Old 10-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Ideal Protein is NOT a miracle diet

I have been getting very frustrated at the post in the daily threads about the program not working. This is a very simple program, follow the sheet and you will see results. Its pretty basic, eat a packet for breakfast, packet for lunch with 2 cups of allowed veggies, unlimited lettuce, 8oz of meat for dinner with another 2 cups of veggies and more lettuce then ending your night with a packet for a snack. It doesn't matter how you eat any of these items as long as you are getting EVERYTHING in for the day.

You did NOT get where you are today over night, therefore it will NOT come off over night. Our bodies are strange things, there is nothing you can do to make it change or lose weight faster. Our bodies will release the fat when it has enough fuel to let go of the access. This is why you MUST eat everything for the day not skipping on out on anything.

I have seen a lot of people say that this is too expensive of a program not to lose what it says you will 5-7lbs a week. This is an AVERAGE over a period of time (not specified) so who knows over how many weeks. I do know that my average over 76 weeks has been 2.64 lbs a week. Having gains and small losses are also in there. I have followed this program for this long NEVER questioning if it was working or not. I have been faithful, dedicated, determined and committed 100% to this program Ideal Protein and most importantly to MYSELF!....you can come up with all sorts of excuses as to why the program isn't working BUT if you are following it, you will SEE results.

I have been fortunate for my mom paying for my food, I know it is expensive BUT it is much cheaper than having medical issues and taking medicine monthly. All I am asking is that if you are following this program give it time to work. If you chose to go the alternative way, so be it, we all have to do what we can afford. IP teaches you how to eat and prepares you to be able to live out in the real world. Life is always going to have something happen, we just have to learn how to "eat" when that happens.

Remember its NOT about those numbers on the scale, its How do you feel? How are your clothes fitting? sometimes we lose inches where we don't measure this is something else to consider when you say this program isn't working. Muscle weighs MORE than fat, so some of you who do exercise and think its not working, it IS working you are just gaining muscle. There is sooooo much more about seeing results than that scale...Think about it, even emotionally you are becoming a better person.

Sorry for the long post, just aggravated a little bit
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #2  

One of my favorite quotes: The miracle isn't that you finished but that you had the courage to start
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #3  

mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

no one has to even look further than your journey lisa to see that it DOES IN FACT WORK!

you are living proof....along with countless others on this site!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-27-2012 at 03:53 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #5  

Height: magmeepEVE

"IP teaches you how to eat and prepares you to be able to live out in the real world."

This is exactly why I chose IP over other methods. I need to learn how to eat, and I'm glad in ways that I'm on P1 for so long, as I'm hoping it really ingrains this way of eating into my brain/body for lifelong maintenance.

Umm, and about 5 weeks in, I did say the word, "only" but was scolded properly, and now that I've been on the program longer, I have seen how the losses go up and down, it's part of the process (patience, patience). It's learning how our bodies react and what they need.

Great post, Wuv!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Luv, I truly admire you and am so grateful for the encouragement you give people. I cannot help to be a little hurt by this post though. I think because you have been blessed to not pay the very high fees you perhaps don't understand that it truly IS too expensive for many people if they are looking at having to be on it for a long time. When my husband agreed to this it was with the understanding that even if I lost at the low end of average (2lbs for women) it would only be a couple months of dipping into our savings...that was worth it to our family. To have to sit there at dinner while your family eats sub par food to try to fund MY diet and have very small losses is very frustrating. I am not blaming IP...or saying that it does not work. I have seen many many people who it DOES work for. I am not even saying it doesnt work for me...I plan to continue with the protocol....but until you have walked a miles in someones shoes....

I would NEVER claim to know the journey you have been on. I could never understand that journey. In the same way, if you have not had to feel the financial consequences of the diet please show those who have had to make great sacrifice to stay OP financially some grace.
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #7  

if you've never had a day of being overwhelmed, frustrated, or just tired, then my god you have the patience and tranquility of a saint

it happens. i think that's part of most of our journeys.

the important thing is to pick yourself up (or get a little push from a helping hand) and keep going

Last edited by southern; 10-27-2012 at 04:07 PM.
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #8  

this was NOT meant toward YOU, This is a general post as to so many have been complaining.

I have NEVER claimed to be perfect, claimed to have not be frustrated....

WOW AGAIN....HAVE UPSET PEOPLE ....I'LL JUST KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-27-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #9  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 View Post
Luv, I truly admire you and am so grateful for the encouragement you give people. I cannot help to be a little hurt by this post though. I think because you have been blessed to not pay the very high fees you perhaps don't understand that it truly IS too expensive for many people if they are looking at having to be on it for a long time. When my husband agreed to this it was with the understanding that even if I lost at the low end of average (2lbs for women) it would only be a couple months of dipping into our savings...that was worth it to our family. To have to sit there at dinner while your family eats sub par food to try to fund MY diet and have very small losses is very frustrating. I am not blaming IP...or saying that it does not work. I have seen many many people who it DOES work for. I am not even saying it doesnt work for me...I plan to continue with the protocol....but until you have walked a miles in someones shoes....

I would NEVER claim to know the journey you have been on. I could never understand that journey. In the same way, if you have not had to feel the financial consequences of the diet please show those who have had to make great sacrifice to stay OP financially some grace.
That is beautifully put, and a good reminder to all of us to be grateful for what we have, and aware that everyone walks a unique path. Thanks for posting.
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #10  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Thank you for this. While I understandand appreciate the tough love and have gotten it sometimes there is just so much more to everyone's story.

Last edited by blessedamberly; 10-27-2012 at 04:18 PM.
blessedamberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #11  

nm

Last edited by southern; 10-27-2012 at 11:21 PM.
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #12  

Quote:
....but until you have walked a miles in someones shoes....

Ok, first off I NEVER said I walked in your shoes nor you in mine. I didn't even talk about financial consequences we ALL have them. THAT is why I say DON"T cheat...its too expensive...that is why in the last 18months I have NOT cheated and just stayed focused....My post DID NOT POINT to one individual person or people...it was a GENERAL post about the program
Old 10-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #13  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I really get tired of folks complaining about the program, low losses, the cost, etc., IP gave me the tools that I needed to turn my life around. For nine months, my husband and I bore the cost of the program, which we both considered worth the price. I had weeks when I lost a lot and weeks when I lost next to nothing. However, I never ever complained about the program or considered cheating because I knew it was working. I was losing weight. During those 9 months, I enjoyed my life, went out to dinner with my husband, hosted and attended parties, and stuck to the program 100%. IP changed my whole perspective on life. Food isn't at the center of my universe. It's the fuel that keeps me going, but life is about so much more for me now. I'm healthy and happy and because of that I'm a much better wife and mother.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #14  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok, first off I NEVER said I walked in your shoes nor you in mine. I didn't even talk about financial consequences we ALL have them. THAT is why I say DON"T cheat...its too expensive...that is why in the last 18months I have NOT cheated and just stayed focused....My post DID NOT POINT to one individual person or people...it was a GENERAL post about the program
Wuv, I agree. I cheating will set a person back a week. I always thought about it this way -- cheating on IP would be cheating myself. I'd be the only person who'd be hurt by it. And I deserve better!

Last edited by SewingMomma; 10-27-2012 at 04:33 PM.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #15  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

There should be a like option for this thread.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote