Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/200/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Inexplicable weight gain this week and getting really sick of IP

Hi, everyone! I have been on IP for about 21 weeks now and in all that time, I have never gained (except over a planned cheat). This week, I gained .8 lbs and I am freaking out a little. I stayed 100% OP all week. I know that this happens, I am just a little bummed out and discouraged, and I was wondering if others that have experienced this have any advice, or if the tendency is to have a greater loss the following week. I did lose 4 lbs last week, and it was a ridiculously stressful week (BF problems so bad I couldn't bring myself to eat all I was supposed to), so my coach thinks that maybe my body had a delayed reaction to the stress and lack of food. I also got my period this week, which is exactly in the middle of my cycle (this has happened to me several times already, so that's not too abnormal). I am kind of upset, because I had a goal that I wanted to reach before a wedding I am going to soon, and it's 12 days away, and I am still 10 lbs away from that goal. I guess I just need to stick with it, and have faith that it will continue to work for me, and it will. At this point, I am just so sick of being so restricted in my food choices! I am getting closer to the end, and I am determined to stick with it, but my once awesome and positive attitude has become jaded and annoyed. Oy vey.
Violetgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hang in there. Stress and TOM can DEFINITELY toy with your water retention. It will flush away, you just have to keep downing your water and stay on plan. You would have had to eat almost 3000 calories last week to gain close to a pound of fat, so it has to be water.

And look at how far you have come - yes, you may be 10lb away from your event goal...but you have lost FIFTY ONE pounds in the 21 weeks you have done IP. Ten pounds a MONTH. Not something you could have accomplished if you hadn't stuck to the plan. You CAN do it, just stick it out a little longer and you'll be there.

If you truly can't take the diet any longer, there's also no harm in phasing off until you're ready to get at it again. You ultimately have to do what is best for YOU. Just don't let last week's stress and stress about the upcoming event make the decision for you.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #3  

Stick with it. At all costs. You are living proof that IP WORKS!!! Stop now and then what??? Go back to what you were 51 lbs ago?? No way!!! Hang Hang Hangggggg in there. You know your body will release the fat. Just keep swimming Nemo!!! You. Will. Succeed. Adjust the sails, tweak the goal, but HANG IN THERE. You have done amazing. I'm proud of you!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Stick with it. At all costs. You are living proof that IP WORKS!!! Stop now and then what??? Go back to what you were 51 lbs ago?? No way!!! Hang Hang Hangggggg in there. You know your body will release the fat. Just keep swimming Nemo!!! You. Will. Succeed. Adjust the sails, tweak the goal, but HANG IN THERE. You have done amazing. I'm proud of you!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

You are going to look and feel amazing when you go to that wedding!!! Chin up and push on!!! Stick to the plan and you will rock the dress that you are wearing!! I'll bet you that BF will come around when he sees you!!! TOM and stress will play tricks with the scale, so don't worry you will be fine!!! Come here for support!!! Hang in there!!!!
MyTime50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #6  

Thanks, everyone for the support and positivity. I really needed that, especially from people who truly understand. I am really trying to focus on the big picture. I had my BF take some pictures of me today and compared them to pictures I had taken months ago, 40 lbs heavier, and it made me feel much better. IP works, and the body can be weird at times, but I know that if I stick with it, I will see results!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I have been on 74 weeks now, I have come across weigh in's like that but I don't let them bother me I just keep plugging away. I know I am following the program and it works so I just keep going.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #8  

And fat stores hormones, so when we burn fat, the hormones are released....hence our crazy outburts, doubtful thoughts, mood swings, weird TOM. Nice eh? Gotta love em, but know you are releasing fat!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Keep Going!!!!!!!! You are being tested by the diet! Your mettle, your self efficacy all the things that will go into making you a successful maintainer hinge upon your decision at this point. Yes, restricting yourself sucks. But what's worse... eating whatever you want and being overweight... or restricting yourself and being the weight you want to be? You know the answer to this question already or you wouldn't have devoted 21 weeks to this program. You are very close to goal and this is when the journey starts getting a bit tricky. Your comfort level is higher, your motivation level is lower (especially when the scale plays tricks on you and give you a .8 gain for NO GOOD REASON). Trust in the fact that if you continue to work you will continue to succeed and you will. You will probably have a big loss next week. Consider using eggs or fish for your protein a few nights this week and definitely the night before WI next week. Whether you lose 2, 5 or 10 pounds before the wedding... buy a hot dress that makes you feel like a superstar (which after losing 50 pounds YOU ARE!!!) and everyone there will be in awe. Asking how you did it and marvelling at the difference. It will be a chance to shine... revel in it!
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #10  

wuv- You are right, it works as long as you stick to it, it's just hard to see the forest sometimes when the trees knock you on the head! I am definitely going to keep sticking with it. I just have to remember that for every bad day on IP, there are many good ones (and even more to come in the future as a result of IP!)

mompattie- I know, it's crazy! The hormonal stuff has definitely been the most constant struggle for me on IP. I think I've had my TOM for almost half the time I've been on it! I guess that just means it's working and I am detoxing all that estrogen that was stored in my fat cells!

capricious- Thanks so much for the pep talk! I still need to buy a hot dress, which is exciting, and I am sure I will feel great once I find one I love. And you are absolutely right about the result of this testy time being an indicator of my success as a maintainer. It's weird, I always thought that the closer I got to goal, the easier it would get, but it is tricky! It's nice to know I am not the only one experiencing that. I will definitely do eggs and fish this week.