Old 10-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #1  

Default rough couple of days

Hi all, I have had a rough couple of days...not feeling well, not getting all the veggies in, feeling yuckie....and my motivation has hit rock bottom...anyone else been here?
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Yep. I get that way about the 2nd week into my diets. I was that way last week. I was doing good, but was feeling sore, so I gave myself a break day, which turned into three days and eating like it was going out of style. Almost gave up completely. Luckily for me, I got over it. I'm competing in a couple challenges here and on a Motorola site... The Moto one tracks my calories everytime I work out and puts it up on a leaderboard with about 5 other contestants. I shot up to 1st place and I became committed to holding onto that spot! I'm actually starting to feel a little guilty already because I have a Dr. appointment today that I know will leave me out of commission for the night, so I won't be getting any kind of workout in and will probably lose my top spot. Old me would've just shrugged it off, but new me really wants to stay number 1!

You'll bounce back. If you're feeling under the weather, just take it easy until you're back 100%. While you're recuperating, go through the Goal threads so you don't lose sight of your own.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #3  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Yeah, I can relate. It's not so much a question of motivation - I kind of feel like I'm gonna do this even if it kills me, but just feeling "blah". Not cheating, not gonna cheat, but not feeling good physically either. Hungry, weak, tired almost every day. Makes total sense about not working out, I usually go home and have a nap every day because my energy level is non-existant.

If I remember correctly, you don't have tons to lose either do you? If so, just keep your eye on the target - there IS AND END IN SIGHT. That's what I keep telling myself. And I don't mean that means binging - but just having enough calories and carbs to be able to feel normal again - and start hitting the gym again. I feel like my muscles are going to atrophy soon.

Hang in there!!!!! Please - you are worth it!! DON'T CHEAT!! It won't help - you'll just feel guilty.

I just saw your stats - OK you have a bit of a longer target but just look at the inspirational folks on here that have done this before you and are continuing to do so. You just have to get into a ryhthm. I think part of the reason I feel so lousy is because of what John explained once about Leptin levels being lower for people that don't have much to lose - therefore we are hungry (and in my case weak) all the time.

Last edited by slow2lose; 10-25-2012 at 03:21 PM.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #4  

Not going to cheat I just don't care if I eat everything. I have been so diligent for the past 4 weeks and I just don't care right now. I had knee surgery, replacement, in May and it is hurting a lot and I am having to stay off of it. Not easy working full time. By the end of the day all I want is my bed not food.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote