Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 05:48 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #44 ....Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on its way

Well We will be past all the jelly beans, peeps chocoalte bunnies soon.

I hope you all have a great Easter, Or had a nice Passover.

PLease see Pam's Beautiful post at the end of #43.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:19 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

Well I hope you all had a nice holiday. The weather here was wonderful. Had a nice dinner at my sisters. Not the whole family but enough.

Well Another week in near and that brings another opportunity to make better choices as we work towarsd being successful in our steps toward a healthy lifestyle.

I have 3 sisters who are all thin. I get reminded how large I am when I am with them. I hate it. Want to drop that 20#'s I have gained back but wanting it to happen doesn't make it so.

How are the rest of you doing?

Check in when you can and check out Pam's last few post on the last thread
Old 04-22-2003, 05:56 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
Well the carb clouds are clearing! I'll tell you I had such a hangover yesterday I couldn't get out of my own way. Had a hard look at myself, long talk with myself and decided that this was it!
Also decided to take a slower approach to getting back to a better woe and life stlye. Ist and foremost goal is the eating. and water. I was trying to do too much at the same time and not doing anything. So that is my focus this week If I get in some exercise that will be great too.

Yesterday
1 gallon of water!!
2 egg whites and 1 slice of cheese

Chiken /salad

steak, salad/peas

NO SODA!!!!!

Hey girls check in! Warm weather is coming we want to show our bodies not cover them up!! We want to feel good and strong!!
We want to hold our heads up high!

We can do this! we deserve this!
Old 04-23-2003, 05:23 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

The lurkers must think I am crazy! LOL
But I press on! 2 days perfect OPness!
Hurdles that I was successful at yesterday are:
No diet soft drink! No special coffee! No easter candy or left over cheese cake!! The fight wasn't too bad and the cravings left pretty quickly.

1 non fat yogurt
1 grapefruit

chicken /salad

pork, corn, beans
3 1/2 quarts of water
sf pudding

My face is staring to clear up and my energy level is improving. So is my mental alertness.

SO I keep on getting my woe back to where it should be.
Next week I will incorporate reg exercise

Well girls where the heck are you all?
Old 04-23-2003, 08:02 AM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Sorry i have been MIA!!! Did you guys miss me?

Things here have been crazy! I went to see a cardiologist. He said that my heart is fine ! i was really happy to hear that. My cholesterol was good too, so I was really excited about that. Guess my life style changes are working for me in some ways.

i have been tired and run down and not feeling very good. I am trying to get focused back on me so I can continue on my weight loss journey.

I am looking forward to completeing this journey. I just gotta get my head right!

Anyone for a multi-vitamin?
Old 04-23-2003, 01:54 PM   #6  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I can't keep up with you all. The semester is almost over and I couldn't be any happier. I will focus on my exercise and eating habits. Hopefully before the Fall semester begins that my van will be running again.

Well I better run I have to go and pick up some papers. Talk to you all later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 04-24-2003, 06:09 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Well hey ladies how the heck are you? It's been pretty lonesome here.

You are always missed when you aren't here!

Melody glad your heart is OK sorry that you don't feel well.

Kina, I am sure you are looking to enjoy some school free time this summer.

Well 3 days of OPness!

I was able to not eat frosting covered brownies and no special coffee And NO soda!! I wasn't even tempted by the left over Easter Candy!

