WW Clubs and Groups - #283 Bale of Turtles Getting Ready for the Holidays!

Itryharder
10-27-2012, 09:16 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepn' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience that keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
10-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi Turtles,
Good to see you here. I posted three appetizers that are WW friendly at our last thread.
Let's have a great day. Today is our Halloween party. I am going as bubble gum------I am wearing a pink sweatpants and t-shirt with a Double Bubble logo on the shirt. I am making a necklace of blown up balloons for the "bubbles" and I made a hat of a paper sneaker on top of some deflated balloons. (Like the sneaker stepped on bubble gum---silly but fun)
Judy
234.6/192/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
10-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all. My apoligies for being away for a while, just needed to take a breather...

I have not been to a WI for a long time so I fear I have done lots of damage because I have not been on plan at all. I will get to WW next Saturday and in the mean time get my journal out and get started.

I sure hope that everyone is doing ok and staying warm, the cold weather is here.

terrod99
10-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Hey All Happy Hurricane! I mean Monday!!!! hehehe

It has been raining for 3 days! and apparently for 3 more to come. Halloween will be a wet one!

Bandit have you got your rubber boats out? How can it get worse? before it clears!!! I'd rather have snow!!! Hate the rain~!

JUdy hope your party was a good one!!

Princess so good to hear from you!!

Keepin at it!! Aquafit tonight!!

Terri

Itryharder
10-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Turtles,
Well, here on Long Island, NY we are expecting to feel the storm heavily.
Hope everyone is safe and sound. I am hoping that this turns out to only be an inconvenience and that we all stay safe.

The Halloween party was a blast. I think it was one of the best we've had.
My dh and I relaxed quite a bit. We had everything done ahead of time. I even had time to go and have my hair blown out. Crazy! That's never happened before.

Well, food was not good yesterday, but today I am tracking my points carefully. Carbs are very appealing, but I'm trying not to overdo.

Terri, glad you're getting to Aquafit-----I feel that's what I could do in my backyard. The winds are picking up. If I'm not here for a bit it'll just be because we lost power.

Princess, so glad to hear from you. Please don't worry about a thing. Do the best you can every day. We all love you.

Bandit, thanks for chiming in.

We are doing the best we can every day. I am soooooooooooooooo glad I bought pretzels for Halloween trick or treaters and not candy! I bet you all know what I mean. Lol. A little nervous eating this morning, but I just made a batch of baked potatoes in my oven and plan to have one with a sauce of veggies over it for lunch. That sounds unbelievably comforting and delicious.

Wishing us all the best. Hi to Cherry and Life and all the other Turtles!
Judy
234.6/192/180s and thinner :cool:

terrod99
10-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Hey Judy hope all is well after Sandy whirled through NewYork!!
Check in when you can!!

Some wind and rain here with more to come, but not too ,much of a big deal,

Worse part is not getting outside for a quick walk at lunch!
Terri

bandit2
10-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi ladies

Judy - thanks for the appetizer recipes, they all look amazing

Princesss - nice to see you posting with us again

Terri - yes, the rain is here

I had a sore knee for awhile, then last Wed by time I got home I could not walk & my ex took me to hospital & I have a bakers cyst, they gave me anti-inflamatories, pain pills & crutches. It is now Tues & this is 1st time since last week I could make it up the stairs to computer. Also have been off work since last week. Planning on going in tomorrow, if I can get down the stairs & into the car. What a nuisance. Plus I have never had one of these and was surprised that I went from limping to not being able to put any weight whatsoever on it or to be able to straighten out the leg. After 3 days of it being bent my thigh was getting sore as well. Anyway, it has not been fun
and I was getting worried last night when I thought we could lose power.

Anway, feeling better today and can actually lean on it abit

Hope everyone is doing great

Princess1122
11-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Has anyone heard from Judy? She lives directly where all that damage is from the Hurricane...

