Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/265/165

Height: 5'7

Default Hey everybody...Newbie here looking for support

My current weight is 265 on 7/23 I was at 291...So I lost some weight. My ideal goal is to be 160. I fell of the wagon for about 4 weeks..But I want to get back on track... My problem is I'm lazy..I really want to exercise but It's hard for me to get motivated.. I would love to hear some suggestions, sucess stories and just all around encouragement from people. Doing this alone is sooo depressing..
jodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

I just make myself do it everyday. I get dressed in my workout clothes first thing in the morning and as soon as my kids are gone for school, off I go. Sometimes I don't want to, but I do it anyway. When i want to give up I just tell myself just 1 more minute, just one more minute and then I just keep going. It is getting to where I look forward to the sweating, I can feel my legs are getting stronger, my arms are getting stronger and I am losing weight. You are so not alone in this, you found a really good place to be among people fighting every day right along with you.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #3  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

You came to the right place!! The most important thing is to be consistent, make yourself do it every day, even if it is just a little bit, because eventually it will become a habit to you. We have somewhat similar stats so I know how you feel, it is a long and hard journey but the payoff is so worth it in the long run.

One thing I tell myself about working out on those harder to stay motivated days is this: Workout for at least ten minutes, if after ten minutes, you want to give up then fine, at least you got some sweating in. But 9 times out of 10, I finish, and finish strong. Once you start there's no need to stop unless you are feeling sick or hurt!

OH and one more thing. This site has helped me tremendously in getting back on track. Utilize your tools, the support from people in the same boat is amazing here. Join up in some of the challenges to make it more fun, accountability threads are great too. Since you are in the 100lb club, there are specific threads for every ten pounds you are losing, such as one being in the 290s or 280s, I'm currently in the 230s to 220s thread, and so on. It's great to be able to communicate with others going through the same thing!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 10-23-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! This place is a great place, so stick around

I kind of hate to exercise. I do it anyway. I do it first thing in the morning. Like one of the previous posters, I get it done right away in the morning. I don't send my kids off to school (they are homeschooled), so I exercise as soon as I send hubby out the door to work. It's done before the kids get up (or they get up and watch netflix on my laptop which I make sure is ready for them just in case they get up before I'm done). I do Walk Away the Pounds videos. They give me a good workout without killing me or leaving me feeling discouraged.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #5  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Maybe just focus on one thing right now like diet, as it's the largest contributor to weight loss. As time goes by and you are losing weight, you may find yourself with more motivation to exercise.

I know I was tired all the time before, and gained more and more energy the more I lost.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #6  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Ill add maybe you should start off with some form of exercise that is fun to you instead of something u hate like maybe swimming or just getting outside for a walk or to play a game also trampolines are a lot of fun or riding bike start off easy and work your way up your motivation will grow as you just keep active. Congrats on getting back on the weightloss wagon too best of luck to you!

Last edited by going2bskinny; 10-24-2012 at 08:44 AM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

I too am naturally incredibly lazy. I don't even like to sit; my favourite position is curled up in a ball lying on my size with a good book. I've wished I had telekinesis so I didn't have to get up to get the remote, I totally get where you're coming from. I used to hate exercise too and role my eyes almost out of my head when people said "find something you love." But it's so true. It's not always easy to find something you love if you're not one of life's naturally active/nature types but it's doable.

First of, I started out going to the gym after work. I packed my gym stuff in the car and wasn't allowed to go home unless I stopped at the gym; I told myself I only had to be there for 30 minutes and I could leave and the truth is, you always feel better and accomplished after a workout, that feeling is addictive. So that became my base, I had to go to the gym X amount of times a week.

How I found something I loved however, is through work out videos. I started acquiring workout videos of different kinds: walking, step aerobics, dance of different kinds, yoga, pilates, circuits, aerobics and eventually kickboxing which I found out I loved! I tried different things with the rules being, I only had to stick to 30 minutes a day, but before I knew it, I was doing 1 hr, even 2 some days.

My suggestion would be just to give yourself a minimum base exercise you want to do per week and commit to it. You don't have to love it at first- I brush and floss daily but it's not like I have a lot of love for it; it just needs to get done. Ultimately for weight loss, it's much more about food than exercise so stay disciplined with the food part; for most people the results they see eventually motivate them to get on track with the exercise part as well.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 291/265/165

I just want to thank everybody for their words of encouragement. I have started to take a walk around my building at work.. It noly takes @ 10 min. but it's a start..right?? I do it before work..so there's not too many people around...At the moment I'm very self conscious.
But thanks again everybody for being so nice..
jodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #9  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

It's definitely a good start! You're definitely several steps ahead of sitting at your desk and doing nothing. Soon you might even be doing multiple circuits per day and then one day, a lean mean walking machine!! Point is, every little bit counts and you're already on your way! Well done!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 10-24-2012 at 02:04 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Walking around the building is a fantastic start. But don't worry about what anyone else thinks! Just do it - maybe again at your lunch break. Or work up to 2 laps in less than 20 minutes. Or go 1/4 of the way around and turn back after the first lap to get 1 1/2 laps in. Just keep doing it and try to make it a little more every few days. Great job.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote