100 lb. Club - October Roll Call

View Full Version : October Roll Call

SmallSteps
10-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Check in when you are on the forum and say Hi!!

patchworkpenguin
10-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Great idea! I'm here for my morning checkin, posting what I'm doing today, what workout I'm supposed to do {since I've posted it I actually have to do it, right}, and to see what everyone else has to say, and what they are up to.

SmallSteps
10-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Great idea! I'm here for my morning checkin, posting what I'm doing today, what workout I'm supposed to do {since I've posted it I actually have to do it, right}, and to see what everyone else has to say, and what they are up to.

:wave: Good to see you today!!

Pink Hurricane
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
:wave:

Bonjour! I'm checking in for the day, glad we are bringing more life to this forum!

dangerouscurvesahead
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
hello ladies~
just getting done with a partial workout at the Y. gotta stop by my daughters school tosign papers n pick my son up at votech, take him home then come back to the Y to do a skype interview with tv producer ugh wish me luck im sooooo nervous!

Elladorine
10-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone! :wave: Great idea for a thread. :D

I'm sitting here having my morning smoothie. I'm a little late in having my breakfast since I had to run some early morning errands. I stopped at the dollar store on the way home and some pretty/spooky Halloween-themed costume jewelry caught my eye!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/189210_515578061804402_978462400_n.jpg

Yes, random I know. :p But I've been feeling better lately and thought it would be fun to wear more jewelry like I did when I was younger. ;) You can't really tell from the photo, but the red eye is a rhinestone that sparkles. :D

I'm on day 215 of my reboot plan. I've had good and bad moments, but I'm going the right direction in losing about a pound a week. So, so glad I decided to start a day planner to record my meals last March, which has really helped me stay on top of eating better. I'm looking forward to seeing what my progress will be next March so I can truly understand the saying, "One year from now, you'll be glad you started today."

Oh, and here's a photo of my day planner with my octopus!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/523793_515584161803792_1174924786_n.jpg

Why the octopus? Well, it's a contest someone in my TOPS group came up with. She made a yarn octopus for everyone, and for the first week we each got to take one home and decorate it however we wanted. I made a top hat and cape for mine. :lol: We brought them back the next week and she explained; we get a small prize for every black (non-gain) weigh-in for the duration of the contest. But if we have a red (gain) weigh-in, we must provide a food chart for the week. No food chart? She cuts a leg off! Since I always log my food it's a non-issue and my octopus still has all her legs. But some have pulled out of the contest since they don't want to be cutting up their new little friend!

Here are some of the other ones:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/423901_506029816092560_762781130_n.jpg

It's amazing how we've all gotten attached to our octopi! Mine has become my little mascot, sitting on my kitchen table and watching me as I eat. Motivation comes from strange places! :lol: At my last meeting I was declared best loser of the week, month, and quarter! Methinks all my hard work is paying off. :cloud9:

Ok, enough of my ramblings. Hope everyone is having a wonderful time staying on-plan! :wave:

thinkfit
10-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Hey everyone :wave: Nothing much scheduled for me today, may go out tonight though.

Elladorine, that necklace is awesome! I love cameo jewelry.

sluggerbean
10-05-2012, 02:59 PM
:wave: Howdy!! I have to be at work in an hour, so just a quick stop in to update things. Have a terrific Friday!!

patchworkpenguin
10-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Did my workout and having a late lunch. I just read Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salad, so I'm trying the 'many mini meals a day with protein/carb balance' method. I've tried the mini meals but not the 'balance' part. One thing I like about this is I'm always eating, food addicts dream!

Elladorine, remind me what TOPS is? Your octopi is cute.

Joy, you sound busy!

Elladorine
10-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Elladorine, that necklace is awesome! I love cameo jewelry.
Thanks! I about flipped when I saw it, couldn't believe it was only a dollar. :D

Elladorine, remind me what TOPS is? Your octopi is cute.
Thanks! :) TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly, and is a non-for-profit organization. I'm co-leader of my local chapter, and we have weekly meetings where we weigh-in, have programs, take part in contests, and discuss every aspect of weight loss in a supportive, positive manner. It's cheap to be a member and you're free to follow any plan. And before I sound too much like a commercial, if you're interested in checking them out you can look up chapters in your area on their website. ;)

dangerouscurvesahead
10-05-2012, 05:43 PM
whew! thats all done! not sure where the interview will go now guess just have to wait n see. kids r gone for the night n hubby is going to his 2nd job at cousins so its just me n the dogs n peace n quiet (a rarity)! i swear im busier just being a stay at home mom again then when i worked full-time! but i always make time for 3FC yall keep me motivated n focused on ME! belinda thanx sweety for gettin things moving again... great job jumping in ladies! luv it!

Steph7409
10-05-2012, 06:08 PM
elladorine, I love the octopi. And, like you, I'm trying to wear more jewelry. I bought some neat little pendants but need some good chains to go with them.

Here's some random: I just saw some ad for a movie with Queen Latifah in it. I think she's beautiful! I've seen her on the Letterman show many times and she always exudes confidence and warmth. I have quite the girl crush on her.

Anyway, have a great weekend everybody!

dangerouscurvesahead
10-05-2012, 06:19 PM
steph, i agree about queen shes such an awesome woman, beautiful, talented, full of life!
ella, love the cameo! the other things r adorable too but the cameo wins out lol! ur expecting 1 thing n surprise lol id love to find a piece like that!

patchworkpenguin
10-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Enjoyin, I'm recording it as well. I think it has the potential to be hysterical.

Elladorine, Thanks, I knew TOPS sounded familar.

salsa chip
10-06-2012, 06:02 AM
Afternoon everyone, it's just turned Saturday pm here.

I'm relaxing after a lie-in after Irish dancing last night - third time I've been and I'm noticing the energy boost it gives me, which is awesome! Only problem is that it makes it hard to get to sleep afterwards.

In a bit I'll be cracking on with the household chores, and stuff for work next week. Have a great weekend all!

findingfawn
10-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Good Morning everyone.

I have the most exciting weekend planned.... to do absolutely nothing! Ok I will ding around the house, but we are broker than broke right now so we are stuck at home. Really would be nice if the weather wasn't rain all weekend so we could get out and do something in the outdoors.. but then maybe it's for the best, first day of archery today and we live on the boarder of thousands of acres of state game lands. Don't wanna get shot with an arrow.

Hope everyone has a great day... oh and those octopuses are so flipping cute!!!

dangerouscurvesahead
10-06-2012, 08:19 AM
gmorning ladies!
1st day of deer season here as well (bow) n we live way back in the woods n altho no ones allowed to hunt back here but us, really doesnt mean a thing to alot of ppl. so my dogs have to go on runners for their protection til january n the kids have to stay close to the house! boy do i understand the broke thing too jeez! my daughter is in parade for a fall festival today n as much as i love going to them i have no $$ to spend at all ugh! but at least bills r paid! rain tonite n 2maro. hoping to get all chores done for the week but idk now i "started" lasnite n would just rather sleep!

findingfawn
10-06-2012, 08:54 AM
We have woods right up to the house... luckily it's all ours and no one hunts them, the state game lands are separated from our house and yard by a field (hay at the present time), which is nice but still too close for comfort for me. Now begins the season that we only venture more than a few feet from the house on Sundays. Yay, I love fall...lol

We go to lots of street fairs and stuff and just look. We never seem to have money to blow. Really sucks, but I guess it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to be home with my kids. Hope you have a great time just looking. (I love doing crafty things, so often I'm looking for things I can come home and make myself.)

patchworkpenguin
10-06-2012, 11:08 AM
I get to clean house today, but its the end of the week, so I"m looking forward to the weekend. Hubby is going on interviews Monday. I just realized its only 50* here!

Steph7409
10-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Glad to see there's so many Queen Latifah fans here. She's one of the reasons I watch the awful "Sphere" whenever I stumble across it (I'm not sure what the other reasons are!). I see Alfre Woodard is also in Steel Magnolia - love her too. "Passion Fish" is one of my all-time favorite chick movies. I highly recommend it.

It's yet another rainy day here. I went to the outlets about 45 miles east of here and it was sunny and hot!

findingfawn
10-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Good Morning everyone.

It's chilly here, if the rain holds out.. it did all day yesterday, I'm thinking of asking the family if they want to wonder through the woods today for a while since hunting isn't allowed on Sundays here.

Hope everyone has a great day.

salsa chip
10-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Afternoon all!

It's a sunny day here, and I'm being lazy. In a few I'll get up for some breakfast/lunch and then get ready for church. Hope you're all well :)

dangerouscurvesahead
10-07-2012, 08:57 AM
gmornin!
yesterday was 82* bright n sunny! today 54* cloudy, dreary n raining! festival was fun n the kids all did an awesome job in the parade yesterday. 5hrs of standing/walking took its toll on me old bones yesterday n im moving in slow motion this morning n TOM to boot ugh! dont think ill b as productive as i was planning today!

Pink Hurricane
10-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Afternoon everyone!

