Weight Loss Support - Just for A Week Challenge (Second Edition)

Amarantha2
04-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Yo! Listen up! We know what it's all about, so less said the better! Short me-me reports as well as long me-me reports encouraged!

Let's kick some :dance: b*tt this week by declaring challenges to ourselves and sticking to 'em!! :drill: If there's a snafu, we don't wanna hear the excuses ... we just wanna keep on slogging! :drill:

As my heroine, the intrepid Queen Vicky saith, "We ain't interested in no freakin' failure discussions!"

I absolutely PROMISE this is the longest post I will do this week!

Yo, Challengers, WE CAN DO THIS, WE REALLY CAN!

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

Amarantha2
04-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Amarantha's Daily Goals

1) No more than 1800 calories

2) Gym each day open

3) No cupcakes

Amarantha's challenge last week produced a weight loss of .4 pounds. She be also building muscle and good habits that will lead to larger gains in the future. She be calling last week a rousing success! Woo-hoo!

:drill:

Amarantha2
04-20-2003, 11:54 AM
For inspiration ...

I am reporting an official loss of 3lbs for the first One-Week Challenge! (And yes, I did the obligatory three weigh-ins in different areas of the bathrooms to make sure the digital demon scale didn't vary!)

Average calories eaten for the week were 1559 (not deducting what was burned in exercise). I need to work on getting more protein in, as the average was 18%. Mygoal for this week was to keep the carbs around 50%. Carbs are my safe foods with my gut problems, and I can easily eat nothing but bread, pasta, etc. if I don't pay attention. Average carbs for the past week came in at 45%!

I'm calling this week a success, and looking forward to a brand new week!

And on Day 6, Morrigan posted:

Thanks aramantha -

day 6 nearly over and I have even survived a dinner party and a night at my folks house. I have lost about 3 lbs and am feeling really great.

Things are starting to come together.

Wildfire
04-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Well aren't we a fabulous bunch of losers! Congrats Amarantha and Morrigan! :cb: :cb:

Goals for this week: :chin:

Keep calories under 1800 (this can be net of exercise) preferably in the 1500 range
Take my multi-vitamin every day
Drink 6-8 glass of water
Use the treadmill every day
Aim to keep carb total under 50%
Sleep at least 7 hours per night
Plan meals ahead

I would like to see a two-pound loss next Sunday, but I will be happy with a one-pound loss.

deleted2
04-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Here's my plans for the coming week:

1. At least 8 glasses of water per day.
2. Plan all meals and snacks.
3 Keep calories around 1500-1800 per day.
4. No mindless stress-eating. No empty calories!
5. If I can't do my regular workouts, I'll do something abbreviated--no blowing it off!

Good luck, everybody!

Wildfire
04-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Reporting a successful Day One, ending with calories at 1607! Did my exercise, took my vitamin, drank my water, meals planned for the week....just have to get to bed by 10pm!

Just six more days...we can do THAT! :drill:

Amarantha2
04-20-2003, 11:46 PM
My Day One Report

Calories? 1800; Goal Met? You Bet!

Gym? Closed!

No Cupcake? Nary a nibble!

Gym Days Completed Since Joined (Personal Goal: 365)? 22

Note: I got to exactly 1800 by counting out the pieces in a bag of Power Bar nibblers ... there are 22, so they are less than 10 calories each (bag is 210). I was at 1750 calories but hungry. I ate five and counted them 50 calories.

Yes, Wildfire, WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Eydie: Here is the magic wand! :wizard:

:drill:

anagram
04-21-2003, 08:06 AM
Hahoo! I'm in.

Simple goals - water - 64 oz a day for this week (or next six days since I'm a day late). Limit tea to 4 cups a day - 2 green, 2 regular.

Vigorous yard work at least one half hour a day except when raining.

Walk or pool another half hour a day. Substitution of ski machine or exercise tape allowed.

Food - get back to more fruits/veggies. Cut back on sweets/carbs. Moderation in all.

Positivity and joy in all I do.

No excuses - I am a Queen of the Royal Court.

MissWashu
04-21-2003, 01:50 PM
6 days of simplicity...

- 48 oz. of water daily
- no sweet breads, no chips
- 1/2 hour of movement at least.

-W-

deleted2
04-21-2003, 04:15 PM
So far so good. The only bad thing was I indulged in a few small peppermint patties and as I was walking on the treadmill, it occurred to me that I was only breaking even--that is, burning the calories in the peppermint patties. It really illustrated how I could be ahead of the game if I could cut out 200 calories or so a day.

Amarantha2
04-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Post-last night's post, I can report that I carried the evening off in fine fettle. Did gym already. Full report this evening, traveling now and this challenge is what's keeping me on track. Woo-hoo! No excuses, as I won't need 'em this week!!! :drill:

Punkinseed
04-21-2003, 05:11 PM
PFC :queen: Punkin reporting for duty, SIR! :drill:

Today, quite a winner so far ~

I started the day with 12 minutes of elliptical elation and a successful 2 fer 2 in the meal and snack department. Must get more water in though!

Goal for this week - 15-20 minutes of elliptical elation every morning and some sort of activity after work - either more elliptical, yoga, weight lifting, house cleaning (you get the picture - anything other than sitting on my hiney).

Sound off, 1, 2
Sound off, 3, 4
Sound off, 1, 2, 3, 4 I don't wanna be fat ANY MORE!!! :drill:

(yea, I'm silly, so indulge me)
Terri

Wildfire
04-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Calories are only at 1277, and I'm done for the day. A little low after I take off 200 on the treadmill, but I think that's okay. Yesterday was higher than usual, but still under 1800, so it will all balance out. I'm quite full, too...had an omelette for dinner.:T

Vitamin - taken!
Water - done!
Carbs - 44%!
Treadmill - next on agenda!
Meals planned - yesterday!
Sleep - No Problem!

Five more days - we can do THAT, too! :drill:

anagram
04-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Ah, if all days were like this one, I'd have this whole gig beat.

Water - 88 oz (goal - 64) plus 4 cups tea
Exercise - Walked and gardened above goal
Food - at approx. 1700

Attitude - Great!

Amarantha2
04-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Yo! Welcome aboard (or is that the navy?) to Anagram, Punkin and Ms. W, who visiteth the boot camp for the first time and a big :wave: to returnees, including ME-ME!!!

In the spirit of brevity, I shall report I've been AMAZINGLY FOCUSED AND ON-TARGET today ... may I also say to :queen: Anagramatic that there's no IFs about it ... we're lean, mean royal :queen:s and we've accepted the challenge and we're gonna do it one day at a time (at least until Sunday!) :drill: We've got the gig beat, Anagramatic, the gig is ours! :)

Ahem, forgot brevity for a sec!

My Day Two Report

Calories? 1675; Goal Met? Was there ever a doubt?

Gym? Yes!

No Cupcake? Yes, I had NO cupcake!

Gym Days Completed Since Joined (Personal Goal: 365)? 23

SOUND OFF! (To quote :queen: Punkin) or would that be OVER AND OUT!

:drill: :drill: :drill:

Punkinseed
04-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Reporting in for day 2!

So far, not so bad...

~ Exercise - none due to a.m. headache (fear of head exploding while on elliptical and extra time spent having to clean it up made me abstain).
~ Food wise - not too shabby... shall make a good dinner tonight too as I have lovely, wonderful, scrumptious artichokes.
~ Attitude - A OK, still feel like I can do this!

:drill: PFC Punkin'
(aka Terri)

Amarantha2
04-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Hmmm. Day 3! Here 'tis and JUST WANTED TO BRIEFLY REMIND ALL CAMPERS THAT WE CAN DO THIS!!!! IT IS NOT A QUESTION, IT IS A FACT! :drill: (BTW, I think this is a female drill sergeant, just add hair ... her name is Sgt. Vic)

My Day Three Report

Calories? 1790; Goal Met? WELL, OF COURSE!

Gym? You bet!

No Cupcake? Check!

Gym Days Completed Since Joined (Personal Goal: 365)? 24

Posting this kind of early, but done with eating for day and going to bed to read!

:drill: :drill:

anagram
04-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Day 2 - Pretty good.

Exceeded goal in walking, gardening, water.

Did not exceed goal in calories - about 1700 ish again today, healthy, well balanced, etc.

Attitude - positively positive.

Weigh in tomorrow - feeling confident despite Easter weekend. Two whole days op gives me all sorts of confidence.

Wildfire
04-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Done!

(how's that for brief? :D)

deleted2
04-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Still doing well despite being surrounded by food. Did a reception last night and I have a lunch for 50 people today. It'll be a long day and I'll report in later to say if I had the energy for working out!

anagram
04-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Weigh in morning - or should I say reward morning?

Demon scale said 211 (twice) this morning. First read said 210.8 and put me in shock. I think it was 213.2 last week so that would be down 2.2. Swoon!

deleted2
04-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Survived the day and had a couple of "indiscretions" along the way---but nothing too bad, just a couple of cookies! No big deal and I'm back to the business at hand. In spite of being exhausted when I got home, I hauled my carcass onto the treadmill and walked 3 miles and then weeded a bit in the garden.
Looking forward to doing a full workout tomorrow!

Amarantha2
04-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Hoorah for Anagramatic's successful battle with Demon Scale!!!! :cp: WTG!!!

Ok, I know the FEMALE drill sergeant promised only ME-ME posts, but I wisheth to congratulate and thank all the wonderful campers who preserverth here!!! Wildfire: Brevity be thy name! :jig:

Eydie: Hoorah for the treadmill save!!! :strong:

Punkin: How goes it? :wave:

Arabella, Morrigan, Ms. W? Where be thou! Anyone I missed, apologies!

Ok, how brief was that? :)

Posting early, through eating for today!

My Day 4 Report

Calories? 1795; Goal Met? Roger, dodger!

Gym? You bet (all cardio day ... one hour on treadmill, fantastic, I want one)!

No Cupcake? Yahoo, no freakin' cupcake today!

Gym Days Completed Since Joined (Personal Goal: 365)? 25 (only 340 to go)!!!!

Weight is not significantly down but jeans are really loose, so expecting a happy meeting with Demon Scale this Sunday! Really getting strong and focused! I'm so focused it could be illegal!!!

Wildfire
04-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Had a run-in with a chocolate egg. The egg won. So, as tired as I am and would love to have a bath and go read in bed....I'm lacing up my sneakers and getting on the treadmill. No one can do this for me! If it's to be, it's up to me....or however the saying goes.

Anagram, congrats on two (point two!) :dance: :dance: pounds gone!

And Amarantha with loose jeans! :cb:

Okay, girls, just three more days till results day! Let's go for it! :drill:

simcoe
04-23-2003, 10:46 PM
Is it to late to jump in this week? Just heard about this great thread. I set new goals for myself after a difficult Easter.

My goals:

1. Keep under 1800 calories per day, after exercise.
2. Minimum of 30 minutes of exercise each day
3. Keep daily fats below 25%
4. Get down to 190lbs. from the current 192.

So far, so good this week. Did 35 minutes on the bike after figuring out that I can read 3FC journals while on the bike. I cannot believe my co-ordination :dizzy: Off to aerobics tomorrow.:strong: Thanks for the great words of encouragement.

Amarantha2
04-24-2003, 04:47 AM
Welcome to our boot campy place, Simcoe!!! It be never too late 'cause every day counts in this game! Hoorah!!! :drill: :)

Had run-in with several glasses of nonfat milk, some watermelon and a Luna bar just before midnight. Amended calorie to 2295 and no, didn't meet goal.

Hits for week 3.5/Misses .5

Am I discouraged? NO!!! :drill:

Over and out!

anagram
04-24-2003, 06:42 AM
Day 3 for me was pretty good as well. Ate healthy, didn't count though. Gardening was five minutes shy but walking was over goal. Watered me as well.

Loose jeans rule! Punkin, hope you're feeling better today.

Punkinseed
04-24-2003, 11:29 AM
PFC Punkin' back from being MIA! :drill:

No excuses yesterday - I was eating for comfort and made some bad choices. Today while feeling better I thought of other ways I could've handled it all and feel better prepared for the next time!
Multiple grilled cheese sandwiches don't make you feel anywhere NEAR as good as one cup of sugar free hot chocolate with a bit of kalua!

Isn't it all about learning????

:cb: to Anagram for booting 2 fluffies to the curb and a hearty hoRAA and welcome to Simcoe! :wave:

Terri ( :queen: o' Friday)
(my military gear is crushing my tiara!)

Hockeychic
04-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Can I join in???:wave:

Since it is very late in the week my goals are as follows:

Calories between 1200 -1500
Pilates 20 min daily
Cardio 30 min daily
1500 ml of water daily

How is that for now:strong:

Can I ask a question, what day of the week does this officially start on.