2 eggs

zuchini stew
salad

roast beef

SF cocoa

3 quarts of water

You all have a good day

PAM and Sue how are you??
Old 04-25-2003, 01:21 AM   #8  
gbo

My Darlin's...
6 days, 5-8 hours a day out in the garden. Once the heat of moderate sun would make me so very ill. Passing out ill but no more.I have dug out rock and chopped out hard clay to make a fertile soft bed for all my tender shoots to wriggle down in and grow strong and productive. Easter morning, hubby and I went to the Sunrise service. It was so good to be there. The morning was warm yet a crispness still remained making the morning fresh and new. Such promise for the day. It became not only a spiritual morning but one of humor as we had a visitor that took a great shine to me. Sitting as we were upon bleachers where baseball games and childrens laughter seemed to linger in the air we began with prayer my head bent eyes closed a sudden wet sensation covered my faced. With a startled gasp all eyes opened in mid prayer and laughter again filled the morning air as well as my own. I had opened my eyes to two big brown eyes looking into mine a black, good sized dog met my startled view as he continued to kiss me all over my face. Makeup managed to stay somewhat in place but clothes became a concern as his muddy foot sought to place itself on my cream colored skirt. Throughout the service I had a companion which sat beside me on the bleacherperiodically kissing my face and staring at me as I strained to keep my attention on the pastors words. Hot breath stayed on my neck and face until we got up and walked back to the car. The dog tried to follow us home. Little did I know what was to come. Hubby and I went home changed into our work clothes and continue the progress in our huge garden. I had not slept so after about two hours. I went in to rest a while , a nap would do. I drifted off quickly and fell into a deep peaceful sleep.
Suddenly.... I heard from a great distance a distubance. Jolted into and upright state still not sure of what I was hearing and struggling to make limbs react to the desprate sounds which tore through the air outside my bedroom window, I finally shot across the room in shock and in massive horror, my hands hit the glass panes of my window with force enough to shake the frame of the entire window. My screams ripped through the house and reached the two dogs that had Mitsy ,a small female calico who has been here since her birth, trapped between them tearing at her. Two more feet and she would have been in the saftey of our fenced enclosure, but the canines had double teamed her and she had no defense except for my screams and hands slamming against the glass. My Husband heard the great din coming from the house and ran from the garden running the dogs off. Mitsy lay heart racing breathing harshly. I could hardly see for the tears that filled my eyes and sobs that racked my body. It appeared both legs were broken, huge areas of fur pulled loose from her skin. Hubby took a rake and gentle eased her up from the cold water in the pool cover. She hissed and made all efforts to protect herself. Her oain was more than I could bare. Oh, Please I begged from my very soul don't hurt her, don't hurt her... she is already suffering. Please don;t hurt her. Oh God , Oh God...don't hurt her anymore.: The Same words came unbiden again and again. She dragged herself by her front paws fear rippling through her shaking body legs dragging behind limp and useless. My soul shattered almost audibly. I yelled to my Husband you go get Dave have him come and put her out of her misery...his dogs did this make him fix it now ! Mitsey pulled her pain filled body into the weeds grow high at the base of the pool. I walked sobbing, feeling for all the world as though I too had been ravaged with her. My sobbing carried in the air words spilled from my own pain.... I hate dogs ,cried out ,I hate dogs. Hardly true but heart felt at that moment. My anger at being unable to protect her, so close to saftey,in my vision I still saw them ripping and tearing at her. Like a tape it played back over and over in my eyes, in my heart, in my soul. I saw Hubby heading across the pastue to Daves.... Hateful words of pain and anger shot out of my mouth.... And you tell Dave I had better never see them back on my property ever again. Later I knew Dave had heard my every word. Those dogs are killers , if I could have gotten to them they would have been dead... the words rang after Hubby and across the way where David stood. I did not see him but I knew . I went in the house slamming the door dangeriously near to comming off the hinges. Teras flowed and angry words still resounded from my depths. The anger at my helplessness to stop this horror from happening at all pushed and shoved at my emotions. I heard a shot then another and another and once more. I prayed at that moment from my toenails that he had not shot her so many times not hurt her anymore. I pushed the thoughts aways and said to myself she isn't hurting now. Its ok. God I praye dtake unto you the little soul of Mitsey and take all pain and fear away that she may play on the rainbow bridge with those in her family who has preceded her. God care for her until I get there and see to her for me. My day was destroyed the sweet peacefulness shattered like spun glass on cement. Dazed I walked through the day and sleep offered no relief as I dreamed of buring everyone I have loved. The following day seemed tarnished by all that had occured until later that evening. Hubby asked me who the cat was that was in front of our car. I only saw the back parts of the cat and replied oh, that's Besy Boo but I marked in my mind the fact that I had never noticed Betsy had one orange leg just like Mitsey. Are you sure Hubby said. Well , she is the only one it could be........my words hung in my throat.
My heart began to pound visibly in my chest. Reserection?????
I thought a million things in a matter if seconds .crazy, Iv'e gone crazy, a miracle, a ghost, what is going on finally erupted from my lips. It was Mitsey and she was walking, not with a natural stride but walking and running I might add rather well for one who had been through what I had seen. Hubby explained. I shot at her point blank four times and never hit her and she never moved at all. Stunned he went back to Dave and aked if he had blanks in the gun. Stunned Dave replied no. Dan was once a hunter but that ended when he married me. He couldn't believe he could have missed her from a foot away. Whenhe walked back she was gone. He didn't want me to be torn apart by the thoughts of her suffering so he just saud he had buried her. I stood starring at him mouth open and befuddled. Then it all gelled in my mind. A whispered a miracle did happen after all. She was meant to survive. No bullets touched her. So now ..I leave food for her where her healing body has easy and safe access and say a prayer of thanks and healing for her. By the way I am sleeping well and peaceful and have not seen the dogs running loose since that day.
Pam
Old 04-25-2003, 05:40 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Oh PAm taht is awful. Iam sorry taht your day was so spoiled. But am glad that it didn't end the way you thought it did at first. I am a dog lover but when I had my dog she was ona leash when out of the house. Some people beleive that is cruel but I think it is more cruel to lose them to a car or infringe on others rights by her jumping or wandering to do damage elsewhere.

