Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #1  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat 10/13/12 - 10/14/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 10-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Good morning IPeeps.

Up early getting for a day with the Corvairs. Too bad ours did not get going. At least now DH has lots of other mechanics to collaborate with and maybe determine the problem with ours.

A little nippier here in the North Carolina mountains than we're used to yet in Georgia. All our events are outside, so it may take some getting used to.

There is a Subway in town, so I'm set for lunch and a Mexican place works for dinner. Love those fajitas. Just have them leave off everything but the meat and grilled peppers. They seem to compensate the missing onions with extra peppers to make the plate look full. Brings it up to about 2 cups of peppers. Mmmmmm

Everyone have a great day and stay OP.

Molly
Old 10-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Molly,
Congratulations on getting into onederland!! I bet you look and feel terrific!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Old 10-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Great idea for Mexican Molly - I wish I would have thought of that before!

WI was yesterday and I was down 2lbs in my first phase 2 week. Traveling this weekend - It's only a weekend trip so I'm going to pack my lunch and veggies in a cooler. My mom was so excited for my success, she sent me a gift card to help get some new clothes - what a great surprise! Shopping is in my near future.

I was also put on Synthroid yesterday - does anyone else take that - I'm wondering if it will have any effect on my weight. Hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Good morning! Thanks to everyone who commented on my alternative question thread. I will be shopping for some EAS shakes today.

Freezing in CT - record low of 27F this am. Frost everywhere. Sunny though. I have some home insurance/assessment visits today up in W CT which should be a nice drive w/the foliage.

I squeezed into some size 10's last night, and I bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans! My husband was so happy that I am finally 'wearing something that fits correctly'!! Woo!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
My mom was so excited for my success, she sent me a gift card to help get some new clothes - what a great surprise! Shopping is in my near future.

I was also put on Synthroid yesterday - does anyone else take that - I'm wondering if it will have any effect on my weight. Hope you all have a great OP day!
Congrats on getting to Phase 2!

Re Synthroid, in February I started thyroid meds but use Armour, its newer, all natural, and is easier to take since you don't need the wide window of time around food ingestion which Synthroid requires (as I understand it - I need 1 hour versus 3-4 hours w/ Synthroid). I started Armour at the same time I started IP, so can't speak to it from a controlled, scientific basis, but subsequent blood work shows my thyroid is functioning normally, so it should be helping my metabolism.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #7  
Started IP Sept 21 2012

S/C/G: 272/235/200

Height: 6' 1"

Good Morning one and all,

Great idea on the fajitas Molly, I think I may wander down to the mall this weekend and try that out....... never had one before but after three weeks of powdered food I'm ready to try just about anything lol By the way, you look great........ congrats on the continued success!!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #8  

Week 10.5
Welcome back TOM. First time since I started IP Aug 1. I was beginning to wonder, altho silently I'd have been thrlled if it just slipped away without a trace or any uncomfortable fanfare...

I bought 2 Republic of Tea teas last evening and tried the Hot Apple Cider herbal last nite. It was a little weak in my 24 oz Tervis Tumbler. Next time ill try 3 bags instead of 2. The can sure smells good!

Today's plans: farmers market, garage sorting/organizing, and a football game to watch with my alumni club. At the bar is about the only time I use Mio. It helps me thru when everyone around me is drinking
Old 10-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! It is a very chilly Saturday. Hubby's gone hunting. Fingers crossed for a moose so that I can keep him here to warm me up. I'm getting tired of those weekends alone with the kids.

I am not far from my goal weight but have been stalling for a couple of weeks. The scale just won't budge eventhough I am OP. I'm hanging in there but it gets frustrating.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Week 10.5
Welcome back TOM. First time since I started IP Aug 1. I was beginning to wonder, altho silently I'd have been thrlled if it just slipped away without a trace or any uncomfortable fanfare...