Off to WI - it will be pretty but at least it is a start

terrod99
11-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Princess glad to hear from you! I have been worried about Judy also! I am sure she will get in touch when she can!!!
We are a tough bunch of gals I know she is fine!!!!!

Thinking positive thoughts for all of us!!!

Terri

Itryharder
11-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi Turtles,
Thanks so much for the concern. Our power went out Monday night. Many many trees are down on my block. it looks awful. We were not hurt, thank goodness. A tree fell on my husband's car and it's totalled. We'll have to get out and lease something since we need two cars. Also, one of our tree limbs crashed down and punctured our pool, but dh thinks he can patch it and refill it with water before structural damage is done. Keep your fingers crossed. On Thursday when the house was getting really cold, we went to my dd's house on LI. They never lost power. it was good to get a good night's sleep and not be cold anymore.
Crazy how much you take electricity for granted until you don't have it.
So, we're back now in our home and taking care of lots of things. Didn't have access to computer until now. Thanks for caring about me. i love you all. Food has been terrible. I ate non-stop which is never a good thing, especially since I had been on a nice roll! Well, the damage on our street is fierce. Three neighbors had trees crash into their homes with varying degrees of damage, but honestly we are all lucky. We are mid-island so we didn't flood. Those poor people are the hardest hit and their recovery will be much longer.

Bandit, I'm sorry your knee caused you so much pain and I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Thank you all for your concern. We're doing fine. Oh, well, we'll have a lot of raking of leaves and branches to get rid of, but all in all we're lucky.
Keep on keepin' on!
Judy

CherryAutumn
11-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear that all is well Judy. Thanks for letting us all know how your doing.

Bandit- sorry to hear you were in so much pain with your knee

Terri and Princess- Glad to hear from you. Hope your weigh-ins have gone well.

I am doing ok. I am sitting at a weight of about 166 for the next few weeks due to my cycle. Hoping I am not done losing weight yet but i think I am getting closer.
A friend gave me some size 14 dresses and I couldnt believe when they fit me! Still in a size 16 pants but better than the size 22/24 I started in.

terrod99
11-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Hey All!

Judy we are so glad to hear from you and that you and yours are ok!!! Thank god! The pictures we are seeing on TV are horrific!

Cherry we are all so proud of you! of course you would fit in a size 14 silly!!!

Bandit hope your knee is improving! Glad for some sunshine today!!!

Princess check in when you can!!

Like Judy I have ate anything that wasnt tied down this week getting back on track!

Thinking positive and keepin at it!!!!]

Terri

Princess1122
11-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all. Looks like it will be a cold clear day here in Indy so time for me to get out and get the Yard, Patios and Garage ready for winter - DS will be coming to help me since I am still very restricted and have lost most of my muscle conditioning that I worked my butt off to get... oh well, I am going to start slow and maybe I will get some back without hurting myself. Very thankful that the spinal injections I got were not from that pharmacy with the tainted meds... ugh.

JUDY:I am so happy to see your posts!~ I have been so worried about you and said so to my DH at the supper table last night... All the very best wishes to you and your family for a speedy recovery! Take care of yourself and don't worry about the food right now, I know how you feel about that but right now I am sure you have other things that are pressing on you so don't add that to the pile!

Bandit: I went back to read thru your post and I sure hope you get to feeling better soon... what is your doctor saying at this point?

Cherry: Congrats on your loss, you have done really well with all that you have going on.

Terri: Sounds like you are doing failry welll and continueing to work the plan when you can... are you getting to the gym still?

I have to run but take care everyone - made it to WI yesterday and it was aweful (up 6 lbs) but I went and that is all in the past now... I am back on track and will do the best that I can with my main focus on better health... weight loss will be a by-product of that.

bandit2
11-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi everone

Judy - glad to see you posting again & that you and your family are all OK
As Terri said, what we see on TV is absolutely awful and my heart goes out to all that have to go through that.

Thank you for all your concern about my stupid knee. As I said, it is
bakers cyst and I was on crutches for a week and now just limping around.
Doctor said it just takes time to heal, so no dancing or bowling for awhile.

All - grey day up here and I have so many leaves to still rake up, that hopefully can get some done soon.

All - glad you are all safe from the storm and lets all have a great week
at the scales.

Itryharder
11-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Okay Turtles,
We are expecting another storm coming through tomorrow afternoon. I hope we'll keep power, etc.
I was brave this morning and stepped on the scale. I was up 5#. I have a feeling some of this could be gotten rid of fast, but I need to be OP to do so.

I'm sending :goodvibes: to all of us to keep on track and do the right things for ourselves.
Judy
234.6/??/180's and lower :cool:

bandit2
11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi turtles

Judy - I will be thinking of you & hope storm passes quickly with
no damage.
I am sure you will drop those pounds quickly as soon as you can get back OP. With all the upheaval & stress that is hard, just do your best
Take care

Itryharder
11-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Bandit, that helps! It seems that my little family and I have had extra stress for a long time now, but I just have to get up and over this. Will do. So good to know I've got all of you Turtles out there in CyberSpace.

Cherry, yes----double of course you fit into a 14. You've done so well. I feel honored to have seen your journey. You took charge of your weight, tried different things and you've done it. Weigh to go!!!!

Love you all. Trees are shaking here already, so I'll keep in touch as best I can as this dopey storm comes through.
Love,
Judy

terrod99
11-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Judy hope the storm passes quickly and softly!

Been to Y 2 mornings this week, just trying to keep at it!!!

Have a good day! Happy thoughts to all whatever the day brings!

Terri

Princess1122
11-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Hope everyone on the East Coast is safe and warm!

Just chugging along here.

dosbabe
11-08-2012, 09:02 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here . We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner.
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Hi Judy! Is this team that has a daily check in type of thead?

Itryharder
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi Amy,
We check in with each other as often as we can. We give support. Lots of times we set up a weekly weigh in challenge to help us boost our weight losses.
Why don't you give us a try and see if we fit what you're looking for.
Judy
234.6/195/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
11-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Turtles,
We were without power again. This time it was tough because we had lots of snow to deal with and the temp. dropped. House was 49degrees at its coldest. Luckily only without power for 24 hours------lost cable for about 35 hours, but we're up and running now.

Halloween party was so much fun. Then we got hit with storm that Monday and life has been wacko since. I feel like 2 weeks of Nov. disappeared and I'm not sure where they went. Am focusing away from politics now that the election has been held. I'll put that energy into friends, family, and me.
That makes sense.
Weight is up and tough. I had just lost a bit and we lost our power again.
ugh. Now we're fine. DD, dsil, and dgrandson are coming to spend the weekend with us. DD is expecting, in the middle of selling her house and without power for 16 days now. Luckily her ds had power and she and her little family relocated there for the duration.

Okay, just wanted to check in and say hi. Sending :goodvibes: to all of us for all our needs.
Love,
Judy

life4evr
11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone.

So the stress of looking for a job has my weight amd eating habits all over the place.

So apparently I have hit that magical age that everyone thinks that is okay to bring up the so when are you going to get married and have some children speech. So a little stressed out.

Going to concentrate on eating properly next week. I am back to skipping meals which is always my downfall. Hope everyone is well. On another note I have discovered Greek chocolate yogurt, it is great. I have a slight chocolate addiction.

Hope everyone is well. Going to try to be more consistent with everything.

Itryharder
11-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi TUrtles,
We're up and running. We're babysitting our grandson today because his folks have to work and his school is off for Vets Day. He's a good and interesting kid!
My eating has been miserable.......guess it's a good thing I'm not a drinker, but today I'm trying to go meal by meal, track it, and get through the day.