The weather was perfect today so I took my workout outside and went for a run, went 2.2 miles before I had to switch to walking so I felt pretty proud. :) I'm starting to get hungry again so I'm about to make dinner for us, gotta grill chicken first because I'm making chicken alfredo!

dangerouscurvesahead
10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
gmornin ladies~
its a whole 42* here this a.m. n rainy ugh! i managed to get both bathrooms scrubbed down yesterday n laundry done n in between all that a whole lotta nothin else! my back n legs r still aching from saturday n this cold, damp weather prolly isnt helpin much either. no Y today cuz son has dentist appt. in the city but think the ole body needs a break anyway. ill b missin tabata class but ill b more ready for wednesdays class anyway. Ugh Mondays!

threekidsandasheltie
10-08-2012, 09:39 AM
hello, I am mostly a reader on these boards. Usually reading when my preschoolers are napping(I am a preschool teacher) but can occasionally post on Mondays :)

A little about me, my name is Kelley and I live in Louisiana. I am down 90pounds, but would like to loose at least 10 more but my ultimate would be to get down to 120.

patchworkpenguin
10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
yesterday, Hubby and I were invited to a BBQ down by the river and took April. She made friends with two little girls who were the daughters of our host. Its gotten cool, the high today is 65*, last week it was 90*! I got Hubby to get my winter clothes down from the attic, so I will start to switch those out. I haven't knit much the past month but started a green cardigan this weekend.

SmallSteps
10-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

:wave:

I will be on and off all day today hope to see some of you around!!

findingfawn
10-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Happy Monday everyone.

I'm here and well. Today is my official weigh-in day. Down 8.2 pounds this week, but it was my first week back on plan and I'm pretty sure most of it is just water weight.

My scale died yesterday so I had to switch to the Wii for my weight this morning. It was close to yesterday's on the scale (down .4lbs) so I am thinking it's pretty close to right on.

Planning ahead for the challenge that lay before me on Wednesday. It's my 9th wedding anniversary. Hubby chose wings for dinner and I chose carrot cake. Thinking I may have to skip both really. One splurge usually leads to a whole string of splurges.

Hope everyone is doing well.

dangerouscurvesahead
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
hi kelly welcome n congratulations on ur journey so far, uve come a long way! jump in whenever u like with whatever crosses ur mind lol!

salsa chip
10-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Good evening all, hope you're doing well!

I've had a day at home as I was feeling poorly, so I've been eating simply, drinking lots of water and tea and getting lots of rest.

dangerouscurvesahead
10-09-2012, 09:07 AM
ugh! TOM hit friday nite (yeehaa) n all my energy is slowly draining away! yesterday i didnt go to the Y had running n son had dentist appt. needless to say all te driving didnt help my hips n back which r still sore from saturday! today i just feel so blah! heavier flow started lasnite n still in motion (sorry 4 tmi) ill go to the Y today but will take it slow. have 2 errands b4 that plus have to drop son off at school n then after Y gotta pick son up take him back to dentist (2hrs rnd trip) to finish up work! its been cold n rainy since sunday n im most certain this is adding to my blahs!! hope u ladies r all doing well, have a good day!

SmallSteps
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I hope everyone is having a great week!

TOM started on Sunday night; Work is well work; and I have managed to stay on plan the past week so I can't complain MUCH!

:hug: to everyone! Have a great day!

Pink Hurricane
10-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Hello everybody! Hope everyone is having a great week! I am very happy that I lost 3.4 pounds last week so I took a rest day yesterday! Went for a short walk anyway but today I was back on my exercise, did 35 minutes of Cardio X. Tomorrow is my strength training day for upper body, lower body, and abs. I'm probably going to do about 10-15 minutes of jump roping as well.

pluckypear
10-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone. I am home with a bad cold. I have done laundry and some other bits of housework. I made spicy tomato soup. I am happy to have this thread to come to.

patchworkpenguin
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Hubby had to go out of town again this week. I spent the morning doing laundry, baking cookies for tomorrow {Oatmeal Pumpkin spice}, and knitting. Its warming up for the weekend but then it will rain.

Plucky, hope you veel better. Your soup sounds good. I like your quote.

Joy, as usual you sound busy!

dangerouscurvesahead
10-09-2012, 06:47 PM
penguin~ lol i always had this thought that as my kids got older they wouldnt need me as much... i thought wrong! my oldest (26) is now his wifes pita but i still have my 19yob in votech school n 13yog in last yr of middle school n my hubby of almost 27 yrs who is the neediest most spoiled of all! the more determined i am to tend to ME the more they seem to think they need me!

mimsyborogoves
10-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Hello! I decided since I've lost damn-near 100lbs, I'm going to join in on the fun in this forum!