Yesterday was an extrememly stressful day at work. ANd I didn't plan all that well.
so here it goes

yougert
zucchini stew
2 quarts water

chicken sandwich
french fries
Oh and gourmet poto chips. UGH< UGH

Don't feel too bad today

But will start over

Hey Sue how are you?? You are sorely missed

Kina Melody youtoo!
Old 04-26-2003, 02:33 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am stagling back carb hung over and sick to my stomach from the carbs but ready to feel good again.

Pam I also had a cat that was torn apart infront of my kids by a pit bull. I do not blame the dog as it was his natural instint and it was the childs fault for bringing the dog into the house because it was sprinkling outside. but again it was a child that had done it and her judgement was not so good. (no offer from the parents to pay for the vet bills or the cremation bill) My heart go out for you and hope that god does perform a miricle for the cat.

Mom was here for a few days that lead to confusing on my house and with over working and stress I have not been good. I am switchin to 12 hours so the days off will be more during the week and not soo stressful if I do over time. still having more days off. I just need to focus on the house and the bills paying itself and keeping cahs flowing.

Nwe ncar is running great very happy but the kids really have a bad time right now with cars. they think that they can get a car with my cosign NOT!!! I do not have credit that will support mine and their car loans!! Foolisn kids they are looking at newer cars theyd o not realize that they have to have junk before they can advance to good cars and the good cars will not come with out a good paying job!
Old 04-28-2003, 06:01 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Well we face another opportunity to make choices to acheive our goals.!!

This week the goal is to incorporate working out. In addition to eating well and water.

My goal is 3 workouts at the gym. Just 3 hours at the gym.
eat OP
and get 1 gal of water in daily.

SUe It was awesome to see your post. I know you will enjoy the home hours away from work. Especially with the nice weather coming up. And alot of the nurses I know prefer to be there 12 as long as they were there anyway.

Kina how do the final days at school goin?

Melody, how are you doing??

Pam any word on the status of the cat?

Well I am off to face Monday!!
Old 04-29-2003, 05:10 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Well thank goodness that monday is over!
I want to say how desparate I was for angel hair pasta w/ butter and parm cheese.I played w/ it in my head. Planned to stop at the grocery to get it. Rationalized it 7 ways to sunday on how this was ok. I wish I could tell you that I bravely faced my craving and beat it. And while I didn't have it, the only reason I didn't stop to get it, was my evening meeting went late and I was to darn tired to stop at teh store, go in the store, find it then pay for it.

I am struggling getting a handle on my new position. Talk about be careful what you wish for. Most of my issues are my own.
Having to be perfect
wanting to do a good job.
worrying about what other people think.
fear of screwing up.

2 eggs w/ cheese
leancuisine meal
grapefruit.
lo carb bar
chicken ceasar sald
sf jello and cool whip
2 1/2 quarts of water

But enough about me

How is everyone else doing??

Check in, you're missed!!
Old 04-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #13  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Everyone! Yes, finals are quickly approaching and not a moment too soon. Transportation is getting troublesome more and more everyday. I am having to stay home today because DH was having trouble with Dad's truck and DH doesn't want me to drive to school and get stuck out there...I have to be home in time for the kids. So today I will stay home and Thursday I will finish out the semester. I have Finals this Saturday and next Tuesday.

I can't wait for it to be over. I plan to work my butt off. I never thought I would say this but I yearn to exercise and get a good exercise. I even made it a point to call the high school in our area to find out when the track is available to the public. But that might not be an option if the van is still not running by then.

Enough of my troubles! How is life treating the rest of you? May is coming around the corner and I plan to be pumped up with exercise energy that you won't believe. I plan to report LOSSES! Who's in?

I got to get going. I have a Payroll Project that I have to work on. Bye!

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 04-30-2003, 05:39 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Hello Kina!!
Good luck w/ the finals and very sorry about the car issues. Very frustrating. I am so in ! I so need the support here. As teh daily struggle continues. As well as the struggle to get into clothes that fit. LOL

Still OP food wise

2 1/2 quarts water
2ggsw/ chees
chicken salad
turkey
vegs
salad
sf jello

How is everyone else.
Have to go as I only have 3 days to get the w/os in!
Old 05-02-2003, 05:15 AM   #15  
Work in Progress

Well another week is past.
Weds wasn't a good day food wise.

Yesterday
yogurt w. kashi go lean

chicken salad

only 2 quarts water

chicken wings 1 slice pizza

Only worked out 1 x did not meet goal.

How is everyone else doing?
Closed Thread