Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196.8/190/160

Height: 5'8

Default First day of IP today 10/8/12 - Looking for suggestions & encouragement!

Hi Everyone!
I am new to this website and came across it while I was doing some research on this diet. My cousin had great success with this diet and after my initial appointment I have decided to begin my IP journey. Since I am doing this all alone, I am hoping to be an active member on this website! I have done every diet and taken all types of diet pills and nothing seems to work. Years ago, I lost 30lbs with Jenny Craig and have kept it off but I have about 40-50 more lbs to go. I have joined crossfit about 4 months ago and I am absolutely addicted, it has helped build muscle tone, but unfortunately the scale is not dropping. I know exercise is discouraged (especially in the beginning) but I am just going to take it easy and add an extra protein before my workout (3x a week). Also, today I made a salad with cucumbers/red onions and used the Walden Farms rasberry dressing and it was horrible! Any dressing suggestions? (preferrably something easy and convenient). The chicken noodle soup came out a bit powdery...what am I doing wrong? Any helpful tips/suggestions are welcome![/FONT]
Ellabella250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #2  

I am on day 4 and I finally am starting to feel better. The best advice I can give you is stick with it. The past few days were horrible but today was ok and I know tomorrow will be even better.

Have you tried just oil and vinegar for a salad dressing?

Good Luck on your journey
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

I am NOT a WF salad dressing fan other than the thousand island and only in the Big Mac in a bowl. I make my own salad dressing using 1 tsp evoo, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, sea salt and table blend mrs. dash to taste. I also do not like the soups without adding pureed vegetables to them. Good luck! This diet is amazing!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #4  

I am on Day 6 and I decided to go the simple route. I do a ready made shake for breakfast, 3-4 oz protein and 2 cups of veg for lunch with a restricted bar, the balance of the protein and veg for dinner, and then a pudding for a late snack. And I will have a side salad for lunch and dinner.

My end goal is to eat whole foods. I was eating whole foods before I started and I decided that this would be the least invasive method. Plus, I still have to cook dinner for the other six people at home. So they will just eat protein and veggies with me.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellabella250 View Post
Hi Everyone!
I am new to this website and came across it while I was doing some research on this diet. My cousin had great success with this diet and after my initial appointment I have decided to begin my IP journey. Since I am doing this all alone, I am hoping to be an active member on this website! I have done every diet and taken all types of diet pills and nothing seems to work. Years ago, I lost 30lbs with Jenny Craig and have kept it off but I have about 40-50 more lbs to go. I have joined crossfit about 4 months ago and I am absolutely addicted, it has helped build muscle tone, but unfortunately the scale is not dropping. I know exercise is discouraged (especially in the beginning) but I am just going to take it easy and add an extra protein before my workout (3x a week). Also, today I made a salad with cucumbers/red onions and used the Walden Farms rasberry dressing and it was horrible! Any dressing suggestions? (preferrably something easy and convenient). The chicken noodle soup came out a bit powdery...what am I doing wrong? Any helpful tips/suggestions are welcome![/FONT]
Just wanted to stop in and say welcome. I see you are in South San Francisco. We moved from San Jose to Austin about 2.5 years ago and I grew up in Daly City. Good luck on IP, it's the best!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #6  

don't like the WF dressings but go to the recipe page on the IP site here and you will find plenty useful recipes. I also have an old pill btl and I use it to put the dressing in for work. I'm only on day 8 and I'm still hungry a lot but got lots of suggestions from people on this site who are becoming my support group!!! they are wonderful here!!!!! I didn't realize it til someone else said it but my cravings for different bad foods are gone! I'm excited ur here!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellabella250 View Post
Hi Everyone!
Make your own dressing. There are recipes in the stickies at the top of the IP forum page. I make mine in a magic bullet. 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tbs mustard, S&P, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 tsp stevia, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 cup olive oil. Whip it up and taste and adjust your seasonings. My family loves it too.
Some people have also used Newmans Own light Italian or just lemon juice and olive oil. Experiment with what you have in your spice cabinet. I didn't care for WF dressings except for the thousand island, which is a must for Big Mac in a Bowl!
MyTime50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

I like the WF Sesame Ginger and I like the Asian for stir fry.

Like you I have "dieted" my way to obesity. Losing and then usually gaining back more. The only place besides IP that I have had any success was on low carb...I lost quite a bit and was able to maintain that , but so far IP has been the fast and easy. Hang in there....it gets easier each day.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #9  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Welcome! I like a simple dressing with olive oil and Bragg's organic cider vinegar (not all vinegars are created equal - I learned the hard way). I usually use 1/4 cup each, then add a little splenda and maybe throw in a slice of lemon. Salt, pepper, maybe some garlic, depending on my mood. This will last me the better part of a week.

And I agree with Hgamroth. The WF dressings are worthless, except for the thousand island, which is good only for big mac in a bowl!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 10-08-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Welcome! I like a simple dressing with olive oil and Bragg's organic cider vinegar (not all vinegars are created equal - I learned the hard way). I usually use 1/4 cup each, then add a little splenda and maybe throw in a slice of lemon. Salt, pepper, maybe some garlic, depending on my mood. This will last me the better part of a week.

And I agree with Hgamroth. The WF dressings are worthless, except for the thousand island, which is good only for big mac in a bowl!
Lizzy! You are getting closer and closer to your goal! 14 pounds away!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post

Congrats on your awesome losses....
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote