Old 10-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #1  

Default losing the retricted item?

I am hearing a lot of people say that they are not eating the restricted product once a day. I just interested as to why anyone is doing this. I'm kinda new to all of this, starting week 3 tomorrow, and just want to know what you are putting in to sub for the restricted product. THANKS!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

The program was written to have the restricted item daily so it should be done as written to get the best results. When they aren't having restricted they are having another unrestricted packet.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #3  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I decided early on not to have a restriced daily because I have diabetes and at that time, the restricteds raised my blood sugars too much! Now that my diabetes is under control I could probably get away with it, but I am so used to not having one, it doesn't bother me. Plus, it is less carbs per day. But it is ok to eat a restriced once a day if you want to. It is whatever suits you...
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Don't think I could give up my one restricted item per day. I always save it until after dinner....gives my taste buds something to look forward to throughout the day, and keeps me OP 100%.
Lose2Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #5  

My dr has only allowed 3 restricted packets a week. It's working great for me.

Last edited by lewers3; 10-14-2012 at 06:52 PM.
lewers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Some people find it helps for quickr weightless. I go back and forth, but have a hard time going without it. I LOVE chocolate and having my restricted makes me feel not so........deprived. It is crazy how different coaches are. I am lucky min are very easy going, although they don't seem to have the new veggie acceptable list......which I think is celery and cucumbers are free?????? WUV correct me if I am wrong.
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #7  

I don't understand why some coaches change the protocol. Most of them are far less than "experts"

This lack of standardization among IP clinics is going to be a problem for IP corporate. There seem to be so many people with coaches changing the protocol. I hope they are all reported so IP can tighten up the standards.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #8  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

You are SUPPOSED to have one restricted per day?? For real? Another thing my coach hasn't told me. I usually have 2-3 a week, didn't know anything about supposing to haver one daily. Sigh.

Wuv - your avatar picture is beautiful!!
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Some people find it helps for quickr weightless. I go back and forth, but have a hard time going without it. I LOVE chocolate and having my restricted makes me feel not so........deprived. It is crazy how different coaches are. I am lucky min are very easy going, although they don't seem to have the new veggie acceptable list......which I think is celery and cucumbers are free?????? WUV correct me if I am wrong.
Again some clinics are allowing celery an cucumbers as being "free" I for one still "count" these are part of my veggies. It works for me and has so I am not changing anything. The new sheet I just received last week does NOT say these are free. Lettuce is the ONLY one that is free according to that sheet. Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I don't understand why some coaches change the protocol. Most of them are far less than "experts"

This lack of standardization among IP clinics is going to be a problem for IP corporate. There seem to be so many people with coaches changing the protocol. I hope they are all reported so IP can tighten up the standards.
Most of the coaches haven't done the program or have loss a few pound on the program so they don't have "real" life experience as some of us have. I don't know where or how they come up with the difference in the protocol. I go by both experience and knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
You are SUPPOSED to have one restricted per day?? For real? Another thing my coach hasn't told me. I usually have 2-3 a week, didn't know anything about supposing to haver one daily. Sigh.

Wuv - your avatar picture is beautiful!!
YES for real, you are suppose to have a restricted once a day....lol.....and Thank you
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

It's funny - I've seen people post that they've broken a plateau by cutting out restricteds....I've also seen people whose losses stalled when they cut out the restricted. Some bodies are more sensitive to carbs while others seem to NEED the slight extra carbs in the restricted. I have had one restricted every day since starting and have no complaints about my losses!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #11  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Thanks ladies - so good to know this. I'm gonna go redo next week's IP food list!!
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

I have cut out a restricted on occasion and I haven't noticed any change. I did the week with no restricted and I lost 1 more pound than usual but I don't necessarily think it was due to no restricteds. I also did the every other day restricted and again, no big change in my losses. Every person is different. Restricteds keep me happy and more motivated to stay OP and not cheat.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #13  

thanks so much all! I love my restricteds and I doubt that I will be giving it up unless I have to which is why I was asking!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #14  

My coach said that if you can do without it, all the better.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
My coach said that if you can do without it, all the better.
Has your coach lived on IP for an extended period of time?

My coach wants people to do what needs to be done to stick to the plan, including an extra packet when necessary (rather than off-plan food), added egg whites, Mio, Walden Farms, whatever it takes. And she is pretty clear that the protocol calls for 1 restricted/day.

I still wonder why so many differences....
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote