Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home, 4/21 - 4/27

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 04-21-2003, 09:29 AM   #2  

Carla - I'm glad to hear that the water weight is gone. How did Easter go?

Sabrina - congratulations on the maintain. It's always a victory in my book.

I'm posting a gain of 0.4. Not what I wanted to see but considering TOM and Passover, I told myself before I stepped on the scale that if my gain was less than 1 pound I would be happy and I am. My weekend was so-so. I exercised both days and Tony and I even got out onto the tennis court yesterday morning. I did OK at my sil's - I only had 1 slice of ham and lots of veggies - and I didn't have that stuffed feeling afterwards. I brought some Passover goodies with me for dessert but didn't have any - maybe I should have because I snacked a bit too much when we got home last night. Oh well, today is the beginning of the week and I am determined to stay within my point range (no deficits) which is the hard part of the program for me.

Have a great one,
Judy

163.6/155.6/135 and 76/240 workouts
Old 04-21-2003, 09:53 AM   #3  

Hi! My name is Kori. I have posted on here a few months ago. Since then SOOOO much has happened in my life-- move across the states, and yes the dreaded weight gain! The nearest WW to where I live now is over a 45 minute drive. I am really looking for some support, advise and anything else I am posting my weight at 160lbs with a very heart. I'm also looking forward to all your your wonderful advice. Have a great week ladies

Kori
Old 04-21-2003, 01:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - With TOM and passover, that very small gain is good. Shows how well you did. Just think what that number would have been if you hadn't paid attention to what you ate. Sounds like you did really well at Easter dinner. Good for you. Our dinner went fine. I enjoyed it, but didn't stuff myself. I even saw a small loss at my sneek peak this morning. I hope it's still there on Wednesday - I'm in the midst of PMS and it's a hard one this cycle.

Kori - Welcome back. We'll certainly give you the support you need, every step of the way. A major upheaval such as the move you made can certainly throw us back into poor eating habits. Just jump back on the wagon and you'll be back in track in no time.

This will be a challenging week - lunch with a friend tomorrow and then dinner with Judy on Thursday. Though, being with Judy will help keep me on the straight and narrow! I'm also battling a head cold/possible sinus infection, so I'm really going to have to muster up reserves of energy to get my exercise in. But I will do it. I have a dr. appt in a couple of weeks. Well, off to have some lunch - leftovers of course. Luckily I have lots of cut-up veggies and some low-fat dip to enjoy. Yum.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-21-2003, 07:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,
Ladies I am impressed and jealous. You have all done beautifully over the holidays. I on the other hand have to report a 1 pound increase last week and the sneak peak for this week looks horrible. I went and gave blood today and was so embarassed to admit my weight. The Easter candy is gone (the kids got up early today and fixed their own breakfast, straight from their Easter baskets). I am just glad it is out of the house. I am thinking of going back to meetings. I heard they have gone back to the weekly pay plan. It used to be you had to fork out $100+ to start out, that is not im the budget right now. I am watching my hubbie do Atkins, and so far he has lost over 22 pounds. It is killing me, but I know if I did that plan it wouldn't stay off, it is just feasible for me to not have carbs (espeacially the fruit).

I have babbled long enough, enjoy the week and I will check in tomorrow.

Anne

Kori, I am looking forward to getting to know you. Welcome
Old 04-22-2003, 10:24 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Back to reality after a four day long weekend!

Judy, don't fret about your little gain, it'll be gone this week and take some more with it! When do you head to Chicago?

Carla, well done on your moderation at Easter! I'm sure you and Judy will keep each other on the straight and narrow at dinner on Thursday!

Kori - welcome back. Hope you'll be able to check in often.

Anne, that's good that all the candy is gone...hang in there, and if it takes meetings to get you going, then it's a good idea.

I had a pretty good weekend for the most part. I had a brief encounter with some chocolate covered almonds, but other than that, I did okay. I worked on a paper most of yesterday, and tonight it's hockey...Go Canucks!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 02:12 PM   #7  

Hi Kori and welcome back. I know you'll find great support here.

Carla - I'm sorry to hear that you are battling a cold/sinus infection - don't you get sick on me! Seriously though, if you are not feeling well, it's OK to take a rest from exercising - maybe just some stretching. I don't push it when I'm fighting off illness - I figure my body needs its energy to fight off the bug. Good for you for doing so well on Easter!! As for dinner on Thursday, I figure we'll either keep each other OP or we'll dive head first into those homemade potato chips you mentioned they have at the restaurant ;-) I can't wait!

Anne - Sorry to hear about the gain but I have a feeling that in the past the holiday damage would have been worse, right? Just don't beat yourself up about it. When I do that, it can lead to the "I screwed up so now I'm going to dive head first into [fill in the blank]". I ended up going back to meetings because it was convenient and I have a good leader (and now lots of friends there too). I say do what you have to do. Having tried a couple of low carb days a week a while back, I know I could *never* do Atkins and keep it off.

Karen B - Good for you for having a good holiday weekend. Chocolate covered almonds happen - as long long as it stopped there you're OK. That's why I think this plan works for the long term. I head to Chicago Thursday afternoon and head home on Sunday. I'm not looking forward to flying but I can't wait to meet Carla (!!!!!!), work out with great instructors and see a lot of my VF friends who don't live on the east coast. I hope the Canucks do well!

