Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Cannot stop eating.

I notice this more on the weekends... but I literally do not stop eating all day. Most of the time its mindless eating. I just go to the kitchen and look for anything that looks appealing and eat it.. then hours later I'm back doing the same thing and this happens all day long. And then right after I'm done eating I want to eat again.. and I can't be hungry... I don't know why I'm doing it. I honestly don't know if I know what being hungry feels like, because now that I'm thinking about it I never let myself get to that point because I'm constantly eating. I feel so gross. I don't know how to stop.
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Are you bored?? Most people are busy during the week and preoccupied but when the weekend comes it is all thrown out the window Are there activites you can do on the weekends? Go to the library, take a walk, socialize with some friends. You need to come up with a weekend schedule just like you have a weekday schedule. Is there something you always wanted to learn to do?

Last weekend I was thinking of food but then I did my hair: hot oil treatment, wash, deep condition, blow dry, flat iron and curled. When I was finished food was far from my mind. I hadn't done that in a long time and it felt nice to be super girly. Find something nice to do for yourself. Give yourself a spa treatment instead of going to the fridge Best of luck!

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 10-07-2012 at 03:08 AM.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAthena View Post
Are you bored?? Most people are busy during the week and preoccupied but when the weekend comes it is all thrown out the window Are there activites you can do on the weekends? Go to the library, take a walk, socialize with some friends. You need to come up with a weekend schedule just like you have a weekday schedule. Is there something you always wanted to learn to do?

Last weekend I was thinking of food but then I did my hair: hot oil treatment, wash, deep condition, blow dry, flat iron and curled. When I was finished food was far from my mind. I hadn't done that in a long time and it felt nice to be super girly. Find something nice to do for yourself. Give yourself a spa treatment instead of going to the fridge Best of luck!
You make a great point! Boredom could be the problem, you have nothing to keep your mind off food! Whenever I am up late an I want to snack on something I have a BIG SALAD BOWL and I use a child's fork to eat with! On others days when I am bored and I feel like I want to eat; I jump in the car and head to the gym!

You must find something to do with your time. However, gum always work also. You will trick the brain into thinking you are eating! I eat gun whenever I'm out so I will not eat any fast food!

Last edited by Fatness; 10-08-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Gum not gun..lol. Sorry
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #4  

I second the gym, or any other hobby/activity that you would like to do to get out of the kitchen. Also, gum and munching on veggies like carrot sticks, cukes, etc. if you have to munch.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #5  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Whenever that has happened to me in the past it was ALWAYS due to boredom. Now I get up and workout, do some laundry, clean, read a book or magazine, hop onto the forums, do my nails, go for a walk, basically anything to keep me from eating from boredom. That has helped me so far so I would give it a shot yourself. Also stay stocked up on healthy snacks like grapes, carrots, bananas, anything healthy that you like!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/205/145

Height: 5'3"

I agree with everyone here, boredom!

I used to spend all day eating, and then spend even more time online sitting on my butt looking for "low cal" recipes, hahaha, did me no good. I even over ate healthy foods.

I found out that if I am busy doing anything my brain forgets to "graze the fridge". My battle with overeating seems to be gone, now I need to battle the feeling tired mid-day monster.

Just keep busy. Keep your hands and feet moving, try to go for a walk. That always helps because you can't very well graze the fridge if you aren't in your house.
dawnrnay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #7  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I agree with the advice and suggestions, I would also add, maybe you could start some kind of craft that would keep your hands busy, like crocheting a scarf for the colder weather coming, or counted cross stitch (pretty easy, just follow the pattern) something like that, or painting (a friend of mine worked through a nasty divorce decorative painting second hand wooden furniture).

I think anything that would occupy your mind, that you wouldn't want food around, like paint, glue, pretty yarn or fabric that you wouldn't want to stain would help.

also, I'm all for getting outside whenever you can.

best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #8  
new fat girl in town lol

S/C/G: 331/331/185

Height: 5'6

I AM the same way i need help
Misserica2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #9  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I second the previous posters. It looks a lot like boredom eating to me. What would surely helpwould be to find something that keeps both your hands and your mind busy. (Busy hands can't hold food, and a busy mind won't be thinking about food.)

Also, note that 'boredom' doesn't necessarily mean 'not doing anything'. For instance, in my case, watching TV is a 'boredom' activity, because my hands aren't busy at all, and it's too passive to fully keep my mind busy either... so I feel like eating. :|
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote