Old 10-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 8 (10/15-10/21)

Blue Team Total Gained: 2.3 lbs. as a team or -0.11%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: angie7896 (-0.5 lbs., -0.29%)

Honorable Mentions:

Tkkoz (-0.5 lbs., -0.20%)
amany (-0.7 lbs., -0.31%)(Didn't post to the chat thread)
karenp1120 (-0.4 lbs., -0.29%)(Didn't post to the chat thread)

Congratulations to all the losers !

Overall as a team we had a pretty tough week 7. Personally I was onplan all week but still showed a 1 lb gain. It can get pretty frustrating when that happens but I'll keep plugging away and hopefully I'll show a good loss for week 8.

Hope everyone has a great week 8 !!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #2  

Congratulations Angie, Tkkoz, amany, and Karen for being p
Our biggest losers this week!! WTG

Thanks Leslie for starting up the chat thread....I'm off to do the other two now.

Well I was horrible with my diet the lat three days and it has hit me that I actually don't feel as energetic with this way of eating either. Except for today (in which I was bad all day) I have only had the one bad choice each of the other two nights but I still feel it. That and not getting my water in the way I should.

So here's to a great week of eating healthy and drinking my water....who's with me?

Night off to sleep for me now
Old 10-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #3  

Congrats to this week's losers! Sorry I haven't been around much ladies, I'm dealing with some personal stuff that's really throwing me off my game. The scale bumped up this week and while I'm incredibly disappointed I guess a part of me expected it... I didn't think it'd be that much though! Took a freebie so I wouldn't hurt the team with a gain again. I admit I'm feeling discouraged because I can't seem to break through the 290 barrier, no matter what! I'm with you 100% Bigmid! This week I'm going to be get back on track as best as I can and we'll see what happens. Best of luck to you all

Last edited by thinkfit; 10-15-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #4  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Congrats angie

leslie it is very frustrating when that happens. Im sure you will lose next week, you've been doing so well!

bigmid im with you! Im finding i can handle up to 1600 calories, which is great. Now i need to really focus on preparing and taking lunch to work and getting more water in me!

thinkfit i hope things settle for you soon

For breakfast (at 10.45am) i had a sausage roll and I didnt take lunch or snacks to work and was stressed out so much that my lunch consisted of 2 x snack size packets of chicken in a biscuit crackers and a small oreo bar . I also had 4 coffees today! I at least had a very healthy and yummy sandwich for tea.

Aim for this week - lose 1 pound
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

Thank you everyone!
I am excited to be biggest loser for last week but also 170 is the edge of my normal BMI! Hopefully this week I will get into the 160's which is just crazy to me.
I have been kind of burnt out mentally on going to the gym lately. I am thinking about taking a week break. Has anyone here done that? Is it a mistake?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #6  

Hi well my weekend was worse than I thought I'm up another 2 as of this morning.
Really need to get this off again that's 5.6 up in a weeks nd a half now I'm back to the top end of 170's instead of a pound away from 160's

Leslie - that pound will be gone in no time your doing fantastic

Thinkfit - it gets tough and there will be hurdles the whole way through this journey of weight loss.....you can do this, just by sticking it out you are continuing on the right track....great job the weight will come off

Tkkoz - good goal to have and I know you can take off a pound this week. As for the snacks....you should take a lunch or small snacks to avoid the temptation of the not so good stuff.....listen to me, I'm one to talk..LOL

Angie - I have taken a break when I'm not into doing the workouts.....sometime I do other activities, Wii, hula hoop, core strength (at home), a different DVD and sometimes when I really can't think about exercise I just make sure my food choices are totally spot on and I still lose or maintain. Sometimes we do need a little break.

Well off to finish getting ready for work. Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #7  

Boy our stats sure didn't look so great. Hopefully the scales will reflect our efforts this week and it will be our big "win" week. I know if I don't reflect a reasonable loss I'm going to need to seriously re-evaluate what has changed and try to correct it. I know I've added a few extra flights to the stair cases today to immediately help increase my activity.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #8  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Congrats to all our "losers" this week! I am ready for my swish down. Between re-starting exercise and Pre-TOM week, my week sucked! I am hoping this week we can win!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #9  

Hey guys, I really didn't want to bring this up but I'm at such a loss. My dad's in the hospital right now and we don't really know much about his situation. Basically the waiting game is making me anxious and I'm eating everything in sight. I know food's not the answer, but I can't seem to stop. Does anyone know how to get this under control?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #10  
Doing something for me!

I am sorry thinkthin... emotionally eating is something I struggle with as well. I hope everything works out well with your dad. Try focusing your energy elsewhere than food...like a game or movie or blogging or something. It might help your nerves worrying about your dad too!

NSV for me...Monday I went to the doctor and my blood pressure is normal! 126/62! First time since I was pregnant (which seems to be the only time my blood pressure has been normal since 18)!!! Guess the exercise and diet is working!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #11  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Wishing your dad a speedie recovery thinkfit Apologies for being absolutely no help, but i have the opposite reaction to that particular kind of stress and i totally lose my appetite. When stressed by work, i eat crap all day. The only thing that works is if can distract myself, for that i need a good friend.

pagelynn YAY! Very pleased for you

So far i have been on plan all week, really looking orward to seeing a decent loss this week

Last edited by Tkkoz; 10-18-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #12  
Doing something for me!

Thank you, Tkkoz! I was super happy!

Thinkfit, thinking of you today. Hope everything is going well!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

Thinkfit: I am sorry about your dad.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #14  

think fit - I hope your dad is will be okay and has a quick recovery. As far as emotional eating I think a lot of us are in the same boat. The thing is to try to still do your everyday routine...I know this is hard to do when worrying about a loved one. The only thing to keep going is to remember how you will feel afterwards not in the moment of eating. Not much help and it's hard but were here for you if you need us

PageLynn -yay on the blood pressure that's a big one

EofAZ - we will all win.....even if we don't win a week but it would be nice..lol

Well I've been eating super bad since my B-day and didn't exercise for three days....so tired. Today I felt better and got on the treadmill for a forty min workout in which I ran for 31....WooHoo that was 2.5 miles in 31 min and just over a 5k for the forty.
Sorry for my absence that last couple days work has been kind of crazy. Speaking of which I better blow dry my hair and get out the door. I need to win the lottery so I can retire
Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #15  

Bigmid. - If you win the lottery will you kindly remember your old diet buddies? All I want is to payoff my mortgage, it would be so v
Cool to have that gone. Lol

Thinkfit . I hope your Dad is doing better. I know talk is cheap but maybe if you focus on how crappy eating wrong makes you feel it might help. You don't want to be feeling sluggish when you are talking to the Doctors. Also, look at what you are grabbing to Snack on a focus on the least distructive. For example if you are grabbing chips at least try to make them baked. Etc. I usually allow myself all the diet soda I want when I need to keep my hands busy. Not the best thing but when things get back to normal I will have controlled some of the damage.

PageLynn- way to go. Who was happier? You or your doctor?

Tania - good luck on your weighin.

My diligence paid off, I was surprised last week that I didn't do better but this morning the scale reflected both last week's loss and this weeks loss. I wonder how many times over the years I have sabotaged myself when I didn't see the immediate results I expected. I FINALLY get it, took me long enough.