Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #1  

Default disgusted

I have barely lost anything week 1 and I followed the program EXACTLY! I lost this much when I was off of the program doing my own thing. really? I'm starving and not losing. Really down today
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Wow I am really surprised by this! What did your coach say? Did you have any carb/sugar withdrawal symptoms the first week? What did you eat on a typical day? How much do you want to lose? Is this way of eating much different from your old way of eating?
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #3  

I don't weigh in until Wednesday, 11 days after I started. I'm going by my home scale which is pretty in sync with the one I weigh in on at the nutritionists' office. Yes, I ate carbs when I was trying to do it on my own. I just feel like I wasted all of this $$ to starve for a week. I have a shake in the morning, 6am, which fills me for maybe 10 minutes, I have a shake at 10 because I am lightheaded and I cannot go into my meetings with my stomach growling so loudly. I have soup, with approved veggies and a salad at lunch, usually around 1pm, a bar around 4pm and dinner between 6:30-7 with the massive amt of protein and 2 cups approved veggies and of course the "lovely" salad. Ive taken every single vitamin as well. All of this for 1lb. I could have lost 2 on my own without spending hundreds of $$. pretty down right now. ANy suggestions would be wonderful
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

You can spread out your supper protein. That may make you satisfied earlier. I sometimes will have 2 oz at lunch and 6 at supper. I also had tea occasionally. Warm drinks are supposed to help to feel satisfied. But I was told to drink extra water for coffee and tea, which doesn't count as water intake.

I am hoping and praying that your home scale is out and that Wednesday will be a big surprise for you. Do your clothes feel different?

Be sure to take your book to your coach! It sound like you are doing it right to me. I was only allowed a fourth IP product for one week.

I am sending you good thoughts that this will work out for you!
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Every body is different - I know you may not want to hear it, but there are people here who have seen little loss in the first week, then a big drop the 2nd week. I totally understand the disappointment - but a week is not enough time to get a picture of whether the diet is working for you. A few things to consider:

-Are you drinking enough water? Just making sure that you get a minimum of 64oz per day is sometimes key to making sure your body doesn't hold onto water weight.

-Are you due for your monthly cycle anytime soon? That will often stall weight loss until it passes, then WHOOSH!

-Are you using a lot of "extras" - products that have splenda/sweetener in them? You may have a high sensitivity to them and may need to cut them out if they are causing a stall.

-What time do you usually eat dinner? If you're going from 7pm to 6am with nothing to eat that may be your culprit, and also explain why you are so famished all morning. There might be ways to re-arrange your meals so that you have one of your IP products an hour or two before bed instead of having them all early in the day.

Just a few possible explanations, your coach may have others - don't give up yet!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #6  

Is your lunch a soup packet or just plain soup that you have made?

3 packets each day, one of which is a restricted choice, if you weigh less than 200 pounds. Other than than, it is an additional packet per extra 40 pounds of body weight, for the first few days only.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Try making an eggwhite & veggie omlet for breakfast (2 egg whites). Then wait about an hour to have your shake or restricted. You can also try eating your protein at lunch, then just the salad and veggies for dinner.

Any chance you have been eating a salad dressing or something else with sugar/carbs?
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #8  

Yup, drinking all of my water plus extra. I love water and it really was the only thing I drank before starting the program. No more monthly cycle, had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, and 1 extra, crystal light. Its a long day when you wake up at 5:15am and cannot eat after 8pm. If I eat dinner at 7pm then I'm not hungry at 8 plus I'm out of choices besides lettuce. Used to love salads but now I can barely stomach getting so much lettuce in one day.

Maybe next week will be better. I sure hope so! I'm so tired of being hungry all day long every day. I thought this feeling was supposed to go away after ketosis. Guess not for me. Thanks for the support!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #9  

Do the egg whites count as a protein? My nutritionist says no to the egg white idea. I'm willing to try anything right now. The salad dressing is an IP phase 1 dressing that my nutritionist gave to me and I use about a teaspoon. Ugh I wish my body would cooperate.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Do the egg whites count as a protein? My nutritionist says no to the egg white idea. I'm willing to try anything right now. The salad dressing is an IP phase 1 dressing that my nutritionist gave to me and I use about a teaspoon. Ugh I wish my body would cooperate.
2 egg whites per day are a freebie. They add zero carbs and only 30 calories.

Also, are you getting your 2tsp of EVOO and your salt every day? Some have found that missing those causes stalls too.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
You can have 4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites as a protein (according to latest phase 1 sheet).

You can try splitting that protein up between breakfast and lunch, since that seems like the times you are hungriest. Try 2 whole eggs in a morning omelet and then half a protein portion with lunch. You can save the 2 egg whites to eat as a snack when needed (2 hard boiled eggs minus the yolks).

Also, wait until you start to feel hungry before having your IP packets/bars.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/226/215

Height: 5'11"

Just curious, whats your carb intake? Eggs whites are an excellent source of protein as a meal or a snack.At times I eat 8 egg whites a day. they are zero carb and few calories. Also, boneless, skinless chicken breasts are perfect for meals or snacks. They are very low in fat and carbs. I use olive oil and lemon juice for dressing, no sucralose or sweeteners, I use Biotene mouthwash and dont chew gum (inorder to keep myself in ketosis) My 2 cents!

Last edited by Gordito; 10-08-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #13  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

I'm now in my 3rd week and have been measuring myself every day - first thing in the morning after washroom and before I put anything in my mouth. And I noticed that the weight goes up and down and stalls in curious ways...it seems "unexplained" when all of sudden it drops or - oh no! - all of sudden it climbs up, or totally "randomly" stays at the same digits.... These periods are like 2 or 3 days but I know it feels like ETERNITY when those 2 or 3 days the scale is showing you what you don't want to see. All I can say try not to feel disappointment, reserve your judgment for the next week.

On another note, I can't stand it when nutritionist/coach/whoever does not explain WHY. So if your nutritionist gave you a good reason why no egg whites, then fine. Otherwise you might want to give it a try.

On yet another note, try different foods. For example, I found that I am totally hungry after IP chocolate drink (not pre-mixed one) but very well satiated after an IP omelet. Same with vegetables: for example mushrooms are more filling than celery...etc.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #14  

Omelet for breakfast tomorrow then! Let's see if that will help. Also going to have faith that this will work. I am having hubby hide the scale so I don't look at it and become obsessed with it. My nutritionist says all 8oz at one time. Yes, she says 8oz not 5. I cannot barely stand 8oz of any protein, its just too much. 6 is do able so I will adjust and have 2 at lunch. I bet that will fill me up better. Better adjust my attitude! THX SO MUCH for all of the SUPPORT!!! I was ready to chuck the plan this morning and go eat cereal for breakfast
Old 10-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hey, hang in there! I've seen some people on here who don't lose much in the first two weeks and then have a whoosh. Then I've seen people (like me) who lose most of their first month weight in the first two weeks then almost nothing.

We're all different, but we just have to keep plugging along and have faith that it'll come off eventually!

I agree- HIDE THE SCALE- it drives me crazy too!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote