Weight Loss Support - Would you record it?

View Full Version : Would you record it?

mimsyborogoves
10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
My scale showed me 175.5 this morning, a 2 pound loss since Tuesday's "official" weigh-in. The excited part of me wants to put it down, the practical part of me thinks it's too good to be true and I should wait to see what it says on Monday or Tuesday. What would y'all do?

LockItUp
10-25-2012, 11:37 AM
If I see it, I record it!

Lakilaulea
10-25-2012, 11:43 AM
I record my weight every morning in my journal, but only post my weight every Monday for the challenge I'm doing. Sometimes I see crazy loss throughout the week, but by the time I have to give my official weigh in, it raises a bit or levels off. Like this week, I recorded 220 on Monday, but today I'm 216.2. I won't change my number because I'm sure by next Monday I won't be 216.2. I dunno. I feel like if I do, I jinx myself.

bargoo
10-25-2012, 11:46 AM

Me, too !!!

twinieten
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I record my weight every day. It might go up the next day, and it might go down. I have an official weekly weigh-in spreadsheet as well.

toastedsmoke
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Unless the weekly weigh-in figure is for the purpose of a challenge or something, I'd definitely record it! Congrats!

Missy Krissy
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Personally I wouldn't. I like to make weekly notes, that way I don't get upset when I gain .5 pounds one day because when I look weekly it's always a loss overall (knock on wood).

gatorgirl6
10-25-2012, 12:12 PM
I record everyday, but judge loss on a weekly basis. I am trying to learn how my body responds to different things, so I need the every day results. It may be a fluctuation. If you feel that you will be disappointed if you record it and it is a fluctuation, then wait - no harm done.

mimsyborogoves
10-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I think I'm gonna put it down. Putting it down for me means updating MyFitnessPal and changing my signature and tickers, lol. I don't keep up with it in a journal. Typically what I do is change everything when I see a loss, and then I don't change it again until I see a number lower than than the previous one. So I guess I don't see why this one should be any different; it's probably because I'm not used to seeing such low numbers for my body, lol. Hard to believe!!

Arctic Mama
10-25-2012, 12:52 PM

Ditto.

1spunkygal
10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
HAPPY for you ! & be happy for yourself BUT I would record the official # on the "official day" that's just my opinion.

Robin41
10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
If you normally record only on certain "official" days, then I wouldn't record it. I like to be able to compare week to week and you can't do that if you keep throwing in the occasional random weight; the information becomes less valuable to me that way.

BusyB
10-25-2012, 10:16 PM
The only place I post my weight is in this forum. I wait until I've had the same weight for a couple to three days in a row, the. I figure it's legit.

JohnP
10-25-2012, 10:29 PM
I hope that someday this forum will not be obsessed with what the scale says.

Regardless - I would record it.:D

dorrie
10-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Yes Yes Yes! I would too!!

BreathingSpace
10-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Well for me, I figure if the scale shows a low number, that means technically my body has reached that number at some point.

Because of water weight, hormone fluctuations, etc., if you tracked your weight every day and looked at it in an entire month, you would see crazy fluctuations.

So if I see one or two days that I'm super low, then I figure, yes, at some point during the month I technically weighed that, so BOOYAH, on record it goes!! LOL.

brethan
10-26-2012, 05:53 PM
If you have been keeping to your schedule go ahead!

Misti in Seattle
10-27-2012, 07:32 AM
If I get it, it counts! But then I weigh every day and don't have an "official" weigh-in day. But I often do bounce back up a pound or two a day after I have a drop, but I count the lower weight since I know I have not cheated

Love2Lift
10-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Definately use it as motivation and to keep you going, but you should try to schedule a weekly weigh-in. Early morning, before you eat on the same day every week will give you a solid grasp of the weight changes without worrying about the day-to-day fluctuations. Great job! Stay motivated :)

mimsyborogoves
10-27-2012, 11:46 AM
I've lost another pound since then... talk about a woosh this week, lmao. I'm not recording this one though, I wanna wait til Monday so my body can settle down, I guess.

dstalksalot
10-27-2012, 12:07 PM
I have only been recording my new lows. My body fluctuates too much on a day to day basis to record every day. If I am on plan, the trend will be down.