Life4evr, people can be so rude. What your dating/lovelife is like is your own business. I really feel people when they inquire about what you're doing don't mean any harm, but it would be super nice if they'd think before they speak. As far as your job search, it will all work out fine. You got through school and now you just need one job offer. You'll get it. We all have issues we deal with by overeating. It's smart of you to e-mail us because I bet someone will have some good ideas.

Okay, :goodscale: to all of us. I'll go to my WW mtg. on Wed. to WI and see my friends. it's been tough here with power out and all else including damage to the yard and our car, but we're trying to get things done one step at a time.

:goodvibes: and :cheer: to all of us! We can do this. We've done it in the past and we know what to do. Best of everything for everyone.
Judy
234.6/??/180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99
11-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Hey All!!

Everyone has challenges lately! We have to just keep going!!
Life things will happen, you will get a job, and the rest will fall into place!! Don't worry about the future concentrate on the here and now! Live each day to the fullest!!!
Judy glad things are starting to get back to normal!
Bandit/Princess! Hope you gals are keepin at it! Check in when you can.

Terri

bandit2
11-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi turtles - nice to see you all chiming in, you guys are great!

Life - As Judy said, sometimes people just don't think about what they are saying. You are doing great and things will come when the time is right.

Judy - Glad to see you are planning on going to ww meeting. With all that is going on that might be just the thing you need. Good meeting & see your ww buddies.

Terri - Weather starting to change for us, seen snow today on the rooftops
Still have lots of raking to do, so better get at it this weekend. Great you are still getting in your exercise regularly, good for you

Princess - hope you are still chugging along

Dosbabe - welcome to our group. New members are always welcome & looking forward to hearing some tips & motivation from you. Good luck
on your weight loss journey

All - As Terri said, seems we are facing various challenges and we can only do what we are capable of BUT just remember

"And this too shall pass"

GOod luck, everyone!

life4evr
11-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone. As for the comments gotta love family. I know the job suitation will work out patience isn't my strongest virtue. Today eating has been okay. Hope everyone is doing well.

terrod99
11-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Hey All

I think we are all on the "one day at a time" phase, I'm sticking with that because I know today I can do it!!!! Tomorrow we will see, ......

Terri

Itryharder
11-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Yes Turtles, I am definitely at the one baby step at a time mode! I'll check back in after WW WI mtg. I know I'll be up a lot, but that's where I am and I'll work to fix it.

:goodvibes: and :cheer: to all of us as we go through this process together.

Glad to hear from you. It's so cheering to know you are all out there.
Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99
11-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Hey Gals!

Looking forward to an extra day off this week have been working 10 hour days!! Yuck! Very busy!!!!

Have not made it to gym, no lunch walks!!!Seem to be fighting some sort of virus, I am winning! just keep on chugging along just very tired... So looking forward to the weekend!!!

So food had been good, have been cutting out gluten (mostly not all I am sure), belly feels good. Have not checked the scale.

Have a great Thursday!

Terri

bandit2
11-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi turtles - gorgeous day up here which is great this time of year

Still maintaining which with no exercise is good, but really want to see the
scale go down. This upcoming Thurs at my Tops group, we are having a
fashion show with "Fashions that Move" and this is suppose to show us
how to dress for all body types. They asked for me to be a model, which will
be a new experience for me as well. So looking forward to see how they would dress us.

Terri - my daughter has gone gluten free for the 2 months & is also feeling better. So now when I shop I look for gluten free products as well as my own point friendly things.

Knee still not healed, but seems to be getting better most days.
Had pub night last night and tonight have a bd party to go to.
Always lots going on

All - hope you are all having a great weekend!

Princess1122
11-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Hello everyone and happy Sunday!

Went to W/I yesterday and was down 3.4 lbs - I had to take another round of steroids for my neck/back issue and usually I gain a ton of weight with those - that tells me just how inflammed I really was which is usually what leads to a flare up with the pinched nerve. I am on track and just looking to get walking a bit and staying on track. I will chug along for now because like the rest of the turtles I feel that is about where I am at.

I sure hope everyone is doing well, has their power back, is on the mend, and has a good job prospect on the horizon! This will eb and flow as Terri said in her post so I guess life is telling us to just go with it, do the best we can and not let the stress of losing weight over come us.

All in all we have a lot to be thankful for.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Itryharder
11-18-2012, 10:59 AM
I love the way we're sounding. I was up about 4# at WI which actually isn't hideous since it was 2 weeks of no WI and all we went through with storm, etc. I am also trying to relax and take life in my stride. Stress keeps on being a prime factor in weight gain/Cortisol, etc. so I'm thinking more kindly about the weight loss journey.

So glad to hear from so many of you. Princess, :goodscale: especially with having to take steroids for your neck. Weigh to go!

Bandit, you have the greatest social life. Have fun! A fashion show! That's great. Let us know what they dressed you in.

Terri, interesting about the gluten free. Glad your belly is feeling better.

We had a mystery party last night. First one in a long time. We had scheduled this before the storm and although it's been hectic here getting things back in order we went ahead with the party. We felt we could all use some laughs and good company. It worked. Food was good throughout the night. I am finding when I am not stressed that my call to food isn't as difficult. Last night I concentrated on the fun, not the food. That's my aim.
Not always easy to accomplish, but I'll take it when I can!

Happy Thanksgiving here in the states. Canada----you've already had yours? I am grateful for your friendship online. Thank you!
Judy
234.6/???/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
11-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Things going nicely here. Hoping for a good WI tomorrow at my WW mtg.
Judy

terrod99
11-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Hey all !

I am up and at it! Off to the gym for some much needed exercise! Have been slacking off!!! I am not doing perfect on the gluten free but certainly cutting back on it.
Thanksgiving here back in October, but we are going to be enjoying some black friday shopping as our stores are trying to keep us shoppers this side of the border!!
Glad all are well!

Terri

Itryharder
11-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Terri :exercise: weigh to go!

Had my WI this morning and I was down 1#. That's fine with me since we had a mystery party and also ate out once this week. Hoping to knock off plenty more before Christmas!!

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!! Small group here tomorrow, but it should be nice anyway. Must admit I love sausage stuffing.
Judy

terrod99
11-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Hey Girls!

Hope you are all well, we all must be very busy!!! This is good, it will keep us out of trouble and the fridge hehehehehehe!!!!!
Judy weigh to go on the weigh in!!!
Princess Bandit Cherry Life Hey to you gals!!
Keepin at it!!!

Terri

Itryharder
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Terri, glad you're keeping at it. I had a meltdown, but I'm back on track today. It is shocking to me that I keep on doing this. I'll get there.

:goodvibes: to us all. We lost 2 weeks here with the superstorm and we've had to do a lot to get things back to normal. We're not there yet, but we're on our way. I am getting into Christmas shopping and that's a help.

Let's keep on keepin' on and eat the way we know we'll get good results.
Judy

bandit2
11-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Morning turtles

Judy - nice job on your weight loss!

Terri - glad to see you are getting in some exercise & hope you are doing good with trying gluten free. My dd seems to be doing OK with it so far & is feeling better.

The parties have started and last weekend I had a dinner out before "Christmas with Elvis" concert which was really good.
Tonight have my office dinner party and that is always nice with lots of great food. So I brought yogurt & ryecrisps for lunch which is light.

All - hope you are all getting ready for the Christmas season. Planning on putting the tree up this weekend & that makes me feel like doing more things once that is up & decorated.

Have a great Tuesday!

Itryharder
11-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Wow Bandit, you really are in a sociable group. Good for you. You always seem to have something going on.

I'm taking down my Thanksgiving decorations today and then I'll think about starting with Christmas decorations. Have had tough time with food, but what else is new? got some low cal foods into the house. Made a turkey meatloaf for tonight and also made some butternut squash soup which is pretty filling.