I had an OK day yesterday. I did a tough new workout and ate a little bit below max. I'm trying to have some food and activity points in the bank for my trip this week. I'll be eating out at every meal from Thursday pm through Sunday morning. Good thing I'll be doing a lot of workouts!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-22-2003, 03:32 PM   #8  

Can I join you?? Do you have an age limit because I am really old.
haha I can't afford to join WW right now but, have been a member before so I know about the points. I am having such a hard time staying OP without going to the meetings...I was hoping for some help here. If I could afford to rejoin I would in a heart beat, but then I would have to pay for the gas...I live in a rural area and the closest meeting if 35 miles away. Kathy
Old 04-23-2003, 09:41 AM   #9  

Welcome flabbythighs! (is there another name I can use to address you??) - of course you can join and there is no age limit here.

I had a so-so day yesterday. I did a strength (total body) workout but I snacked a bit too much. I still have a few points in the bank though so if I can shut off the eating this evening I should start my trip in a good place point-wise.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-23-2003, 11:17 AM   #10  

Hi all.

Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday. I was out of the house pretty much all day.

Anne - I'll echo Judy - don't beat yourself up. The candy is out of the house (wish I could say the same for my house) and it's time for a fresh start. And by all means, if the meetings would be beneficial to you, then go. I've been thinking about joining a meeting as well. I'm thinking that maybe the fear of public shame would help me behave. As for the Atkins plan, I couldn't do it either. First of all, I'm not that big of a meat eater and secondly, I would be really resentful of not having any carbs and would tank the diet probably a week into it.

Karen - Chocolate covered almonds are evil. I'm glad to hear that your encounter with them was brief and that the rest of your weekend went well. Much as I love school and would love to go back, the thought of writing papers again makes me shudder. I love to write and I loved doing the research, but coming up with ideas for topics was pure agony for me.

Judy - Don't you worry - I'd have to be pretty much on my deathbed to miss our dinner! Don't forget to bring pictures! I'm thinking we can keep each other from doing too much damage, but knowing that we both love our wine.... That many meals out will be tough, but as you say you'll be doing a lot of workouts, so it should all even out.

Flabbythighs - Of course you're welcome to join us. And of course we don't have an age limit. Stick with us and we'll help you meet those short and long-term goals.

Well, the Easter leftovers are out of the house, so I guess I'll have to come up with some menu ideas. Sigh. It's a beautiful sunny day here. I should be on the bike or taking a walk, but I'm still congested and feeling yucky. We'll see. At any rate, John and I are off to the bank to get some papers notarized to start the process for a second adoption. Tomorrow I have a phone interview with the H.R. person from Citicards that called me a couple of weeks ago. As much as I'm conflicted about going back to work, this sounds like a pretty good opportunity. The commute will be better and it's working with processes and data rather than customers. I've pretty much burned out on customers. On the downside, it would be a significant pay cut, but in this market I was anticipating that would happen. As for the trip to the scale this morning, I had a maintain. Better than a gain and good for Easter weekend, but I had lost some of that water weight last week. I guess it found me again and I'm not surprised, given that I'm in the throes of PMS and feel like a water balloon that's about to burst.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 04-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #11  

thank you so much for letting me join you....I would love to lose 10lbs by memorial day....I think that is doable don't you??? Kathy
Old 04-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #12  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Busy week for me again. We have a flu bug at work...could be worse, at least it's not SARS. Anyway, lots of sickies & I have to do all the data collection and stats on top of all my regular work.

Flabbythighs...welcome! Hope you'll find the support here that you're looking for! When is memorial day? Being Canadian, I can't keep up with all your holidays.

Carla - how cool that you're starting the wheels in motion for another adoption. Will you be looking to Bolivia again? Good luck on the phone interview too. Congrats on the maintain.

Judy - enjoy your trip...good for you for getting in your strength workout.

Judy & Carla - I hope you both have a wonderful dinner together; I know you'll have plenty to talk and laugh about! Raise a glass of water (or wine, preferably red) to your old pal Karen.

I forgot to weigh in this morning. I'll do it tomorrow. I think I might get back into daily weighing. I'm starting to let the weekly weigh ins slide.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:55 AM   #13  

Hi all,

Kathy - Memorial Day is 5.5 weeks away, so losing 10 pounds is doable.

Karen - Sounds like you're one busy chick. No, we're not going to Bolivia this time. Bolivia had closed it's program to the states because we had not yet implemented the Hague convention that calls for each country participating in international adoption to set up a central clearinghouse for paperwork, etc. Of course, Bolivia hasn't implemented it yet either, but they hold the cards so to speak. At any rate, they decided last year to let the states back in, but then their congress didn't vote on it before their recess. Our agency pretty much said "don't hold your breath". We want to stay in that region, so we're trying for Ecuador. Because of our ages, that might be dicey. We're going to have to take an older child - 3 or so, which is fine, but they might turn us down. If so, we'll go to Guatamala. Judy and I will definitely raise a glass of wine to you tonight.

We ended up going out for Mexican food last night, but I did really well throughout the day, so it all worked out. I'm going to eat lightly today to save points for tonight. And now it's getting to be time for my interview.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-24-2003, 02:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

Kathy welcome. Can I join you in your quest to lose 10 by Memorial Day?

Carla and Judy enjoy your dinner tonight. It must be a strange feeling meeting someone in person who you have only talked to online.

Karen congrats on your Canucks doing well. Do they play tonight? All of Mike's teams (Sharks and Sabres) are out, so he is now enjoying watching his least favorites go down ( there was a big celebration when the Red Wings were taken out).

I am reporting another gain. I am back up to 186. I have not exercised in so long so I plan to get back at it. I know that is the only way I can join Kathy in the 10 pounds by Memorial Day.

Anne
Old 04-24-2003, 04:46 PM   #15  

Wonderful....I would love the company!!!! I tried to do pilates today!! I will continue with it but I wasn't very good.
Kathy
Closed Thread