Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Unhappy Struggling, could really use some support...thanks

Hi,

I don't mean for this to be a 'vent' post but I really am struggling. In the past few weeks, I have had MRIs of my neck and back for pain and disc issues, now in PT, been in the ER for a migraine once, then twice again in the ER recently for asthma attacks. I had to miss work twice and I am not getting any sleep tonight before I return to work because of the asthma medicine. I see my asthma doc today. In addition to this, someone very close to me is having job security issues.

I feel my mood is not very stable, and I am reaching out to my support network, but I am going through a lot and my asthma medicines which I desperately need not only cause temporary water retention but a feeling of excitability Therefore, my moods feel less stable UGH! I just feel like I can't calm down and vacillate between tears and sheer joy. I know this is related to the asthma meds because it has only happened within the past few days when I have been on the asthma meds.

The temporary (hopefully) 3 lb. gain of water retention in 2 days is really frustrating because I have been watching what I eat and working on tracking my points. Before this gain I had a 9 lb. gain from a Fibromyalgia medicine! I just feel like Murphy's Law is smacking me in the face- if it will go wrong, it sure is!

I am really trying and I just feel so sad, mad and frustrated. (tears)

Thanks so much for listening.

Bless all of you and this site.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 AM   #2  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

I am so sorry you are going thru all of this. There is an old adage, 'when it rains, it pours', and sometimes it's true. I myself have asthma, and know how bad the meds are for sleep/weight, mood, etc. If you have been on them before, you know this is just a temporary thing. Most things, no matter how bad, do not last forever. Have a good cry( very cleansing), do your best to muddle thru( all anyone can ask of you..), and know that your friends here on the forum are thinking/praying/sending out good vibes for you
Twilightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #3  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

*hug* or wait, make that *hugssssssss*
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Amy I hope you get some answers soon. It does seem like it pours every time it rains and it's VERY difficult sometimes to even feel like you're making any headway...especially if you go a bit backwards as far as some things. But you are worth it! You might consider just baby steps. When I was having my myofascial issues ALL I focused on was 15-30 minutes of my physical therapy stretching a day or something along those lines AND making sure I got my water in. Eventually that morphed into more exercise intensity and creating a "plan" as far as a WOE for life, both of which are going to keep evolving until I die because nothing is stagnant. Meds blow sometimes. If I'm on prednisone you can guarantee I'm going to get 5 pounds heavier (but it IS water) and my MIL will feel edgy on it constantly (even if it is psychosomatic as her physician claims it doesn't negate the fact she feels that way).

You can do this and DO post when you need support because I have already seen you be supportive too, sometimes we all need it!
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Seabiscuit, you sound very stressed. I know that this is only a superficial solution, but what about a time out and go watch a movie at the cinema, read a new book, look at funny videoes on Youtube, do a at home spa day where you take a face mask and a hair mask, paint your nails or call a friend.

I think sometimes we spend so much time focusing on lifestyle changes, we need a little time out and recharge by doing something else.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink Thank you all so much, I really appreciate the support

Twilightwing- Thank you for your support. I'm sorry you have asthma too, it is not fun. Yes, I agree, when it rains, it pours. I appreciate your reminding me that this is a temporary thing, although it is a setback. I greatly appreciate your kindness, support and hug. Thanks!

Melodymist- Thank you so much, that is very kind and touching!

Serenity Diva- Thank you for your encouragement and kindness. I greatly appreciate your reminding me that I am worth it, thanks! Yeah, you're right, meds do blow sometimes, sigh. Baby steps is an awesome idea. Thanks! I appreciate the reminder to ask for support, that means a lot!

IsabellaOlivia- Thank you for your support! That is a great idea about de-stressing My friend and I have plans to see a movie at the cinema this Sunday and I have been reaching out to friends and family. Maybe I will try to do something else to de-stress, not sure what, but that's a good project to work on Thanks!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #7  
Health obsessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
Hi,

I don't mean for this to be a 'vent' post but I really am struggling. In the past few weeks, I have had MRIs of my neck and back for pain and disc issues, now in PT, been in the ER for a migraine once, then twice again in the ER recently for asthma attacks. I had to miss work twice and I am not getting any sleep tonight before I return to work because of the asthma medicine. I see my asthma doc today. In addition to this, someone very close to me is having job security issues.

I feel my mood is not very stable, and I am reaching out to my support network, but I am going through a lot and my asthma medicines which I desperately need not only cause temporary water retention but a feeling of excitability Therefore, my moods feel less stable UGH! I just feel like I can't calm down and vacillate between tears and sheer joy. I know this is related to the asthma meds because it has only happened within the past few days when I have been on the asthma meds.

The temporary (hopefully) 3 lb. gain of water retention in 2 days is really frustrating because I have been watching what I eat and working on tracking my points. Before this gain I had a 9 lb. gain from a Fibromyalgia medicine! I just feel like Murphy's Law is smacking me in the face- if it will go wrong, it sure is!

I am really trying and I just feel so sad, mad and frustrated. (tears)

Thanks so much for listening.

Bless all of you and this site.

Amy
I know the horrors of disc pain, it's horrible.
Be kind to yourself. Have you thought of changing to a different medication? Sometimes it just isn't right for you (I've been on and off them since I was 12)

If you are including exercise in your plans, remember to be gentle. Exercise can be good for sciatica, but only when it's done with care. Also try lying on your side when you sleep. Have you tried one of those magnetic underlays? Someone I know said they help with sciatica.

Either way, I hope things look up for you soon.
Miss Health is offline   Reply With Quote