Wishing everyone good days, OP , and lots of fun during this great time of the year.
Judy

bandit2
11-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Morning everyone

Well, I think I did good at my office party. Usually I have the mindset "only once a year thing" and over do it. My strategie was at cocktail hour had
wine spritzer which lightened up the alcohol, avoid appetizers that were deep fried or breaded, had 1 pumpernickel dinner roll (this is my weakness)
and a breadstick (instead of 1/2 the basket) and main course & fruit only
for dessert (there was a dessert table away from us & I didn't even go up & tempt myself) So overall, I think I did well & best part was not gaining 2 or 3 # overnight!!!

Judy - turkey meatloaf sounds like a good idea!

All - have a great OP day!

Itryharder
11-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey Bandit, thanks for showing us the way!!!! Weigh to go! We all know the things to do, but doing them is another story. And the problem with the "only once in a year" label is that there are so many of them at this time of the year.

I gained a pound at my WI, so I am back exactly where I was 3 weeks ago.
Not making progress, but I had a mini meltdown and kept eating past the point of comfort. Not strange, I'm sure lots of people do that, but my goal is to lose weight. I just made turkey meatballs which I'll keep in the freezer and tonight I'll have a portion with the spaghetti squash I just bought. That actually sounds good. Have been busy starting preparing for Christmas and that should help reduce stress to see I am actually accomplishing something.

I'm thinking of :goodvibes: and :cheer: to all our Turtles
Princess, how are you doing. Thanksgiving must have been hard for you, but I hope your boys were with you and your family.
Cherry, you've done so well with your weight. Are you settling into realizing how great you look now?
Terri, always glad to hear you're doing well with the :exercise: and watching what you eat.
Life4evr, how are you doing?

Okay gals, just a quick stop by here. I've got tons to do. Just straightened out the garage since it needed it! Lol.
Judy

terrod99
11-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Judy and Bandit!!! You gals rock! Always positive, and very helpful to us all!!!

I have not been to gym this week, Have been very busy at work, and yes I am making excuses!!! I will get back at it I promise!!! On the other hand have been eating fairly light and I am pretty proud of that!!! The gluten and I are still battling I love bread!!!! But I have really been trying, and I do find when I have none for a day or two I feel great!

So christmas party season is here!!! We can do it!!

Terri

Itryharder
11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Terri, keep at it. You're doing great!!!
Judy
Let's all aim for a :goodscale:

Princess1122
11-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Friday. Things are busy here and the hubs goes back in for another round of surgery next week... I go for a biopsy today, keeping my fingers crossed. I am trying hard to think healthy and watch what I eat, am not exercising and I feel it! Need to get moving.

So very sorry for being MIA, will try and do better - best wishes to everyone for a great week!

bandit2
11-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Morning, turtles

Judy - hope you are back on track, we all have set backs which is frustrating but each day brings a new beginning and a new plan for success.

Terri - Good luck with your gluten free plan, very expensive as well.
Great you are eating light with not getting to the gym - good game plan!

Princess - nice to see you popping in when you can. Good luck to you & your family with your health issues. Lets all think positive and sending alittle prayer your way.

Well, ladies I had 3 food functions last week & was down 1# at my weigh in,
so was very happy about that. BUT tonight I have potluck & next Tues chinese dinner out with my ladies group, so might not be so lucky next time.
But I am really trying to make better choices & still enjoy the season

All - hope you are all doing great, getting into the Christmas spirit and
trying to plan out all the "extras" coming our way

Good luck!

Itryharder
11-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Bandit, :cheers: :cheer: :balloons: :goodvibes: :goodscale: weigh to go.
It is fantastic that you lost a pound while having three functions out. Great!

I am trying every day to do well. The scale isn't budging, but I did get in a good walk this morning before the mall opened, and then my friend and I went shopping. got a lot done and some movement, so that's a good thing.

Princess, always good to hear from you. I echo Bandit with good wishes and sending a prayer your way. Please chime in when you can, but know we are all thinking about you all the time. Our group doesn't want you to feel bad about anything. We love you.

