100 lb. Club - Part 5: Getting out of the 220s and 230s.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Meka150
10-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Well I thought someone should start a new thread before we get kicked out because we are well pass the 500 post mark.

Keep up the good work ladies. I'm still inching along.

kmstacy
10-05-2012, 10:08 PM
thanks for starting new thread :)

Elladorine
10-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Hope everyone is having a good week! :wave:

I was in shock on Wednesday; I've been averaging a one pound loss per week but I somehow lost 3.75! I wasn't even expecting anything since I'd lost 2.75 the previous week. I'm hoping I can catch up to My Mid-Year to New Year's Challenge (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/260921-mid-year-new-years-challenge.html#post4387085)! I'd lost a little progress when we moved and my pace has been slow. Anyway, it's been nice to see a little extra payoff for all the hard work I've been doing lately. :)

I'm currently down to 232.75; I've spent most of my life at 250 or above so it's pretty surreal. :dizzy: I simply can't wait to get down to the 220's, and I'm so freakin' close now. :D I'm working extra hard this week in hopes that I'll get there soon. :carrot:

Good luck to everyone, we'll get past this. :hug:

Garnet2727
10-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi all. I'm new to this thread. I've been yo-yoing around 235 to 237 for a while now. I've a relatively new job and I travel to another state about twice a month. I'm finding that staying OP when traveling is a lot harder than I anticipated.

Enygirl
10-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Meka - thanks for starting the new one!

Ella - That's AWESOME!!! I'm trying to catch back up to my goals too, but I haven't yet. keep moving forward!

Garnet - :welcome: We love new faces! Also, congratulations on your success so far! :)

As for me, I'm having a relaxing day. I took a break day form 30 day shred, but will be back at it tomorrow. Was a little off plan food wise, but only 41 calories. Wouldn't have been as bad, but that chai latte was SCREAMING my name. :)

Alright girls, I have some crocheting to do.. these orders aren't going to complete themselves!

Lishar
10-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I have had a lazy day and I don't feel guilty. Well maybe a little. :0 I finally broke my plateau and have been loosing steady. Now 232.8 I took an progress picture today and was shocked at how much difference there is in my face with 32lbs gone. I am glad I took a before even though I look horrible.

I may still walk my stairs for 30 min to burn some calories since all I did today was sit on my butt and watch videos. My guilty pleasure is the Xfactor UK. I love those british shows.

Lishar
10-07-2012, 10:59 AM
OK I need to share. I just took a new progress picture. The difference is very noticeable. I am not sharing with my family/friends that I am loosing weight. So I can't post on facebook :o. My parents know because they have noticed a difference and commented. No one else except my husband has said they see a difference yet. I do and I guess that who counts right?:)

So here they are.
First one I was 265lbs. I am really embarrassed by this but its good to see how big I was. Second is 232lbs what I look like well yesterday.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/lishaR/265.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/lishaR/232.jpg

LaurieDawn
10-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Wow, Lisha! That's a HUGE change. Plus - you're gorgeous in both pics anyway. =) Congrats on some great progress, and on breaking through a frustrating plateau.

welcome, Garnet!

Congrats, Ella, on picking up some steam! Those little surprises are so nice.

Thanks, Meka, for keeping us compliant with 3FC rules.

I am down a little. Not as much as I had hoped. But I also bought a size 14 blazer yesterday that I LOVE. I was going to buy it as a goal jacket, but it almost fits already. It's a little tight in the bust and upper arms, but it should fit nicely very soon. (I got somewell-defined upper arm muscles, but there's LOTS of fat there that I expect to go away soon. =))

Meka150
10-07-2012, 11:58 AM
OK I need to share. I just took a new progress picture. The difference is very noticeable. I am not sharing with my family/friends that I am loosing weight. So I can't post on facebook :o. My parents know because they have noticed a difference and commented. No one else except my husband has said they see a difference yet. I do and I guess that who counts right?:)

If no one noticed they aren't paying attention. You look amazing!

sluggerbean
10-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Morning everyone!!

Lishar WOW!! You look marvelous!!

I am down to 220.4 this morning...so close to the next level I can smell it! We'll see if it holds until my official weigh in on Thursday.

Have a super week everyone!!!

Laters!! :wave:

Pink Hurricane
10-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Thank you for making another thread for us!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Lishar, you look amazing!

I've been staying OP over the weekend and I'm about to make some dinner for hubby and I, grilled chicken alfredo. I'm debating whether or not to add some carrots into it as well. I love carrots lol. I walked yesterday even though it was supposed to be a rest day and I went for a run this morning. My weigh in is tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good loss. Can't wait to be out of the 220s for good though!

Enygirl
10-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Lishar - you do look great! It's awesome to see such progress already! :D

Slugger - you're SO close! I'm :crossed: for your Thursday weigh in.

I'm Hoping for a loss tomorrow... of course TOM decided to show up today, day before weigh in, after being over a week late! :( Oh well - going to keep moving forward. I'm really starting to like my morning workouts... which is VERY odd for me since I've ALWAYS hated mornings!

Meka150
10-08-2012, 06:10 AM
The last couple of weeks have been not been very eventful then all of a sudden I'm down 3.4lbs which brings my total to 70.4lbs. OMG!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Pink Hurricane
10-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Meka that is fantastic!!! :woohoo: :congrat:

I can't wait to say the same! Keep up the awesome work!

Enygirl
10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
#227.2 this morning... Stupid TOM. :(

LaurieDawn
10-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Lisha - Just saw that you had asked me a question on the last thread. I don't use a spotter. My schedule just won't allow that kind of coordination. I just don't do lifts where dropping the weight would cause injury. That means I don't bench. I have used the Smith machine, but that was before I started NROLFW, and before I read how bad it was for me. And I get how uncomfortable it is to be the fat girl lifting with the buff guys. But once you have learned some lifts and become familiar with the equipment, you will fit in. And occasionally, I can lift more than them, and it feels awesome, even if I suspect they think I am so big because of the lifting. Won't they be surprised at my super-sexy curves in six more months or so?

I also got my whoosh/sodium flush finally - a day after weigh in. Down to 223.2 (from 226.4 yesterday!) . Perhaps I will defeat these 220s after all!

Garnet2727
10-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Woot Meka!

As for me, I'm having a little difficulty right now. When I was 7 years old, my right foot was crushed by a falling garbage dumpster. It's been painful and problematic since then. This week, it's swollen, angry and painful which has caused me to limp more than I normally do which has caused my arthritic right knee to flare up. Last night, I finally broke down and took Vicodin for the pain. I slept great! But now I have a wee bit of a Vic hangover. My foot feels better, though.

Matilda08
10-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Hello all and congrats on all who is making some great progress! Im still pushing Im working to hit the 2teens this week. Ill be doing a strict detox this week eating mainly fruits and veggis. Much water and Ill be taking the workouts up a notch. We can do this!!!!

kmstacy
10-08-2012, 11:34 AM
The last couple of weeks have been not been very eventful then all of a sudden I'm down 3.4lbs which brings my total to 70.4lbs. OMG!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: Congrats that is awesome!

So here they are.
First one I was 265lbs. I am really embarrassed by this but its good to see how big I was. Second is 232lbs what I look like well yesterday.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/lishaR/265.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/lishaR/232.jpg

WOW I can see a big difference!

2times2much
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Awesome difference Lishar! Thanks for posting pictures! That made me go back to a few pictures from last years vacation to see myself. Glad I did! I can see the difference. I can feel the difference too, but on a daily basis I guess I tend to beat myself up a little. My last goal took longer than I had expected, which put me further behind for this month. Up and down...this last 2 weeks. (my weight and my MOOD!)

Lishar
10-08-2012, 05:54 PM
2times2much Thank you. I know it really hit home seeing that before picture. I am making a difference in how I look. I have relaxed on my goals for weight loss. I did not make 10lbs lost last month which was what I wanted. It will come off as long as I stay on plan.

kmstacy Thank you.

Matilda08 Good luck with your detox.

LaurieDawn Congrats on your woosh. Hopefully I will gain the confidence to ask for help when I get up to the heavier weights. It is getting easier to go into the weight room to do my leg press and calf raise.

Enygirl Thank you. Sorry about TOM. Its visiting me too along with darn allergies.

Meka150 Thank you. Congrats on your loss.

Pink Hurricane Thank you. That dinner sounded yummy.

sluggerbean Thank you. YOu are soo close. I hope to follow you by next month. :)

No change the last few days. I wonder if I need to be eating more. I will try and at least eat my BMR today. I have not been as good the last few days. Eating 1800-2000 calories is what broke my plateau.

Fatness
10-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Hello supports! smile [big smile]

Today I did my weigh-in and I was going for 222 by Oct 8th and I am now 221.08oz:carrot:

My 220s are almost gone and it feel so good! I was really thinking the Shrimp fried rice and chicken tonight; however i will eat one cup of it!

My next weigh-in is Oct 15 and I hope I can be at least 215 but if not I will be happy I just lost! I luv you ladies! Best support I could ever ask for!:hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar07/slide-bike/lb/278/130/221.08oz/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

MizMelis
10-09-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm getting really close to getting out of the 220's too ! I've been kind of stuck at 225 for the last few days, granted yesterday was thanksgiving. I'm hoping to be at, or as close to 220 by saturday, and into the 2teens by next week :)

Pink Hurricane
10-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Grrrr I feel like I will never get back under 225!!!! I know that's not the truth, but I'm just kind of stuck between 226-225.6, my intake is fine, I am drinking plenty of water, so my only other option is to up the intensity of my workouts and to change them up. I know it's just natural fluctuations but I am hoping to at least get to 223 or 224 before I leave town for the weekend. We shall see!

I grilled up some squash to go with my sandwich for lunch, it was super yummy and I am very full. I might not need that afternoon snack today!

Fatness
10-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm getting really close to getting out of the 220's too ! I've been kind of stuck at 225 for the last few days, granted yesterday was thanksgiving. I'm hoping to be at, or as close to 220 by saturday, and into the 2teens by next week :)

You can do it and you will do it!

Pink Hurricane ; Don't worry this week is your week and that 225 will be gone by Friday!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slide-bike/lb/278/130/221/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

LaurieDawn
10-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Pink Hurricane - I so understand your frustration. I fluctuated between 226 and 229 for three weeks. Weighed in on Sunday at 226. This morning, I am at 221. Plus - I am wearing size 18 (not 18W) pants today with a size 12 shirt and a size 16 slightly oversize jacket. It seems to be happening so suddenly, and I have admittedly been tighter on my food and have started using a Fitbit, which is helping me be more mindful of adding extra steps to my day, but I think mostly, it's just sticking it out through my natural hormonal fluctuations. Hope you start whooshing soon!

Enygirl
10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Pink, I'm with you. I've been hovering at #227 for WEEKS! It's frustrating, and aggravating! The only thing keeping me going right now is this site, and the fact that my clothes, some that I couldn't put on even a month ago, are starting to fit. I still, even this morning was at #227.4, but I'm not giving up this time. I'm going to keep working.

I've been on plan 8/10 days this month so far. I woke up today completely unmotivated to turn Jillian on, but after being on here, and reading a few posts, I can and WILL do it.

I told my sister yesterday that if I get down to a size 8 and am still #227, so be it. ;) That's what my thinking is now. It's not about the number on the scale (although that still matters to me), it's more about how I feel about me!

Meka150
10-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the encouragement!

I had a great workout yesterday and this morning I'm up 1.4lbs. I was on plan had more than enough water so I know it will come off.

Matilda08
10-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Hello all I am also making some progress today I wi at 222-221 something like that which is great Im getting out of the 220s wishing you guys all the luck in the world I am really trying to push this week and next week I want to hit the 210 mark for my birthday or as close to it as possible.

Pink Hurricane
10-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Fatness- Thank you for the encouragment! :)

Laurie- Thank you for that! I'm glad to see you made it through that little bump too. It's so frustrating sometimes but I know I just have to roll with the punches and keep pushing on. I'm going to definitely try upping the intensity of my workouts and make sure I am tracking every single bite.

Enygirl- Exactly! This forum and all of y'all are a saving grace for me and I don't feel so alone trying to do this for myself. It's so good to know there are people who have dealt and are dealing with the same struggles. Good for you for being on plan 8 out of 10 days for the month, definitely keep it up! And I agree with you about the weight!

Matilda- That is great that you are so close to being out of the 220s!!! :carrot:

Feeling a little down but I know this will pass. I did 40 minutes of exercise today, mainly strength and I did the Ab Ripper. I noticed while doing the Ab Ripper my core is slowly but surely getting stronger. If I keep at my regular routine I know I should start seeing results soon! Just trying to keep my head up and not let this get to me today.

Fatness
10-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Anytime Pink!

Today is a good day; besides having a 3 examines this week! :(

Besides that Today I hit 219.03oz; however, I will still count it as my 220 until I drop to at least 218! I am hopping I do not go up because those movie popcorn's and hot dog was soooo .....good!

How are all you ladies? How is your week going ladies?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar07/slide-bike/lb/278/130/219/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Garnet2727
10-11-2012, 10:43 AM
I gained two pounds last week while traveling for business. As of yesterday, I'd dropped those two pounds. Whew! I'm thinking now that most of it was water weight due to high sodium foods plus hours in airplanes.

ChickieBoom
10-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Someone at work was acting like they didn't recognize me yesterday which I thought was a little ridiculous. My face is the one place I believed my weight gain wasn't that noticeable. I was wrong. I weighed in at 225 on Saturday. This is the lowest I've been in 4 or 5 years.

Elladorine
10-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Er, so much for my little woosh last week, I gained back 2.75 this week. :dunno: Did everything right as far as I can tell! The only thing I did differently is that I started climbing stairs daily, which I'm going to continue with. :tantrum:

Oh well. Carry on! :D

Fatness
10-11-2012, 03:58 PM
I gained two pounds last week while traveling for business. As of yesterday, I'd dropped those two pounds. Whew! I'm thinking now that most of it was water weight due to high sodium foods plus hours in airplanes.

You gained and then lost! That's great! I am trying to stay away from high sodium food myself; but i notice that the food that is consider healthy has a lot of sodium. Which I don't understand!

Fatness
10-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Someone at work was acting like they didn't recognize me yesterday which I thought was a little ridiculous. My face is the one place I believed my weight gain wasn't that noticeable. I was wrong. I weighed in at 225 on Saturday. This is the lowest I've been in 4 or 5 years.

That's great! You are heading to your goal! I know you are feeling very good right now to be 225. I use to be 278 and when I hit 225 It felt so good! While I never gained weight in my face; my face has slim down and now I have a sharp face. lol....

Fatness
10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Er, so much for my little woosh last week, I gained back 2.75 this week. :dunno: Did everything right as far as I can tell! The only thing I did differently is that I started climbing stairs daily, which I'm going to continue with. :tantrum:

Oh well. Carry on! :D

You might have gained 2 pounds; but you have already set out your plan to lose. I need to try stair climbing; sounds like a good thigh and leg workout!

Today for me; I just been home playing wife. Cooking lunch and dinner, making lime juice, cleaning, wash and cut my husband hair and then study. Going to GNC today and get some Safslim. It's for belly fat and I heard that it works. So i'm going to buy some and hope it can remove some of this belly fat. I also heard body wraps are good also!

Have any of you ladies tired Body Wraps and If so; how did it work?

2times2much
10-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Yesterday I bought the next size pants down from "comfortable". 18. Haven't seen that for 20 years! It made me feel really good when I tried them on--THEY ZIPPED!!! My DD came to visit--that is her size, although she weighs less, I've always looked at her as "normal" not "fat". What a morale boost!

I took ALL of my too big pants to Goodwill! No going back! :D

Matilda08
10-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone! I wi today at 220-221 whooo hoooo Cant wait to see the two teens again getting sooo close. I need this::) I went for a jog last night and I worked out yesterday morning so I worked out twice yesterday. Congrats to all that are making progress and those who are having hard times KEEP PUSHING!!

Matilda08
10-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Congrats Fatness!!

Chickieboom- you have made some great progress! hard work pays off enjoy all the compliments you deserve them

Elladorine- that could be it because you are building muscle keep up the good work I know how hard it can be to ignore the scales!

kmstacy
10-12-2012, 10:07 AM
good morning all..weighed in at 229 yesterday :) What are everyones plans for the weekend?

Elladorine
10-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys. I'm feeling much better now than I did Wednesday night. On top of the weight gain, it was just a negative evening overall. One of the ladies at the meeting was very disrespectful, and instead of exploding on her like I wanted, I'm trying to consider the best approach. Plus I usually eat out with them and they chose to go to Long John Silver's, apparently forgetting about my seafood allergy (I can't even eat the chicken there because of cross-contamination). Not that it would have been the healthiest choice anyway. :lol:

Regardless, I'm not letting my disappointments derail me. I'm mostly annoyed because I'm hoping to get under 220 by the end of the year, and every gain feels like a huge setback when it could have been a loss. I can't really complain though, it's only the 6th gain I've had all year. :)

Lishar
10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Elladorin- that sucks that you had such a bad day. I hope your weekend is amazing.

kmstacy You are halfway to the next thread. I have a feeling I will be here for a bit. We are taking our girls to a rock show on Saturday. I work Sun/Mon and have a class Tuesday. Boring.

Matilda08 You are so close. Congrats.

2times2much Congrats on your new pants. I hope to do that soon. I don't have many size 20 pants and I really want to get out of them.

Fatness I think the wraps are just temporary. You dehydrate your tissues but the water comes back. There is no easy fix. I have started to walk my stairs when I cant make it to the gym. I have 12 steps and walk them for 30min or so. I can get 50-60 done and a good burn. Its my fall back cardio.

I was down to 230 and gained back 2lbs the next day. I am not sure why. I am staying on plan and hope it will go down soon. I just keep swimming swimming swimming. It will come off but somedays I get so impatient. I feel like my 5 year old who we call Veruka Salt. I WANT IT NOW!!!!!! :lol:

kmstacy
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Lishar- Have fun at the rock show! I am not sure what this weekend will bring..last weekend we took the kids to an Autumn festival..we had family in from TN this week and they left today so I am thinking maybe a quiet weekend at home with some pumpkin carving for the kids

ChickieBoom
10-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks Matilda! It's so nice sharing this journey with so many people!

On a completely unrelated note...I really need to stop getting on the scale every day. The little fluctuations are driving me bonkers.

Fatness
10-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Elladorin- that sucks that you had such a bad day. I hope your weekend is amazing.

kmstacy You are halfway to the next thread. I have a feeling I will be here for a bit. We are taking our girls to a rock show on Saturday. I work Sun/Mon and have a class Tuesday. Boring.

Matilda08 You are so close. Congrats.

2times2much Congrats on your new pants. I hope to do that soon. I don't have many size 20 pants and I really want to get out of them.

Fatness I think the wraps are just temporary. You dehydrate your tissues but the water comes back. There is no easy fix. I have started to walk my stairs when I cant make it to the gym. I have 12 steps and walk them for 30min or so. I can get 50-60 done and a good burn. Its my fall back cardio.

I was down to 230 and gained back 2lbs the next day. I am not sure why. I am staying on plan and hope it will go down soon. I just keep swimming swimming swimming. It will come off but somedays I get so impatient. I feel like my 5 year old who we call Veruka Salt. I WANT IT NOW!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks for the insight on the body wraps! I will also have to try the stair climbing myself!

sluggerbean
10-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I had my official weigh-in yesterday and...I will be here another week. 220.8!! Considering that I went over on calories two days this week, I am happy for the loss I had.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Laters! :wave:

Enygirl
10-12-2012, 10:46 PM
TOM has been killer this week... over calories 4 days this week! Not NEARLY my daily water. UGH! Need to get back at it. I'm still doing Jillian. Honestly, my daughter (ho's 10) is helping with that. I told her after I finish 30 day shred, we'd do Jillian's kickboxing. So everyday she asks me, "Mom did you work out? How many more days?" As of today, I'm OVER the halfway mark. I did day 16 this morning. 14 more and my girl and box it out with me.

2times2much
10-12-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm quite impressed with the amount of fitness/exercise that you gals do! I'm finally feeling that I can stand for more than 10 minutes. It seems crazy to be able to jog, or do "shreds"! My one attempt at Zumba didn't go well. No doubt it would be easier to lose if I would MOVE!

It really kind of hit home as there is an opening for a job with the sheriff dept. I would qualify...IF I could get through the agility test. It's not likely...I can't do 1 push up let alone 20. And run a mile! There better be something dang scary chasing me or a big reward at the finish line! (Maybe both!)

Guess that will be my next challenge! I still see the fat me, that wasn't ABLE to exercise, and could find a number of excuses (as many as needed) to avoid it at all cost!

I felt icky after eating too much Gyro for supper tonight!

Fatness
10-13-2012, 12:37 AM
I had my official weigh-in yesterday and...I will be here another week. 220.8!! Considering that I went over on calories two days this week, I am happy for the loss I had.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Laters! :wave:

This is great and congrats! you have a nice weekend also:carrot:

Fatness
10-13-2012, 12:40 AM
TOM has been killer this week... over calories 4 days this week! Not NEARLY my daily water. UGH! Need to get back at it. I'm still doing Jillian. Honestly, my daughter (ho's 10) is helping with that. I told her after I finish 30 day shred, we'd do Jillian's kickboxing. So everyday she asks me, "Mom did you work out? How many more days?" As of today, I'm OVER the halfway mark. I did day 16 this morning. 14 more and my girl and box it out with me.

This sounds like a great workout plan! I must look into it! keep up the good work!

Fatness
10-13-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm quite impressed with the amount of fitness/exercise that you gals do! I'm finally feeling that I can stand for more than 10 minutes. It seems crazy to be able to jog, or do "shreds"! My one attempt at Zumba didn't go well. No doubt it would be easier to lose if I would MOVE!

It really kind of hit home as there is an opening for a job with the sheriff dept. I would qualify...IF I could get through the agility test. It's not likely...I can't do 1 push up let alone 20. And run a mile! There better be something dang scary chasing me or a big reward at the finish line! (Maybe both!)

Guess that will be my next challenge! I still see the fat me, that wasn't ABLE to exercise, and could find a number of excuses (as many as needed) to avoid it at all cost!

I felt icky after eating too much Gyro for supper tonight!

I use to be the same way! 2 years ago when I tired working out I did not lose anything. So, i would make up every excuse not to workout again! Now that I see I can lose weight from working out and eating right; I can honestly say I love it.

Best of luck to you!

Garnet2727
10-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Working out is my biggest challenge. I have severe arthritis in my right knee (I'm going to need a knee replacement in a few years). My feet and ankles are in bad shape. I shan't go into a whole lot of detail with that; I'll simply say that they hurt a LOT. They sometimes feel like they're full of broken glass. I also have problems with my right shoulder due to old injuries.

When I started my weight loss effort, I could barely walk down to the end of my driveway. Now, despite my pain issues, my weight loss has enabled me to be more active. I walk a mile on most days when I'm not traveling for work. I swim once or twice a week. I also have a recumbent exercise bike that I get on when the weather is too bad for me to walk.

In comparison to some other folks, my physical activity is really light but it is working for me. My doctor has advised me to be careful and go slowly. She really doesn't want me hurting myself. She is happy with my progress and so am I. When I think about how much I hurt back in January and how little I could do as compared to now, well, wow. One of the best things out of all of this is my increased mobility and decreased pain.

LaurieDawn
10-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Peggy! Glad to keep you for any while, but was so hoping you would make it over the 100-pound lost hurdle. Hope you are planning a HUGE celebration for it!

sluggerbean
10-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Peggy! Glad to keep you for any while, but was so hoping you would make it over the 100-pound lost hurdle. Hope you are planning a HUGE celebration for it!

Thanks LaurieDawn!! My celebration plan is to donate 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love. I am losing weight for myself so I thought that giving to others would be a great way to celebrate.

Fatness
10-14-2012, 02:40 AM
Working out is my biggest challenge. I have severe arthritis in my right knee (I'm going to need a knee replacement in a few years). My feet and ankles are in bad shape. I shan't go into a whole lot of detail with that; I'll simply say that they hurt a LOT. They sometimes feel like they're full of broken glass. I also have problems with my right shoulder due to old injuries.

When I started my weight loss effort, I could barely walk down to the end of my driveway. Now, despite my pain issues, my weight loss has enabled me to be more active. I walk a mile on most days when I'm not traveling for work. I swim once or twice a week. I also have a recumbent exercise bike that I get on when the weather is too bad for me to walk.

In comparison to some other folks, my physical activity is really light but it is working for me. My doctor has advised me to be careful and go slowly. She really doesn't want me hurting myself. She is happy with my progress and so am I. When I think about how much I hurt back in January and how little I could do as compared to now, well, wow. One of the best things out of all of this is my increased mobility and decreased pain.

So sorry to hear about arthritis in your knee! My friend also deals with this problem also; but its poor pain in the the winner! I know this might slow you down a little with the goals and everyday things you want to do. I have arthritis; but it only act up when I am braiding hair for a long periods of time. I hope you get better and the pain stops!
Also, keep up the good work! Progress is always a Plus!:hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar07/slide-bike/lb/278/130/217.08/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Fatness
10-14-2012, 02:45 AM
Thanks LaurieDawn!! My celebration plan is to donate 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love. I am losing weight for myself so I thought that giving to others would be a great way to celebrate.

This sounds great! I did not ever know they had organizations like that! I will have to look into it! You are very kind! Keep up the good work and doing your part in the world! Stay blessed:hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar07/slide-bike/lb/278/130/217.08/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Garnet2727
10-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Thank you, Fatness. *huggles*

Enygirl
10-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Having a hard time with calories this week. This is weird for me; normally I have a hard time with working out! I'm seeing a change in my body, but not on the scale. I'm actually pretty upset with myself that I've lacked control so much this week. It's been 300-500 cals over 4 days. :( I know it won't kill me, it's still a deficit, etc., but I've been stuck for a while. I really want to see the low #220s like NOW, and it's not going to happen any time soon this way! UGH!

LaurieDawn
10-14-2012, 10:17 AM
221.2 official weigh-in. I know it's greedy, but I had wanted to drop some between Monday and today. But I am really happy about my Sunday to Monday drop, and I am consoling myself by believing i am banking my work for a future whoosh!

Peggy - that's an amazing reward. I can't wait to hear how you have crossed that amazing milestone.

Fatness - you are such a supportive presence. So good to have you here.

Enygirl - I think we all go through those bewildering times when things aren't working, and we're not sure why. You seem to be doing the right thing by sticking with it and working what's is working. I know you will find your way to where you want to be soon. In the meantime, Yay for calorie deficits and good exercise!

Very much hoping this is my last week here, but regardless of whether it's one more week or ten (but PLEASE don't let it be 10), I am privileged to associate with our little community here.

Garnet2727
10-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I lost three pounds this week! I had gained 2 pounds the week before while on a business trip. So it's really a net loss of 1 pound. I'll take it!

Enygirl
10-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Laurie - You're awesome - don't want you here for another 10 weeks. ;) We'll meet up with you in the 200-2teen board. :)

I also like the community here. I need the encouragement and people that are going through similar stuff with me. Just finished my work out, have water in hand, hitting the shower, then church, then some family time. Eating good today, I have to! I want a "woosh" between today and tomorrow's official weekly weigh in.

LaurieDawn
10-15-2012, 08:36 AM
The frustrations of daily weighing have returned! I really wanted to see 220.something on the scale this morning. Sunday is a cardio day, and I tend to drop after those. I did running /walking intervals for 3 miles in the morning, but for insurance, I also walked 2 bonus miles in the evening. But I woke up sore this morning - probably from Saturday evening's lifting, and the scale held at 221.2. ##sigh## Guess I will try another on-plan day and see what that brings. :-)

Thanks, Enygirl! Can't wait for ALL of us to invade the next thread!

Enygirl
10-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Well I'm a teeny bit closer. After such a crazy bad week, I'll take the #.8 loss! Really want to see the lower #220s like now, but today's official is #226.4.
But like I said, with TOM 1/2 the week, and bad decisions the rest.. I'm just SO happy I've broken past #227!

ChickieBoom
10-15-2012, 10:37 AM
I didn't lose this week but I'm not really complaining because I had a pretty big loss last week. I will stop weighing every day and wait until Saturday morning. There's no good reason to torture myself.

Pink Hurricane
10-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Great job everybody! And Laurie that is awesome you are so close to being out of the 220s!!! :woohoo:

I feel a little out of the loop because I was out of town this weekend. My husband and I met up with my family in the mountains and we all camped out and had a ton of fun. It was my husband's first time riding an ATV and I showed him how to control the gears and such, and before I knew it he was driving us up and down the mountain and we just had a blast! It was great seeing him so happy and relaxed, and the family that had not met him yet finally got to and just loved him, like I knew they would! :)

So I weighed in this morning and I maintained over the weekend, I was worried I would gained but figured from all the outdoor activity this weekend I wouldn't so I'm pretty happy about that. I changed my official weigh in day to Friday, and other than that I've been OP and sticking to my exercise! I just did a 32 minute running in place session this morning, and either going to strength train tomorrow morning with a little bit of cardio or go for Cardio X and do my strength on Wed morning. Just trying to feel my way around a routine that I can stick to basically.

How was everyone's weekend?

Fatness
10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Had my weigh-in today at gnc and I am a little upset because I set my goal to be 215 and I did not make it. My new weigh-in is 216.02oz. How are you ladiess today?

Garnet2727
10-15-2012, 04:44 PM
My brain hurts. I've been working on an Excel spreadsheet all day. I'm going swimming tonight with a friend; that should clear the cobwebs out!

Fatness
10-15-2012, 06:01 PM
My brain hurts. I've been working on an Excel spreadsheet all day. I'm going swimming tonight with a friend; that should clear the cobwebs out!
i want to go swimming with you guys lol!

have not done that in so long. I live right by the beach or should i say the Chesapeake bay! That water is disgusting! Every time I get in that water I have to take antibiotics.

Have fun!

Meka150
10-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Crawling my way down the 230s weighed in at 232.

going2bskinny
10-16-2012, 07:47 AM
i finally made it here scale said 239.5 today hope it dont yoyo back up though but yeah Im excited so thought I'd come say hi :D

LaurieDawn
10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Remembered the joys of daily weighing! 220.4. Five more days to take off half a pound. I think it is totally doable. :-)

Pink Hurricane - Sounds like a great time. Congratulations on maintaining through a fun family event.

Going2beskinny - Welcome! You will love this community! And you have done an AMAZING job.

Go, Meka go!

Garnet - I also love to use exercise to deal with work stress.

Fatness - Congrats! Hope I join you soon on the next thread. :-)

Chickieboom - I agree. Daily weighing can make a person crazy. I just started doing it again. I may go back to weekly. :-)

Have a lovely day, everyone!

Lishar
10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Hello Ladies. Well I have jumped up to 233.6 after my low of 230.6. I will have to keep it since it does not want to budge. I am a bit bummed. I have started eating more 2 weight less a big thing there is the scale won't always go down as fast but you are loosing fat. I need to have faith and patience. I like their model of keeping your lean muscle while loosing fat. I am eating below my TDEE and above my BMR so it will come off.

I worked Sun/Mon and have a class today so I will check back tomorrow.

Pink Hurricane
10-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Fatness- That's good you are in the teens though! I know it's frustrating when you set a goal for yourself and you don't reach it, but you will reach it soon enough!

Garnett- Hope you had fun swimming! I always love swimming, especially during the past few summers because I take the children I nanny for a swim 4 days out of the week.

Meka- Yay!! Won't be long before you are in the 220s!

Going2beskinny- Welcome to the thread! I remember how excited I was to finally be in the 30s, so congrats to you!!

Laurie- Taking off the .4 of a pound should be a cinch in 5 days. I'm so excited for you!

Lishar- Where did you calculate your TDEE and BMR? That is something I have read about and want to look into. I know you are frustrated with that gain but don't worry yourself over it too much because you know it will come back off and stay off!

Not much to say today except that I am just having 'one' of those days where I am having to push through my cravings and make myself work out. I allowed myself one serving, which is one oz, of Doritos to help satisfy that, and I had plenty of room for it for my afternoon snack. I did 35 minutes of Cardio X and cleaned our bathroom. It's always this time of the work day in which I am looking forward to going back home, seems like the last few hours of work just creep by :lol:

ChickieBoom
10-16-2012, 02:16 PM
It's Tuesday and I've managed to stay off of the scale. I just finished lunch and now I'm headed for a walk. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Garnet2727
10-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Hubby and I are going out to an Italian restaurant for dinner tonight. I hope I can behave! I've already picked out what I'm going to have. It's a pasta dish with olive oil, oregeno, feta cheese, greek olives and romano cheese. My biggest challenge will be portion control. I think I'll ask for a to go box right up front and put half of it away before I eat.

kmstacy
10-16-2012, 03:45 PM
I weighed in today ..down 2 lbs :)

sluggerbean
10-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Hubby and I are going out to an Italian restaurant for dinner tonight. I hope I can behave! I've already picked out what I'm going to have. It's a pasta dish with olive oil, oregeno, feta cheese, greek olives and romano cheese. My biggest challenge will be portion control. I think I'll ask for a to go box right up front and put half of it away before I eat.

That is an excellent plan!! :cp: It is something we all should do when we go out to eat.

kisskiss
10-16-2012, 05:03 PM
so, I weighed in as low as 222 yesterday but then today I was 225! and, I didn't eat too many calories or unhealthy food. So may be salt, may be water, who knows. Hopefully I get back to 222 ASAP :(

I like to do this when I eat at a restaurant, although I don't always have the willpower to do it

yay!Good job :carrot:
I weighed in today ..down 2 lbs :)

2times2much
10-16-2012, 05:29 PM
I did some Fall yard work in order to stay out of the kitchen. I didn't get done, but I made progress outside! No weight loss this week. Yo-yoing around + or - a couple pounds. Next project is to clean the refrigerator!

Going2be, I knew it wouldn't take long for some of the last forum to move to this one! I like the 10 pound increments better though I think!

Enygirl
10-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Garnet, that's a great idea! :crossed: for portion control!
It's been a pretty emotional time for me... I'm still doing goo on the weight loss, taking it slow, not getting frustrated. now if only the rest of my life would align.

LaurieDawn
10-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Ah! The agonies of daily weighing! Back up to 221.2. I committed no real crimes against the scale - just a low sleep night. Still hope to make 219.somsthing by Sunday.

I have a lunch date today. His idea. Eating is not the most attractive human activity. But it's a first date and I really like him, so I will not be subjecting him to my unique way of eating just yet. So I am saving my calories, and I will eat something that I can easily manage so the food won't be a distraction from my delightful personality. ;-) It might be carby, so the scale may continue to rise, but should not derail my official Sunday weigh in.

Matilda08
10-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Hello everyone I hope all is well Im still fighting to get out of the 220s just wi at 226 with clothes and shoes on so I think its safe to say Im 224. Still pushing I need to see the two teens this month!

Elladorine
10-17-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm relatively confident that I'll dip below last week's weigh-in of 235.5 tonight, but then again I was confident of a loss last week and had gained! :o Home scale says 231, but it's apparently not consistent with the official scale so I don't know why I keep checking it. :dizzy:

I've realized that I've lost 3" off my waist since May. I really wish I'd have measured back in March but oh well, for that matter I wish I'd have measured at my highest. :lol: I've lost a couple of inches off my underbust and an inch off my bust as well.

My husband and I have been trying to take nightly walks with our pups, and as we were out last night I remarked how nice it is that he's been willing to take these walks with me now. I reminded him that when we got our first puppy last year he wasn't at all interested, and he replied that he's lost weight and has had more energy since. We're both eating better and are more active. And as we were talking about it, I realized that he no longer has to slow down to meet my pace like in the old days. That was a pretty great feeling! I've lost 50 pounds since we first started dating, and he's probably lost 40-45. I still need to lose 25 more before I catch up with him though. :lol:

ChickieBoom
10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm still trying to stay off of the scale until Saturday. I was really tempted to get on it this morning but I got sidetracked and drank a big glass of water...no way was I weighing after that. I can't tell whether or not I feel slimmer. I know that I'm all over the place with sizes. I can fit into some 14s, 16s and 18s (although the 18s are really too big and I should probably stop wearing them).

Pink Hurricane
10-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Hope your lunch date goes well Laurie!!! :carrot:

Just sticking with everything today. I did a little more than 30 minutes of the Plyometrics dvd from P90X this morning and it was a killer haha. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would based on what a lot of people have said about it being their least favorite workout but I thought it was cool. Doing upper/lower/abs strength training tomorrow with a bit of cardio either with jumping rope, jumping jacks, or running.

This has been a crazy week for hubby at work, he's been having to stay about an hour longer than usual, a lot of crazy stuff has been going on but thankfully his weekend begins tonight once he gets off work. I still have two more days but I am soooo ready for the weekend. I am feeling a little crampy and bloated today, so I know it's almost TOM. Not looking forward to the scale Friday but I'll just continue on my plan and roll with the punches. Not sure what to make for dinner tonight, but we have to make a grocery trip soon and I'm trying to load up on healthy recipe ideas before we go!

Enygirl
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm still trying to stay off of the scale until Saturday. I was really tempted to get on it this morning but I got sidetracked and drank a big glass of water...no way was I weighing after that. I can't tell whether or not I feel slimmer. I know that I'm all over the place with sizes. I can fit into some 14s, 16s and 18s (although the 18s are really too big and I should probably stop wearing them).

I feel you! I have everything from a 12 to 22 in my closet, and at least one p[iece of clothing in each size that fits. Ugh. And as far as the one that are too big, et rid of them. Don't give yourself the option of them fitting again! :D

healthyginger
10-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm back from being offline for 3 weeks. In that time I made it into the 30's !!! I poked a long with halves and 1's and then POW! A 4 pd loss showed up Sat morning putting me at 238. This also put me halfway to onderland from where I began. :carrot::carrot: My next goal is 132 where I offially let go of being morbidly obese. I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me.:)

VickieLou
10-19-2012, 09:32 AM
I got out of the 240's today, I weighed in at 237.8. :carrot: So glad to be out of the 240's. I haven't lost much weight this year. Was in the 250's and 240's most of the year. Good Luck, Everyone!

:haphal:

Meka150
10-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Congratulations and Welcome VickieLou, sometimes slow and steady is better than sprinting. It seems like it took me forever to get out of the 280s and 270s. Now I'm almost out of the 230s. You can do it.

Elladorine
10-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I weighed in at 233.75 this week. I'll take it! But I still can't wait to get back to the 220's again; I'm soooo close now. :D

Lishar
10-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Elladorine- Woohoo congrats. you are close. I am trying to get out of the 230's too. It is not wanting to happen.

VickieLou Welcome.

healthyginger Welcome. I hope you see 232 soon.

Enygirl I need to get rid of my size 22's. I don't have a many size 18 and I hope to get there soon to buy a couple pairs.

Pink Hurricane I have read a lot about P90x. Do you like it? There are several sites you can calculate your BMR and TDEE. I have used Scooby http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and Fat2fit http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ What I do is calculate for the weight I am now and take a 20-30% off. The suggestions in 15% but I think most of those people are not 70lbs overweight. KWIM?

So MY BMR is around 1700 calories/day. My TDEE is around 2768 for moderate activity, so a 30% cut would be 1937. So I should eat no more than 1937 but no less than 1700. I was eating 1900-2000 and did not like that so I am backing down to 1800. I hope that was not too much info.

ChickieBoom good idea about drinking water. I need to stay off the scale. Its just so hard.

I have had a hard week. I gained 5lbs probably water weight. I had been eating out and did not realize how much sodium I was eating. So I am trying to eat less processed foods and drink more water to wash it out. I lost 2 of those lbs so far. Looking forward to seeing the 220's within the week.

Misti in Seattle
10-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Just popped over from the 240s thread to congrate VickieLou for graduating over here! Way to go, VickieLou!! :cheer: Hope to be joining you before too long!!!

