. Sorta wished for it to end after the first 20 minutes...

Can't seem to get motivated to do much this week..

mandydawn77
11-02-2012, 09:34 AM
The scale really showed that candy this morning. I can't believe I'm back to 263! I swear I can gain 5 pounds in a day easy. I'm trying to be good, but with a pot luck here at work for breakfast this morning it's going to be tough. I'm going to try to stick with fruit, but there sure are some yummy looking coffee cakes and donuts. I have to keep my eye on the prize. My challenge/goal is to get to 250 by December 1st.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Tejas
11-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Good luck Mandy with your goal...those donuts are never as good as they look. NOT.

I gained 13 pounds over the summer, with the sedentary rehab. My goal is to get that off by Christmas. I'm currently drinking two protein shakes a day and having one meal. For exercise, I'll continue my weight lifting, do kettlebell swings, swim, tap dance. I'm hoping all that will help.

Sandra, she's no relation to DH that I know of. Those Hills don't strike me as environmental activists :lol:

Nancy, thanks for the movie critique. I'll give it a pass.

mandydawn77
11-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I wish I was more motivated when it comes to exercise. It sounds like you have lots of energy :)

ontarget
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Rhonda, :lol: You're probably right. :lol: Sorry about laughing. I couldn't help it.

I've been gaining/losing the same 5 lbs over and over since August. My goal is to break that cycle and be at 175 by Christmas. Potlucks are challenges. I slipped at ours last night. Today's a new day.

Mandy, how did the potluck go? I hope you did better than I did last night. Dust off, girl. We can do this.

Nancy, thank you for the review. I may just wait to catch it on satellite. That way it'll be easier to change the channel if needed.

One friend is coming in about an hour to shoot. Another is coming in about 3 hours. I prob won't shoot as much as it sounds. I'll pace myself. Tournaments start Sunday!! (But I know I've already said that.)

Have a Fabulously Freaky Friday, everyone.

pam920
11-02-2012, 02:10 PM
hey chickies.

did 40 min walk this morning. I do pretty good until we are climbing a hill, then i slow way down due to shortness of breath. No angina, which is good. We went to lunch yesterday and I had a salad.

Sandra, sounds like a busy day for you.

Mandy, exercise is my problem too. I hate it. Never will like it. I'm in FL for the winter and we do walk everyday.

Rhonda, you will have those pounds gone before you know it.

Nancy, thanks for the review. I'll pass too.

ontarget
11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Pam, I'm glad you're back into walking. I need to do the same. I will walk about half a mile while shooting this afternoon.

Speaking of this afternoon, my friend's running a little late.

nancy237
11-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I have been cleaning. I have a showing on Sunday so that is motivating me ..

Decided that my three main Nov goals are
1) sorting & purging more stuff
2) reading and brushing up on Speech stuff for returning to work
3)Family time with Son's surgery & holidays

also keeping house ready to show and trying to exercise & eat right...

The movie review may just be me..My cousin liked it..Maybe I was too
preoccupied to follow the plot..I hate for everyone to miss it because I
didn't care for it.. I tend to not like movies that require to much thought to figure out..
I am so busy figuring out my life , that I like for my movies to be
an entertaining escape from thinking LOL..

sloanie
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Working on statistics, Bible study, and Old Testament History homework. :dizzy:

Tejas
11-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm off to a First Friday event at a local art gallery. I've gone almost every one of these since I moved here. I take a Texas sheet cake and it's all the rage. I won't eat any because I had the most delicious blackberry cobbler at noon. That was my indulgence for the week; I've been doing well on the shakes.

I spent 2 hours this afternoon at a meeting related to the city's developing plan for 2030. It was interesting to hear what people think are the strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities in the town. There is a lot of agreement among the participants.

ontarget
11-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Nancy, don't worry. If we want to see it, we will. Your Nov. goals sound good.

I had wanted to weigh 175 by the first tournament. First tournament is here this weekend. I'm not at 175. Life goes on.

Sloan, you sound busy. Remember to hug yourself.

Rhonda, kudos for not eating any cake. I had a Vita Top muffin this afternoon. (But I had cake and pie last night.)

Vickie
11-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've been working hard here at the house. I'm still not completely on program. I must be waiting to hit the most very bottom on the bottoms!

Tejas
11-03-2012, 06:51 PM
I've done very well today about eating. I went to a church workshop on radical hospitality and I had only 2 gluten-free cookies. The rest of the lunch was very healthy.

I'm trying heat on my foot just to see if that does anything good. I was awakened in the middle of the night by a sharp pain in my toe that felt like I'd received an electric shock. I'm really tired of this :tantrum:

ontarget
11-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Rhonda, I am sorry you're having pain. You and Curtis are both having a hard time. And it's time for that to stop. Kudos on making healthy choices.

Vickie, you will get back on track when you're ready. I remember how well you can do. I miss reading about your CORE recipes.

We had a great time at the Women's Health Fair. Abby Riker is a wonderful inspiration. We sat on the 3rd row. Excellent seats. Wonderful motivation. Great day!

sloanie
11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Rhonda, maybe you could try a warm soak with some epsom salt if the doc is allowing you to get your foot wet. Sometimes moist heat is the best.

Tejas
11-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks Sloan--that is exactly what I'm going to do...the incision is long healed so water is no problem.

ontarget
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Rhonda, I hope the epsom salt helps.

We came home and took a long nap this afternoon. Last night we "retired" our mattress pad heater. Neither of us slept well without it, so we now have a new one ordered from Macy's. The heat helps with our arthritis. I usually sleep like a baby when my heater's on.

