Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Smile Anyone on a pump or insulin dependant??

Is anyone on a pump or insulin dependant? I have been on a pump for 6 years and although I have never been to a support group, it would sure be nice to hear from others that have to deal with the added stress of insulin. Would love to hear from anyone!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Are you a type 1 or type 2? I'm a type 2 and only manage on diet and exercise (for now). But I might start doing insulin shots if I can't get control over my numbers soon. I'm 51 and my A1c was 6.08% a few months ago. I was on insulin shots while I was pregnant. At the time I didn't know anything about managing blood sugar and wasn't really given any guidance on it other than to not eat the bread on my drive-thru burgers any more. Makes me angry that the doctor I'm seeing now isn't any more helpful!

Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

I'm a Type 1 and take daily shots of Humalog and Lantus. I have gotten used to taking shots(I have been diabetic for over 13 years) but get very overwhelmed with trying to lose weight. Gepblewis - Your A1c is awesome. Do you eat a very law carb diet to achieve that?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/142/140

Height: 5'3"

I take Lantus 1x a day. I have found this has made my weight loss journey a very slow process. I cant just starve myself like others may do, and if I workout with weight training, it affects my body much differently than a cardio workout would, and I need to eat appropriately to compensate for the slow burn that weight training can do! Lows at night are scary!!! So for me, .5 lbs down in a week is a good one. 2012 has been a year of my being a science experiment it seems. I had to lose weight to get my A1C down as it was trending up, and dr was considering me taking additional insulin before meals. I asked him to please give me 6 months to get my weight down a bit and see if I could do a better job with my A1C. So its been a year of me eating better and exercising to see how it affects my body glucose, and adjusting accordingly to keep my levels proper. Some days have been better than others!

BUT!
Im now 3 lbs from goal and I feel great, my A1C is in the 6 range.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The original poster has not returned since her initial post. I am closing this thread.

Good for you, Jonjaxmom. Please join us in the Daily Chat here and give us some hints. You have done very, very well!
Closed Thread