Old 10-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #1  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

Talking Cookie Recipe - IP Phase 1

I'm sorry of this has already been posted, but any cookie recipe I have found either is with alternatives or oatmeal (not Phase 1 friendly). My coach (who is my sister) gave me this recipe and I thought it was great! I have been craving cookies the whole time and this helped a lot!

Mix together:
IP packet of Cappuccino or Pudding (I found cap was a little crispier and pudding softer)
3 Tbs egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp coconut oil - make sure 0 carbs
1 tsp Splenda

Drop by spoon fulls onto cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 10-12 mins.

These would be great when traveling and not wanting to take the shaker along. The recipe makes about 5-6 cookies. I did find that the cap made a think mix, while the pudding was almost chunky. I smooshed the chunks in my hands and made a ball and then pushed it down flatter.

Coconut oil can be found at health food stores, I found mine at bulk barn.
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #2  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I make cookies out of the IP oatmeal...1 egg white, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp Splenda, WF chocolate syrup or dip (because I like chocolate) to taste, and 1 1/2 oz of water (although I'm sure you could put some coconut oil in there.

Spoon to cookie sheet - Back at 350 for 10-12 min.

My pudding cookies never turn out right -- they have like this tougher "shell" on the outside, but I've never put oil in the mix so maybe that's the key. The oatmeal ones are darn good too But I believe oatmeal is restricted while pudding is not!

Last edited by jules26965; 10-10-2012 at 03:04 PM.
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafish246 View Post
I'm sorry of this has already been posted, but any cookie recipe I have found either is with alternatives or oatmeal (not Phase 1 friendly). My coach (who is my sister) gave me this recipe and I thought it was great! I have been craving cookies the whole time and this helped a lot!

Mix together:
IP packet of Cappuccino or Pudding (I found cap was a little crispier and pudding softer)
3 Tbs egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Splenda

Drop by spoon fulls onto cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 10-12 mins.

These would be great when traveling and not wanting to take the shaker along. The recipe makes about 5-6 cookies. I did find that the cap made a think mix, while the pudding was almost chunky. I smooshed the chunks in my hands and made a ball and then pushed it down flatter.

I make essentially the same thing; however, I do not add Splenda and use one less tablespoon of egg white. My favorite mix to use is the chocolate drink mix. I love the idea of using coconut oil, I have some but never thought to use it. I know what I am trying tomorrow.
Samkatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #4  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I tried making cookies out of the chocolate drink mix last night and they were terrible! They were a weird texture...it was the drink packet, 1 t. baking soda, 2 egg whites and a little stevia. Can anyone give me advice or lead me to a truly good cookie? Thanks!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #5  

Quote:

Mix together:
3 Tbs egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Splenda

Is your coconut oil a solid at room temperature? Thanks for the recipe. I travel for work, so this is a great idea. Do you know how long they stay fresh?
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstubbs View Post
I tried making cookies out of the chocolate drink mix last night and they were terrible! They were a weird texture...it was the drink packet, 1 t. baking soda, 2 egg whites and a little stevia. Can anyone give me advice or lead me to a truly good cookie? Thanks!
Check Rainbow's recipe thread. I think you should have added coconut oil to your recipe and also a little flavoring extract would help. Don't overbake them.

I used coconut extract in my chocolate cookies and they tasted like almond joy. mmmm Haven't made them in a while. I'll be doing some IP baking tonight!
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #7  
Holding on TIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Check Rainbow's recipe thread. I think you should have added coconut oil to your recipe and also a little flavoring extract would help. Don't overbake them.

I used coconut extract in my chocolate cookies and they tasted like almond joy. mmmm Haven't made them in a while. I'll be doing some IP baking tonight!
thanks ragdoll, I appreciate it. Maybe the addition of coconut oil will help.
Let me know how your baking turns out...
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #8  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Is your coconut oil a solid at room temperature? Thanks for the recipe. I travel for work, so this is a great idea. Do you know how long they stay fresh?
It's kinda a solid . . I guess the texture of butter. I have no idea how long they stay fresh, sorry.
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #9  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

Mix together:
3 Tbs egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Splenda

This recipe works well with the Wildberry IP packet too. The first time I made it I used EVOO, and they came out a little hard, second time I used coconut oil and they were WAAAY better!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #10  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstubbs View Post
I notice that you said you use baking soda. Looks like every recipe I've seen calls for baking powder. That could be a big difference...
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217.8/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26965 View Post
I make cookies out of the IP oatmeal...1 egg white, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp Splenda, WF chocolate syrup or dip (because I like chocolate) to taste, and 1 1/2 oz of water (although I'm sure you could put some coconut oil in there.

Spoon to cookie sheet - Back at 350 for 10-12 min.

My pudding cookies never turn out right -- they have like this tougher "shell" on the outside, but I've never put oil in the mix so maybe that's the key. The oatmeal ones are darn good too But I believe oatmeal is restricted while pudding is not!
I have been looking for this! I have the maple oatmeal. Thanks!
szzanni86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #12  

stupid question #1,000,000....how many cookies equal a serving?
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #13  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
stupid question #1,000,000....how many cookies equal a serving?
If you use one packet to make the cookies, the entire batch is one serving.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #14  
Holding on TIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
I notice that you said you use baking soda. Looks like every recipe I've seen calls for baking powder. That could be a big difference...
Hi cajunlady...the recipe I have uses baking soda...(I had to re-check that) but yeah, I'll try it again with the baking powder. Thanks!!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 146/120/105

Height: 5'0" on a good day :)

Default What did I do wrong?

Quote:

Mix together:
3 Tbs egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Splenda

I was so excited to try this so I made it tonight for my evening snack. I wish I could say it was great but it wasn't very good at all. I must have done something wrong.

I used the dark chocolate pudding mix and some stevia and followed everything else in the recipe. I left it in the oven for a couple of minutes longer than you suggested.

When I ate the cookies, they were a wierd combination of dry and rubbery. I still ate it but was sad that it wasn't very good.

Any suggestions on improving my recipe or technique? I wasn't sure if the texture was because of the added minutes in the oven or the pudding mix or something else.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses
ablever is offline   Reply With Quote