30-Somethings - **week Of April 20th**

View Full Version : **week Of April 20th**

RoadRunner
04-20-2003, 08:38 AM
Good Morning!!!
Happy Easter Everyone!!!

Tech--SUch a cute pic!!! Is that your dog???

Well...I know the oldies on the thread remember my friend that is missing?? Well..yesterday was 5 yrs and still nothing..It was all in the paper again...We have a serial killer around that has murdered 5 women in this area and they are trying to connect it to him..I have no clue!!!

Liz--Hope you got your keys back!!! That is a bummer to be stuck at work.

Well..I bought no candy this year for Easter...then #2 came home with a book sack to the rim of candy..NO JOKE...I just recycled it again into their baskets...She doesnt remember anything about the candy...It is sad to me cuz mentally, she doesnt even understand Easter or Christmas...

Rabbit--I would have munched the peanut butter!!! Glad U bought something U didnt like!!!

Well...yesterday I dropped my truck off to get an oil change and walked home 2 miles..Only excercise for the day..Of course, my mom was furious with this killer running around. I guess it was stupid...I will stick to the club from now on!!!!

HAVE A GREAT EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!
RR

RoadRunner
04-20-2003, 08:46 AM
Had to spread some Easter cheer!!!!!

KarenK
04-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful morning here. Hope everyone else's is just as nice.

Hollie: Hello. Welcome! I see you posted in the Bio section. Please come post with us on the weekly thread. This is where we do all of our "chatting". Hope to see you here.

I'm going to try to talk DH into taking the dog for a walk when he finishes his breakfast. *I* had a bowl of cereal, he's in the kitchen making waffles. :lol: I can't have them 'cause of my sugar so the poor man does keep trying to make them for himself. Then I have to spend 1/2 hour cleaning the kitchen.

RR: Cute pic. How did you get the Easter Bunny to sit still that long? I'm so sorry about your friend. The anniversary must be awful hard to get through. Please take care of yourself!! Don't be doing silly stuff with a psycho out there.

Happy Easter everyone.

Rabbit
04-20-2003, 06:06 PM
HAPPY EASTER!

Everyone has gone home. Whew. Had fun. Stuffed.

My word for the day is: NO THANK YOU.

Karen - yes it was to remind me of ds' graduation, the party, the people I'll be seeing that I don't see often and how I'd like to look. :)

Tech - your pic was cute.

RR - I remember your missing friend. Hard to believe it has been 5 years. That is so sad. You be careful. ~ Loved the picture.

Rabbit

Now I'll spread a little Easter cheer. Hmm. I tried to attach a picture, but they said the file was too big.

LBH
04-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great Easter!! We had a pretty (long) good day. It started when Peter woke up at 6:00 AM. We had to hurry and get us all bathed and dressed for church, and get out of the house by 7:00!! We got out by 7:10. :) After church we went to my BIL & SIL's for brunch, then home for a quick stop, then to the rehab to see Gran and the rest of the family. For such a busy day, Peter was really good. DH & I are pretty tired.

Rabbit- Can you make the pic smaller? If you want, I can make it smaller for you, just email it to me @ lbd301@yahoo.com.

RR- Cute pic!! I totally forgot to have Peter's pic taken with the Eatser Bunny! I remember your friend, it's a shame they never solved that...hopefully this new wave of terror is not the same guy.

lizzard_h
04-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone,
Well everything worked out (like it always does) but not before I was totally frustrated (obviously!! :lol: ) I never got ahold of DH so I finally just gave up and went home only to find him working on his truck in the driveway. His first words were "why are you just now getting home" -- not a good thing to say. So after chewing his butt out for not checking his pager and not answering the phone and not telling me he was leaving work early I fixed myself a cold beer and relaxed. :) I talked with my boss on Fri morning before we went out of town and he had my keys and everything was fine so I didn't have to worry about it anymore. Fri there was a big luncheon and the guy who took my keys was there. Several times during lunch everyone stood up and shook their keys at him just to give him a hard time. I feel much better now. :smug:

I had a great weekend and didn't eat too much. I had a couple pieces of candy yesterday but I went for my longest ever rollerblading on Saturday morning so I didn't feel too guilty. I think all in all I did almost 20 miles. My legs and rear were killing me when it was over. The weather was so beautiful and I was on an awesome Rails to Trails path -- I just didn't want to stop.

LBH, you need to send me a private message and teach me how to attach pics. I've tried several times and can't figure it out. It must be the blonde in me!!

Rabbit, Don't you mean wordS for day?? :D I love being with family and friends over the holidays. But I also love it when it's over. We went to the in-laws and spent Easter with four of DH's nieces and nephews. It was lots of fun.

Karen, did you get that walk in?? We had a beautiful weekend in FL also. We shaved the dog last weekend so I need to start taking her on more walks. I got tired before cuz she always managed to get covered in stickers and seed pods.

RR, adorable picture!!! I'm sorry about your friend -- that's terrible. Please be careful and stay safe.

Tech, what a sweet dog!! My little pup had so much fun chasing the kids around all weekend. She slept the whole two hour drive home, then had dinner, and slept the rest of the night.

Have a great week everyone!!

LBH
04-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Liz, PM'd you.

Dani, I PM'd you awhile ago, if you're lurking! :D

TechAlum
04-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a good Holiday :D. We had K's sister and her family over for dinner. Tried a bunch of new recipies from Cooking Light so I feel like I spent the whole weekend cooking. Not really. It was fun I really enjoy doing that. Was over on points but not too bad and I was very proud of myself that I drank water until dinner time even though I really wanted a glass of wine. I'll take my win's where I can find them. We went for a walk this morning since this evening it's supposed to get ichy and cool again, so I'm feeling pretty good about things. We'll see how I feel after WW tomorrow :eek:.

Liz - Glad you got your keys back and that everything worked out in the end. Our dog's always sleep well after a day out at my folks, they live on a lake so....

RR - What a cute picture of DD. Rudy was K's before we got married but I guess now he's mine. I had a black lab mix and a cat, so now we have 3.

LBH - Sounds like you had a busy Easter. Hope it was fun too.

Rabbit - How did the "No Thank You" go?

Karen - I'm pretty suprised at how well our dog's get along with the baby. They just don't like it when he cries. My sister went to a class where they recommended bringing home a tape of a baby crying to get the animals used to the sound. Don't know how that works.

Have a great week everyone :) :) :)

-Tech :crossed:

Rabbit
04-21-2003, 02:51 PM
The beginning of the week is just so nutty! Too much to do and not enough time. :p

My word for the day is: SISTER

Lauren - wow, you sure all got up early and went out yesterday! Hard to do with a baby!

Liz - glad it all worked out. ~ Yeah on the rollerblading!

Tech - you have to celebrate all the wins! :) ~ Not so good on the "no thank you". I've been writing the word in the middle of my journal and highlighting it. ~ Good luck on your weigh in.

RABBIT

Ellie120
04-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Glad to see everyone had a nice Easter :) Mine was quiet but nice. DD was sad because her Dad didn't call or send a card, nothing new there. Same thing happened on Valentines Day. She is feeling better though :D By the way, she didn't get sick in the car but she didn't smell very good :?:

RR - Loved the pic :) Sorry about your friend :(

Karen - I can totally relate to the kitchen thing, when my DH 'cooks' he manages to destroy the kitchen in the process. Of course he doesn't think so :D

Liz - Glad the car key thing worked out :)

Rabbit - I didn't do so good with the "no thank you" either :)

Tech - I like to cook and experiment with new recipes too. Sometimes I feel like I live in the kitchen :)

OH..........I almost forgot :) I had applied for another job a few weeks ago, it is a nice promotion with higher promotion potiental down the road. I almost didn't apply because I didn't think I was qualified enough for the position. Anyway, I got a call Friday for a interview on the 29th! Really did not expect to even get a interview. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Ellie

KarenK
04-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Hi guys,

Ellie: Congrats on the interview. Hope it works out well for you. DH is cute, he did *try* to clean up the kitchen. He just doesn't see half of the mess.

Tech: Hmm. Wonder where I can get a tape of a baby crying. Maybe from LBH? :lol: We have diapers packed to have in with the baby then bring home to her. We'll see.

Liz: Yep, we got in the walk. Turned out to be just me and the dog but we had a good time. She seemed to understand that I just couldn't go that fast and didn't pull a lot. I appreciated that part. She's a Rottie and boy, can she pull.

Rabbit: Good luck on whatever has you so busy.

OK, hope I didn't forget anyone. Hope everyone has had a lovely day. Looks like we are back to cool and rainy here. UGH.

Hollie in MT
04-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Hi all. What a cute bunny pic. :) I really am glad I found this community. I feel good about posting here. I had tried another support group previous to this one, but it just wasn't for me. I don't like getting attacked for my personal beliefs. Anyhoo, Easter Sunday was a terrific day for me. I spent the day with my mom who is visiting us from California. I had been doing so well with busting sugar out of my diet, that I had a piece of cheesecake and then later on in the evening, a treat at Dairy Queen. Boy am I paying for it today. My body went into sugar shock. I've been in bed all day. Golly, what was I thinking?! I'm kicking myself for my stupidity. But as my best friend said, it was a lesson learned and now I'll know for next time, when my eyes want the cheesecake, my stomach will be reminded of the pain of today, and I'll be able to push it away. :dizzy:

RoadRunner
04-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the group Hollie!!! We all make that sugar mistake and pay for it later!!! Another is greasy food mistakes.THat is what kills me!!!!

Well..Easter was great but too much food!!! My parents make food, food and food!!! The turkey dressing and the chocolate cake did it!!!!
Off work today with a sick one...Darn ears are killing us!!!
Well off for breakfast...STarting a new week soo will eat better this week!!!!8 more lbs to go to be a marriage weight!!!Then I will get pg again!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: and start over!!!!
Have a great day!!
RR

LBH
04-22-2003, 09:44 AM
Hi All,

Hollie- Welcome!! :D Glad you had a good Easter! I love cheesecake, NY style! Although after not having sugar, it probably wasn't a good idea to have cheesecake AND DQ!! :lol: We're such gluttens for punishment sometimes, right?!

How did you get a siggy in there like that, I didn't know we could use siggy cards like that on this board!

Karen- Your DH would run for the hills if I gave you a tape of Peter crying!! :lol: You could pop a tape recorder in the nursery at the hospital for a little bit and use that!! Like having a chorus of crying babies!! Be careful walking the dog soo near the end, especially since she pulls a lot.

Ellie- Good luck at the interview, I'll be praying for you!!

Rabbit- Sister drivnig you nuts, or just thinking about her?

Tech- Good for you, sticking to the water and doing your best on Easter, especially since you had to do all the cooking!!

Have a great day all!! It's back to dreary here, but I think it's supposed to clear up later!

TechAlum
04-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Happy Tues Everyone,

Yesterday went OK, not great but OK.... Tonight is WW so hopefully I'll see a loss, my rings are tight today (PMS :) ) so I don't know, I do know I did pretty well all week so.....

I made Brussel sprouts for Easter, and even K who swore he'd never eat Brussel sprouts liked them :). We had the l/o last night and they were good. Oh well, not so lucky with the scalloped potatos :(....

Hollie - Welcome!!! I liked the poem at the end it was pretty funny. Cheesecake is one of my weeknesses too. Usually we order it at the restaraunt and split a piece that way I don't eat a whole cake :lol:

RR - Sorry about the baby, hope she feels better soon.

Rabbit - Can I borrow your word for the day mine's been driving me nuts.

Karen - Congrats on getting in your walk!! Don't all dog's pull???? Mine's a black lab mix with we think pit bull and he'll pull all out on a prong collar. He's such a goon, I figure it gives me my upper body workout too :lol:.

LBH - K cooked the meat, and his sister brought salad, I just did the sides and desert. Cool and rainy here too, summer will come eventually and then we'll be complaining about the heat :o .

Have a great week everyone.

-Tech :goodvibes

Martha Stewart says: Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

Real Women say: Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You might still have the headache, but who cares?

Ellie120
04-22-2003, 11:58 AM
Good morning :) I am off work today because I have an appointment for a physical. It has been 3 years since my last and I am overdue. It has been a nice morning, I could really get used to not working :D.

Hollie - Welcome! If you don't mind me asking, what plan are you following? This is the best place to come for support :) By the way, I have a AWESOME sugar free cheesecake recipe, if you would like it I can send you a PM.

RR - My DD had a heck of time with ear infections when she was little.....remember those sleepless nights pacing the floor like it was yesterday. Hope she feels better soon.

Karen - How close are you? :)

LBH - Thanks for the prayers :)

Tech - Good luck at WW, I will send you skinny vibes :lol:

I hope that they don't poke and prod too much :o I fasted so that I can have my lab work done. My tummy is starting to rumble and I really miss my coffee.

Have a great day!

Ellie

KarenK
04-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Hello all,

RR: Turkey and dressing. Ummm. That sounds so yummy. I only get dressing if I make it myself. Up here they make Stove Top and call it stuffing. I miss my grandmother's homemade dressing. Next time she comes to visit I will have to get her to make me some.

Hollie: Hope you are feeling better.

Lauren: Yeah, I've been thinking that I better be careful with her. I put her on the retractable leash so we have lots of room for her to run back and forth. I don't want her to knock me down now. I've had enough problems. When we first got her she pulled me off the porch flat on my face twice. We've been through training since then but she does need reminders every now and then.

Tech: Brussel Sprouts? I've honestly tried to like them, I just can't!! I think they are so cute. Aren't pit bulls bred for pulling carts too? I know Rotties are. That's why pulling is such a problem with them.

Ellie: Send me that recipee!! I tried a SF chocolate cheesecake one time. It cost me about $15 to make and it was horrendous!! I am due in just over a week. I think I'm going to be late though. Unless something happens.

I keep feeling like I need to stay home like I was off work sick!! It seems so weird to be off but not on vacation or sick!!

Hope everyone is having a super day!!

Hollie in MT
04-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Oy, I can't remember everyone's names...so I'll just respond to everyone! :)

sugar free cheesecake -- I would love to have the recipe. Thanks!

siggy -- I'll gladly take it out if it isn't allowed. But to add a image of your own, just go to your user cp, and down to wear it says signature, it tells you what tags to use. ;)

I'm feeling much better today, but still feeling blah, I know I should go work out, but to be honest, I don't wanna... :( Oy...

What plan am I using -- well none at the moment. I've just been watching my sugar, calorie and fat intake. That's how I did it before. With WW / Low Fat recipes mixed in between. I had lost 50lbs and kept it off for four years. But then I got married, and basically my weight went to the dogs. Not to blame it on married life, but it did have a part in it!! :dizzy:

LBH
04-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Hollie- I'm sure you're allowed, I just didn't know it!! Some boards don't allow siggys, and I've honestly never seen one on this board! :D Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna have to make myself one now!

Karen- I hate Stove Top, so don't you be grouping all us northerners in that group!! :lol: I make Pepperidge Farm (not the cube kind, the other kind) and add apples, sausage, and onions!! YUM!! In fact, my mom made some for Easter (we were with DH's family), so she saved me some. :)

Tech- I think brussel sprouts are cute too, but I just can't bring myself to eat them! Mom forced them on us when we were little! :lol:

Ellie- I'd love that recipe too! Why don't you post it for us all?! :D

Rabbit
04-22-2003, 02:00 PM
hello. Just a quick post. I have banished the chocolate in the house. I need things to get back to normal (me for instance). :)

Ellie - yeah for the interview and good luck! :D

Hollie - I like your poem. Welcome!

Lauren - I should have explained that, sometimes she drives me crazy~ but this time it was because I want to be thin like her! ;)

Tech - good luck at your weigh in and you can definitely borrow my word!

I'm trying to find a doc for ds. Long story. But he was in a car accident at 16 and broke his back in 2 places, had to wear a brace for 6 months. Anyway, is having back pain and needs to get checked out. But he's at school, so it's not easy to know who to send him to. Or get him back here. Whatever works.

gotta run

Rabbit

Ellie120
04-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Recipe for Sugar Free Cheesecake from lowcarbfriends.com:

32 ounces cream cheese
1 cup splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons sour cream

With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and splenda at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. Add all other ingredients except eggs. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. When eggs are incorporated, do not mix any more. Over-mixing the eggs is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes.
Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the barrier pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake.

Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. The cheesecake can even be left overnight at this point. Cracks can also occur when a cheesecake cools too quickly.
It may be beneficial to run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake, separating it from the sides of the pan. If your goal is to serve the cheesecake on a different dish without the bottom of the spring form pan, then the pan can be lined with parchment paper before the batter is poured in. Make sure to grease both sides of the paper. This will make for easy removal of the cheesecake later. It works best if the cheesecake has been refrigerated fully before trying to remove it from the bottom pan.

Here is how I make it. I half the recipe forgetting about the extra yolk. I use a 2 liter corning cassarole dish prayed heavily with pam. I also use a sugar free sryup by DaVanci (Walmart, coffee section) in place of splenda but do add 3 TBS of pourable splenda as well. You can change the flavor of the cheesecake by changing the flavor of the syrup. I have used blueberry, strawberry, DeLuce, etc. I use Vanilla for the basic recipe. The Coconut cheesecake is the best. Here is the recipe for than one.

32 ounces cream cheese
1 cup vanilla DaVinci syrup
2-3 capfuls coconut extract
teaspoon lemon juice
4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons sour cream
3 ozs. Unsweetned coconut (just under 1 cup)

With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, extract and syrup at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. When eggs are incorporated, do not mix any more. With a spatula, gently fold in the coconut until just mixed. Over-mixing the eggs is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes. Always treat the batter gently. Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the barrier pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake. Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool.

Some helpful tips:
Make sure all ingredients are room temp
Place cheesecake on lower rack in oven, cover top rack w/foil
Bake half recipe for 45 min at 300, then 45 min at 200
Make it at night and leave it to cool in oven overnight (it will be fine :)) then put in the fridge in the morning.

Enjoy!! I also have a coffeecake recipe that is sugar free as well. It does call for some unusal ingredients but is really good. I would guess you can use a lowfat cream cheese to lower the fat content.

Ellie

LBH
04-22-2003, 05:09 PM
YUM!! that sounds delicious!! I'm thinking I've got to make it...have to find my springform pan first. :rolleyes: Coconut sounds good too.

Ellie120
04-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Ok......fighting back tears :( My appointment went well except for one issue which I have been avoiding. When I switched from Depo to a low dose pill in December, I knew it was a no no for me but figured that since it was low in estrogen I would be ok. My Doc said that estrogen is a BIG no no, I can't take it because it puts me at a very high risk for a stroke. She made me an appointment for a consult to have my tubes tied. I don't plan on having more children so I don't know why I feel like this. I feel like it the end of something.....does that make sense? Deep breath...I am ok :) Wish there was another alternative for me that didn't involve hormones. To make matters worse I started spotting again, it has been a whole week and half...a new record. I feel the hormones raging through my body.

OK....Self pity session is over :D

LBH - I don't use a springform pan. I use a cassarole dish and cut them into squares. The coconut cheesecake with some fresh strawberries or raspberries on top is unbelievably good :)

Karen -Wow, you are close!

Hollie - I am feeling rather blah myself. I think I am coming down with something.

Rabbit - Sorry to hear about DS, back pain is no joke. Hope they can fix him up.

I guess I should stop wallowing in self pity and make something for dinner :D

Ellie

Hollie in MT
04-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Ellie -- ((HUGS)) I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better real soon!! And thankyou for the wonderful recipe. It looks delicious! I'll probably try it your way over the original recipe *makes a note to pick up davinci syrup*

Rabbit -- Thanks for the welcome. :)

Well, I didn't go to the gym today. I took a shower hoping that would make me feel better, and it didn't. So I "lagged" on getting ready for work and barely made it in. But hey, I found $10 bucks on the ground in the parking lot! :D

KarenK
04-22-2003, 10:28 PM
OK,

VERY nervous person here.

I will be having my baby by C-section on Thursday at 7:30 in the morning. I feel a lot like throwing up!!

Hollie in MT
04-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Karen -- Oh wow!! Girl you're going to be just fine!! ((HUGS))

RoadRunner
04-23-2003, 06:42 AM
Good Morning!! ANother sleepless night with those ears!!! Hey..I am logging the walking miles at night!!!!!

Gotta run!!! DH is babysitting and I am off to work!!!!
HELOOO EVEryone!!!
Vicki

TechAlum
04-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Hello All,

Well WW was ugly yesterday, I gained 3.2 lbs :eek:, I'm upset because I did really well last week and don't think I deserved to gain, definately not that much. I'm hoping it's just that yesterday was one of those everytime I ate 30min later my stomach was growling kind of days. Usually I try not to eat after 3 on WI days but that wasn't the case this time. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm thinking of picking up a scale and just going it alone....

Anyway, supposed to be sunny and cool today but I'll take that over the cloudy and cold of yesterday. K's supposed to clean out his company car so he can take delivery of a new one next week, he is sooooooo excited it's pretty funny. Not much else going on here. Need to plan our vacation a little more, I can't believe it's only 4 weeks away :eek: Time sure does fly.

Ellie - :grouphug: Any change is going to affect you, be kind to yourself and take it easy.

Karen - Good luck on Thursday. :cloud9: :bb: You'll be fine.

RR - Hope you get to sleep soon.

Hollie - Hope you're feeling better soon. Congrats on the $$, splurge a little.

LBH - I don't like stove top either.

Rabbit - Good luck with finding a Doc.

Well, should get busy. I've got a lot of stuff I should to do today and nothing I want to do :o.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

-Tech :dz:

Rabbit
04-23-2003, 01:11 PM
hello.

I had a great day yesterday pointwise. Whew. I am over the excess of Easter. Now if only my scales are . .

Ellie - it makes total sense. What you are feeling is probably a very common reaction. Hang in there.

Hollie - yeah on finding the $10.:)

Karen - :eek: Wow! Already. I didn't realize it was time. You'll be just fine.

Tech - maybe it was just a short term gain and won't stick around. It's so frustrating when you don't deserve it. Next week could be great it you hang in there.

Rabbit

Ellie120
04-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I am using Rabbit's word of the day...."FOCUS". I had an appointment with DD's orthodonist to get the damage report on the cost...OUCH!!!! Over three grand........I guess she is worth it :D I am still bumming about the tubes thing, I have been looking at other possibilities but not coming up with much. I read up on the IUD and after reading about the side effects and the procedure to insert it I was done with that idea, not for me either. I will come to terms with it I suppose. My spotting turned into another TOM......this is really old. I has only been 10 days since my last one.

Karen - WOW.....this time tomorrow you will be a mommy!! I am so excited for you :bb: I know you are nervous but it will be fine. I am glad your BP is back to normal.

Hollie - Hope you are feeling better :) WTG on finding $$ :D Maybe I will stumble on three grand in our parking lot, wouldn't that be nice :D I have about as much chance of that I do of getting my child support :D

OHHHHHH NNOOOOOO!!! I have to go pick up DD...should have left 5 minutes ago :eek: Bye everyone!

KarenK
04-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Hi guys,

I'm a mess today. I'm trying to get all the last minute stuff done and to top it off the sister-in-law from **** called and managed to upset me enough to spend the whole afternoon in tears.

I can't seem to get my thoughts together enough for a good post so I'll just say THANK YOU so much for the good wishes. I'm sure we will all be fine, I'll just be glad when this is over.

See ya in a few days.

Ellie120
04-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Karen - I sooo sorry that your SIL did that to you :( You take care and our good thoughts will be with you.

I was late picking up DD.....that is what happens when you are not "FOCUSED" :D

RR - Hope DD is feeling better.

Time to FOCUS and get off this board and do some work :D

Ellie

LBH
04-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Just popping in to say I haven't heard from Andy yet, so I guess they're busy bonding! :D Sitting here with my cell phone in front of me, and keep checking my home messages!! :lol:

LBH
04-24-2003, 12:22 PM
I just talked to Andy and got the good news!

Alex arrived at 8:31 AM, he was 6 lbs., 9 oz. and 20 inches long! A little peanut!

He's got a little peach fuzz on his head, and looks like Andy.

They gave him a little formula while Karen was in recovery, but he's breastfeeding likea trooper now!! :D Good boy Alex!!

Everything went great, Karen's a little drousy, but otherwise fine. Hopefully Andy will get on and post some pics soon!! :D I didn't think to ask him to.

Welcome to the World Alex!!

Rabbit
04-24-2003, 01:00 PM
WELCOME TO BABY ALEX! CONGRATULATIONS TO KAREN & ANDY! :cb:

Today I had a session with a personal trainer to revamp my workout. It was great. I'm meeting with her again next week. So my word(s) for today is: PHYSICALLY FIT

Ellie - orthodontic work is so expensive, but worth it. I just had braces removed a year ago. I wore them for 2.5 years. ~ I love your "word" use! :)

Rabbit

Ellie120
04-24-2003, 01:55 PM
WELCOME BABY ALEX !!!!!!!!

:balloons:

WTG Karen!!!! I am so happy that everything went well.

My doctor called and said all my labs were great! That was good news. My colesterol was 162, less that before at 166. I was concerned because of all the hype about low carb diets causing high colesterol. So far so good :)

LBH - Do post some pics of baby Alex when you get them!

Rabbit - It does help to have a personal trainer. My DH is my personal trainer :D My biggest problem is that I push myself too hard, even when my body is trying to tell me to slow down.

I plan on visiting the gym today so that I can also become "Physically Fit" :)

Ellie
172/164/130
over 16 inches lost!

LBH
04-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Ellie- So that's why you married him, to get in shape!! :lol: No wonder you're doing soo well!!

RoadRunner
04-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Yeah Karen and ANdy!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR

Rabbit
04-25-2003, 09:34 AM
HELLO.

I started on working out my new exercise routine today. I was doing 15 minutes on bike, she said I need to do atleast 20. She told me I should be doing the treadmill as opposed to the walking track so I can check my heart rate, do inclines, check speed, etc. I knew I needed to do this, the women I walk with do not walk fast enough and I have thought for a long while that I could be getting a better workout. I will miss the comaradery of walking with them but will make better use of my time. I think I'll try to get in a couple of "cool down" laps with them so I can say hello. (they are not interested in upgrading their routine or they could do it with me). So I did 20 minutes on the treadmill today. I didn't go as far as I usually go, but I feel that I worked alot harder. :strong:

Ellie - she was very helpful in showing me how to improve my form on the machines, telling me which ones I should do, which ones to skip; just basically how to work out better. You are lucky you have a live in trainer. :)

Rabbit

Ellie120
04-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Rabbit - I think it is great that you are modifing your exercise routine. I walk with a girl from the office and we keep a good pace but we don't marathon it either. I am really liking the elliptical machine over the bike. I burn double the calories and keep my heart rate in the target range for most of the workout. Last night I did 15 minutes on the bike and then 30 on the ellipitcal, thought I was going to die! When I finished I could longer feel my feet :D DH doesn't do much with me for cardio, just wieght training. I do consider myself very fortunate :) I see many couples working out together and it does not always appear to be a favorable experience.

LBH - You found me out :D You know what they say, if you want to get in shape marry a Marine :strong: I hope Peter is over his rash. I feel very bad about the Urologist visit....poor little guy :(

RR - Hope your DD is feeling better :)

Still waiting for pictures of baby Alex :bb:

Tech, Liz, Hollie and anyone I may have missed :wave:

Ellie

Rabbit
04-26-2003, 02:02 PM
hello all. It is a gorgeous Saturday here! DS is home and saw a doctor about his back and he is doing well now. It doesn't seem to be anything serious. Whew.

I pushed myself into going to the health club this a.m. and did 20 hard minutes on the bike. :D

Ellie - 30 minutes elliptical - that is a killer! I was thinking maybe I would do some elliptical also, maybe bike one day, elliptical the next. I find that I have to do the elliptical first thing before anything else.

Have a great weekend all!

Rabbit