Fatness
10-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Just popped over from the 240s thread to congrate VickieLou for graduating over here! Way to go, VickieLou!! :cheer: Hope to be joining you before too long!!!

Don't worry you will be there in no time!

Hello ladies; look like you all are doing good and keeping up with those goals!

I hit 212 yesterday and I can smell that 210!

Have a nice weekend ladies!:hug::carrot:

sluggerbean
10-20-2012, 12:05 PM
It's official...I am moving to the next thread :carrot:, which also means that I have lost 100 pounds!!!!! :dancer: :yay: :woohoo:

I hope to see all of you soon!!!

VickieLou
10-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the Congrats and Welcome: Meka150, Lishar, Misti in Seattle, and Fatness! Good Luck, Everyone!

I weighed in at 236.8 today. The weekend is coming so hope I stick to my plan. Weekends are always a challenge for me.

healthyginger
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Way to go sluggerbean!! Very impressed . I sooooo look forward to that 100 pd down goal met. Down another 2 pds this week to 236. Was supprised what with no exercise from arthrictic pain this week. 4 more pds and I'm out of the morbidly obese range. I HATE BEING " MORBIDLY" OBESE!!! I don't know- it's just that word "morbid" I've been so close to deaths door in last couple years and now I finally feel like I might live after all.

Enygirl
10-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Ella - You'll be in the #220s again soon. Keep working girl. Oh, and I started following you on Twitter (Twisteddoxy). I love all the pictures, and the bead idea is GREAT!

Lishar - I still have 1 pair of 22s that fit. They are getting pretty baggy, but right now I don't have a lot that fits because I had gotten so big. My highest weight ever was #247, one of my mini-awards is to go and buy jeans that fit properly and look good when I hit the #25 lost marks; only a few more pounds!

Fatness - You're doing AWESOME! You're almost there! Woo!

Slugger - Great Job! We'll see you on the next board. :)

Healthy - My mom and I were talking about the whole "Morbidly Obese" thing the other day. When I was at #247 and my BMI was 46-47, it felt "morbid". Since I've really been focusing and making good choices to get healthy, and my BMI is down in the 42 range, it doesn't feel "morbid." I told my mom that it's "Extremely obese" now. Is it weird that I'm excited for when I'm just "obese"?

Garnet2727
10-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I lost 2.5 pounds this week! *does a happy dance*

Tomorrow morning, I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn and get on a plane for a 4 day business trip. I typically do this once or twice a month. The last two trips...well...I'll simply say that I haven't done so well weight wise. I hope I can carry the momentum of this weeks loss with me.

Lishar
10-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Is it weird that I'm excited for when I'm just "obese"?

No I will be so excited to be out of severe obesity into obese too. I will get to overweight and to onederland at the same time. 197 I will be Just overweight. My BMI right now is 35 it was 40 when I started losing weight. I am really close by 230 I will be just obese. Its all baby steps right ladies.

BMI 25-29.9 overweight
BMI 30-35 Obese
BMI ≥ 35- 39.9 is severe obesity
BMI 40–44.9 is morbid obesity
BMI of ≥ 45 is super obesity

I have gotten a ^%%&* cold. So today will be my rest day to take care of myself and try to let this cold leave soon. I told my oldest I was a snot factory and she looked at me strange. Its true. I hope this pseudophed kicks in soon. Also I hope I don't give it to my kids.

Trying to get rid of this water weight I have held onto. I started watching my sodium and was shocked. I track my calories on MY fitnes Pals so its easy to add it in. We had been eating out more than normal the last few weeks. Now I am trying to watch it closer and drinking more water to flush it out.

LaurieDawn
10-21-2012, 11:46 AM
225.2. And some deserved water retention. Weight loss is hard.

Enygirl
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm super excited! I lost #2 this week, which officially puts me in the lower #220s! Woo Hoo! :carrot: Hopefully only a few more weeks on this board, not that I don't love you all. ;)

kisskiss
10-22-2012, 12:23 PM
It's official...I am moving to the next thread :carrot:, which also means that I have lost 100 pounds!!!!! :dancer: :yay: :woohoo:

I hope to see all of you soon!!!

That's so great!!! I cannot wait til I hit onderland, cause that will be my 100 lb lost :) I hope to join you in the new thread soon :)

Healthy - My mom and I were talking about the whole "Morbidly Obese" thing the other day. When I was at #247 and my BMI was 46-47, it felt "morbid". Since I've really been focusing and making good choices to get healthy, and my BMI is down in the 42 range, it doesn't feel "morbid." I told my mom that it's "Extremely obese" now. Is it weird that I'm excited for when I'm just "obese"?

Yes! I am the same way. I couldn't believe when I calculated my BMI last year and it put me in the morbidly obese category. I'm just Obese now (or "very overweight", as some BMI sites like to call it), lol. I hate that word, but it still felt good to take away the morbid in front of it.

Lishar
10-22-2012, 12:25 PM
230.2 this morning. That 5lbs that I gained about 2wks ago is finally gone. I did nothing yesterday except sit on my butt. I had a horrible cold. One strange thing is that I could not get satisfied. I would eat something and be hungry again. So I tried to snack healthy. I ended up eating almost to me TDEE but that was ok. I guess my body needed it because I lost 2.5lbs overnight. Either that or all the water I drank finally flushed out the water I was holding onto. I drank 1.5 gallons yesterday. :o

Lauriedawn you are amazing I have to tell you that. Weight loss is hard especially if you are in it for the long haul.

Enygirl congrats on your loss.

Garnet Congrats on your loss too. Looks like a few of us are on a roll. :)

Pink Hurricane
10-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Lishar thank you times a million for those links! I was able to figure out all the stats I needed to and I am eating in the right range so I need to definitely intensify my workouts! Also, I read somewhere that it's good to reconfigure those stats every 5-10lbs lost or so. I love P90X, it's a butt kicker but a lot of fun!

Also congrats to Slugger for the 100lb loss and being able to move on to the next thread!! :woohoo:

My weigh in was stagnant Friday, TOM came right on time and is just chillin, bloating me up and such :lol: I have been doing light exercise the past few days, just walking for 20-30 minutes because things have been so crazy busy. Tomorrow though will be strength and cardio. Haven't decided exactly what yet, I'm still trying to find my groove.

My husband ordered Insanity for us and that should be here soon! I am so excited and so is he, he said we are going to start the first workout as soon as it gets here! I can't wait, I think it will be perfect for helping me bust out of the 220s. Other than that we went grocery shopping and I loaded up on some yummy foods and produce, ended up grilling a medium squash on the skillet for lunch to go along side my grilled cheese. Anyways, gotta get back to work, just wanted to see how everyone was doing!

ChickieBoom
10-22-2012, 04:59 PM
I feel like I've been hovering around at the same weight for the last 3 weeks. I'm trying not to get upset but it's frustrating. I was really hoping to be down a little more by now but I know that I'm eating well, I just need to get back on my exercise regimen.

Meka150
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
I didn't weigh in today I was so off track. Was up til about 5:30 finishing a paper got a few hours sleep then work. I will weigh-in in the morning hoping to be in bed in just a few minutes.

Pink Hurricane
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Well I did Plyometrics this morning, 2 minutes longer than the first time I did the DVD so I am feeling pretty proud. I think I can complete the whole workout soon though, I know I can. I noticed during squat reach jumps that my thighs are feeling significantly tighter! I haven't lost poundage recently but I must be doing something right.

I am hoping to see a decent loss on Friday, even if it is just a half pound would make me happy. My husband ordered Insanity for us and it came in the mail, we both can't wait to start it!

jrkessle
10-23-2012, 09:27 PM
i've been chilling at 230 for about 3 weeks now, and I am determined that this is the week that i break into the 220s and never see the 230s again!

Meka150
10-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Ok so i'm finally weighing-in for the week and I'm down to 229.4lbs.

going2bskinny
10-24-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm back again 239.5 after a slip back up into the 240s thread gonna stay here this time.

This will be harder now I have a horrible leg injury so I must do this all with only diet. Today is my day 1 of 100 days on fruits and veggies, so I'm sure not to gain since I need to be in bed most of the time.

Misti in Seattle
10-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi... just came over to congratulate going2beskinny! :cheer: See you soon!! It won't be long until I am here.

going2bskinny
10-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks misti can't wait to see you here soon!!! Yay :hug:

kisskiss
10-24-2012, 10:42 AM
I feel like I've been hovering around at the same weight for the last 3 weeks. I'm trying not to get upset but it's frustrating.

I know how you feel, I seem to have been btw 223-225 for the longest time
:(

But I finally got a whoosh and weighed in at 220.2 this morning :carrot: so close...

My husband ordered Insanity for us and it came in the mail, we both can't wait to start it!

you're brave! I heard insanity is so hard. when you start it, please keep us updated-- so many people swear by that workout, I'd be interested in your review of it :)

ChickieBoom
10-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I know how you feel, I seem to have been btw 223-225 for the longest time
:(

But I finally got a whoosh and weighed in at 220.2 this morning :carrot: so close...

That's amazing! Congrats! It's crazy how much the number on the scale affects my mood. I know that I'm eating well and I know that I have to start exercising again. You've just given me a little extra motivation!

Pink Hurricane
10-24-2012, 01:42 PM
kisskiss- I definitely will keep y'all posted when we start. I'm a little nervous but I am looking forward to it. I'm so tired of the stagnant phase I have been in for a month so I am hoping it's going to kick my butt, big time! Also congrats on getting to 220.2, you're almost there!! :cheer2:

meka- Great that you are back to 229.4!!! I keep bouncing between 229 and 224.6 for the past month, it's aggrevating but we will get there, keep it up!

going2bskinny- Glad you are back! So sorry to hear about your leg :hug: how long do you think you have for recovery? I have been trying to incorporate a lot more veggies and fruit in my diet recently, it's starting to make a difference in how I feel and it helps to stop all the cravings for junk that I used to have.

Chickie- I have been hovering around the same 5 pounds for about a month now. It's very frustrating but like you said you it's hard not to be down, I understand, but keep at it, every day, we both can bust through the rut!

So I did Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred today and it was more challenging than I expected but I really loved it! I plan to complete the full 30 days, I've heard some people say to do it consecutively for 30 days and others say do it every other day. Not sure what would be best though.

As for Insanity, my husband and I are going to start it hopefully this weekend. I am looking forward to it, I know it's going to be super intense but I can't wait! I hope that the 30DayShred and Insanity can help me get off this almost plateau stage I have been at for too long!

2times2much
10-25-2012, 12:21 AM
233 this morning. If I behave myself I will meet the 10 pound goal for this month. :carrot:

Today I splurged, and went shopping. I got 3 pair of pants and bunches of clearance shirts/blouses! Tomorrow I will bag up all the too-big shirts and take them away.

I have a job interview next week, and needed to have something that fit! There is no going backwards though. Everything I got, BARELY fits! It was REALLY neat though being able to go into a "normal" department store and buy clothes off the rack! (used to have to order everything)

DH was off work for a couple of days with the flu. As nice as it was having him around, it really messes with my eating plans! I generally diet 5 days, and splurge 2. It was really hard fix food for him, and not eat it too! I did have my favorite..Mac & cheese... so naughty! :devil:

Elladorine
10-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Elladorine- Woohoo congrats. you are close. I am trying to get out of the 230's too. It is not wanting to happen.
Aw, we can do it! :hug: It sounds like both of our bodies are being insanely stubborn right now. :dizzy:

Ella - You'll be in the #220s again soon. Keep working girl. Oh, and I started following you on Twitter (Twisteddoxy). I love all the pictures, and the bead idea is GREAT!

When I was at #247 and my BMI was 46-47, it felt "morbid". Since I've really been focusing and making good choices to get healthy, and my BMI is down in the 42 range, it doesn't feel "morbid." I told my mom that it's "Extremely obese" now. Is it weird that I'm excited for when I'm just "obese"?
Thanks. :hug: Part of me still feels like it can't possibly be real that I'm anywhere under 250! I'll have to be more careful with my beads; I'll be without them for two weeks so maybe I'll learn my lesson! :lol: Oh, and I just started following you on Twitter as well, sometimes I'm a little slow with these things. ;)

Not weird at all to get excited over the idea of just being obese. My BMI is currently 35.5, down from a whopping 54.85! :o I've still got a measly 4 more pounds to lose before I can just be obese myself. :dizzy: I really can't wait to be overweight! :lol:

I only lost a quarter of a pound this week, but I think TOM is messing with me. No weigh-in next week so I'm probably going to lose my mind. :lol:

kisskiss
10-25-2012, 01:02 PM
That sounds fun! I've been meaning to buy some better fitting clothes, and now I will since I read you post :) I'm pretty much officially in a size 16, but all but one of my current jeans are size 18s and 20s. I figure it's time I reward myself:D

Good Luck on you interview!!

Today I splurged, and went shopping. I got 3 pair of pants and bunches of clearance shirts/blouses! Tomorrow I will bag up all the too-big shirts and take them away.

I have a job interview next week, and needed to have something that fit! There is no going backwards though. Everything I got, BARELY fits! It was REALLY neat though being able to go into a "normal" department store and buy clothes off the rack! (used to have to order everything

kisskiss
10-25-2012, 01:07 PM
That's amazing! Congrats! It's crazy how much the number on the scale affects my mood. I know that I'm eating well and I know that I have to start exercising again. You've just given me a little extra motivation!

thank you! I can't wait to see a 2-teen on my scale.
I need to start exercising again too! I have not gone to the gym in more than two months (I hurt my back so doctor's orders). I plan on re-starting my gym membership on November 1. I'm surprised I am so dang excited about exercising!

You can do it! I'm sure you'll break this little plateau.

VickieLou
10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
I weighed in at 233.2 today! :carrot: It's the lowest I've been all year. I'm almost into the 220's. Everyone Have A Great Weekend!

Enygirl
10-27-2012, 10:49 AM
So I did Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred today and it was more challenging than I expected but I really loved it! I plan to complete the full 30 days, I've heard some people say to do it consecutively for 30 days and others say do it every other day. Not sure what would be best though.

I'm almost done with 30 Day Shred. Doing Level 3/Day 8 today. For the most part, I've done it consecutively everyday. I've taken a total of 5 "rest" days for one reason or another. If I have any advice it would to be do NOT take a rest day between levels. I did that between level 1 and level 2, and it was the hardest transition ever! But really, I love the workout! I haven't lost a lot of pounds, but the changes in my body, my endurance, and the inches lost are completely worth it! I'm going to have the boyfriend measure me after I finish it and I'll post how many inches I lost. :)

233 this morning. If I behave myself I will meet the 10 pound goal for this month. :carrot:

I have a job interview next week, and needed to have something that fit! There is no going backwards though. Everything I got, BARELY fits! It was REALLY neat though being able to go into a "normal" department store and buy clothes off the rack! (used to have to order everything)

I :love: that you "splurged" and bought nice, good fitting clothes that fit you better and show your progress rather than the normal "I've been good, I deserve cake" splurge! You should be SO PROUD of yourself! :yay: Also, good luck at your interview!

I weighed in at 233.2 today! :carrot: It's the lowest I've been all year. I'm almost into the 220's. Everyone Have A Great Weekend!

WOO HOO!! :dance: Great progress Vicky! You'll be knocking down the #220s door any day! :D

VickieLou
10-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Enygirl Thanks for the compliment! I weighed in the same weight today. But hope to be out of the 230's soon. Good Luck on your weight loss too!
I tried 30 day shred once. It was tough. I need to start working out again.
I haven't been doing much exercise at all. Good Luck, Everyone!

going2bskinny
10-27-2012, 05:07 PM
236 current weigh in

LaurieDawn
10-28-2012, 09:30 AM
224.2. Headed the wrong direction. Got to fix it. Every minute =a new opportunity for better decisions.

Enygirl
10-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I was #226 today. I know I'm retaining water from yesterday's dinner. :( I'm hoping to flush some out before tomorrow's official weigh in.

Garnet2727
10-28-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm at 232 this week. That's up a half a pound. I'm OK with it, though. I travelled for business on Monday through Thursday. Given my gains on my previous trips, this one wasn't bad.

kisskiss
10-28-2012, 02:19 PM

I think i'm going to get the 30 day shred, I heard it gets you sweating!

:carrot: yay! I'm sure you'll be in the 20s soon and congrats on reaching your lowest weight this year

So I had a pretty good weekend, went to a halloween party and danced my *** off :)
I also have weighed in at the teens for the last few days:carrot:! so, I'm gonna jump over to the two-teens thread. See you all there!

Pink Hurricane
10-28-2012, 04:37 PM
enygirl- Then I will be sure to do it consecutively, and remember your advice about not taking a rest day between levels. I don't think I will lose much weight on it either, but tomorrow I am going to go at it every day. I hope to see some inches lost for sure, pounds would be nice too but I just want to see my body change and get stronger. Also, don't be discouraged about the gain, I gained this week too, and I'm just trying to keep positive and know that it will turn around and I will lose again. :)

Laurie- Couldn't have said it better myself! You got this, keep your head up!

kisskiss- You definitely should, I was sweating like a pig and was pretty tired but I completed it. My goal is to do every rep strong before it's time to level up haha.

I gained, been under a bit of stress the past few days and exercise was on the back burner but I went for a walk this morning. Going to start going hard at 30 Day Shred tomorrow and should complete it by November 26th. I may still allow myself to have Saturdays as my rest days but I may just push through. We shall see. I really hope to see a whoosh soon though, trying not to be discouraged by my gain this week because I know it will come right back off.

How has everyone's weekend been?

Elladorine
10-28-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm sort of twiddling my thumbs here, unable to [officially] weigh-in until November 7th. Well ok, so I'm not really twiddling my thumbs. :lol: I'm staying on plan and am making sure to get some walking in. Even did a teeny bit of jogging last night just because I had the excess energy!

The jeans I accidentally bought several months back (tried on in one store and bought the same brand in another but mixed up the sizes) finally fits. I've got a little bit of a muffin top with them but nothing too major.

I haven't been this small in years, and it feels a lot different this time. Not overly exciting like it used to be, but I think that's a good thing. Too many highs and lows in attitude have dragged me down in the past, undermining my success when I wasn't losing fast enough. Right now I'm just keeping up the healthier eating and appropriate portion sizes and will just be happy to see where it takes me. :)

facingfacts12
10-28-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm going to join here if I may. I am 238 today (sadly went up to 240 before finally pressing the reverse button). I started *seriously* a couple of days ago. Need to be part of a group somewhere to keep this going.
Everyone told me to write down what I eat and I thought it would be such a hassle, but now I just got a little notepad and am finally doing it.
My goodness... this really keeps you honest.

Fatness
10-28-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm going to join here if I may. I am 238 today (sadly went up to 240 before finally pressing the reverse button). I started *seriously* a couple of days ago. Need to be part of a group somewhere to keep this going.
Everyone told me to write down what I eat and I thought it would be such a hassle, but now I just got a little notepad and am finally doing it.

Welcome to the group! I also thought it would be a hassle to keep track of what I eat. But once I found-out about myfitnesspal; it has made it very easy!

Elladorine
10-28-2012, 07:17 PM
I've been writing down everything I've eaten since March, and I thank that for taking me to my lowest weight in 12 years. :)

Natlyne
10-28-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd like to join in here too! :)

I started my journey in May when I got on the scale and saw 241. I went up and down a lot until August when a girlfriend from work and I were discussing our weight issues, and decided we needed to do something about it. We both joined MyFitnessPal along with a few other co-workers. It's been going well, but they all have less to lose than me and I really need support to be able to do this.

I just got out of the 230's a couple weeks ago, and my New Years goal is to get into the 220's.

I weigh in on Fridays and I am currently at 227.2. I will do a few weigh ins during the week, usually on Mondays to see how the weekend really was :lol:

2times2much
10-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the kind words gals!

DH approved of the new, smaller clothes! :D I wore a new outfit when we went out this afternoon to celebrate a friends 50th birthday. Guess there were lots of comments when I left the table to go to the restroom! No one said a word to my face about looking better...:dizzy: Made me smile when I found out about the conversation though.

I have NO IDEA what I was thinking tonight. I'm watching my mom's dog. When I took him outside, I thought it would be "fun" to jog with him a bit. (I haven't jogged since high school and that was a looooong time ago, and not because I wanted to jog then either!) I went 1 block and back!! I was wheezing too! LOL! The good news was that I didn't die, and I eventually was able to breath again! My legs could take it--it was body that was rejecting the whole jogging idea! So glad it was dark...I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight!!

Yesterdays scale reading was a beautiful 229. Todays reading was not so beautiful at 233! 229 will put me 1/2 way to final goal! I must make it before November 1!

I'm a VERY competitive person. This time, it's just me committing to myself! I either lose my bet, or I lose the weight, which really would make me a winner! It seems even more important now as DH has suggested it will be much harder, as I become lighter, to keep up a 10 pound loss each month. Sounds like he's betting against me...I'd hate to let him WIN! :devil:

Misti in Seattle
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Hi... just came over to thank 2times2much for coming back to the 240s thread with words of encouragement. LOL I have read this entire thread and am going crazy trying to get here! See you all soon, I hope!!

Enygirl
10-29-2012, 08:29 AM
So Frustrated! :mad: I've been on plan (a few days off), working out, in the low #220s all week - not really low, but hovering around the #224 from last week. This morning - BAM - #227!!! :eek: I'm hoping it's water weight that will come off, but MAN is this frustrating! I feel like it's starting over!

I'm sure the fact that I've been stressed beyond belief last week with work and an uninvited/unplanned "guest" didn't help. Seriously annoyed! :( :( :(

going2bskinny
10-29-2012, 09:03 AM
235.5 today can't wait for u to get here misti great job everyone keep it up!

VickieLou
10-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm almost in the 220's. I weighed in at 231.8 today. Good Luck, Everyone!

Pink Hurricane
10-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Ella- Great about the jeans! That is such an awesome feeling, and something I am looking forward to feeling again pretty soon when I say goodbye to my size 18s for good. I can't wait to be back in 14s and 12s haha. Also I know you must be looking forward to your weigh in Nov 7, especially since you have been losing inches!

Facingfacts- Welcome to the group! I highly HIGHLY recommend writing down what you eat and your exercises. It helps greatly, especially when you have an off week or so and you look back and see what may have caused it. It also helps to keep you on track. I, like Fatness, use My Fitness Pal. It is a wonderful tool, like many of the trackers online. I have used LiveStrongs Daily Plate in the past, and have recently settled with MFP.

Dougsgirl- Welcome to the thread too! I think it's neat that you and your coworkers are in it together, and MFP is a great tool as well. I love the community here at 3FC because they can help you stay on track and give you the encouragment and advice you need. Also congrats on your loss so far!

2times- I'm glad to hear about your DH approving of your new clothes and also that he gave you an extra kick of motivation without even realizing it! ;) True, it will be harder but that is another opportunity for you to try something new! I'm glad he is such a supporter of you throughout all of this!

Enygirl- I know how you feel, I am just completely unhappy as far as what the scale has been saying for the past few weeks. I got down to 224.6, then hopped up to 227, then back down to 224.8, then up to 229 this weekend. My body is going crazy on me! But I realize having TOM most of last week along with some added stress and crazy busy schedule right now my body is wigging out a bit. I'm just trying to be patient and understanding of myself and stay OP, I know eventually I can get to 223 for good.

Just chugging through another work week. Had a great weekend with my husband, did 30DayShred this morning, made it through every second of the Cardio circuits but still not able to complete every rep of strength. I know I will get there though, it's only my second time with the program. Drinking tons of water and staying busy, I have SO MUCH going on right now it's hard to think straight but it's mostly good stuff, just a lot going on at once!

Elladorine
10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Ella- Great about the jeans! That is such an awesome feeling, and something I am looking forward to feeling again pretty soon when I say goodbye to my size 18s for good. I can't wait to be back in 14s and 12s haha. Also I know you must be looking forward to your weigh in Nov 7, especially since you have been losing inches!
Thanks! I'm typically fitting into 18's now, but of course it depends on the brand. The jeans I've been going on about are a tight 20 though. ;) They're kinda exciting because they were $70 jeans I got on clearance for $15 or so. I don't think I've ever bought any jeans that were worth over $20. :lol: At the time I got confused because I was fitting into 20's and had forgotten I needed 22's for this particular pair (I'd tried them on in one store and bought them at another location in a hurry the next day). And since they were clearance, I couldn't exchange them, so I just set them aside in hopes I'd eventually be able to wear them. The other pair I'd bought the same day are 20's and they've been getting baggier and baggier. :dizzy:

I've been a solid 22/24 most of my life (or worse!), so this all feels pretty surreal to me. I did get down to a 14 back in 1995 and possibly back around 2000 as well, the two times that I'd gotten my weight down to 220. I've never been under that. I have a feeling I won't quite be into 14's after another 10-15 pounds, but I'm guessing it can't be too far off from there. My tummy is the real issue right now as it's out of proportion with the rest of me (I'm an apple). But I can't wait to get there too! :) So much to look forward to in the coming months while we keep at it!

Keep up the great work! :hug: It's fun to share these little victories on the way down. :D

Natlyne
10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Dougsgirl - Welcome to the thread too! I think it's neat that you and your coworkers are in it together, and MFP is a great tool as well. I love the community here at 3FC because they can help you stay on track and give you the encouragment and advice you need. Also congrats on your loss so far!

I find work to be an easy place to eat without thinking, so it's a big help to have people around me trying to eat better too. We spend a lot of time together and I think if I was the only one doing this, I would fall back into bad habits very easily.

I joined 3FC because I feel that support is the biggest factor in me sticking to the journey this time. I haven't been here long, but I like it already :)

facingfacts12
10-30-2012, 08:55 AM
So many wonderful ladies on here! Its great not to feel alone. I'm trying to read up more on the thread and get to "know" everyone.

I weighed in 237.5 today - I was 240 like last thursday/friday or something, but have been at 238 pretty much all week so far. There was one day right off the bat where the scale showed 236.5 but then went back up and is sticking around 238.
I must say I'm a little frustrated - only because this is my FIRST week of being serious. The last time I did this in January I dropped a whopping 7 pounds (or something like that) the first week, kind of to get a head start, and then of course it went to regular weight loss progress.
But nothing like that so far this time. Of course I'm not really exercising like I was the first time (I hit the gym big time). I wonder if that matters.

In any case, I feel absolutely bad for getting off the rails earlier this year and allowing life and stress to stop me from losing weight. I think about where I could have been by now. Yes I had a lot going on, but who's to say I won't always have a lot going on. Reading the success stories on here is SO inspiring and I keep wondering could that ever really be me. Sometimes when I think about it, I can't believe I'm talking numbers like 238 right now. I remember crying my eyes out when I hit 165 a long time ago. I thought I'd just entered **** or something. But will try not to dwell on this - its like everytime, as soon as I get serious, one of the biggest things I kick myself about during those first weeks is how on earth did I let it get this bad in the first place. Its like when I am actively packing it on and ignoring my habits I am oblivious or something and then later there's the awakening of oh my lord HOW did I let this happen. I guess I did.

Thank you so much for the tips on My Fitness Pal and such. Will check it out. For now I just have a little notebook that I've been using - I've never done this, in the past I've rather just controlled portions and gauged not to eat too much for the day and eat healthy food only. This way, just seeing the calories add up, is so eye opening because I start to understand how I put on this much weight in the first place.

I do think I need to change WHAT I eat a little bit more though and get more protein in the mix with less carbs. I seem to respond to that very quickly - when there are too many carbs in the mix I just don't seem to lose weight much.

going2bskinny
10-31-2012, 10:29 AM
233.5 today almost out the 30s :O not having any sweets or anything for Halloween I'd rather be skinny happy Halloween everyone!! Keep it up

Sorry I don't post much I'm doing this on my phone but I read it all great job everybody!! :hug:

Lishar
10-31-2012, 11:57 AM
I have been super busy at work and home. I have not made much progress. Actually I gained back the weight I lost early last week. I am now again back at 230.8. I don't know what is going on. The funny thing is I was not able to eat up to my goal Sun/Mon and did not loose anything. Yesterday I went over and this morning I have lost. My sodium was over the top too. It just does not make sense. I have not been able to make it to the gym the last few days and now I am losing again. I guess I should not make sense of it and just home it continues.

going2bskinny
10-31-2012, 12:07 PM
It's probably mostly water weight Lishar just keep up the good work it will come back down again.

ChickieBoom
10-31-2012, 12:32 PM
I don't have a digital scale so I can't get an exact weight but the needle was just below 220. I'm not going to claim the next weight down until the needle is firmly on the next number and hopefully that will be next week. Hope everyone is doing well!

Pink Hurricane
10-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Just a quick update! Finally dropped back down from 229 and was 226.6 this morning. I am thinking about doing away with daily weigh ins and only weighing in on my official weigh in day. I think I get too reliant on what the scale is showing me and it discourages me more than encourages me. Just thinking about making that change might help me.

Also, I completed day 3 of the 30 day shred this morning, definitely start to feel a difference in my strength and endurance. I don't want to stop! I took pictures and measurements before I began so when I complete the program I can compare the differences and share them with everyone!

Another super busy day, this week is flying by and I have so much to do within a month's time right now things are just insane!

ChickieBoom
10-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Just a quick update! Finally dropped back down from 229 and was 226.6 this morning. I am thinking about doing away with daily weigh ins and only weighing in on my official weigh in day. I think I get too reliant on what the scale is showing me and it discourages me more than encourages me. Just thinking about making that change might help me.

My official weigh in day is Saturday but I find myself jumping on the scale during the week. I don't ever record the number until Saturday but it's a little ridiculous how much the number on the scale can effect my mood for the rest of the day. I try really hard to only weigh once a week but it's like I need to know. I keep thinking that once I get down to a certain weight, I'll stop freaking out about it but the number keeps changing.

Fatness
10-31-2012, 04:32 PM

Also, I completed day 3 of the 30 day shred this morning, definitely start to feel a difference in my strength and endurance. I don't want to stop! I took pictures and measurements before I began so when I complete the program I can compare the differences and share them with everyone!

Another super busy day, this week is flying by and I have so much to do within a month's time right now things are just insane!

This is great Pink, I know you been working so hard and it is paying off! Keep up the good work! :carrot:

2times2much
10-31-2012, 09:05 PM
I hope Halloween is treating everyone nicely! We had several goblins visit us tonight! All candy, chips, bagged Chex mix, Gargettos, and such have found other homes! Some gals came around collecting for the food pantry. They got all sorts of Ritz crackers and boxed stuff that I don't need, and that DH doesn't eat much of! (At least he won't be now!). LOL

I had an interview today. It went okay. I'm quite confident, but disappointed to learn that the position doesn't pay what I thought it should based on my research. :(

Only a few more weeks until vacation! I sure hope I'll fit in the smaller shorts I got for the trip! I couldn't find a suitable swimsuit so I did some sewing/alterations on the one I have. Maybe next season a new swimsuit will look a little better on me!

Enygirl
11-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Okay - things are moving back down now. I'm not sure WHAT happened! This morning, #225.8 for the start of the month. I'm working hard to be in the next board in a few weeks. I was SO close! #10 goal for November. I can do this!!!

MizMelis
11-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Things have been moving quite nicely the past couple of weeks. I officially have lost 50 lbs as of this morning and i'm just a pound away from getting out of the 220's altogether. Plus my birthday is saturday and i'm really excited to get out of the house lol

jrkessle
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
yesterday on the scale i hit 228.4, and this morning i was at 227.6 :D SO GLAD TO BE OUT OF THE 230s!!! Hopefully within about 10 days I will be in the 210s! i love cutting complex carbs because the weight just drops within 2 days!

Enygirl
11-02-2012, 10:37 AM
:yay: jrkessle! Great job on the new "decade." I'm so looking forward to being OUT of the #220s forever!!

Question: Has anyone ever done Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30? I started it yesterday, and OMG! The moves aren't much different (many are the same as) 30 Day Shred, but the progression! WOAH! I seriously almost puked during the 20 minutes yesterday, and by the end, I couldn't do a side lunge because my legs were SO tired! I know that I'm in pretty okay shape; I just finished 30 Day Shred last week.. but HOLY COW!!

Can't wait to do it again. ;)

Enygirl
11-03-2012, 09:42 AM
So I had the BF take measurements for me this morning. From last month, I lost a total of 4.75" off my body. :) 30 Day Shred WORKS!

Ripped in 30 is NO JOKE! I'm excited to see where I am after this month. :)

Lishar
11-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Hello Ladies. I got down to 229 but have seem to creep up a lb or two after. Probably water but I am not sure why. I am so ready to be out of the 230's.

I just got back from the gym and had the best workout. I started trying to lift heavy and its amazing. I was lifting so much less than I actually could. I keep trying and lifting more. When I started I was leg pressing 80lbs. I just did 190 today. Its an amazing feeling. Next time I will be bench pressing with the bar instead of the dumbells. I am nervous about that.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

facingfacts12
11-03-2012, 10:14 PM
just an update to say I'm still at 238 unfortunately :( I realize that part of that is that time of the month. I bet I'm retaining water. Several times during the past week I would hit 236.5 but then it would go back up to 238.
I did have one day of being bad where I know I ate more than I should have, but other than that I know I did relatively well.

I'm kinda dissappointed for this having been the first week. I was hoping to kick start this with more than a 2 pound loss (that happened within the first few days). I have to keep going and maybe even ramp things up a little to see a bigger loss. I'm feeling like my metabolism took a major dump this year. I am scared that this journey is going to be harder than its ever been - but all the more reason why I can't have my head buried in the sand anymore.

I am SO hoping to finally be on my way and it would be good to see the 220s again.... I was there for a brief time in February this year and then things went downhill.

kmstacy
11-04-2012, 08:06 AM
weighed in today at 225..been stalling past several weeks

Lishar
11-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Well hopefully this means I really am in the 220's down to 228.2 this morning. Fingers crossed I don't go up again. I am really happy today. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Fatness
11-04-2012, 02:31 PM
just an update to say I'm still at 238 unfortunately :( I realize that part of that is that time of the month. I bet I'm retaining water. Several times during the past week I would hit 236.5 but then it would go back up to 238.
I did have one day of being bad where I know I ate more than I should have, but other than that I know I did relatively well.

I'm kinda dissappointed for this having been the first week. I was hoping to kick start this with more than a 2 pound loss (that happened within the first few days). I have to keep going and maybe even ramp things up a little to see a bigger loss. I'm feeling like my metabolism took a major dump this year. I am scared that this journey is going to be harder than its ever been - but all the more reason why I can't have my head buried in the sand anymore.

I am SO hoping to finally be on my way and it would be good to see the 220s again.... I was there for a brief time in February this year and then things went downhill.

I understand how you feel. A lot of people won't Admit it; but your digestive system could be the problem. It takes longer to break down meat; such as steaks. Plus if you have a slow metabolism, the food will be there a while.

While I'm mostly on a salad diet, I do have a lil taste of meat and I notice when I do eat meat; it just sits there in my body and the scale does not move.
What helps get the scale moving is Prune juice. Helps the digestive system.

I drink this starting Friday until Sunday and it works all the time. We tend to forget that our body breaks down food slow because if we had a fast metabolism, we would not be fat.

Again try the prune juice.. Cost$1.00 at Dollar Tree and Walmart has the same brand for$3.28

Garnet2727
11-04-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm holding steady at 232. Travelling for my job has really thrown me for a loop. Oh well, at least I didn't gain this last week! I traveled today from Michigan to North Dakota for a week. I hope I can stay on the wagon this time.

Fatness
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm holding steady at 232. Travelling for my job has really thrown me for a loop. Oh well, at least I didn't gain this last week! I traveled today from Michigan to North Dakota for a week. I hope I can stay on the wagon this time.

That's great! I know you feel very good about not gaining. Keep up the goods work

Enygirl
11-05-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm EXTREMELY happy to report that all the extra weight I put back on during the crazy stress and unexpected guests. PLUS some! :) Woot woo! :yay:

Down #2.8 this week to #224.2! :dance: Keep on going girls!

healthyginger
11-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Good Morning,

:D So happy today-all weekend in fact. As of Sat. I am no longer morbidly obese. I'm still in the 30's at 232 but this mini goal of letting go of the "morbidly" part of obese is a big deal to me. I HATE THAT "MORBID" WORD :devil: So happy:) to just be obese. Lost 3 pds this week to reach tis mini goal.

MizMelis
11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I am so pleased to update that i am officially out of the 220's as of this morning !!! weighed in at 219. I don't ever want to see the 220's again lol

Lishar
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Congrats MizMelis woohoo and I hope you don't come back. Hehehe. Great job.

healthyginger Congratulation on your mini goal. Thats great. 3lbs in a week amazing.

Enygirl Great getting that extra weight off. It seems like we are on a roll.

Garnet2727 I find eating out stalls my loss. I think its the salt they put in everything. I have tried to eat out less the last few weeks and watch my sodium. My suggestions would be to drink more water to try and flush it out.

Big news for me is I am now at 227.2. I was amazed to step on the scale today and see a pound less. I was expecting to see it go up again. I have been doing this the last month. down then up for 5 days then back down but no real loss per say. As the British say I was gobsmacked.

Pink Hurricane
11-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow everyone is doing so great! I feel a little out of the loop because things have been so dang hectic around here for me.

I'm still holding steady in the upper to mid 220s and just hoping for a nice little whoosh soon. I completed Day 7 of the 30 Day Shred today and I can tell it is definitely almost time to move up to level 2. I really hope that I can see my weight drop below 224 soon, we shall see. This morning I was at 227, it would be great to see a good drop by the end of the week.

Enygirl
11-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Good Morning,

:D So happy today-all weekend in fact. As of Sat. I am no longer morbidly obese. I'm still in the 30's at 232 but this mini goal of letting go of the "morbidly" part of obese is a big deal to me. I HATE THAT "MORBID" WORD :devil: So happy:) to just be obese. Lost 3 pds this week to reach tis mini goal.

This is AWESOME! :congrats: on your mini-goal!

I am so pleased to update that i am officially out of the 220's as of this morning !!! weighed in at 219. I don't ever want to see the 220's again lol

:yay: Hooray for the new decade! Go forth and join the next board... we'll see you there soon! :D

Wow everyone is doing so great! I feel a little out of the loop because things have been so dang hectic around here for me.

I'm still holding steady in the upper to mid 220s and just hoping for a nice little whoosh soon. I completed Day 7 of the 30 Day Shred today and I can tell it is definitely almost time to move up to level 2. I really hope that I can see my weight drop below 224 soon, we shall see. This morning I was at 227, it would be great to see a good drop by the end of the week.

Pink - I'm not sure how "fit" you are, but with 30 Day Shred I didn't lose that much weight. The reason was because I was building a TON of muscle. I was pretty flabby and no muscle tone when I started it. If you don't see a big whoosh with it, DON'T get discouraged! Every day I felt more energy, I see muscles now, and I HAVE VISIBLE COLLAR BONES! Also, I lost 4.75" off my body in that 1 month... SO WORTH IT!

MizMelis
11-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Lishar- Thank you !

I have joined the next board lol but i still may pop by every once in a while to keep cheering all you wonderful people on !!

Fatness
11-06-2012, 07:51 AM

You will get their pink!
Waiting for you beautiful ladies on the form!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Matilda08
11-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Congrats to those of you that made it out of the 220s Im in NJ we had hurricane sandy and it did a number on me I have been eating like crazy the state has lost power things are starting to get back to normal thank god. I havent weighed in, in about a week but sure Im in the 220s. Hoping to get back on board this week.

VickieLou
11-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Matilda08 I hope things get back to normal soon for You and all the other people affected by Sandy.

My weight is at 237 today. I was off plan for three days and overate. Good Luck, Everyone!

:turkey:

Kat117
11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Was 235.8 today. I haven't seen that number in 6 years!! Getting there one meal at a time.

Pink Hurricane
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Enygirl- I have heard that about the 30DS that you tend to lose inches more than pounds, so that is one thing I am trying to keep in mind. Thank you for re-enforcing that thought though, I took measurements and pics before I began, and this afternoon for the heck of it I was curious about my arms because I am already noticing a bit of a difference, and I've already lost an inch from my arms and I just completed Day 8! So that made me feel good! :)

Your results from 30DS are awesome!!! :carrot: Are you going to do another round of it or are you going to try something new?

Fatness- Thank you! I'm just trying to chug along and make it happen, how are you doing today?

Matilda- Glad to know you are safe, my husband's good friend is from NJ and his family's neighborhood was hit really hard. He is up there right now trying to help his family get everything back together and they were all safe too thank goodness. I wouldn't worry about weight at this point, you guys are going through a lot, but I think it's great you are wanting to get back on plan next week!

Vickie- No worries, you can always hop back on plan again, and that's not a terrible gain anyways! :)

Kat- CONGRATS!!!!!! :hat: Keep up the great work, and like you said you will get there one meal and one day at a time!

I completed Day 8 of the 30 Day Shred this morning and I feel on fire! :lol: I think tomorrow will be my final day of Level 1 because I feel very comfortable with the moves now (modified push ups though lol) and I think it's time to bump it up to Level 2. I took my measurements before I began, I can already tell a difference in my arms so I am hoping to look more tone and lose a good amount of inches from it! Still sitting at 226-227, I just want to be back under 225 again, I was just there a couple of weeks ago!

Also, ordered our cake for the reception we are having in December, it's cupcakes, and so cute!

Fatness
11-06-2012, 05:34 PM
I am good miss pretty! Trying to get homework done and run the house. It's been so cold lately and planet fitness does not help with those big ceiling fans blowing hard... The night. Is still young and headed to do homework... Hope you had a good day!

2times2much
11-07-2012, 02:09 AM
I've been at 230 all week! Last week I hit 229, reaching my monthly goal for October. November isn't going to be easy if I can't get a grip, and motivate that scale to MOVE.

My DS told me the funniest thing ever... Always cut your dessert in 2. That way it has 1/2 the calories, and you can eat twice as much! He cracks me up! That logic reminds me of ME and what got me into this shape (literally)!! ;)

Several days in arrow I have had lasagna. Hate to have it go to waste! Instead it's going to WAIST--mine! It's gone. Hope I can behave now!

Enygirl
11-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Pink - I WILL go back to 30DS, but this month I'm doing Jillian's Ripped in 30. Same set up as 30DS, but a lot harder. Most of the moves are the same, but for example, week one for RI30 has a lot of the moves from level 2 of 30DS. I'm feeling amazing, and with this one I'm losing weight, as well as inches! I HIGHLY suggest it!

I'm happy that I've been in the lower #220s all week. Maybe I'll be able to join the next board by the end of next week.. that would be AMAZING! :D

VickieLou
11-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Pink Keep up the Great Job with 30 ds! I tried it once and was so sore the next day. I need to get out my dvd and try it again.

Good Luck, Everyone!

I weighed in at 234.8 today. I hope to be in the 220's sometime this month.

going2bskinny
11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
232.5 today my weight has been yoyoing and very hard to get it to drop even though I haven't been over eating or eating bad foods but almost outta the 30s can't wait to see 20s on the scale. I'm happy I was good on Halloween but now comes thanks giving Christmas and New Years lol I really want to get in my skinny clothes I bought I think I need to get to at least 150 in order to get in most of em so that's motivating me and I want all this weight gone by next summer and then to only have to worry about getting mega toned

Keep it up everybody!!

I'm gonna check into these workouts u guys are doing lol think ill join ya!

Lishar
11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
We ate out at Red Robin last night and I indulged. I was not over my goal if you count in my exercise calories. I was way over my sodium. So I was not suprised today to see a 3lbs gain. So my goal today is to flush out that extra water and salt. Drink my water is going to be my mantra today.

I hope everyone is having a great Hump day. Remember you are wonderful and amazing. Never forget that.

jrkessle
11-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I've lost 4 pounds so I'm at 226! Soooo close to not being in the 220s ever again!

2times2much
11-07-2012, 08:20 PM
It was a good on plan day today. The scale showed 229 again! Waiting to change the ticker to see if it's for real! I sure like that # better than 230! But either of them are better than 310!! Making progress!

I got a very loud compliment today. Almost embarrassing when the gal said WOW YOU'VE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT! I AM really proud of that, but I wasn't really wanting to make a huge announcement! Still made me smile though! :D

Has anyone got any plans for Thanksgiving on keeping the portion/calories under control? I figured it would be a splurge day, but just wondered what you all do. I was thinking of having some low cal items. Like salad, fruit with Splenda, veggies. I might want to rethink the bacon covered turkey idea I had!!!

going2bskinny
11-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Scale says 231 tonight yay I'm getting very excited to see 229 I want out of these 30s finally!! I'm happy about that.

Congrats 2times good job keep it up and everyone else too.

For thanksgiving I have a plan I'm gonna stay away from all the food everyone else is eating and buy myself a Boston market turkey medallion frozen dinner and make some extra green beans with it and just eat that while everyone else has the other food.

Then for desert later if they are all eating pumpkin pie or something I will have a honey graham 1 or 2 squares with some pumpkin butter from trader joes on it and some cool whip tastes just like mini pumpkin pie

I keep the cool whip frozen as well so it also tastes like ice cream on top so good

going2bskinny
11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm also getting so excited to see 199 as well I feel so close!!!

Fatness
11-08-2012, 01:31 AM
I've lost 4 pounds so I'm at 226! Soooo close to not being in the 220s ever again!

You go girl ! Keep up the good work

Fatness
11-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Scale says 231 tonight yay I'm getting very excited to see 229 I want out of these 30s finally!! I'm happy about that.

Congrats 2times good job keep it up and everyone else too.

For thanksgiving I have a plan I'm gonna stay away from all the food everyone else is eating and buy myself a Boston market turkey medallion frozen dinner and make some extra green beans with it and just eat that while everyone else has the other food.

Then for desert later if they are all eating pumpkin pie or something I will have a honey graham 1 or 2 squares with some pumpkin butter from trader joes on it and some cool whip tastes just like mini pumpkin pie

I keep the cool whip frozen as well so it also tastes like ice cream on top so good

I will do the same thing.. I am cooking deserts for the family. I think I will buy them instead of cooking some because I might eat it. Try my best not to eat any of it! Lol....

Enygirl
11-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm so ready to be out of the 220s! #223.6 this morning... getting so close! I'll be ecstatic if I can hit my November goal of #215.8 early!

Still working out doing Ripped in 30. I'm starting week 2 today... kinda nervous; it's a tough one!

Today is also the boyfriend's birthday. I have to be extra good since I'm making a German chocolate cake for him. Luckily he wants grilled chicken sandwiches for dinner. ;) Tomorrow night we're going out to a fancy steakhouse; didn't have a sitter tonight.

Making it through the end of the year is going to be tough, but I know we all can do it!

VickieLou
11-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I weighed in at 232 today. I'm almost out of the 230's. I hope to be down to 225 by the end of this month. Good Luck, Everyone!

Fatness
11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
You ladies can do it! Congrats on the pounds shredded ! That cake sounds good! Mail me some..lol.

2times2much
11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Wow, you gals impress me every day with your determination and efforts!! Way to go! Sure makes me feel lazy! No gym, or exercise stuff happening at my house. I did trim the bushes and did the final Fall yard clean up today. That counts as exercise for me! For the last 9 years, I've had my butt planted in on office chair! Yesterday I scrubbed the floors...all of them! I figure any time that I'm not sitting, I'm doing better than I was. I'm just not ready for a full blown routine of running/jumping/lifting activity yet. I'm getting there slow but sure!

You are all good motivation for me! Keep up the good work!

Meka150
11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
After a week and a half on vacation I was up 2lbs. As of yesterday I am finally back down to what my ticker says. Hoping to be down to my next mini by mid month.

going2bskinny
11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Scale says 230.5 today my weight loss seems a little slow I wonder what I can tweak about my diet to fix that it's been yoyoing only thing I can think of is maybe I'm eating too much fat cuz I've been cooking eggs in some olive oil and I sautéed mushrooms the other day in olive oils so I'm thinking ill switch to boiled eggs and only steam my veggies for a while and see if I can lose more steady again. Also I need to start trying to be better drinking my water. So will see how it goes from here.

I know how ya feel 2times I have a leg injury right now and already had a bad knee on same leg so I haven't been exercising again for a while. I have to be real careful. I'm trying to muster the courage to go swimming though at the gym since I already have a membership maybe that would be easier for you too.

Good luck everyone congrats on all your losses! Keep it up.

VickieLou
11-09-2012, 11:03 AM
I weighed in at 230.2 today, so almost out of the 230's. Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 239
CW: 230.2 ( -8.8)
GW: 219

Misti in Seattle
11-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I made it!! I'm here!!!

Yaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I can't believe I finally made it into this thread!!! Especially since 230 is a super important major mini-goal for me!!!

Yippppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lishar
11-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Glad to see you here Misti. I love your new pictures BTW.

Misti in Seattle
11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Thank you, Lishar!!

kmstacy
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I am down 1 pound this week...the weight loss has really slowed down the past month and a half..I know it is because I am not sticking to my plan as I should..I have been making little excuses..kids are sick, I am sick...time to get back on track! even if I feel to sick to prep the veggies..lol

Garnet2727
11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Woohooo Misti!!!!!

Misti in Seattle
11-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks Garnet! LOL I have been reading this thread for so long and anxious to belong here that I still feel almost guilty posting. :)

going2bskinny
11-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Hey misti yaaaaaaay congrats welcome to the thread and congrats on hitting your goal as well!! Missed you glad you are joining us now :hug: keep it up all :D

VickieLou
11-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Misti in Seattle Glad to see you here. Cute picture! I weighed in at 229 today. Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 239
CW: 229 ( - 10)
GW: 219

Misti in Seattle
11-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi VickieLou and going2b

Nice to see both of you again! :)

Wow, VickieLou, I see you are in the 220s. Way to go!! :dancer:

Enygirl
11-10-2012, 10:47 AM
There are no words to describe yesterday. I didn't count calories all day, and logged them at the end. 2556... yeah. The boyfriend and I spent a day celebrating his birthday... which meant eating out..a lot. needless to say, I was back up to #226.8 this morning. Praying I can un do the sodium and extra calorie damage by completely clean eating today and tomorrow!

Misti in Seattle
11-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Enygirl, hey, don't beat yourself up over this! Think of it this way.... 2556 calories is really NOT that much of a "binge"!!! For most of us here, there have probably been days when we have eaten at least TWICE that.

You are doing great! Keep it up!! Just put this one behind you and keep going.

Enygirl
11-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks Misti! And :welcome: I know that the day could've been a LOT worse; I've had them. ;)

I ate clean yesterday, and will today. Hopefully I can get rid of the rest of the sodium damage from Friday. I should have made better choices, but honestly, I had such a great day with the boyfriend, I wouldn't take it back. :D Tomorrow's the official weigh in day... we'll see. :D

Misti in Seattle
11-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Good for you! I admit I had to laugh a bit at your thinking 2556 calories was a "binge." In the old days we would have been just getting started on that.

NO real damage done ha ha

Garnet2727
11-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Weigh in day and I maintained at 232. Whew! I traveled for business last week and that's always a big challenge for me diet wise. In addition, even though I got home Friday afternoon, I am still retaining water like the Hoover Dam. My fingers look like sausages and my feet and ankles are... Well, somewhere in those swollen, throbbing masses are feet and ankles.

Sometimes, the scale not moving is a victory!

Fatness
11-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello ladies just checking in! I see you ladies kicking those pounds off! Keep up the good work!

going2bskinny
11-11-2012, 07:28 PM
229.5 today yay :D

2times2much
11-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Just made it to the 220-somethings. Gonna have to be good this week! I would really like to get to the 2-teens before our trip to Hawaii in 3 weeks! Besides, all the clothes that I bought that were tight, will be a lot more comfortable!! LOL!

Today was not a very exciting day. Never stepped foot outside. Ended up spending hours reading/studying for a state exam, and then did a little more studying on how to properly work our SLR camera. I'm feeling a little google-eyed for reading so much!

Welcome Misti! Fatness, it looks like you're about ready to move on. ;) Everyone is doing so great! That is awesome!

Misti in Seattle
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Hello everyone.

I am happy to be in this room finally but would like to get away from being the fattest chick here. :) I don't like being at the very top of the thread so hopefully that will change soon.

Here is to a successful week to all of you.

Meka150
11-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Misti at one point we were all the biggest chick in the room. :) Keep at it and you will soon be leaving this thread too.

I weighed in today at 227.6 finally back on track after that vacation. Now not to think of thanksgiving as a vacation :?:

Enygirl
11-12-2012, 10:40 AM
2time2much - :woohoo: on the new decade! I'm sorking to get in the teens right along with you!

Misti - We've all been there... just keep working girl! :)

So today's weigh in went GOOD (considering the week I had.) Down #.4 to #223.8. I really need to bust my butt and get into the 2teens!

Lishar
11-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I was down to 227 last week. Then up to 230 and now trying to get back to 227 again. I seem to do this up/down thing. I am no sure why. I eat on plan and exercise. I wonder if God is telling me to let it go. That it will happen in its own time. Maybe its another reason not to weigh daily. I am not sure but I do know one thing. That its very frustrating.