We had a late late lunch at Pappadeaux's after shooting. I did well except for sharing cheesecake with Curtis. (but it was worth the points) I'll probably have to look at that cheesecake as costing $13 because it will put me at least one more week paying for WW meetings. Life goes on. (And cheesecake is awesome!)

Tejas
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I had a bit too much to eat today also, but a few cookies instead of cheesecake.

I went to see my brother who is in a VA facility and has Alzheimer's...it was tough. He kept demanding that his daughter take him home. We won't be doing that.

Gee, I should have had cheesecake! :lol:

ontarget
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Rhonda, that had to hurt. I am so sorry. Like I've said before--it's so good your niece has you for support.

So far tonight I've had a frozen banana. Now I'm having some grapes.

mandydawn77
11-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did okay at the potluck. I tried to stick to fruit mostly, but I had some sweets, just tried to get very small pieces. It's hard for me to estimate the points, but I did my best. I took the kids to the movies yesterday and had popcorn with butter, so that was my dinner. I have used almost all of my weekly points, but today is day 7 so that's okay. I'm just really glad I didn't go over. My weight was 260 this morning. This wasn't a good week for me with Halloween candy and everything. It just makes me wonder how bad I'm going to do on Thanksgiving :( I need to have better self control. I think it was actually easier on Atkins when I wasn't allowing myself to have any carbs, except for low carb veggies. I didn't have that craving for them. Now that I'm back to eating carbs I find that I'm hungry more often and craving carbs/sugar. I just can't seem to be happy with just a little; I want more, more more. I'm not giving up on WW's. I just have to get my appetite under control. Portion control has been a big issue all my life. I have to stick with this and be a good example for my kids. I better get back to work. Have a great day everyone!

Tejas
11-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Mandy, THAT is the trouble with carbs and sugar...the more you have, the more you want. But, good carbs are good...nothing food about sugar, except the taste. :lol:

Yes, Sandra, my presence makes a big difference for my niece. I can joke with my brother, take some heat off my niece, talk to the staff, talk with my niece about the visit, etc. He has frontal lobe dementia, Alzheimers and is bi-polar....to say nothing of the fact that he has been a selfish, self-absorbed brute most of his life. Just amazing--he is handsome, charming and intelligent also..quite a mix.

Oh well, off to tap practice and foot torture! :dancer:

ontarget
11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Mandy, we're all fighting the carb battle with you. Some days I do well. Others I don't. Right now I'm not doing well. I know it won't help my husband, but I'm eating some cookies to help with his shoulder pain. See? I'm not very smart.

Rhonda, thank you for telling us about your brother. I know it's hard to deal with all the ups and downs. How was tap? Did your foot hold up all right?

I am upset right now. Curtis is having a lot of pain; he's even having chills with it. We go back to his orthopedist tomorrow. We're afraid we'll find out he'll have to have his shoulder redone.

nancy237
11-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Rhonda...I know that is so hard to handle..Glad you are there for your neice..
My aunt was a tormented woman her whole life and when she had dementia my cousin asked me so many times about certain behaviors .."do you think that is the dementia or just mom" She was mean to my cousin growing up and it was easier for my cousin to deal with the awful things she said to her if she thought it was the dementia..

Sandra..worried about Curtis too..let us know what they say tomorrow..It makes sense to me that cookies for you would help his pain..I am an enabler!!
I will have some for him too !!

Mandy...movie popcorn & butter is my weakness too...Was probably 45 before I ever did that, but now its mandatory...

I got an offer on the house today but it was way low..Truely a low ball...I want to take it off the market for the winter and focus on going to work, family time, and sorting the rest of my junk..
I like the idea of getting it looking great in the spring with lots flowers..I have sorta decided to rent when I do sell anyway so I am relaxed about it being next spring/summer...

Everyone go vote tomorrow...I have to have my lab work done at 7:30 am for a physical next week,
so I plan to go from there..

Tejas
11-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the warm thoughts about my brother.

Nancy, I'm sorry you didn't get a better offer, but I bet you will in the spring, and you've got a good plan.

Sandra, I am so sorry about Curtis. Chills? That's awful---I'm so sorry.

I've already voted, Nancy---we go early to avoid the crowds. I won't be around tomorrow. I leave early to be an alternate poll judge and we'll work all day. Then I'm going to an election watch party.

pam920
11-06-2012, 08:16 AM
morning chicks. I voted early too. We have rain, but not suppose to last all day.

Sandra, so sorry about Curtis. Keep us updated. I never knew eating cookies was good for pain. I'll have to remember that.

Nancy, I thnk your plan is good. I'm sure your house looks gorgeous in the spring with all the flowers blooming, etc. It's gorgeous now.

Rhonda, have fun today. We will be glued to our tv watching. Your niece is lucky to have you.

Mandy, I went on the south beach diet and broke my addiction to carbs. I've done WW and other diets since then, but I was able to control the sugar and bad carbs. It's a lot like Core. Good luck with WI.

ontarget
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
We voted early, too.

Glad to be able to share the knowledge about cookie power. :lol: We're up this morning and are about ready to go to the doctor. I think Curtis slept better last night, but that was probably due to oxycottin. (sp) He's still in pain this morning but won't take any meds till after the doctor visit.

I'm back on track this morning. I hope I can stay that way. I didn't go to WW but did wi. I have a small loss. That's encouraging.

Rhonda, my mother was bi-polar. I was the one she'd attack (verbally). She could be the sweetest lady and she could be tough and rough, too. How's your foot? Did it hold up well after tap?

Pam, we got some rain last weekend but could use more. You're lucky to have broken your addiction to carbs. I had hoped my abstinance from sugar would do that, but it didn't. I'm still hooked. I should probably make another commitment but not right now.

Nancy, spring is a much better time for selling property. We sold ours while our place was covered with roses. I remember spreading petals on the sidewalk for our realtor after it sold. She had told someone we had everything staged except rose petals leading to the door, so I took care of that. :lol:

Vickie, is your sister's birthday here yet? I love reading about your family gatherings. How's program? My friend that is doing old CORE has dropped 59 lbs since January. She's doing amazingly well. I need some of her "to it."

Mandy, were you able to dust off and start over? I'm doing that today. Wish us both luck and success.

Sloan and Maryann, I guess ya'll are busy. Hope you're having a good week.

mandydawn77
11-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm trying hard to get back on track and stay there, but even if I eat something that isn't too healthy I always count the points. Today is a fresh week (for my WW points) and I'm planning on making healthier choices this week. I bought lots of fruit and some vegetables to snack on. I really want to get to 250 by the end of the month. I rode to work with a friend this morning and she stopped at starbucks and I haven't been there in a long time so I got a tall skinny peppermint mocha (2 pts) and it is such a treat. I sure can't tell that it's made with sugar free syrup and fat free milk, but they say it is. I don't plan on making it a habit, but it's good.

Sandra - Hope all goes well with your husband's doctor appt. today.

Hope everyone has a good day. :D

beach bum
11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Went to Mass and than out to VOTE. The place was crowded,as in Ma we have QUESTION 2 [[Assisted Physicians Suicide]] to vote for ,but of course I voted NO!!! as its against my religion.

I decided to go ahead with The green bean casserole and instead of putting mushroom soup in it I'm going to put chicken soup in instead along with cubed chicken That I get from the deli.

Otherwise nothing new,I didn't go to the movie this weekend as Mary went out with her late DH's cousins,so I stayed home reading a book. Tomorrow we Rita & I were suppose to go out to our weekly restaurant,but now we are expecting a Nor'easter with high winds and Thursday I have an appointment with the hairdresser so I can get my passport renewed.

RHONDA-Thanks for he pages, I didn't have one trick and treater at my house at all on Halloween so I decided to give the left over candy to the mothers at the bus top in front of my complex. Sorry about your foot,hope it better by now.

MANDY=:welcome: to the thread,sorry I wasn't here when all the others greeted you. I'm found if I don't have the goodies in the house I won't be tempted. I used to be on WW core and the flex but the two programs didn't help me ,so my leader told me to find a weight loss program that did. I'm now on low carbs with fasting on two days with only Atkins shake for my meals those days,so far it working.

NANCY-Didn't see any reviews on Cloud Atlas at my theater,but we are going to have a problem if the owner of the theater doesn't get 4 digital cameras for his 4 rooms as the films are now coming in digital,and told us if hes doesn't get the money for this new cameras he has to close down. That's going to be upsetting to my friend Mary and I as we have to go to another town to see the movies.

PAM-Good for you walking I haven't since it gotten colder.I really should though. It just laziness I think,hope to start my routine soon.

SLOAN-It was easy to reading the new testament but the old I keep on putting it off as it so hard to read with all the names that they throw at you pages after page.

SANDRA-I'm still here ,just had a busy week and weekend after Hurricane Sandy. My sister still didn't get here her power back on and now there another possible storm heading our way tomorrow with winds starting at 40 MPH and than higher as the storm precedes. I might not be going to NY for the Thanksgiving holiday as it depends if this storm hits NY as bad as Sandy did.

Have a great day going to start my dinner.

ontarget
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Maryann, I hope your new storm is easier on everyone and you get to go to NY for Thanksgiving.

Curtis is scheduled for another shoulder replacement this Monday. His doctor is calling the last one "failed." The new socket came loose. Curtis is in a lot of pain.

My eating's been bad. Tomorrow I'm starting over.

sloanie
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Sandra, I am so very sorry about Curtis! I will be praying that this surgery is a success. I know you are both frustrated. Hang in there, and keep us posted!!

Maryann, there is a very good preacher who has a four part series on the internet in which he does a survey of the Old Testament. It is very interesting and really pulls all the books together and shows how all of the books of the OT were actually pointing to Jesus. His name is David Platt if you are interested in listening to him.

nancy237
11-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Youngest son has the flu and he has had a bad pneumonia recently so that worries me ..I remind him about the flu shot but he still doesn't get one..He's on tamiflu, so that is good

A dear friend got mamogram results today of a mass in breast..We have been friends since childhood because our parents were all very close..She will get followup in a few days ..Praying it is not serious..She will have first grandchild born at end of this month..

Sloan..that OT series sounds interesting..thanks..

I am doing so much better about not worrying and stressing now that I am
doing my bible study and prayers..I feel like I have my balance back..

Mandy...I will have to try the skinny peppermint mocha..sounds good

Maryann...Hope they get that digital camera at your theater..I enjoy my local theater too..I have learned to go by myself without much thought..

Sandra..Monday is fast...hoping it feels better soon after surgery..How long ago was his last one. My son is having shoulder surgery Friday , but not as involved as Curtis'

Pam..South Beach sounds healthy..

I want to have a eating routine I stick too, like protein smoothies for breakfast, soup for lunch , salads for dinner..then do variations..
I think a meal routine would help me..
Has anyone had something simple that worked that they always did for breakfast or lunches..

ontarget
11-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Nancy, he had his right shoulder re-replaced mid-July, so it hasn't been long at all. I'm sorry your son has the flu.

Sloan, we're just ready to get this overwith. But yes, it is frustrating. We've been having a pity party the last 2 days. Both of us are going to get back to eating healthy tomorrow.

Tejas
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Sandra :hug:

I am so sorry about Curtis's shoulder. Hang in there....

I'll write more tomorrow....working the poll was exhausting. We had over 1200 voters. My foot is killing me :( Drugs!!