Terri and Cherry and Life, keep on keepin' on. We can do this.
Judy

terrod99
12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Hey Gals

Hope you are all well! Hanging in here! In this most challenging season!!

Check in when you can!

Terri

bandit2
12-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Morning ladies

Well, I had 2 food functions last week & was down 2# at the scales.
Soooooooooo, I was super happy with that, especially with chinese food
being involved. At both events, I tried to make better choices than before
and still enjoy myself. I tracked as best I could and still had my wine.

Also, this week the new ww programme has been launched and basically is same with some behaviour changes mostly.

Terri - glad to see you popping by and hope you are doing well with
holiday challenges.

Judy/Princess - hope you are also having a good week and chime in
when you can.

All - enjoy the season!

BigMomma135
12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I am new to this site and would like to join your turtle herd! I am on WW online and loving it. I am still confused by activity points...and hoe they figure in to your point allowance...any help?

CherryAutumn
12-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry I havent been around much. In a family of 3 little ones we have lots of sickies going around this time of year.

Bandit- Great job on being able to go out and to food functions and still lose weight.

Judy- Thanks for always thinking of me even when i've disappeared for awhile.

BigMamma- Welcome to the group. I bet some of the ladies will have some great advice on activity points. I think it is different for each person and how there body loses weight. I dont use the activity points but do use the extra given for the week some dont even use that.

Princess, Terri, and Life- Hope everyone is hanging in there. Glad everyone is still stopping in when they can.

I only use weight about one week out of the month and have slowed down but that is ok I am pretty content where I am at. My lowest weight this week has been 161.0 I do have loose skin from losing so much weight but for the most part i would rather that than be the size i use to be at 252.

Itryharder
12-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Big Momma, :welcome3: to you. this is a great group that offers support and encouragement. Glad you'd like to join us. Tell us a bit about yourself.
As far as activity points, online you should be able to find the activity you want, the rate you did it, and factor in how much you weigh. Then you'll get an activity point count. Now: you can use those points plus that day and add it onto your 26 points plus that most of us have. You can also save them up for that week. By your official WI the following week if you haven't used them, they are gone. Is that as clear as mud or do you understand?
With Christmas, etc. I'm moving fast, but I wanted to answer your question.
Personally I do not eat my activity points plus. I just use them to help me lose weight better. Of course, I am much older than most of this group and I think that is a consideration. A lot of WW's is trial and error. The simple answer to your question is that you add the value of the activity points to your daily amt. given. So, if you earn 2 points plus in activity and you started with 26 points plus for the day, you now have 28 points plus to use if you wish.

Gals, trying hard to lose weight here. Find any little thing slows me down. Ugh. But I'm not giving up.

Bandit: wow you are doing great :goodscale: with your social nights out and still losing weight. You must be tracking really well. Weigh to go.

Cherry, so glad you are still doing well. I am so happy for you!
Terri, you're right----we'll all chime in when we can. :exercise:
Princess, thanks for that beautiful mall mob singing on facebook. It made me cry too. Not that I wanted to cry, but it reminded me of a simpler time when I was a child and the glory of Christmas.
Life4evr, hope you're still in touch here when you can. Always like to hear from you.

I've got a pot of veggie soup on the stove and it's smelling good. Yay.
Thought that might help with the munchies now and then. And soup is good for my dh also.
I've been walking more and that helps. Have a great day. :goodvibes:
Judy

bandit2
12-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi ladies

Wet day up here and this weekend am basically finishing up with decorating
then will focus on my shopping. My favoritie dance is tonight which I am missing since I really don't want to push too much on my knee which is still
not great. So a quiet weekend is on the books, which is nice since I have already had some christmas gatherings.

Bigmomma - welcome to our group. These ladies are fabulous and will have lots of support and advice for you. So where are you from? I am about 30 mins east of Toronto. Am I with Cherry/Judy with the activity points - I don't have extra food when exercising. My metabololism is slow and I find if I stick within my points & use the extras PP I will lose weight for the most part.

Judy - as always full of wisdom to pass on to our newest member!

Cherry - nice to see you posting. I know how busy you are and sick children is not nice to be dealing with. Hang in there & lets us know how you are doing when you can

Princess - hope you are doing great

All - enjoy the season!

BigMomma135
12-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. My weight loss journey started in my late teens, where the yo-yo dieting began. I would gain and then lose it with diet and exercise. You sure take for granted the metabolism of a young adult! As I went to university, I would workout daily and participate in rec leagues with friends. My weight would fluctuate depending on what or how I ate. I have a tendency to eat out of boredom and eat my feelings with junk food and lots of carbs. If I caught myself getting too heavy ( 160 lbs ), I would go on a diet to lose the extra 10 - 15 lbs. With every passing birthday, my activity level decreased and my weight gain increased. My first year of teaching, I gained 30 lbs due to stress and fast food. I went on a diet and started,exercising again and managed to get down to my healthy weight again. I fluctuated between 135 and 175 lbs for the rest of my twenties. Whenever I crept up in my weight, I would take care of it within a few months of diet and exercise. That was until I became a mother of two in my early thirties....much harder to find time for myself to exercise and make my health a priority. This is when I found out how much more effort was required to lose those extra pounds. I was topping the scales at 185 lbs and I panicked and started diets that were a lot more extreme that promised fast results. I would lose some and then life would get in the way and I would gain it all back and 5 - 10 lbs for good measure. The more weight I gained the more extreme the diet, the more weight gain when I would abandon the impossible eating plan! This continued through my thirties and now I am staring at forty and I was at the highest weight ever even when I was pregnant, no muscle tone (51% body fat),and I feel so unhealthy,tired, old before my time and hopeless. So I joined WW and started to walk to a DVD walking program. I have tried the short cuts/fast ways out of this mess and I finally realize i may be able to remain true for a few months but sooner or later the plan is not sustainable and the inevitable weight gain and feeling of hopelessness will follow. When I saw this group and the turtle reference...I knew it was for me. Slow and steady, one foot in front of the other, I will get there....maybe not 135 lbs....that now seems a bit extreme....funny how therapeutic writing is...it made me look at what I really want to achieve : I want to be healthy and active whether that is at 165 lbs or 145. Who knows? I am feeling better already, more in control.

Judy, I hope I didn't overwhelm you or this group. I promise to be less thorough next post.

Itryharder
12-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Oh Big Momma, have you found the right place!!!!!!!

You didn't overwhelm us or this group. Believe it or not, you just wrote my story! I did all the things you did-===I have been my right weight many times in my life, but now after gaining 30# in two months due to a thyroid malfunction that went undiagnosed I am having a **** of a time getting it off.
My short history is top weight: 234.6/best recent weight 182#. Weight right now about 194# and struggling.

You will fit right in with us. We're a small, but dedicated group. We consist of Bandit, Terri, Princess, Cherry, Life4evr, and now Big Momma. I start a new thread when we reach about 50 posts and I'm about to do that right now. We all encourage you post here as often as you like. WW's is a healthy way to knock off weight without the deprivation of all the fast shortcut methods that are sooooooooooooooooo hard to do. We wish you the best. Keep chiming in!!

Turtles, went to my niece's last night and had a lovely time. She surprised us with homemade soup and sandwiches and it wasn't terribly hard to stay on track. Today dh and I are at home and that should work out fine.

Will get to grocery story to pick up items I need for the Christmas Eve and day and freeze them. Making life easy on myself. Also need a few more ingredients for baking and I'm not baking until the very last week right before Christmas. I know if I bake now, I'll eat now and then have to bake more which I might eat again. Don't want to repeat that behaviorQ

Okay, we are running long. I'll see you all over at #284 Bale of Turtles Preparing for the Best Days!
Love,
Judy