I bought 2 Republic of Tea teas last evening and tried the Hot Apple Cider herbal last nite. It was a little weak in my 24 oz Tervis Tumbler. Next time ill try 3 bags instead of 2. The can sure smells good!

Today's plans: farmers market, garage sorting/organizing, and a football game to watch with my alumni club. At the bar is about the only time I use Mio. It helps me thru when everyone around me is drinking
Congrats! But don't send TOM here...the door will be locked. He can skip a month anytime!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Molly,
Congratulations on getting into onederland!! I bet you look and feel terrific!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ron 43 View Post
Good Morning one and all,

Great idea on the fajitas Molly, I think I may wander down to the mall this weekend and try that out....... never had one before but after three weeks of powdered food I'm ready to try just about anything lol By the way, you look great........ congrats on the continued success!!
Thanks for the compliments. It's been a long, but worthwhile journey. Still a ways to go yet. I would feel a lot better if the foot would heal. Not yet.

I try to find other foods at restaurants besides grilled chicken salads. I like variety and I think it helps confuse the body. Eating exactly the same all the time, the body gets complacent and then possibly plateaus. Just my opinion, though.

Molly
Old 10-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I would feel a lot better if the foot would heal. Not yet.

I try to find other foods at restaurants besides grilled chicken salads. I like variety and I think it helps confuse the body. Eating exactly the same all the time, the body gets complacent and then possibly plateaus. Just my opinion, though.
I completely agree, Molly! It IS important to keep changing it up and confusing our stubborn bodies!

So sorry about the foot. I dealt with foot pain for a LONG time before I gave-in and had surgery and I'm still at the point that many shoes don't feel comfortable. At least I have my black tennis shoes and my white tennis shoes...since the weather has cooled down, my feet get cold in sandals.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Great job Molly.....you should be very proud of yourself. It is a frosty morning in Ontario this morning. I have two extra kids...babysitting or my cousin so we may venture out to a pumpkin festival that is going on.

I survived our barn banquet last night, had salad and chicken......and amazingly enough avoided the buns that were on each table, and the plate of DESSERTS that were put on each table.....argh! Brownies too. My favourite. I ended up coming home and making zucchini apple desert for myself with some ip oatmeal on top. Not exactly the same...lol but it was bedtime anyway so I didn't have time to sit and think about the brownies.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

MOLLY!!! I totally missed that you made it to ONEderland!!! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Great idea for Mexican Molly - I wish I would have thought of that before!

WI was yesterday and I was down 2lbs in my first phase 2 week. Traveling this weekend - It's only a weekend trip so I'm going to pack my lunch and veggies in a cooler. My mom was so excited for my success, she sent me a gift card to help get some new clothes - what a great surprise! Shopping is in my near future.

I have taken synthroid for a year and a half - it isn't going to make you lose faster but will normalize your body functions. Pay attention to your body signals - especially the symptoms that you get most often (for me it is early evening fatigue, dry skin/eyes and joint pain) - it takes a while to find the right dose for you so the beginning is a lot of trial and error. The "normal" range for TSH is wide, and your "normal" may be high or low in that range. If you still feel symptomatic after a month on a particular dose, talk to your doc and hopefully yours is one that will listen to the symptoms AND the labs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
Good morning! Thanks to everyone who commented on my alternative question thread. I will be shopping for some EAS shakes today.
Freezing in CT - record low of 27F this am. Frost everywhere. Sunny though. I have some home insurance/assessment visits today up in W CT which should be a nice drive w/the foliage.
I squeezed into some size 10's last night, and I bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans! My husband was so happy that I am finally 'wearing something that fits correctly'!! Woo!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Congrats on the jeans!!! It was chilly here too this morning - first time I put the heat on this season. WInter is my LEAST favorite season, unless I'm tucked inside a warm house under a blanket, enjoying it from the INSIDE
Old 10-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Just updated my tracker to reflect my big screw up weight gain.....god that sucks! I guess I need to think that I am no where near where I started at least, and I am doing something about it.
Closed Thread