You gals are awesome!!!!!!:twirly:

MissWashu
04-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Miss W reporting, Maam!!!

Day 2 - top notch
Day 3 - a bite of cake... as there was no chocolate in the house. (lengthy explanation elsewhere)
Day 4 - so far so good :D

Attitude: Improving every day.

-W-

simcoe
04-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Day 4...so far so good also. Off to aerobics tonight. I tried soy nuts for the first time today:T Actually, pretty good...worked well for the salty/crunchy craving.

Cheers.

deleted2
04-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Excellent workout today!:D Walked 4 1/2 miles on the treadmill, mowed grass for an hour [with a walk-behind mower!], and 40 min. of joyful bellydancing. I am GOLDEN!

Wildfire
04-24-2003, 08:01 PM
:wave: Simcoe! Glad you joined us! It's never too late to start!

:wave: Hockeychic! Always room for more! We start the week on Sunday.

Goals met for the day, with just the treadmill to conquer. Calories at 1305 and plan to burn a few hundred of those off. Last night I switched my treadmill program from the Beginner Hills program to the next level....one long incline, plateau, and decline. Holy crow did my legs burn!

WE CAN DO IT! Just two more days! :drill:

(and I must add we're doing a fabulous job of it!)

simcoe
04-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Back from aerobics...did the tai-bo thing tonight.:o Met the goals I set today, but was up to 26% fat instead of 25%. This is a tough one, but only about 5% was saturated. Kept up with the water, too.

Calories about 1185 and burned about 350 tonight. Yikes!! Maybe a should have a snack:cbg: Anyway, congrats everyone on keeping goals...here's to a healthy tomorrow.

Amarantha2
04-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Welcome to Hockeychic!!! Yes, we ARE awesome and so be you!!! Thanks for joining!

Hokey, dokey! :drill: Posting early again and WILL NOT FALL OFF THE WAGON TONIGHT!

My Day 5 Report

Calories? 1800; Goal Met? Yea!

Gym? Yea! (Upper body, core, short slow cardio ... treadmill, of course, with zen music, all uphill and with fan blowing on me, visualizing walking medititation in exotic forest)

No Cupcake? Of course, no cupcake! :)

Gym Days Completed Since Joined (Personal Goal: 365)? 26!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS THING, PEOPLE!

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

anagram
04-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Day four - pretty good. Not as good as 1, 2, or 3 but nothing outrageous either. Walked, gardened,watered, just (probably) a bit higher on calories than I would have had if we had eaten at home tonight. Soldiering on.

Punkinseed
04-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Friday!

So far, so-so... I guess I'm still fighting something, but I shall keep to the battle plan!

Of course, after my a.m. phone call from "my guy" I don't have a craving in the world... perhaps there's no room for food with all the butterflies in there... :lol:

Plan o' the day - grocery shop for next week's nutrients!

Welcome Hockeychic! The more the merrier! :wave:

Terri
(aka PFC :queen: Punkin o' Friday - here, hold my gun while I adjust my robes and take the throne)

Amarantha2
04-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Day Six Report:

Calories in the 1300s but still need some dinner, so I'll update on that goal!

Gym: Yes, 27th day!

Avanti, pals!

anagram
04-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Day 5 down for me. Happy with goals. Calories 1800 ish,'nuff water, did pool instead of walk, gardened. Ate only "good for me" foods.

My halo is so shiny!

Wildfire
04-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Day Six done!

Bought a magazine that has an excercise routine in it using those toning cords made of stretchy tubing that have a handle on either end (happen to have one) and I'm going to start it tomorrow along with my treadmill time. And Yoga! Aw heck...I think I'll do a whole "spa" routine and eat healthy, excercise, and pamper all weekend. :yes: Sounds good.

One more day! We can do it! :drill:

simcoe
04-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Wildfire; I have the tubes and I love them. A great resistance workout.

