Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 7 (10/08-10/14)

Hi I'm just posting the new thread and off to bed. I will check in again tomorrow.

Pretty sure I put on another 3 lbs by my turkey supper and some pie. Tomorrow is definitely treadmill and extra water day
Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

I am so frustrated with myself! I am falling into old habits of eating really healthy through the week then ruining it on the weekend. I have a hard time when I am in a group of people and they want to go out to eat. I can usually find something healthy on the menu but I will eat a ton of bread or order dessert. When I am in a group my resistance is down for some reason. I guess I dont want them thinking I am no fun or something... or I just use that as an excuse. Probably the latter. I think we are all really good at justifying things to ourselves!
I guess the only thing to do is shake it off and get over it...and do better next weekend.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #3  

Hi well I went down .4 so that's better than expected

Angie- old habits die hard for sure, I'm here to say some of that will lessen in time. Don't get me wrong you saw how I gained at conference some is water weight for sure and the last day and a half I ate more but the whole time I avoided the desserts.....and the have a big varity laid out at lunch, snacks and dinner. We all used to take 3-4 every meal, 2years ago I took only 1 each time, last year I took at snack time and this year none....long time coming but I did it. When I'm with friends I was like you too but now I get out my app look up the restaurant (before if you can) and make my choice. My friends actually make a little fun but then say how much the like the fact that I can be that dedicated. I also make sure that I have extra calories saved up for going out too....and sometimes I do let go all weekend but it does get a lot easier to say no....I never thought I would ever be able to say that. Not perfect, just better and easier.

I think I'm going to have a lazy day today and unwind from the week. I'll do my workout and then have a marathon TV watching day. I'll get up durning commercials and practice my hula hooping too

Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
Hi well I went down .4 so that's better than expected

Angie- old habits die hard for sure, I'm here to say some of that will lessen in time. ....and sometimes I do let go all weekend but it does get a lot easier to say no....I never thought I would ever be able to say that. Not perfect, just better and easier.
I couldn't agree more. The more you practice the easier it becomes and one day you realize that you've changed and making wiser decisions when out with your friends is your “new normal” and it is such a liberating feeling.

I use to be 100% M-F and Sat & Sun would undue everything I accomplished M-F. I couldn't stick to a challenge to save my soul. Now, Sat & Sun are actually my better days. I don't hardly even have to try, weighing and measure are second nature to me and just the way I role. My scale is on my counter 100% of the time, along with my coffee pot and I am uncomfortable if I don’t have a chance to journal my food. Thank goodness for myfitnesspal app.

I’ve become a picky eater and I have lots of friends that are picky eaters so I’m just fitting in with the crowd.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue Team Total Lost: 1.6 lbs. as a team or 0.07%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: LeslieB (-2 lbs., -0.79%)

Honorable Mentions:

EofAZ (-1.6 lbs., -0.70%)
amany (-1.5 lbs., -0.67%)
maryshady (-1.0 lbs., -0.61%)

Congratulations to all the weekk 6 losers !! We're pretty much halfway there team !

Hope all the Canadians had a great Thanksgiving.

Here's to an awesome week 7 !
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #6  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Congrats to all our Losers!....BUT come on guys! Let's win a week! LOL!! Red is beating us every week! Can we start some kind of inner-team challenge to help? Whether it be nutrition or exercise or both! I am starting to get rid of my extra stress (dropped a hard unnecessary class and guaranteed my dec 14th graduation) plus I finished the LSAT saturday! So now other than getting into a law school, my stress is going down. Plus now that I am treating my PCOS things should get better.

Congrats LeslieB on another great week! Congrats on BigMid on your loss and resisting desserts (something that is hard for me lol).
Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #7  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

congrats leslie and all other losers

pagelynn im in!

Have a migraine, personals some other time
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #8  

PageLynn, what do you have in mind, I would kind of like to see us win one for a change too.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #9  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

I do not really have any ideas but yes winning a week would be nice lol. I know it's most important to be healthy, but I want to win too haha!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #10  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Ive been checking calorie calculators for weight loss, man they vary ALOT. the results vary from 1000 to 2400 for my age, height and weight. I think ive decided on 1600 but could really do with some advice please
Old 10-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #11  

Hey ladies, been a quiet week for me, sorry about that! I agree, it'd definitely be nice to win one of these weeks just because haha.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #12  

Tkkoz- You could start with 1600 and see how it goes. I really had to play with my calorie number to get to the right amount for weightloss. My calorie count is set up where I rotate between high and low days. Most days I am around 1200-1300 then I have 1-2 higher days at 1600-1700. Also, if it is a hard gym day I will eat an extra 100 calorie snack. I like having the higher calorie days mixed in so I dont feel deprived
Old 10-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #13  

I'm 5'7" and target around 1600 calories or below most of the time. I really don't focus on the calories so much as I do my carbs and just the discipline of tracking. If I need to eat an extra couple of hundred calories, than I do and just log it. Eating refined carbs will trigger my cravings so I am pretty careful about how many I allow myself and the quality of the carbs I eat. Typically not more than 2-3 per meal and 1-2 per snack. If I am really hungry and want more to eat I allow myself to eat, just not anything with a carb. If I really don’t want another piece of chicken but what I want is another roll, well I know I’m not really hungry. If the chicken is grilled and I want seconds, well then enjoy. Once I started counting my carbs the weight started dropping and I wasn’t really even trying that hard but since I log to track my carbs the calories just fall in there too. Most of the time I come in 1200-1600 calories and I lose around a pound a week, give or take. Since some time in February (I didn’t do this as a formal diet, I was diagnosed diabetic and had to start watching my carbs) I almost always loose a little, maybe only ˝ pound but it always is going down and I never have crazy big jumps back up.

This is why I love this challenge. I lose so slowly that I don’t really feel like I’m losing anything. Then when I get to the end of the challenge I look back to what I was when I started it and realize that I’ve actually lost 10-15 pounds, just a few ounces at a time. I think this is what people call “a life style change”. Wow, I didn’t know I had it in me.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #14  

EofAZ- That is great advice about rolls at dinner! I am definetly going to use that reasoning the next time I am staring down the bread basket
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #15  

Hi everyone sorry I've been MIA

CONGRATULATIONS to Leslie, EofAZ, amany, maryshady for being our biggest losers!!!

Some great calorie advice going on too, I'm doing WW on my own but with the app I have on the phone I'm also learning more about the calories and on the last three-four months I'm paying more attention to that. I eat around 1400-1600 on average and try to burn off 500 with exercise. Somedays I'm higher with eating and some lower. I try not to go lower than 1200 or I'll be screwed to keep that up for life.

I'm down 2lbs from the week end but it's my Birthday today and still have no ideas for what I'm going to do today so that number may not stay. I'll try to be good but I'm having Cheetos today as I've wanted them for a very long time. Today is the day.....I'll do a good treadmill workout tomorrow

Well have a great day everyone, I'm off to finish getting ready for work.