Metabolic Research Center - weight loss weekly averages

View Full Version : weight loss weekly averages

Kituppy
10-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello!
I am new here.. I am signing up for metabolic research center on Friday. This is not my first time, I did this back in highschool and lost 60 lbs- That was over 10 years ago. I am looking forward to losing weight for my wedding in March, I need to lose as much as I can before then!!!
Just curious, What is everyones "avg" weekly loss?? I have about 100 pounds i need to lose, But dont anticipate in losing that before my wedding, but of course would like to lose as much as I can!

dkdaisybutters
10-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I average about 3 lbs a week, between 2.5 and 3. Congrats on your wedding and good luck on your weight loss!

cassie143
10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
I have been steadily losing three pounds a week. They said 3-5 when I signed up but I have yet to see a 5 pound loss in one week. I am happy with 3 :)

skelley331
10-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Wow you girls rock, my average has been 1 to 1 1/2 lbs but this week i'm going to shock them!! This morning i was down 2.8lbs and i go weigh in tomorrow, yeah!!! :carrot::carrot:

jrkessle
10-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Mine varies quite a bit. I dropped 4 pounds in one week just 2 weeks ago, and this week i've dropped 3 so far. there are often weeks i only lose 1 pound and feel like i'm really struggling. i have a serious problem with weighing myself every single day though, so i feel less than thrilled about only 1/2 pound difference every day. trying to ween myself off of the daily scale so that i can see a larger margin of improvement every week and keep my motivation up.

meazie
10-11-2012, 10:49 AM
i have a serious problem with weighing myself every single day though, so i feel less than thrilled about only 1/2 pound difference every day. trying to ween myself off of the daily scale so that i can see a larger margin of improvement every week and keep my motivation up.

I have this same habit too. And it does seem to get discouraging. I put my scale in the closet last night and am only going to bring it out a few times each week now.

I've lost about 2-2.5 lbs/week...but I've not been totally on program consistently. I've struggled with that but won't give you a bunch of excuses. I just need to make time for myself a priority too so I can prep what I need and have the right foods ready.

I have a wedding looming too..my sister's next Oct. I already have my bridesmaid dress and the largest size it came in was a 14, but I think it's more like a 12. I'm almost to a 16 now, so I've got a way to go still.

skelley331
10-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Mine varies quite a bit. I dropped 4 pounds in one week just 2 weeks ago, and this week i've dropped 3 so far. there are often weeks i only lose 1 pound and feel like i'm really struggling. i have a serious problem with weighing myself every single day though, so i feel less than thrilled about only 1/2 pound difference every day. trying to ween myself off of the daily scale so that i can see a larger margin of improvement every week and keep my motivation up.

I do that too, i keep saying i will only weigh in once a week but it ends up being everyday, it helps keep me in check though i will admit that. What I get discouraged about is that when i weigh in at the center i'm always 1-2 lbs more!! UGH:mad:

meazie
10-11-2012, 04:22 PM
What I get discouraged about is that when i weigh in at the center i'm always 1-2 lbs more!! UGH:mad:

Don't get me started on that...double UGH! :mad:
My center suggested that I come weigh in first thing in the a.m. before eating, etc. But they don't open until 10 and I go to work at 8. So I go by my scale and not theirs.

dkdaisybutters
10-11-2012, 07:28 PM

HA I have the same problem with the scale, one time I told my fiance to hide the scale and I was like a little kid trying to find my present hidden at Christmas. I can't keep from stepping on that thing! Oh well, I guess it's better than not caring at all and if it helps us to stay on track then I'm okay with it! :broc:

skelley331
10-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Don't get me started on that...double UGH! :mad:
My center suggested that I come weigh in first thing in the a.m. before eating, etc. But they don't open until 10 and I go to work at 8. So I go by my scale and not theirs.

Oh my center opens at 9:00 am and i go in right after i get up and shower, it takes 20 mins for me to get there and i haven't eaten a thing and their scales are still higher LOL:mad:

Minic1
10-12-2012, 09:00 AM
I am averaging 1 pound a week. I finally broke through a 4 week plateau. I'd been losing and gaining the same (1 ) pound week after week gzzzzz. At weigh in last night I had lost 2.5 pounds! YEAH!!!!!

dkdaisybutters
10-14-2012, 12:19 AM
I am averaging 1 pound a week. I finally broke through a 4 week plateau. I'd been losing and gaining the same (1 ) pound week after week gzzzzz. At weigh in last night I had lost 2.5 pounds! YEAH!!!!!

