General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 02:15 PM   #1  

Angry Diet Talk

I hope you both had a very nice Easter. My eating was horrid. I had mashed potatoes and a cherry cobbler for dessert. I'm back to low carbing today!

LaDean, how has your first day on the South Beach Diet going? So far it's going well for me. I did have real bacon this morning because I have to get rid of it before I open up the turkey bacon. Glad that Tuffy had a good Easter. Lacee did too, she got some of my dinner that I brought home from the restaurant.

Kathy, how did your weekend go?

Have a great afternoon.
Aleka
Old 04-21-2003, 02:57 PM   #2  

Wink LIKE THE NAME

I LOVE OUR NEW THREAD....
well i got up this am and forgot the new plan so have 2 slices of bread. then i remembered. so other then that i will stick to it the rest of day..... glad its going good for you.. glad lacee had a good easter to..
i am up like 3 lbs this am so i have my work set out for me.lol but i will try and have a good rest of week. i read some more on the plan and like what i have read. i am going to town to get blood pressure taken so going by Library to get the new prevention magazine and see if they have the book.
Kit.... hows your day going???? what plan????
well have agood day i will be on later..LaDean
Old 04-21-2003, 04:53 PM   #3  

Hi everyone,

Aleka- thanks for the new thread. Did you catch Suzanne Somers on HSN this past weekend? To think a few months ago, I bought up a storm of her stuff and her WOE just didn't work for me.

LaDean- That's right girl, you messed up at breakfast but that doesn't mean you have to mess or waste the rest of the day, I like your style!

Guys, in the past 2mths i've tried every diet known to man/women with no results, so i'm just going to vamp up my exercise and keep my starches to 2 a day and try to be as sugar free as I can. I ordered the Slim Series, it's the advance version of Slim in 6, I've been told nothing but good things about the Slim Series for sliming down.

Kathy
Old 04-21-2003, 05:20 PM   #4  

Kathy, I know what you mean about trying every diet under the sun. I have soooo many diet books you just can't imagine! What is the Slim Series? That's one I've never heard of. Yep, I've been watching Suzanne for the past couple of days. When she does Somersizing I keep thinking maybe going back to doing that. Her WOE is similar to the SBD, except Ssizing you can have full fat stuff. I've gained about 3 lbs back when I went off the Grapefruit Diet. I'm sure after yesterday's feast I've probably gained even more! Back to the drawing board

Take care,
Aleka
Old 04-21-2003, 06:25 PM   #5  

Angry back

KIT, thanks. I am like you both there is not plan i have not been on. or a pill i have not taken.lol i just always wanted a easy way and some of me still does. lol but i know now its going to take some work on me and i am not going to lose it fast at my age especially.lol I figure if i am trying then what ever is meant to be will be.. i have a different attitude i use most of the time. Now yesterday easter i really never over ate or ate that many wrong things. but i just got off my plan with not watching my portions. now that is what i really have to get down to the bottom of any eating plan i go for. is my portions.... I am up +3 today so my work is out for me this week. ha What is that new one KIt??? i have never heard of it either... let us know. hey gals i just got a new email to i can give to friends. so feel free to email me now... it is [email protected] its a free one. I have yahoo messenger so just got it for a back up email address. had ivillage and they done away with it... its fun to have one i can give out freely.ha i love getting email. ha so let me know what the plan is KIT. does it cost????? ha well hey you both have a great day. i will be back i imagine. love coming in here at least not eating.ha I had my regular walk this am and a nice one. sprinkling but i do not mind. just use the old umbrella and stay dry. Lunch... few bites of turkey. i was taking it off the bones and all. was not all that hungry... dinner...... turkey.ha ha ha salad... boiled eggs... i have it planned early wonder why????? ha well hey have a good afternoon... LaDean Oh yes aleka thanks for putting our new name on.. is neat like it.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:45 AM   #6  

Hi everyone,

Aleka- I'm sorry you agained your weight back, i'm back to the drawing board as well. It's just awful, i'm not going on anymore diets! i'm just going to eat moderately, watch my carbs and try to be as sugar free as I can. I'm not going to cut anything out of my diet, I just going to watch portion size and eat moderately.

LaDean-I'm sorry your weight is up too, I to gained back 3# since last week. Are you still going to do the SBD? It does sound good and healthy but i'm so tired of trying this and that, I don't have anymore fight left in me.

So i've been working out regularly no slacking off and the best part is I have my energy back now that i'm not on any type of "low to no carb diet". I usually do Cathe Friedrichs tapes, you can check her out at www.cathe.com but I started out w/ the firm, almost 10yrs ago. Cathe is more advanced and she has kick A$$ videos!

Since i've been doing strictly Cathe I need a break something new for a while so I orded the Slim Series. It's the advacnced version of Slim in 6. You can check it out at: http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...t=0&iSubCat=68 it's supose to be so hard and gets greats results. You can check around the site for their message board and also sucess stories. I'm usually a heavy weight lifter but I won't be lifting more than 3-5# on this series, it's high reps and fast movements to really get you cut and slim. I can't wait for my order to arrive. Their are some great reviews at VideoFitness.

Kathy
Old 04-22-2003, 10:54 AM   #7  

Unhappy A raw and rainy Tues.

Kathy, your eating plan sounds like a very smart thing to do. That way if you are eating your favorite foods, it would be something to do for life. I talked to my friend who gave me the grapefruit diet. She also went off it. She told me that she had lost about 15 lbs., but gained 9 of them back. She told me that she was going back on it. I told her that I wasn't because the weight can come back on in a matter of days. I clicked onto the links you posted. They both sound really interesting. I was amazed at the before and after pictures. Right now I am having a problem with my right arm and my back. I am going to OT and she is giving me strength training exercises to do with an elastic toning cord. She has me starting out slowly. She also showed me some stretches for my back and that is slowly coming around. I do walk a little, a lot slower than my normal pace, and don't go as far. It's a good walk to take my dog, and I do. Keep us posted on your Slim Series.

LaDean, Sorry that you're weight is up, but I'm sure it's only temporary, just water weight from Easter dinner. It doesn't seem fair that it's so hard to take weight off when you're older and put it on faster. I'm at a weight now where my body seems to want to hold onto every pound. How is the SB diet coming along today? Are you still doing it? I am sort of doing it I did have fruit and then cereal this morning. I've been meaning to ask you. Does Tuffy have a tail? Lacee has one. It's a little long and tilts up at the end...sort of like a wide "U". Boy, does that tail wag!

Hope you both have a good day.
Aleka
Old 04-22-2003, 01:25 PM   #8  

Angry Kathy, LaDean

I sent you both a Personal Message. Let me know what you would like to do.

Aleka
Old 04-22-2003, 02:02 PM   #9  

Angry got it

Hi, yes just got it and sent you a reply... i am wondering if its ok to talk about our dogs on here. lol oh well is life. tuffy has a stub tail. it is short like a pigs tail and does stick straight up. no hair at all on it. he sits on his bottom so much.... i know lacees is so cute. i should have wrote this on a pm.ha well should we just wait till we decided.
here goes...... I will put my exercise and all on our board. not bother the other ones.
4/22 4 mile walk
breakfast..... scramble eggs, peppers cooked in them. slice of turkey....
that is as far as i have gotten.... yes i am sticking to it today pretty much. had the bread yesterday but remembered not today.... let me know how its going... LaDean
Old 04-22-2003, 05:34 PM   #10  

Angry LaDean, Kathy,

Sent you another private message.
Aleka
Old 04-22-2003, 06:48 PM   #11  

Angry just got it

Hi, just got it also and responded. My day is going so so. just had some noodles and dressing. was last of it. so i will just allow for and get better with this... ha well have a good day. LaDean
Old 04-23-2003, 07:00 AM   #12  

Smile

See you both on Somersizing!

Aleka
Closed Thread