For once Friday was a good day. It is usually crappy because of dinner out. Tonight, had the chicken, skipped the fries and split the cheesecake with the dh. Also, went to Old Navy to buy new pants. Tried on the usual size 20's, but what was this, they were way to big!!! Had to by the 18's which felt very comfortable. Celebrated with a new pair of shoes and a purse, instead of the chocolate.:D

Cheers

Amarantha2
04-26-2003, 12:01 AM
Calorie update: So far 2400 :) ... reason (not excuse) in brief being that I'm cycling to a different plan and reworking stuff ... have signed up for Body For Life Challenge ... not sure which day would be best to start ... maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday ... very excited!

Wildfire
04-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Simcoe, the tubing routine is in this month's Family Circle magazine, if you're interested. Congrats on the NSV (non-scale victory) with the pants!

Amarantha, I looked into BFL at one point. I can see me doing it in the future, but I don't have gym membership now. I'm still proving to DH that the $2000 we spent on the royal treadmill was worth it. He said if I don't use it (like so many other weight loss/exercise things over the years) that it WILL GO BACK! :D I was really into weightlifting in my early 20's and loved it. Once I lose some of the weight, it will definitely be part of my routine again. I hope you like the BFL program!

Amarantha2
04-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Yo, campers!!! Everyone here did a wonderful job this week, saith the female :drill:!!!! I deleted my last post and the BFL thread as I was a bit hazy on what I wanted to do with it ... have had negative input about it but decided I like the program and will do it!

Avanti, challengers!

Wildfire
04-27-2003, 10:50 AM
Week Two Done!

Demon Scale isn't feeling very generous this morning, however. No change. *sigh* I did everything I was supposed to, but he seems to be resentful of my loss last week. :shrug: Am I giving up? Throwing in the towel? Eating myself into oblivion? NO WAY! :nono: I am starting fresh today. Even if there are no scale rewards, I know that I am healthier for what I am doing. :yes:

Amarantha, I'm sorry you've had negative feedback for your initiative in starting a BFL program/thread here. I say if it suits you and Suzanne and the sisters don't mind, go for it! The negative people can go elsewhere! Geez, what happened to supporting people in their goals???

Now for some questions:

Amarantha, will you be staying with the Just for a Week challenge as well as the BFL challenge?

Should we start a new thread for the new week, or stay here?

I'll be back after the votes are in, and I'll post goals for the coming week in whichever thread we decide on.

deleted2
04-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Wildfire, I did my weigh-in this morning and no change for me either. Drat! Still holding at 146. Hey, at least it didn't go up. There's always next Sunday. Time to turn up the heat maybe?

Amarantha2
04-27-2003, 11:32 PM
Yo! Wildfire, I think I'm just going to post on the BFL thread and drop in here and there on the :queen:s, of which I consider myself a lifetime member ... I appreciate all those who posted on the BFL today to support me (since I seem to be the lone challenger :) ... if anyone SHOULD happen to think about doing BFL or any variation thereof, not necessarily to enter the contest, but just for fun, please consider joining me in daily reports ... hey, it's only 84 days!!!! :jig:

So the weekly torch passes to all of thee to decide!!! :) Avanti to the female :drill:!!!

Whatever we do, let's get keep this fitness train on the right track, let's get this show on the road, let's rock and roll, let's get our s*** together and let's hocus pocus focus focus :wizard: .

Let's do it! Let's make this the best year of the rest of our lives, let's keep our eye on the prize, let's ...

'Nuff said. :soap:

Punkinseed
04-28-2003, 01:35 PM
PFC :queen: Punkin reporting for week 2!

This week:
~counting calories - not points
~eat all the veggies I bought and not letting them go waste (or to the deer)
~look into a belly dancing video - looks like FUN!

Week 1 - a smashing success with 1 :dance: gone. I won't say "should have been more" cuz if it could have, it WOULD HAVE!

Always do the best you can at any given moment...

Question for you calorie counters - what referrance book do you use?? I have one by Corrine Netzer which looks ok, you??

HoooRAH! :drill:

Terri

losingsena
04-28-2003, 04:04 PM
HEY THERE EVEYONE... CAN I STILL JOIN IN TALKING WITH YOU GUYS, I REALLY MISS IT. THIS IS SENAMAY BY THE WAY. I GOT A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS AND ALSO HAD TO JOIN ON A NEW NAME SO NOW IM LOSINGSENA!!!!!
WELL, DONE WITH SCHOOL UNTIL THE FALL, WHEN THE KIDS GO BACK. I THINK SUMMER WILL BE TOO STRESSFULL. DONT WANT TO TAKE UP THE POST, SO JUST WANTED TO SAY LOSING WEIGHT AGAIN, STILL HAVENT MET MY GOAL, BUT MY NEW GOALS ARE

LOSE ATLEAST 80 POUNDS BY APRIL 26, 2004. MY BIRTHDAY.
EAT VEGGIES AND FRUIT AND LOW FAT EVERYDAY.
EXCERSIZE EVERYDAY, WALKING AND BIKING,
WISH ME LUCK, RIGHT NOW I PROPBABLY WEIGH 255 DONT HAVE MY SCALE HERE SO DONT KNOW. I MISSED YOU ALL... WRITE MORE LATER..... GOODLUCK ON YOUR SUMMMER WEIGHT LOSSES! LOSINGSENA

Wildfire
04-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Ah, we'll stay here for this week!

Doing okay, but somehow feel like I'm not. Does that make sense? Have taken my vitamin, planned meals, drank my water, about to do my exercise, calories at 1432 for the day...:shrug: Maybe it's just the crappy day at work hasn't worn off yet.

Amarantha, good luck with your new quest and if you ever want to post here a week at a time, feel free! :strong:

Eydie, we'll see results this week!

Punkin, I use http://www.fitday.com . I enter all my food and let it do the calculating for me! It's a free membership, and I like seeing the carb/protein/fat ratios and the assorted reports they have available. Check it out, if you aren't familiar.

Hey Senamay!!!! It's great to hear from you again! I like the new name, too. Drop by the Victory Queens thread, too...that's where the rest of "us" are. Happy Belated Birthday!:hat:

Simcoe, Miss W, Hockeychic??? Still with us?

simcoe
04-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Yup...still here! :)

Finished off well for the week with a 1.5lb loss :dancer: I went away for the weekend which is usually the kiss of death :devil: but finished out even which I felt good about.

Started off Monday with aerobics, well within calorie limit and only 24% fat. :eek: Glad you guys are back! Reporting everyday keeps the motivation going and reminds me "one day at a time".

Cheers.

losingsena
04-29-2003, 08:30 AM
just waking up. hubby kept me up all night hes a 3rd shifter when hes home, i dont sleep. haha thanks for the welcome wildfire and birthday wishes. thought it would be a neat birthday wish, 1 year to success, i refuse to go another summer another winter another birthday FAT!!! know what i mean. turning 34 kinda wakes you up, im not getting any younger, well my scale hasent moved in a long time, due to just quitting my routine but im back on track and excersizing reguraly. will post weight loss on the 30th thats my doctor visit. till next time,,

a special hello to amaranatha and punkinseed. missed you guys. have a great tuesday, and congrats on your success.

losing sena :wave:

Punkinseed
04-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Crazy day... making me want to go AWOL and scarf down everything that can't outrun me!

Breeeeeeathe....

Congrats Simcoe on the loss! :cb:

Sena - Welcome back! Happy belated too - I think your birthday goal is great! :cp:

Wildfire - Thanks for the link - it's loading riiiiight now.

:drill: Terri

deleted2
04-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Hi Senamay!!! GREAT to 'see' you again!:D We were all wondering about you.

Congrats on the loss, Simcoe!

You too, Punkin! Another pound banished from the kingdom. Poof, Begone! I'm so excited about your looking into bellydancing. A sure way to feel like a goddess....!:) I haven't been doing it long [2 months maybe?], but I love it and look forward to it at least 5 days a week. May I recommend the Bellydance Fitness For Beginners series with Veena and Neena? I like these videos because they're not overwhelming and easy to follow. Target sells their "Slim Down" one; it was voted one of the best fitness videos of 2002 by Fitness magazine. Can you tell I'm into this? Is this my impending 40th birthday midlife crisis showing itself thru an interest in belly dancing?:lol:

simcoe
04-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Day two....done!

Exercise - 20 minute bike ride with the kidlet, plus the usual housework

Multivitamin - done

Calories - 17 above goal (the gingerbread cookie at the end of the day killed it)

Fats - 4 grams above goal, but well below saturated

Punkin, congrats on the lossed pound. Sometimes I get frustrated when I see only one or two pounds, because it seems so like so litte. But, then I remember how I well I did with my goals and how hard I worked to lose that pound. Keeps me motivated to let it not come back. :p