Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Not as motivated as I was

I started my lifestyle change on 7/11/12. For the past 3 years Ive been doing fad diets that never work. Now im calorie counting. I use the loseit app on my phone. I do really well on days that im not busy but when the school days come up i go get fast food and go over my cals by around 300 which is twice a week. Granted for the past 2 weeks that ive done this im still losing .5 but i was steadily losing 1.5 to 2 lbs per week. I dont feel as good as I did. I just started working out too. I drink more water than usual and not as hungry after as I am when I dont work out. Im trying to find ways to get back to the no fast food. Last night I left my credit card at home so I couldnt go buy food lol. I know pathetic. But it worked. I went home and had a lean cuisine. Any suggestions on how to stay motivated??

I just joined a gym and purposly did a 12mth membership so that I stick with it since I pay per month. I go with my mom. Im trying to be her motivation.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Plan your menus for the day, staying within your calorie count and stick to it. If you MUST eat away from home pick something that keeps you in your calorie count for the day.

Last edited by bargoo; 10-17-2012 at 08:11 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #3  

Easier said than done lol especially lately. But im trying to tell myself not to do it.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm all for whatever helps you stick to your plan and not eat fast food...if it took leaving your card at home, do that for awhile until you get into a different routine...for me, routine is SO important....i also stock healthy food at my work, which happens to have a fridge in my classroom...so i put little tuna/cracker lunch things, greek yogurt, drinks etc so if i'm hungry i can just grab something there....as ive continued with this weight loss journey ive lost my interest in fast food (although it wasnt much interest to start with)...however ive never lost my cravings for sweets and pizza
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/128/125

Height: 5'4"

I always plan my meals a day ahead, sometimes it can be tough to stick to but I hate to waste food, so I can usually stick with my plans. I've lost my taste for most fast food except for Pizza Hut. That I can work in a couple times a month with no effort, so I'm good there

I'm very much a routine oriented person too and once I get in the habit of working out everyday, it just feels weird not too. I lost my motivation for a couple weeks, but I've got it back now.
TzuMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #6  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I'm in my car driving around town for work a couple days a week and I do get fast food: a 6" subway sub if I want to save up for a bigger dinner, a 12" sub (both turkey ham with mustard and all the veg) if I want a lot of bulk, or a hamburger(!!!). A standard burger or cheeseburger from any fast food is always about 500-700 cals and can be eaten without the fries I don't choose that option often but sometimes a high fat/high protien food satisfies like no other.

Good job on keeping with it and revaluating when motivation loses steam. It's a constant battle isn't it?
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Breanna. I feel your pain. We've been on our diets for about the same amount of time. Good for you for making the commitment and sticking with it. I am also calorie counting and using the LoseIt app. One strategy that I've used to stay within my calorie limit is to eat approximately the same calories for breakfast (less than 300) and lunch (around 400)everyday, which gives me more leeway at dinner time. I too have days when I need fast food, but I've researched some stock meals that fit nicely within my usual calorie allotment at a few different places. For example, I can get a 6" turkey sub at Subway (no cheese or mayo), a bag of Baked Lays, and a diet soda for about 400 calories. I've also got stock meals at McDonald's and Taco Bell that work for me too. I find that if I have done my research and have a plan in mind before I hit the drive through, I'm more likely to stay within my calories. Good luck!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #8  

Thanks for the ideas and advice ladies. This always happens to me once i get to the 30lb lost mark. But i WILL fight this and keep on pushin
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

I always pack my breakfast/lunch/snacks before I leave the house, which is usually only weekdays for work. On the weekends it's harder, but I find that having a piece of fruit in my bag when I leave the house has helped me. If I'm out and wanting something quick, I eat that fruit first. That usually calms my hunger enough to make a healthier choice in where I want to eat. Try keeping an apple or pear in your purse. If you're craving McDonald's, take it out and eat it. It'll calm you down enough and make it easier for you to say to yourself you should probably have Subway or Panera Bread instead.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #10  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Hi Breanna,

When I started my diet plan I gave most fast food up because the fast food I typically ate was burgers, fries, tacos, etc. But "fast" food doesn't HAVE to be bad food. I still eat fast food many times a week, but I now only eat healthy fast food. What I do is get is the skinless, boneless grilled chicken breast from Pollo Tropical. I eat one boneless breast with a side salad (no croutons, and dressing on the side -- which I use extremely sparingly). But they also have brown rice, balsamic tomatoes, etc. Typically what I do is order the meal that comes with two boneless breasts and two sides, and make both sides the salad. Then I save the second piece of chicken for another meal. Other places have what they call "grilled chicken", but most of them are terrible in my opinion. I love the Pollo Tropical chicken because of the seasonings they use and because its cooked on a real grill.

I see that you live not that far away from me (I'm in Coral Springs). I don't know if you've tried it, but there is a Pollo Tropical right near you in Cocount Creek on 441 near Wiles Road.

I have to say that being able to still eat fast food in this way has really been convenient for me and has made it easier for me to stay on my diet. Oh, and I should mention that I am still able to lose weight at a 3 to 4 pound per week rate while eating this way, and I've been doing this since day one of my diet that began almost 3 months.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Last edited by joefla70; 10-18-2012 at 09:12 AM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #11  

Yes. Joe thats awesome u live so close. I love pollo tropical Its soooo yummy
Old 10-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

This was SO me! I actually use to leave my debit card at home, too.. that way there was no sneaking off to jack n' the box for breakfast!!
But amazingly, I *rarely* eat fast food now. I will grab a grilled chicken salad from a fast food place but it's not often. And we have planned trips to in-n-out burger as well. But before I was always always sneaking off to get fast food on my way somewhere. I use to wake up wondering where I was going to eat that day.
The trick for me was that the more I said "no" the easier saying "no" became.
Then just get in the habit of saying no again and again and again!! :-)
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #13  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I know that some people do calorie cycling and say it works. The idea is that you figure how many calories you need weekly, and pick some days in which you will eat more than other days. For example, say your daily limit is 1500. If you know you're going to go over by 300 on Tuesday, maybe Monday you only eat 1200 that way it evens out.

I should note that I haven't tried this method personally, but I've heard people say that they like it and that it hasn't impacted their weight loss.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

I love fast food! Well, I use to. Now most of it tastes gross!

I ate it all the time (so bad for your waist and your wallet!) and when I started this journey I tried to stop eating it. But I couldn't right away. So at first I was still having it several times a week. And on those days I would go over my calories. Then as I ate healthier food and exercised more, I ate less fast food. I haven't stopped eating it, but it's not a regular thing anymore. And now when I do I fit it into my calories for the day. Most times it's just not worth it, so it's easier to say no to it now.

This is a battle for sure, but we will win it!!
Natlyne is offline   Reply With Quote