Weight Loss Support - Nighttime- do you sometimes want food more than sex?

GotothegymOKAY
10-17-2012, 10:18 AM
I know, it's so wrong.

Last night I found myself pushing my boyfriend off because ALL I could think about was the cookies in the kitchen that a friend made. Like, I couldn't even enjoy myself because I was too busy mentally fighting the urge to binge.

This has been happening to me a lot.
It's not normal, and I guess this justifies that I have a problem.

Thoughts?

LockItUp
10-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Were you hungry or just food obsessing?

If you were hungry I'd say that it's normal. If you were food obsessing, I wouldn't say it's completely abnormal, but ya maybe a small problem. Does that happen a lot?

GotothegymOKAY
10-17-2012, 11:27 AM
I think just food obsessing! I had one cookie, and when I went to the bedroom all I could think about is that I wanted more! Delightful, right? lol

krampus
10-17-2012, 11:40 AM
If you can't wait to have sex before going after cookies, that's not a good headspace to be in (unless the sex sucks).

shishkeberry
10-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Haha, this is exactly how I felt on Saturday. I just wanted DF to be done so I could eat some of the peanut butter pie I made. Shh, don't tell him I said that!

shishkeberry
10-17-2012, 11:43 AM
For me it's not that the sex sucks, but that the medication I'm on (birth control and zoloft) has pretty much killed my libido.

Arctic Mama
10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Nope. I cannot say I've ever felt like that. Sex is a requirement to keeping my marriage and self healthy and happy, cookies just make me fat. Yes, sometimes I want cookies, but they're never on the same level as human interaction, especially of an intimate nature. I wouldn't say that is normal or healthy and investigating why that food has such an obsessive hold on you might be in order.

:grouphug:

freelancemomma
10-17-2012, 12:21 PM
This has been happening to me a lot.
It's not normal, and I guess this justifies that I have a problem. Thoughts?

I almost always want food more than sex. Although there's nothing physically wrong with me and I can orgasm quite easily, I've never been a highly sexual person. I don't get mentally aroused very easily and sex often feels like work to me. I wish it were different, but I don't think it's wrong. It just is. And I've never denied my husband when he wants sex (which fortunately isn't too often these days, though we're as close as ever).

F.

LaurieDawn
10-17-2012, 12:35 PM
I just got divorced. Since this forum is anonymous, I will admit here (and only here) that a small part of my motivation for forgoing cookies is to find someone to have sex with! Cuz I miss it. (I do know skinny is not a prerequisite to finding love, blah blah blah. And I am not waiting until I have lost the weight to start looking. I just know that it's easier when I am smaller.)

Robin41
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Obsessing over anything to the detriment of other things is a problem. Doesn't matter if it's cookies over sex or sex over cookies. It's the obsession that is the problem, not the object of the obsession. If it's a common problem for you, then it might be worth looking into a bit. If not, then get the cookies out of the house and get busy with your boyfriend.

mottainai
10-17-2012, 01:06 PM
I've never wanted food more than sex since I've been married. But, I will admit that I have binged during the day even after considering that it'd be less comfortable with my husband that evening.

XLMuffnTop
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
No. Sex > food. :lol: I'd likely go all day without food if that was required to have sex that evening.

juliastl27
10-17-2012, 03:16 PM
depends on the sex in question as well as the food in question. ;) just kidding.

i wouldnt turn down sex for food, buuuuuut, i also dont keep things in the house (like brownies.. mmmm) that i know ill obsess about.

my advice: toss those cookies in the trash and move on

JohnP
10-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Simple answer is no. I'll leave it at that.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

XLMuffnTop
10-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Um, given the topic of thread, use of the carrot emote seems awfully questionable. :lol:

Missy Krissy
10-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes, I'd take food over sex. Especially something rich and cheesy.

But then, I'm not claiming to have a "normal" relationship with food either.

Elladorine
10-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Um, given the topic of thread, use of the carrot emote seems awfully questionable. :lol:
How about bananas instead? :D

:cb::cb::cb:

LockItUp
10-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Simple answer is no. I'll leave it at that.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

That is incredibly shocking coming from a man. :lol:

I second the questionability of the use of carrots for the given topic LOL!!!

kelleyb
10-17-2012, 06:29 PM
No, that has not happened to me. BUT, if I overeat and feel bloated beforehand, then that affects if I want sex or not.

GotothegymOKAY
10-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Okay haha I don't mean food over sex in general. I guess I just meant eating/food affecting your libido. I know that if I just oinked out, I then won't be in the mood for sex, or I'll just want to oink out more!