2times2much
11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Enygirl, thanks! We can do it!! These gals remind me every day that it CAN be done! Beer country? Are you from Wisconsin too?

Meka, you are right when addressing Misti. We were all the biggest at some point! It does feel good to progress to the next lower thread though! Some go through the journey faster than others, but if we keep at it, it will eventually be US!

Lishar, it really is frustrating when the scale has so much attitude isn't it? The scale was kind to me today, but will likely have a changed/higher number to report tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a great week, with lots of WL progress! :carrot:

Brandnewday
11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
I made it! I weighed in at 239.8 this morning, so I'm jumping in. I am very happy to meet you, but I hope I don't stay too long :D.

I can't begin to describe how happy I am to be in the 230's. I can't even remember the last time I was this weight (because I'm sure I was heavily into my denial phase), but judging from the clothes that fit me now it has to have been at least 5 years. And I feel so much better!

2times2much
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Woohoo! Congrats and Welcome to Brandnewday! Glad you caught up, or down in this case. ;)

225 on the scale. 1/2 way to my monthly goal and nearly 1/2 way to the middle of the month...right on track! :D

Elladorine
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
I've been going through a little mini-plateau as I've been hanging right around 233 for about a month. I had a horrible case of the munchies on Friday but I still managed to stay under control. But the next morning? I came down with some kind of stomach bug. It festered uncomfortably for several hours until the entire contents of my stomach came back up and the rest of what was left in me was quickly evacuated in the other direction. :o My appetite didn't come back at all until Saturday and my craving for excess munchies has been gone ever since. :dizzy:

My scale at home isn't the most accurate thing in the world, but it looks like I might be having a woosh for my official weigh-in tomorrow night (like I said, my appetite is back so I've been eating normally for a few days). I really hope so, as I'm so anxious to get to the 220's! please please please :^:

going2bskinny
11-14-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm back in the 30s after drinking too much alcohol one sad day lol hope it comes back down soon I really regret it I didn't eat all that day so thought it would be ok but it really did a number on me.

I'm going through something very bad right now as well not giving up on my diet or anything but feel like giving up on everything else.

going2bskinny
11-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Welcome brandnew that's great!!

Misti in Seattle
11-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Yay Brandnewday! You made it! Congrats!!

I keep bouncing back up into the low 40s but that is okay since I have stayed on plan and I did make it here so plan to stay ha ha. I really do think it is all the hard workouts that make the scale move so slowly since I can tell my clothes are getting bigger on me.

going2bskinny
11-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I feel like I keep blowing up with fat even though I haven't been overeating since I drank too much. Really hope I didn't mess myself up for too long. I have a thyroid issue I really regret the drinking. Oh well I'll just keep it up what else can ya do.

I can relate to that misti when I was working out really hard before I hurt my leg the scale would never go down but I knew I was losing be happy then cuz your building muscle woo!! Good job!

Enygirl
11-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Brande - :wave: welcome!

2times2much - Yes, I'm in Wisconsin - moved here a little over a year ago from Michigan. The boyfriend is in grad school at UWM. :)

Ella - I'm sorry you were sick. :( I'm glad the munchies were under control, but what a way to get rid of them! Yuck! Also... what was the verdict on the weigh in???

going2bskinny
11-14-2012, 10:56 PM
took a bath tonight and weighed myself after scale says 230 again after saying 233 earlier today dunno whats going on least its going back down though now hope it continues. I'm going to get even more strict with my diet starting tomorrow I need to get this weight off by this coming summer so I can have the fun part of toning all summer also i really really want to go swimming at the gym with my membership I have but am too embarresed to go :( and also help my pcos symptoms and thyroid.

Kat117
11-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Having a bit of a hard time moving down... sitting between 231.6 - 232.4. I soooooo can't wait to see 220s - it will have been many many many years since they and I were aquainted.

Kat
SW - 280
CW - 231.8
GW - 120

Elladorine
11-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Ella - I'm sorry you were sick. :( I'm glad the munchies were under control, but what a way to get rid of them! Yuck! Also... what was the verdict on the weigh in???
Thanks! :hug: It's all good, at least these things pass as quickly as they begin; I hadn't been sick in ages and sort of enjoyed the forced rest, so maybe these things happen for a reason? :lol: Luckily the munchies are still totally under control! :D My husband was away for a few days on a business trip and I stayed completely focused on eating well to get my strength back up. And as soon as I was feeling better, I found myself to be rather restless and took a short walk to the store. That's lead me to take longer and longer walks since; this morning I managed to get in over 3.5 miles. :)

Oh, and my weigh-in last night . . . OMG, I'm so excited . . . I was at 229.75! THAT MEANS I'M OFFICIALLY JUST OBESE!!! :carrot: Er, sorry for yelling. :D It's only the third time in my entire adult life that I've been down to the 220's, which is when my BMI dips below 35.

I felt like doing cartwheels when I jumped off the scale but I'd have probably hurt myself. ;)

2times2much
11-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Great Elladorine! That is exciting! LOL at the cartwheels!

I took a new job quite a ways away from home. I had appts. today, and took my Mom with me. We stopped for pizza buffet. That was yummy. But, so was the pizza buffet yesterday at my first day of work... I can see this is a trend that needs to STOP!

Other good or bad news--depending how you look at it. I got several 3X blouses a couple months ago, and they are getting too big. Many I haven't even gotten a chance to wear yet. I might have to dig out the sewing machine! I maybe should have gotten 2X blouses, but I was sure it would be summer before I would fit in smaller sizes. :dizzy: I hate too tight of clothes but I don't want to look sloppy at the new office job either.

Misti in Seattle
11-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone!! Well I cranked it today... did an early morning 30 minutes pool workout before work and went back tonight for 70 minutes... came home and evening weight was 240, yay, that's a low. I'll bounce back down into the 30s again very quickly now in morning weight. Anyway I made it to this thread and I am not leaving LOLOL

healthyginger
11-17-2012, 05:26 PM
elladorine ! Way to go! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah You!!! I made it to obese last week also- isn't it the greatest. Only we gals in the 100 pd club get this. I'm down anothe 2 pds this week and have now lost 50 pds!!! I am so excited about this AND this puts me at 229!!! Officially into the 20's. Yeah Me!!

Garnet2727
11-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Woohoo Elladorine!

hamlette
11-18-2012, 10:21 AM
hello all,
hope everyones well :) im also posting in the locking horns with the 230's and 220's club over at 20-somethings but things have been really really quiet there so i thought i'd post here as well,,,,, :) ,,,, ive currently been stuck at 229.2 for like 4 days now and hope the scales starts showing some respect,,, i weigh in daily so hopefully tomorrow morning will bring some better tidings

Garnet2727
11-18-2012, 10:29 AM
After 3 weeks of holding steady at 232, I dropped 2 pounds this week. Woot!

Lishar
11-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Not making much progress but still staying on plan. 227 today. Trying to stay motivated to exercise. Not making much progress in that department either. Olderst DD is sick so no gym this weekend. I may try and do some just dance with the kids on the WII.

Great job everyone even if the scale is not moving you are still trying.

Misti in Seattle
11-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Congrats on all your success stories!

After being stuck and bouncing up into the 240s lately, today I decided to really crank it! I had a substantial breakfast so decided just a banana was okay for lunch before my pool workout. Did 80 minutes... then home and 25 minute walk in the rain. Weighed in at 239 which have never gotten in the afternoon.

going2bskinny
11-19-2012, 03:31 AM
Yay congrats misti I have been bouncing up and down still I feel like I'm gaining a lot of fat like my stomach looks bigger but the scale keeps saying like 233 just now it said 232.5 which I'm kinda worried I'm losing muscle then and gaining fat I've been doing what I can but can't do much with my leg injury. I want to go to the pool but just can't :( I don't look good in any bathing suit whatsoever. And wearing clothes basically is embarresing. I'm tweaking my diet though again starting tomorrow so hopefully it starts dropping and also I think I'm gonna just skip thanksgiving all together and stay on my plan. If I want this all off by summer and to be in my nice clothes that are waiting I really can't afford to cheat at all or eat haha :P I wanna see those 20s again too!!

Pink Hurricane
11-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Finally back at 225.6, almost back to where I was a few weeks ago at 224.6. Things are absolutely insane right now, between the holidays coming and planning our big ceremony and reception I have not had much time for anything. Regardless I have been staying on plan and trying to fit in a little bit of exercise. My husband's best friend and his best friend's wife will be coming to stay with us next week, and I am looking forward to that. His best friend is going to be his best man, just like my hubby was his best man at his wedding a couple of years ago. :)

Had my final fitting for my dress and I love the way it looks. I am a little insecure about how big my arms are but I realize no one is going to be focused on my arms haha. I just wish they were a little smaller. No biggie though, one day they will be!

Misti in Seattle
11-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Good morning, everyone.

going2bskinny, I am sorry you won't just go jump into that pool as I am doing. You weigh LESS than I do!! Is it embarrassing? Yes, although I am getting used to it. A LOT of people swim in shorts and a tank top, which is what I do.

I just bought more water workout equipment... it is a fantastic workout and if I have to swallow my pride to get in shape then that is what I will do.

I still want to encourage you to just go do it!!!! There are people a lot fatter than I am who get into the pool and even if there aren't, the strength and toning I am getting is worth a bit of embarrassment!!!

It really will help tone you up and gain muscle!!! I know that is why I am having trouble losing weight but people are also commenting on how much peppier I am and also how much my complexion as improved. Water exercise does wonderful things for you.

Fatness
11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Just checking on you ladies and see you ladies are doing good! Keep up the good work.

Lishar
11-19-2012, 01:36 PM
I agree with Misti water exercise is great. They have water zumba at the Y by my house. I see many woman much bigger than I sweating in the water. All I think is good for them. I ended up buying a tankini last year. It has a little skirt and top that goes down to meet it. No belly showing. I love it I feel less self concious about my butt/upper legs. One nice thing is the 3x I bought last year is getting too big. I am happy but also sad because its the first suit in a long time I have felt confortable wearing.

After having zero motivation and not leaving the couch much this weekend I did loose 1.5 lbs. SO now I am 225 which I am over the moon about. That makes my total lost at 40lbs. :carrot::carrot::carrot: Oh ya oh ya oh ya gone and hopefully always forgotten.

I am going to get the the gym today and get back on track. My knee was hurting last week and hopefully this weekend has given it a chance to heal up.

Elladorine
11-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Thank you so much everyone! :hug: I've officially lost over 130 now . . . only about 80 more to go. :dizzy: I'm looking forward to the next 15 so I can weigh less than my husband. :D

hamlette
11-19-2012, 03:19 PM
amazing accomplishment elladorine,,,, how long did it take you to lose 130 lbs???

Elladorine
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
amazing accomplishment elladorine,,,, how long did it take you to lose 130 lbs???
Thanks! It's taken quite a while, I first got serious about weight loss at the end of 2004 when I was at my highest weight, so I've been going on 8 years now. :o I go through phases where I lose 20-40 pounds, then maintain for eons (at one point I maintained for two whole years) before I get serious again and start losing another 20-40 pounds or so. I've only had one major gain since 2004, and that was about 25 pounds last winter; I've since taken it back off and then some (whew)!

I'm on a roll again and hope that I can get out of the 220's altogether before my birthday. :^: I've never been under the 220's . . . well, at least not since middle school! :o

hamlette
11-20-2012, 05:01 AM
Congratulations on being consistent ,,,, good job and hopefully ull be under the 220's soon!!!!! :)

Enygirl
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Ella - you're awesome! :) And a complete inspiration!

TOM ended - I used today's weigh in for the weekly "official" Down #.2 from last week. Not a lot, but I wasn't very diligent this week. TOM, 2 days of not tracking or working out. I'm in this for the long haul... I'll hit my goal! Right now, i'm more excited about the extra endurance and inches lost than anything. :)

I really wish I'd lose some from my "spare tire" area. It's my biggest problem area, and I have a lot of pants I still can't fit into because of it. :(

hamlette
11-21-2012, 05:22 AM
Down 2 lbs from yesterday,,, thankfully the scale has started moving in the right direction :D ,,,, have presentations at uni on thursday, friday and monday with a paper due on wednesday,,, aaahhhhh,, plus my brother in law is coming over from the US and will be staying over for the weekend so lots to do there 2,,, as i already have anxiety issues, im hoping ill be able to cope with the stressful situations coming up and not derail my effort,,,,

going2bskinny
11-21-2012, 10:58 AM
230.5 today been stalling out for a while now i seen 229 like a week and a half ago or something so this kinda bums me out glad its so close though again i hope to see the 20s again in the next few days or by tomorrow *fingers crossed* I'm going to be very strict on my diet!!

Lishar
11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I was not able to weigh in today. DH made me breakfast in bed. So I ate before being able to weigh. Not to sad about it because I enjoyed my breakfast. I don't think he has ever done that in 18 years we have been married. I think he appreciates how I am looking :love:

DD has been sick so no gym time for me since Friday. Its nice having a break. I just need to get back into the routine again.

Misti in Seattle
11-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Glad to see the progress being made.

I am still stuck at 239 LOL but by now I am getting used to it. :) But my clothes are definitely getting bigger... I tried on the next size down of pants this morning and could wear them. Also my chiro commented yesterday that she can see and feel that I am getting smaller.

going2bskinny
11-22-2012, 11:24 AM
228.5 today yay 20s are back

Yay that's great misti your building muscle that's even better than having the scale go down long as u can tell ur losing wooot keep it up