I'm watching a bit more about the election, then going to sleep :yawn:

ontarget
11-07-2012, 10:58 AM
We walked 2 loops around the field this morning. That's about 2/3 mile. My friend is coming to shoot after lunch. We'll walk about that same amount then. Curtis' spirits are pretty good today. He's just ready to be pain free. Also, he's even having trouble picking up a glass of water with his right arm. Sad. But he'll be good as new after a short while.

beach bum
11-07-2012, 11:35 AM

Well Our Assistant Suicide amendment didn't go through TG.Now all those political phone calls will cease. They were so annoying.

Going out with Rita for our weekly Lunch. Its a new restaurant in town,so wish us luck they have good food.

SANDRA-Thanks,I just got a e mail from my cousin that lives in LI NY and she told me that they really got it bad there I hope that all will be good before I get my train tickets for the trip.Sorry about Curtis having such problems with his shoulder replacement. Going on My prayer list for your DH Curtis

SLOAN=Thanks, I have to look and see if I can find him[David Platt] on the Christian channels. As I really like to read the old testament,but if I can find someone that will help me get through it that will be fine.

NANCY-So sorry to hear about your son having the flu + pneumonia a double whammy. Praying that he get better soon. If the theater only got 1 or 2 cameras, that wouldn't be bad, as we could get good movies in the two rooms and the low budget ones in the other two rooms. This way we would be getting the decent movies we would like to see.

Have a great day

Tejas
11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Rest, rest, rest is on my agenda today. I might take a yoga class this afternoon, but even that might be too much LOL

I was good yesterday with food while working the polls, but at the party I had a burger, sweet potato fries and a beer---and loved every morsel. :dance: Today, back to 2 shakes and a meal each day. I haven't weighed myself but my clothes are looser.

DH is sick with some bug, but is improving.

Nancy, I hope your son improves quickly.

I am NOT complaining about anything anyone here says about religion, but I wonder why 3FC thinks that is OK, but politics is not? Anyway, write away--I really do enjoy knowing what people think and why they think it. I hope when I die that if I'm in a great deal of pain no one will worry that giving me LOTS of drugs would get them into trouble of any kind. Bring on the morphine!! I'm a Unitarian Universalist who was reared as a Methodist and left that denomination over issues of racism in the 60's.

Vickie
11-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm exhausted. I stayed up until 1:30 watching the election. I'm ashamed to say I haven't been up long. I guess I crashed after all the nervous energy.

Sandra, I am SO SO sorry to hear that Curtis needs another surgery. It's just not fair. I'll be praying for him and thinking good thoughts.

Rhonda, sorry your foot hurts. Mine heel does too whenever I try to push it too much. It stinks.

My eating is marginal but not as bad as it was or could be. Not sure what today will bring!

Light and love to all of you.

nancy237
11-07-2012, 04:29 PM
I have great news..

My friends breast mass seems to be cysts..They are just going to recheck in 6 months..Whew...

Did't mean that son has pneumonia now (just the flu), but having had it in the last few years makes him more susceptable the Dr said. Son said he is doing better today so that is great news too.

Had a showing this morning and haven't been very productive the rest of the day. I have been tired lately and just unmotivated..

Pam..did you say you had done South Beach..How was that?? I need to do something..It seems the more I try to worse I eat..

ontarget
11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Nancy, that's good news about your friend. When will you find out how the showing went?

Rhonda, I'm glad you're getting some rest. I hope Doyle is feeling better. Does he have allergy problems?

Vickie, I'm taking it one day at a time, too. And I'd say "marginal" would describe how I'm doing, too. Today's been pretty good so far. I'm thinking of having a frozen banana in a few minutes.

Curtis is in good spirits considering. He's keeping his arm in a sling. That seems to help.

Tejas
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Nancy....great news about your friend!!

I didn't make it to yoga :lol:

ontarget
11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Rhonda, I haven't done much today either. Sometimes it's good to just be retired, isn't it?

pam920
11-07-2012, 09:33 PM
hi chicks.

I read everything and hope I can remember it all.

Sandra, so sorry about Curtis needing another surgery. My sis had both her shoulders done (rotator cuff). Hope this one works for him

Nancy, hope your boy is okay. We mothers worry, no matter what the age. Great news on your friend. I did SBD and lost 40 lbs. I still try to eat that way although I'm not always successful in sticking with it. You lose belly fat because you are eating healthy carbs. It's based on the glycemic index. It's a very healthy way to eat and I was never hungry. I really should get back to the basics.

Vickie, I fell asleep but work up to the acceptance speech. I'm tired today too.

Maryann, hope you can go to NY for Thanksgiving. Did your daughter fare okay?

Rhonda, you deserved that burger. Great that your clothes are looser. Wish I could say that.

We are walking everyday. The fronts of my thighs are killing me. Almost feel bruised. It's not from walking, as we've been doing it for a week now and they didn't hurt yesterday. My throat on right side has hurt since we left KY over a week ago. Just a low grade pain. I hate all these aches and pains.

Hi sloan. Have things settled down for you?

Tejas
11-07-2012, 10:03 PM
DH has fever of 102 and is in bed. It's not allergies--it's more like the 'flu. I think I'll sleep in the guest room :lol:

The Glycemic index approach does work--I lost the first pounds that way and should just stick to it!

ontarget
11-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Pam, sorry about the aches and pains. It's heck getting more mature, isn't it? This will be Curtis' 3rd new shoulder on his right side. He still has his 1st replacement on his left side.

Rhonda, be sure to keep an eye on Doyle. And you stay well, too.

Curtis has been getting phone calls and e's from many many friends in support of his upcoming surgery. This is really helping his spirits. Our eating is still questionable. Life goes on. Speaking of which, I gave a good friend a copy of the old CORE. She's lost over 60 lbs since the first of the year. Now we know my problem is not that I do not know what to do. Again--life goes on.

nancy237
11-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Sandra..The showing feedback said the person wasn't ready to make a decision..Liked the house.

I am ready to take it off the market and enjoy the holidays & winter..
Realtor is talking me into another week or so..I had told her when we first
started talking that if I listed this fall at all that it would just be up til Thanksgiving. I feel glad to have a break, get other stuff done & enjoy that hottub this winter..With everything done here on the house I am getting that rest I needed..

Rhonda..sorry about Doyle being sick..That stinks..

Pam...thanks for the SBeach info..I started eating sorta SB today..
Will try shakes with Almond Milk for breakfast, salad for lunch, and various
recipes for dinner..I need to walk like you are doing..

sloanie
11-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Hey to all you chickies! Sounds like everyone has some kind of concern hanging over their heads :(
Sandra: still praying for you and Curtis
Nancy: glad you are focusing on resting. Hope your son is feeling better!
Rhonda: sleeping in the guest room sounds like a good idea. Hope Doyle is better today!
Maryann: Hope your dd's family is okay and you get to visit for Thanksgiving.
Pam: sorry you are feeling yukky! Getting "mature" is the pits!
Vickie: hope you and Jim are well. How is he doing?

I am still working on both classes, prepping for the bridal shower I am co-hosting, doing Bible study, and being a teacher. I hate to wish my life away, but I am really looking forward to all of this being done. After December 8, I am officially taking a break!

I do have to give "props" to dh. He has really stepped up by doing house work. It has really helped a lot!

Have a happy day, y'all!

ontarget
11-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Sloan, you're right.

Hopefully, all will settle down for everybody here and we can get on with making healthy choices. Oops! I know. We should be making healthy choices anyway and some are. I confess I've been having things I shouldn't and need to get back on track.

beach bum
11-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Oh my!!! The wind is wild up here, all night long I heard the wind pounding my side wall of the house gave me a lack of sleep and last night felt like my house foundation shook. Because of the wild winds I didn't make the rosary but I did get to Mass this morning as the winds died down. This afternoon I have to have my haircut, along with a blow dry but I think I'll forget the latter,as why have it styled if the winds will just mess it up.

RITA and I went to a new restaurant but even though the prices were good they food was terrible. Rita had to bring back her French Fries as the were burnt and the second punch was limp. My chicken was over cooked,so after leaving the restaurant we went across the street to Dunkin Donuts. Didn't W-I this morning.

RHONDA-I brought 2 =4 packs of protein drinks but have used them this week I'm on Bread and water fast to see if the carbs are better than
protein to stay focused on my weight loss so far it just the same. I found a surprise in my closet my black leather jacket that Leo bought be 4 year so start to fit tight and than it didn't fit but now the buttons close again so I along with you have lost inches.

NANCY-That wonderful news about your friend. That must have been a scary situation. I used to eat froz bananas years ago when doing WW,but I put chocolate on them before freezing. You got my hungry I have to go out and buy bananas again after this storm ceases. Happy to hear that your son just has the flu now,I thought it was the flu along with Pneumonia

PAM-Thanks,I hope that all this weather stops so I will be able to travel to NY on TG. She seems to be doing OK,as I haven't heard any different since last week.

SLOAN-Thanks,I hope that I will be there with my family as I haven't seen them since Easter.

Have a great day

pluckypear
11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi. I am on WW and really want to shift to simply filling. I want to eat more healthy foods and take the focus off of counting so much. I hope you don't mind me hi jacking this thread to learn more.

ontarget
11-08-2012, 02:50 PM
:welcome2: Pluckybear. It's so good to have you here. Rhonda used to live in Toronto, too. Congratulations on losing 21 lbs. That's good. I have officially (WW) lost almost 10 lbs but unofficially I am down about 50 from my highest weight. Read a couple of my posts back about a gf who has lost over 60 lbs doing old CORE since the first of the year. That's almost SF. She's loving it and is just breezing right along. (That's another reason I'm thinking of doing SF again.)

I have been counting points but am thinking of shifting back to Simply Filling. You're motivating me to do so. I will start Monday (even though that my husband's surgery day). If I don't, I'm afraid I'll hit the snack machines pretty hard. I'm planning to take fruit with me to the hospital. That should help. Also, there's a Subway just a few blocks away.

Maryann, I got my hair cut today, too. I got me some cute bangs and my stylist put my hair in an adorable braid.

Rhonda, tell Doyle I look a lot like our Aunt Ruth who was an old settler in the Yuma Desert. But I don't think she had bangs. Well, actually, her hair was a LOT longer than mine. Maybe I don't look like her afterall. :lol:

Our new heated mattress pad came today. Hallelujah! It will help tremendously with our arthritis. Our old one went on the fritz recently and we've been waiting on this one to arrive from Wisconsin. Okay, so I'm ready to go to bed tonight and saw me some logs.:yawn:

Tejas
11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Welcome Pluckybear...as Sandra said I was in Toronto--until Dec '09

I think I'm getting the cold!

We're watching Stephen Spielberg talk about horror films...oohhh....he's good..I'm scared!! He's talking about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre--which I've never seen....he's explaining that most of it was suggestion, you don't really see much. He said that A Nightmare on Elm Street was "genius" because the nightmare doesn't go away but follows you....hmm, a lot like fat! :lol:

I got a haircut today too, Sandra. It's short, short, short!!

ontarget
11-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Rhonda, I'll bet your "do" is cute and perky. I have mind in several braids now while it's drying. This supposed to make it wavy. I'm excited to see if it works. :yikes:

Tejas
11-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Good luck with the waves, Sandra. I hate having long hair as I age so that's why it's about 1 inch long now! :lol:

Nancy, I'm sorry you got low-balled. But, snuggling in for the winter sounds good too.

