Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 10:08 PM   #1  
Losing Again!

Default Small Victories--List Yours Here!

The road to losses of 100 pounds and more is long. I for one believe we need to celebrate all the small things that add up to that...the little things that happen from day to day that keep us motivated to get to goal.

So, what small victories have you had lately?
Old 04-21-2003, 10:12 PM   #2  
Losing Again!

So today, I walked to Weight Watchers (about a mile each way), and my inner thighs weren't all rubbed raw--even though I wore shorts. (I did the same thing three weeks ago, and was in pain!)

On our little ski trip, I was sitting on Justin's lap for just a few minutes and he told my my butt is getting bony. Me? I told him thanks, but he joking. He said no seriously, I've never noticed a bone in there before.

I walked a 16 minute mile last week. Am going to try for a 15er this week.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Nice topic!

Over a week's worth of 4 point days.
Fitting into clothes I couldn't fit into before.
Looking forward to getting up to go to aerobics.
Having more leftover seatbelt when I go on an airplane.
Choosing a restaurant where I knew the point values and choosing a low-point option. (Actually, that was a darn big victory!)
Old 04-21-2003, 10:56 PM   #4  

Saying 'no' to my husband just now when he offered me a margarita!
Old 04-21-2003, 10:58 PM   #5  

Not having to worry about fitting behind the steering wheel or in a restaurant booth, actually being able to wear jeans instead of stretch pants, being able to ride the recumbent for 30 minutes with an average speed of 15 MPH instead of just 8 MPH, not having to buy the biggest size I can find in the plus size section.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #6  

Great topic!

Finding myself repulsed at the thought of fast food; putting away my winter clothing and realizing I might as well just get rid of them since they are too big; having a period without drugs (I have PCOS); ENERGY!; WANTING badly to get in my exercise because I enjoy it; those cute khaki capris that didn't fit a month ago!

Peace,
Paula
Old 04-22-2003, 12:08 AM   #7  
Losing Again!

I had my weekly trying on of the jeans...Old Navy 20's are the current trial pair. And I got them on, buttoned and zipped. Plain old 20's, not womens. I hear Old Navy runs big, but who cares! Might be able to wear them in public in another 15 pounds.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:13 AM   #8  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

People noticing this week that I've lost weight ~ even though I had planned to keep it a secret as long as possible!

Feeling thinner, more confident about myself since losing 14 pounds, a huge deal for me since I thought I didn't have it in me anymore.

People telling me that they can tell I've lost weight in my face.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:03 AM   #9  

great topic idea!

Right now for me, I'm just thrilled to be able to wear my engagement ring again. My weddingband is still a little tight because it is wider but I'll get to wear it eventually.

The best thing that has happened, even tho it's not really a victory, was when my dh told me (in front of his whole family!) that he was proud of me and the job I am doing with my weight loss!! I almost fainted!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 12:19 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Having a very healthy Easter dinner.
Going for 2 mile walks a few times a week.
Starting to feel my thighs getting smaller.
Only eating 1 piece of candy on Easter Sunday.
Walking right past the Cadbury Mini Eggs, even though they were 2/88 cents.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:20 PM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I have had two excellent gym workouts since Saturday. I feel SO STRONG!
Old 04-22-2003, 12:33 PM   #12  

mthrgoos68: I'm with you on the steering wheel, restaurant booths, and jeans.... It feels so very good to not have to worry about those things anymore!

My most recent and amazing (to me) experience is having my much thinner and in shape BF make a comment about having to run to keep up with me in the store because I was walking too fast, lol. Me ... the one that always lagged behind everyone else because I couldn't catch my breath. It made me happy and made me notice how much more energy I have since I started walking regularly.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:14 PM   #13  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

well i reaced the 100lb goal but still looking for a few more to go well about 30 lol. major moment of satisfaction gotta be going into a highstreet store and buying jeans a 38"waist. and they fit me. also bumping into an old schoolfriend who i hadn't seen in about a year and them not recognising me
Old 04-23-2003, 06:57 PM   #14  

This is great... we should keep this one going!!!!

Today I fit into my size 24 jeans without any work, or sucking in, or belly haning over. I'm SOOO excited!!! I'm even wearing them in public!!! hehe And having to hold my pants up or roll them up at the waste because they're too big. It feels pretty good to turn down bad food too..... and finding healthy things to eat when I go out.

Oh yeah, and fast food repulses me too now... I just want to puke when I see it... and I used to drink Mt Dew like ALL day (like it was water) and now it makes me sick!!

YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and BOYS!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 07:02 PM   #15  

so far, two people that don't know me well enough to know I've been dieting have asked me if I've lost weight. I was in such disbelief that I asked my husband if he's been planting people to give me compliments but he looked at me like he'd never think of that in a million years!
Closed Thread