Great job! Hopefully that plateau got crushed for good!!! :)

cmarty
10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Well, I was averaging 2 to 2 1/2 pounds a week when I did 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. When I stopped exercising it went to 1 to 1 1/2 so I think exercising will improve the numbers. I have hopped back on the wagon of exercise this week. I take corititrim only.

ladywest
10-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I havent been on for some time. I joined MRC in mid July, I'm down 28 lbs and 32 inches. I was doing great until the end of August. Had two weddings and mini vacation, now I'm struggling to get back on track. I do great all week and mess around on weekends. So I lose two pounds and gain back 1. Any suggestions to get back on track. I feel like i blew the whole month. Am still wanting to lose 40 lbs by the end of year. :?:

ckarschnik
10-18-2012, 01:15 PM
I just started the MRC diet with my sister-in-law. We are wondering if the extra products( Three musketeers) help or the outcome is the same without them? We are preconditioning right now and taking the MRC-6 and the corti-trim. does everyone get the same promise of getting to their goal weight in 6 months?

dkdaisybutters
10-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I just started the MRC diet with my sister-in-law. We are wondering if the extra products( Three musketeers) help or the outcome is the same without them? We are preconditioning right now and taking the MRC-6 and the corti-trim. does everyone get the same promise of getting to their goal weight in 6 months?

I lost all my weight without any of the products and I still average 3 lbs a week. The lady who signed me up told me she thought that I could do it without any of the products help and I have.(of course I get the drinks and such but no pills except for oil and vitamin) It even says on my sheet to not have the other consultants put me on them. Although, my mom is on the diet and she takes them and she says they really help her so i don't know. It can be done without but I would just ask one or a couple consultants what they think since everyone's body is different.

skelley331
10-21-2012, 03:25 PM

think it's up to the individual, when i started in july i started on the MRC-6 and i think it helped me lose the inches quickly, then i got on the cortitrim because i have alot of stress with my job and it's been a life saver for me, and my center had me reaching my goal weight in 6 months and i'm 10lbs away and it will be close because i have three weeks left. Good luck on your weightloss journey. They are amazing and great supporters at my center. I'm excited that in a few weeks i will start stabilization!!
:carrot::carrot:

HowdyTexas
11-20-2012, 12:55 PM
I havent been on for some time. I joined MRC in mid July, I'm down 28 lbs and 32 inches. I was doing great until the end of August. Had two weddings and mini vacation, now I'm struggling to get back on track. I do great all week and mess around on weekends. So I lose two pounds and gain back 1. Any suggestions to get back on track. I feel like i blew the whole month. Am still wanting to lose 40 lbs by the end of year. :?:
Our situation is so similar!!! I started MRC in August and I am down 31 lbs and 19 inches! I felt like I had given up in October. I have somehow managed to regain most of my determination. I think I figured out certain foods that my body doesn't tolerate too well for those days when I do cheat. Like you, I usually stay on track during the week but come weekends I struggle with it. Knowing now that I will gain from certain foods, I stay away from those in particular. I look at my skinnier clothes in the closest to help me stay focused and I look at photos from my "skinnier days". I daydream about how great I would look and feel to be slimmer. And remind myself that I hold the fate of my future in my hands.

SatinDoll
11-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Well im thinking about joining again and i need to lose this weight for the service. my weekly was about 4.5~6 pounds a week and that was from the help of talking to other people who joined before me

librarywench
11-23-2012, 02:26 PM
I've been on MRC since October 24 and I've lost 21 lbs. I lost a ton of weight during pre-conditioning and dropped my first 10 lbs in the first week! I think that speaks to just how badly I needed to lose that weight...my body was ready to let it go!

I have 200 lbs to lose, but we are working on the first 100 for the first 6 months. Then I supposed I have the choice to sign up for another 6 months or not...

mindboggld
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
This is my weight loss so far:

10/30 signed up and start conditioning 290
11/2 go in for menu 285.5
11/6 286
11/14 281
11/16 283.5
11/19 282
11/21 282.5
11/26 280 - hit my ten lbs today!

librarywench
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Woohoo!!! Good job and congrats!!!! I go in in a couple hours.....

Keylani
12-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Starting weight = 340lbs
Weeks on plan = 28 weeks
Weight lost = 113lbs

113lbs divided by 28 wks = 4.035 average weight lose per week.

17.38lbs average weight lost a month

SatinDoll
12-29-2012, 08:59 PM
My was about 6.6. When I didn't cheat