Maryann, I hope you can wear your jacket. I'm glad to hear that you didn't get blown away!!

I haven't lost any weight, but I do feel better and the clothes are looser...funny that. I was sure I had DH's cold but don't feel badly today-maybe I'm fighting it off. I hope so because I'm supposed to be at a crafts fair all day tomorrow.

Sloan, I'm hoping for your break to be refreshing.

I'm listening to CNN's report on the voting mess in Florida, especially Miami. Wow. Those are some dedicated voters...good for them.

beach bum
11-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Sun is shinning the winds are gone. I got out to the bank and now this evening I will have my hair cut at 4PM.So all is fine,wish it was that way with my DD. She has 13 " of snow on top of Hurricane Sandy's damage on her property. Two trees one in the pool and the other that cracker her outdoor wall to her master bedroom.NEED SOME PRAYERS Now she tells me that my 10 yr old GD has to go to the hospital for her tonsils and adenoids to be removed,as she having sleep apnea and my DD has to stay with her while she sleep to make sure she doesn't fall in to trouble with her breathing. She will let me know today what the doctor says.

SANDRA- I wish I could but my hair in a braid but I has such thick and curly hair it would never hold. I'm going to have my hair cut & styled[short] as I can't managed anymore. Even tho its going to get cold I still can were a scarf or at hat.

PLUCKY PEAR=:welcome: to the thread congrats on your 21 lb loss. I not on the WW program either I'm counting calories and carbs in order to lose my weight.

RHONDA-Hoping that I will lose more so I will have room to put a sweater under the coat if it gets colder.

Have a great day

ontarget
11-09-2012, 01:34 PM
I am loving my hair. I wore it down today when I went to town. Now I have it in a ponytail for home. The technician gave me some ideas on ways to fix it. Sort of reminds me of when I had a Toni doll back in the 50's. I used to play with its hair all the time. :lol:

We had Subway for lunch. I'm feeling good about the way I'm eating now. My detour is over for a bit.

Rhonda, I'm glad you don't have a cold and will get to go to the craft fair.

Maryann, that's sad about your dd and her family. I am sending them positive thoughts.

We're going to a tournament tomorrow. Most likely this will be our last one till after Thanksgiving holidays. Of course, Curtis isn't shooting. He probably won't get to compete this season.

pam920
11-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Maryann, so sorry about your daughters home. My grandson had the same problem and it was so bad it was affecting his hearing. He had tonsils and adenoids out and it was like a miracle. He could hear again. He was around 4 and it was impairing his speech too, as he couldn't hear what or how we pronounced words. She is young so should be fine in a few days.

Sandra, is your hair long? I thought you had short hair. I'm like Rhonda, My hair is pretty short except for a little longer on top. Good luck in tournament.

Rhonda, it is very sad about Miami area. Some people were still standing in line to vote as Obama gave his victory speech. That is just not right. I would love to attend a craft fair. Have no idea what they sell there these days.

My legs are still hurting and my back too. I keep using my aspercreme at night, when it seems to hurt the worst. We are still walking and just need to get the diet part right and maybe I could lose a few pounds.

Welcome Plucky Pear. Hope you stay and post with us.

Have a good evening.

ontarget
11-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Pam, my hair's not very long but for me it's long. I've had short hair most of my life.

I'm going back to the tournament with a gf tomorrow. Curtis will be staying home. This is fairly unusual for us. We hardly ever do tournaments separately even if only one of us is shooting. But he's wanting to stay home tomorrow and I'm wanting to shoot again. He has a lot of last minute things to do before surgery Monday.

nancy237
11-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I had my daughters family and both boys here today.. Sure is nice when family is home !! Son is doing fine with his shoulder , some pain but not too bad with the pain meds..
Funny thing..I slept downstairs on a couch last night because he wanted to sleep on a couch following surgery & I wanted to be near in case he needed me. I slept better than I have all year..Slept sound, didn't wake alot & felt rested this morning..I may have to try the couch again.. I wonder if it was darker, cooler or what the difference was..I know my cat has been waking me alot lately and didn't last night..

Pam..with all your aches it made me wonder if you have ever tried the wheat
elimination to see if it could be a wheat intolerance..I has so achy that I could hardly walk across the room when I first stood up. Everything hurt..My doctor told me to try cutting out wheat and it was amazing the difference.
Now I have some wheat occasionally but can always tell that I have eaten some afterwards..

Maryann...That is awful about your daughters home.. Glad they weren't hurt.
Did you get the Dr's input about your granddaughter ??

Sandra.. Monday is coming soon, Best wishes !!

Rhonda..Is Doyle feeling better ??

pam920
11-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Nancy, I never thought of wheat being the problem. I am really hurting and it's all over. I noticed my thighs hurting and now my back is really bad, along with my ankles. My throat on just the right side has been hurting for a couple weeks, but that could be sinus. I am going to eliminate wheat, oats, barley and rye and see if things improve.

Glad you were able to get a good rest on the couch.

Off to get some groceries.

ontarget
11-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I went to the tournament today and shot using my longbow. We had fun, but it was good to get back home. Curtis and I are just "chilling". We have to be at the hospital by 10:30 in the AM. Nervous....

Nancy, that's interesting about your sleeping well on the couch. Do you think it could have been because your son was nearby?

Pam, I hope you can get some pain relief from cutting out wheat, etc... Let us know if it works.

We're watching football now. Beautiful day.

nancy237
11-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Nancy, that's interesting about your sleeping well on the couch. Do you think it could have been because your son was nearby?

Might have been .. Also the relief of having my son's surgery over with..
But I may try the couch if I can't sleep to see if it helps..

ontarget
11-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Nancy, I hope it works and you can get some rest.

pam920
11-11-2012, 08:36 PM
best to Curtis tomorrow. I bet you were missing him with you today.

I didnt make it through the day without wheat. I took some tylenol and it has eased the pain, but I think I'm due for another dose. Someone told me they sell tylenol arthritis. I might look for that.

We walked twice today. I know it's best to keep moving, so I'm trying.

ontarget
11-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I have heard of that, Pam. Let me know how it helps. I take Meloxicam daily for arthritis. You're right. I definitely missed Curtis today.

Tejas
11-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you got a good rest. I find that sometimes I just sleep in another spot, I sleep better. Don't know what that is about.

Pam, I'm sorry you're hurting. What on earth could it be??

Doyle is better. I seem to be fighting something off---I slept for 3 hours in the middle of the day today.

I have not been losing weight and feel bloated. I realized that the new protein powder has soy in it, then I remembered that a nutritionist told me to avoid soy because it produces estrogen----ya' think that could cause the hot flashes I've been having?! :lol: I think I'll just have Greek yogurt and almond milk with fruit as my protein shake from now on. How could I forget what she told me!!!

Sandra, good luck to Curtis tomorrow.

nancy237
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Pam..should you have your dr run some blood work to rule out things ..Have you had any tick bites ??

pam920
11-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Rhonda, you got Doyle better, now you are going to get sick. I dont have hot flashes much, but do have night sweats. Hope you feel better soon.

Nancy, no tick bites. I think it's just arthritis. I've never had it flare up like that before. I get the normal aches and pains, and especially when rain is in the forecast. Guess I'm just getting old and with it comes pain. I have OA in my knees, back and ankles. If this keeps up for much longer, I will have to find a dr. here and see what is going on.

Time for bed. Have a good night.

Tejas
11-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Pam, I hope you find some relief.

It's getting cold tonight, not quite freezing yet but cold. It's 42 right now. I brought the plants in to the screened-in porch where we put plastic sheets up on the screens.

nancy237
11-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Just got back from my yearly physical..

My cholesterol/ triglyceride numbers are lots worse than they have been..
I haven't been great about taking my Crestor but he said the triglyceride numbers would not be from that..

Time to get better about exercise, diet & taking my meds..

Vickie
11-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Pam....hope you feel better soon.

Sandra, I'm praying for you and Curtis.

Tejas
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Nancy, I'm sorry to read that your blood work was disappointing....

I hope we hear about Curtis tonight.

Pam, are you feeling any better?

I've been very good with food today. I hope I can keep that up. I just ate a Yoplait Greek yogurt, black cherry, 100 calories..and it was very good. :yes:

pam920
11-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi chicks.

Coming in to check on Curtis. Hope things went well.

Thanks Vickie.

Nancy, I didnt exercise all summer but my numbers stayed good. Are your high or just higher than your last lab work?

Rhonda, I feel much better today. Still stiff with aches, but that is normal. The bad pain is gone. We were suppose to get rain today. I think that may have something to do with it. The pressure in the air sometimes plays havoc with my joints.

Still walking everyday. I'm getting so much better up the hills. When we first started, I had to stop half way up and then at the top to catch my breath. Now I'm able to climb the hill without slowing down and only slightly short of breath. It really feels good to be back to walking.

Have a good evening and hope we get some news on Curtis.

Tejas
11-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Pam, glad to hear you are better...and, that's great progress on the walking.

nancy237
11-12-2012, 11:14 PM
I checked in to see about Curtis too..

Pam..they were pretty high, I will check the numbers tomorrow and post them..

I have a showing tomorrow and that might be the last one..I want it off the market by next week..Also going to see a cute house tomorrow, but I wouldn't buy it unless mine sells..

Tejas
11-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Sandra, we need to hear from you.

sloanie
11-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Sandra posted this on Facebook 2 hours ago:
We are home from the hospital after Curtis' surgery yesterday. The doctor said there was a lot of inflammation and he suspected infection, so he wasn't able to complete the shoulder replacement the way he wanted. We are home now treating Curtis for infection and are waiting on lab results. All results won't be in for 2 weeks. After that we'll know more about what is going to happen next. Curtis is in good spirits and is being an exceptionally good patient. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

Sandra, I am praying for you and Curtis. Hang in there!

ontarget
11-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Thank you all for asking about Curtis, and thank you Sloan for posting that for me. The doctor said he didn't actually see any puss but he saw a lot of inflammation and liquid in the joint area. That made him think there could be infection. He's treating Curtis as if he does have infection until we hear for sure. He removed the dislocated socket and cement as well as some bone spurs and cleaned the area but couldn't put in any new materials. If there is infection, it would get worse if he did.

Curtis isn't in pain; the block they gave him prior to surgery is still working. After it wears off, he has plenty of meds to take. He's also taking antibiotics. Please keep him in your prayers that he doesn't have infection. Things could get really rough if he does. All the lab work should be back to the doctor in 2 weeks. We have an appointment the 29th.

Tejas
11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Sandra, oh boy, what takes two weeks to find?!

i certainly do hope he finds relief and a cure for whatever this is. I'm glad he's not in pain and has drugs....AND is in good spirits. That's gonna change :lol:

pam920
11-13-2012, 09:24 PM
ditto what Rhonda said. This is going to be a long 2 wks. So happy he is not in pain.

Tejas
11-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning everyone!

