Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 10/08/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

not sure where rissimo is this morning...hope all is well rissimo!!
thought i'd go ahead and get the thread going!!

hope everyone has a beautiful IP day!!

FEEL THE MISSION!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-08-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

I reached the halfway point this morning!
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning all!

WAY TO GO!!!!! that is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #5  
Feed Your Freedom

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-08-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Good morning all!

Great job!!!

Hoping for a good day today, we are taking the kids to the farm for their harvest fair - it's small so food shouldn't be a big draw (we're packing a picnic lunch) and there will be LOTS for the kids to do

We're still waiting to see what'll be happening with my MIL - she's been getting her labs drawn every day this weekend. Her liver enzymes haven't changed (which is good) BUT her bilirubin is still going up. The doc hasn't told her to come back to the hospital yet so the levels aren't critical - but she has another draw today so we'll see. I have a feeling that instead of scheduling surgery for the middle of the week, they'll have her get admitted tonight and do the surgery/scope first thing tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of this week we can put the whole thing behind us and she'll be on the mend
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Had my third Thanksgiving gathering yesterday(so Friday, Saturday and Sunday)! I have stayed OP the whole way. Nice to weigh at home today and have a loss. It makes it so worth it. I still have more company coming through today.

I told my SIL(who is also on IP but rarely OP) yesterday at her feast that rhubarb is on plan and I stewed some and put in pumpkin pie spice and that it was good (until my husband voted for more spice and then we put in too much spice). Anyway, she got very excited and ran out to check her rhubarb plant to see if it was frozen yet. It wasn't frozen, so we chopped 64 cups of rhubarb last night. She wants to can it today after my company leaves. I came home thinking 'what did I get myself into?'. I am a moderation person. I froze 8 cups of my own and stewed 4 cups (which I thought was plenty) and now I am looking at 64 cups to process today! Oh boy!

Have a great day! and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada!
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #8  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Good morning all!

Awesome!!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Ragdoll74 - Great Job.

Yesterday I took my son to Dairy Queen he had a burger, fries and a blizzard. I had a water then ate my lunch when we got home.

I made the crock pot soup which was very good so I have my lunch for the next two days. Time to clean the frig and eat all those leftovers.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Kim
bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #10  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

A little upset with myself this morning, was rushing to get to work so I had forgotten my IP food. So I stopped at Giant on my way in and got the EAS Carb Control drinks as a substitute. They aren't as good but they will have to do lol
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Great job!!!

Hoping for a good day today, we are taking the kids to the farm for their harvest fair - it's small so food shouldn't be a big draw (we're packing a picnic lunch) and there will be LOTS for the kids to do

We're still waiting to see what'll be happening with my MIL - she's been getting her labs drawn every day this weekend. Her liver enzymes haven't changed (which is good) BUT her bilirubin is still going up. The doc hasn't told her to come back to the hospital yet so the levels aren't critical - but she has another draw today so we'll see. I have a feeling that instead of scheduling surgery for the middle of the week, they'll have her get admitted tonight and do the surgery/scope first thing tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of this week we can put the whole thing behind us and she'll be on the mend
Sounds like a really nice day with the kids.

Hoping everything is ok with your MIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Had my third Thanksgiving gathering yesterday(so Friday, Saturday and Sunday)! I have stayed OP the whole way. Nice to weigh at home today and have a loss. It makes it so worth it. I still have more company coming through today.

I told my SIL(who is also on IP but rarely OP) yesterday at her feast that rhubarb is on plan and I stewed some and put in pumpkin pie spice and that it was good (until my husband voted for more spice and then we put in too much spice). Anyway, she got very excited and ran out to check her rhubarb plant to see if it was frozen yet. It wasn't frozen, so we chopped 64 cups of rhubarb last night. She wants to can it today after my company leaves. I came home thinking 'what did I get myself into?'. I am a moderation person. I froze 8 cups of my own and stewed 4 cups (which I thought was plenty) and now I am looking at 64 cups to process today! Oh boy!

That sounds like a big project! You probably aren't going to want to see another rhubarb again after today.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good morning all!

Congrats! Boo! That's awesome! Just think, as of now, tomorrow and then next day and the day after that, that half point is just a point in the rear view mirror! HIGH FIVE! LOL
mlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

That is a LOT of rhubarb!!! Have fun with that!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Good morning to the best IP support system in all of the land!!!!

Never, ever did I think I'd say these words...I'm one pound from goal. I'm on the 2nd week of phase 2.
I am scared to death.
I've been really comfortable with the structure of IP and now i'm scared to enter that big scary world which is filled with tempting goodies!
I have lived a life filled with carb addiction & closet eating. I've dieted for 35 yrs. (my highest weight was 242 lbs.). I hope I can break the cycle. I keep telling myself that I need to grow up and make responsible choices when it comes to taking care of myself. I am no longer able to get away with behaving like a spoiled child who can eat what ever she pleases.
I need to plan, plan, plan - journal my feelings & come here for support.
You guys are my lifeline, my sanity...you've kept my head up above water more times then you will ever realize. Thanks for all your love, support and inspiration

Happy Monday and Happy Thanksgiving Canada - I AM GRATEFUL!!!!
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #15  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Good morning all!

Congratulations!

Quote:

That is a lot of rhubarb- you probably won't want it again for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Good morning to the best IP support system in all of the land!!!!

Never, ever did I think I'd say these words...I'm one pound from goal. I'm on the 2nd week of phase 2.
I am scared to death.
I've been really comfortable with the structure of IP and now i'm scared to enter that big scary world which is filled with tempting goodies!
I have lived a life filled with carb addiction & closet eating. I've dieted for 35 yrs. (my highest weight was 242 lbs.). I hope I can break the cycle. I keep telling myself that I need to grow up and make responsible choices when it comes to taking care of myself. I am no longer able to get away with behaving like a spoiled child who can eat what ever she pleases.
I need to plan, plan, plan - journal my feelings & come here for support.
You guys are my lifeline, my sanity...you've kept my head up above water more times then you will ever realize. Thanks for all your love, support and inspiration

Happy Monday and Happy Thanksgiving Canada - I AM GRATEFUL!!!!
You have this- You can do it!

Happy Monday all! Kept busy this weekend with the farm and stepped on the scale this morning to see 2.5lbs gone. I told my husband I should take over and do all the chores more often- best part was all he said was well it will get you to your goal weight faster. Love the encouragement- honestly from him this is big. Had a bit of a hard weekend in the food department though. I am due for my TOM and have been hungry constantly, but drinking lots of water and hot tea to help with it.
blessedamberly is offline   Reply With Quote