Old 10-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #1  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Unhappy Waaahhh only half a pound this week

So my first reaction is "what did I do wrong" but maybe it's just one of those things? This week was no different than the previous weeks really - and I do measure out my meats and vegies so I know they are OK - 10 glasses of water + whatever extra needed with coffee, only extras are WF products.

There are 2 things though - I did forget to take off my HUGE BLINGY stainless steel Guess watch this time - and I bet it weighs close to half a pound!!

AND I am a bit "bound up" this week. Not grossly so, it's not like I'm not going at all, but let's just say it's not as easy as it has been. My Coach told me to start taking the Novi-Lax tonight. It's the start of Week 5 for me today.

So I'm trying not to beat myself up over it too much and spend too much time looking back at last week.

The only other thing I find odd is that for every week up to now my home scale has been exactly 1 pound lower that hers (which I attribute to clothing and later in the day), but today it was off by 2 pounds. Hmmmm.

Oh well, here's hoping for better results next week.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

GRRRRRRRR...NO COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #3  
Back for a tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
GRRRRRRRR...NO COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does that mean??
Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #4  

Hey Slow, I'm sure I will encounter one of those weeks soon too. From what it looks like by those who have been on the program and have posted their weekly weight loss, a small week is to be expected but usually once you get off of that plateau it take a nice drop. There are other products you can use besides the novi lax that my coach told me about. Good luck and keep posting! I'm on week 4 btw!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #5  
Back for a tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Hey Slow, I'm sure I will encounter one of those weeks soon too. From what it looks like by those who have been on the program and have posted their weekly weight loss, a small week is to be expected but usually once you get off of that plateau it take a nice drop. There are other products you can use besides the novi lax that my coach told me about. Good luck and keep posting! I'm on week 4 btw!
Good luck to you too!! Well I've got 5.5 more to go so I guess I can't complain too much - but I don't want it to take me 10 weeks like it did with Weight Watchers, that's why I'm hoping this week was an anomaly. I want to be on Phase 4 for Christmas although I'm sure I'll need a tweak in the new year!!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
What does that mean??
It means we don't use the word "ONLY", you lost, be happy Your weight is so low that small losses should be expected.... there Wuv, you didn't have to say it. lol
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

The word only is not allowed to be used in regards to a loss in lbs during the week.

Any loss is good. If you need to visualize what half a lb of fat is, take 2 sticks of butter out of the fridge.

In case your coach didnt tell you, the weight loss is not exactly the same every week. Things like bloating & constipation can throw you off a week, but usually the following week makes up for it.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-23-2012 at 01:26 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #9  
Back for a tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
It means we don't use the word "ONLY", you lost, be happy Your weight is so low that small losses should be expected.... there Wuv, you didn't have to say it. lol
OK, I didn't know I made a faux pas!! It just reminds me of my Weight Watchers days of losing around half a pound a week for 14 weeks - that was really rough and why I decided to try IP - wanted to finally get this done and over with. Not the maintenance phase - the losing phase.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
OK, I didn't know I made a faux pas!! It just reminds me of my Weight Watchers days of losing around half a pound a week for 14 weeks - that was really rough and why I decided to try IP - wanted to finally get this done and over with. Not the maintenance phase - the losing phase.

I think because you are down to the last 5 lbs it might be kind of slow for you now. Just hang in there and you will get to goal.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #11  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

It means -

* give thanks - look at the bright side - you LOST

* not every week is going to be the same; sometimes you might even gain

* not every week will show massive amts of loss

* stick to the plan and have patience and you'll be fine

Quote:
So my first reaction is "what did I do wrong" but maybe it's just one of those things? This week was no different than the previous weeks really - and I do measure out my meats and vegies so I know they are OK - 10 glasses of water + whatever extra needed with coffee, only extras are WF products.

There are 2 things though - I did forget to take off my HUGE BLINGY stainless steel Guess watch this time - and I bet it weighs close to half a pound!!

AND I am a bit "bound up" this week. Not grossly so, it's not like I'm not going at all, but let's just say it's not as easy as it has been. My Coach told me to start taking the Novi-Lax tonight. It's the start of Week 5 for me today.

So I'm trying not to beat myself up over it too much and spend too much time looking back at last week.

The only other thing I find odd is that for every week up to now my home scale has been exactly 1 pound lower that hers (which I attribute to clothing and later in the day), but today it was off by 2 pounds. Hmmmm.

Oh well, here's hoping for better results next week.
marlenesuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
What does that mean??
It means you are working on your last few pounds; your weight is in a good range for your height so .5 is likely about what you can expect to lose in a week.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #13  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Half a pound is better than no pounds, or a gain.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Congrats, you are within your normal BMI range! Most of us have in the 100's to lose to get there! I, for one, can't wait!

Keep at it!
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 242/208(IP)/158/140

Height: 5'0

Default I am in the same boat

I have 20 more to go and now it has slowed right down to a pound a week. Which is better than nothing or a gain, but it makes it sooooo hard not to cheat. This is going to test my patience and faith in the program. But I know that it will come off eventually...I just might be doing this past Christmas sigh. My goal was to be done for my bday on christmas eve.

My coach gave me a plan last night to try and switch things up, cut my restricted items to 3 times a week. On the days I don't have a restricted item, eat an egg with my IP packet in the morning. We'll see how next weigh in is.

Last edited by Bellybuttonlint403; 10-24-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Bellybuttonlint403 is offline   Reply With Quote