Ready for another day of doing what's good for you? :carrot:

Tejas
11-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Started my day with a protein shake made of pasteurized egg whites, Greek yogurt, almond milk, frozen mixed berries and 1/2 frozen banana. Delicious.

ontarget
11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
I have been sort of out of it. I apologize for not getting here sooner yesterday. I thought I had already been here and posted. Thank you again, Sloan, for posting for me.

The doctor is making sure he doesn't have a low grade strep infection in the shoulder joint. If he does, then we have a lot of problems. If he doesn't, then we'll probably just leave his shoulder the way it is now. That means no socket. He didn't have a socket from 2000 to this past July, so we've been through that before and basically know what to expect.

Pam, I'm sorry for your pain. Have you tried drinking dill pickle juice? I heard that helps. Also, we sleep on a heated mattress pad. We don't have to have the heat on all the time, but it's there when we need it. We even use it here in Texas during the summer.

Rhonda, Curtis scared me last night giving me a world of compliments on the roses and how pretty they look and how he appreciated what I have done to make the place look better. Now wouldn't that scare you? :lol: I'm ready for him to be back to normal.

Tejas
11-14-2012, 12:17 PM
That's very scary Sandra...drugs are great,keep on peddling them to Curtis! :lol:

I didn't realize that he had no socket for so long...how does that work?

Pickle juice will have a lot of sodium in it.....so, pay attention to that part of it.

I've been organizing all my craft materials today...what a lot of stuff I have to produce stuff that doesn't sell at craft fairs!! Who wants a necklace? ;)

We are down to the wire here in Denton about our new ordinance on gas drilling..I'm working like a dog on this, as are many others.

ontarget
11-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Curtis isn't using pickle juice; we just heard about it. Without the socket he doesn't have as good a range of motion as most people, but it's doable.

I'll take a necklace any time. Love you!

nancy237
11-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Sandra..That is such a disappointment to not have the surgery go as planned.
Long 2 weeks to wait on results..Sounds like he has good drugs !!

I found a house yesterday that I fell in love with. I like it so much I am considering buying it before mine sells. If mine doesn't sell by summer I could
rent the other house out until I sell mine..
That is scary, but it is a perfect house for me , awesome kitchen,bonus room, 2 car garage, walk up attic, on a cul-de-sac and in the neighborhood I like. The price is great too.

What to do , what to do ???

I had 2 showings today but haven't heard any feedback yet..

ontarget
11-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Nancy, let us know what you decide. Good luck.

Tejas
11-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Oh my Nancy! I can't keep up!! :lol: Good luck with that girl.

What color necklace do you want Sandra?

ontarget
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Rhonda, you are so sweet. What do you suggest? Turquoise? Whatever you think. And let me know how much?

My gf is coming in a few. Curtis wants me to go to the tournament in Grand Prairie Sunday. We'll see.

nancy237
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Oh my Nancy! I can't keep up!! :lol: Good luck with that girl.

Ha Ha...I can't keep up either..
I decided this morning that even though I hate to let that house sell to someone else, that it's not wise to get ahead of myself and buy before selling..

Then 2 hours later my realtor called to say a person that saw it yesterday has it on their top 3 houses list and will be deciding after seeing a few more houses..

I have a feeling this rollercoaster won't stop until I close on something and have the keys in my hands..

Tejas
11-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Nancy, I know that I could not buy before selling...I'd be an absolute nervous wreck.

Turquoise it is, Sandra.....what length do you want. Cost? Family discount--100%.

pam920
11-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Hello chickies.

Did our walk this morning and then I went to my sisters to paint a bedroom. I ended up painting ceiling, all walls, and most of the trim. My sis moaned and groaned the whole time. I told her she is starting to sound like a hypochondriac. She complains about her COPD and continues to smoke. Then says, I don't know about this paint, i'm not suppose to be around these smells with my COPD. I told her it was odorless and she's not suppose to smoke, and still does, so what does it matter. She was starting to get on my last nerve. Ok, rant over.

Sandra, I didnt' know you could function without a socket and hope it's not an infection.

Rhonda, I have never tried jewelry making. I have done just about every other craft. Did you ever try esty?

Nancy, my head is spinning too. I would be afraid to buy before selling, but that's me. If you can afford it, and feel comfortable with that decision, I guess you just do it.

ontarget
11-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow! Rhonda, I love that family discount. You are definitely my favorite cousin. Well, you were, anyway. I don't know what length. I guess make it the length you would like. Hmmmmmm? I may buy a whole outfit to go with this. Won't that be fun!!

Rhonda, how are you and Doyle? Are ya'll feeling better?

Nancy, I hope your home sells and you can get the one you're liking. It'll be good when all settles down for you. Take some deep breaths.

Pam, sounds like you and your sister had a stressful day. It's good you like to paint. Your sister might be another color otherwise.

It's been a good day. We met a friend for lunch today. It was good for Curtis to get out. He's getting around amazingly well since he just had surgery Monday. He's taking his antibiotics as prescribed, but we're still praying he doesn't have infection.

nancy237
11-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Glad to hear about Curtis getting out some...

Pam..Sounds like she was on your nerves bad..that can happen for sure..
My cousin and I are like sisters but we can rub each other wrong at times..

I watched the video of Chris Powell's diet plan..He says if we alternate high carb days & low carb days our body burns more fat. He recommends a 7 day cycle with the 7th day being a cheat day (with rules)
His high carb day seems to be low fat also..

I may try it..Nothing else is working..
He says to eat within 30 minutes of getting up and every 3 hours after that.
Low carb day has some carbs in first meal of day..

I decided to slow down and stick to my plan to sell first.. I loved that house so much that it was tempting but 2 houses would be too much to maintain..