I had a pretty decent workout. Anyone else jam to Britney Spears while they work out?

dangerouscurvesahead
10-10-2012, 08:46 AM
hi lauren n cmon in! i love brittney spears n xtina aguilera! pussycat dolls has good workout beats too!
well so far today NO ERRANDS after i get home from taking son to-from school n my Y work-out!!! pose 2 b sunny next 4 days, haven't seen the sun since saturday! hopefully my "blahs" will go away now! hope yall have a great hump day!

findingfawn
10-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone, hope everyone is doing well today.

Today is my 9th wedding anniversary. We have nothing big planned, I have a Girl Scout meeting tonight with our service unit that I can't miss :( We are going to have dinner at home and I'm going to have a planned off plan evening/day. Hot wings and carrot cake are on the menu for tonight.. yeah I'm not even going to try to figure out how many calories I will be eating because I don't want to hate myself for even smelling it. Tomorrow it's right back on the wagon.

dangerouscurvesahead
10-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Happy Anniversary Sommer!

SmallSteps
10-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Happy Anniversary Sommer!!

salsa chip
10-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Happy anniversary Sommer! May you both have many more blessed and joyful years together!

Today's my day off; I've been into town to get some stationary (after books it's my favourite stuff to buy...) and am back home relaxing. This evening I'm heading to dance class again - IF I can work up the courage to do so....

soulpatrol
10-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Hello everyone, I am new here. like all of you have been in the fight to lose the weight. Glad i found this site. This may be the help i need to lose the rest. So many i have seen already have been very encouraging. WOW!!!
:hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
10-11-2012, 08:53 AM
good morning ladies! welcome to the club soul! hope everyone had a good night! plucky i do hope ur feeling better by now. its a bright sunny morning here in va. n am looking fwd to playing (yard work) outside this afternoon after i get back home! my neighbor is going to pick my girl up after school for me today (luv ride share w/neighbors) so thats 1 less errand on my to-do list (yea!). going to another fall festival saturday n my girl is in this parade too, weather is suppose to be beautiful for it! ive got new aches from yesterdays tabata class but its all good, just means its working (finding that silver lining lol)! ill prolly pop back in later for a break, have a great day yall!

SmallSteps
10-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Good Morning All! It is a very cool rainy day here in Vegas. I wish I was at home so I could enjoy it instead of being trapped in this room with no windows :(

salsa chip
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Hey all,

my sleeping rhythms are completely out of whack so I'm awake in the middle of the night after having slept through the evening. Good going, Salsa :P

Anyhows, this week is my first in which I do Irish dancing twice (I went for a trial lesson at the adults' session, apart from the ceilih group) and I'm feeling it in how much work I put in. I have warned the teachers that I'm a perfectionist.... Actually today after work I thought about going to a Pilates class at the gym as I keep reading about the importance of core stability when it comes to Irish, but reasoned that this was the week I'd already taken on another dance class so maybe I should hold off on adding on yet another activity until I'd settled in this a bit more.

Which turned out to be a reasonable thing as not half an hour later I was in the land of nod!

Oh well, I'm going to try and get a little more sleep before tackling THE ONE DAY LEFT BEFORE THE WEEKEND.

(A weekend which is packed full of activities and stuff to do - what do you mean, a two-day period of rest? :devil:)

dangerouscurvesahead
10-12-2012, 09:05 AM
gmorning ladies n tgif!
well, didnt get any yardwork done yesterday cuz i was home alone for a change n decided to just hold down my lounge chair, turn on some tunes n soak up some rays! it was soooo nice! lol salsa i feel ya girl im saying tgif like it means the work is over n its soooooo not! my middle "child" is 19yo today! belinda hope youve been able to get out of that windowless room! looks like Tabata is doing its job... weigh-in yesterday showed 4lb LOSS (5.5lb if u count TOM gain)!! have a great day yall!

salsa chip
10-13-2012, 07:06 AM
:wave:Afternoon!

It's a rainy day here - I slept in (weekend!) after dance last night. It was tough and my legs are not happy with me!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend everyone :)

dangerouscurvesahead
10-13-2012, 09:39 AM
gmorning! its a bright sunny 36* morning here but will get into the 60s, perfect for another Fall festival day! i didnt sleep very well lasnite, was on my feet all evening doing hair which did wonderful things for my back, hips n legs... NOT! so it was coffee n ibupofen for breakfast cuz i wanna b able to enjoy the day at the festival! yall have a great day!

findingfawn
10-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Good moning everyone :) Heading for the shower but wanted to say hi :)

kmstacy
10-13-2012, 11:56 AM
so what are everyone's plans for the weekend? It is cold and rainy here in Illinois so think we will stay in and watch movies and carve pumpkins with the kids..hope everyone has a great weekend!

dangerouscurvesahead
10-14-2012, 10:21 AM
gmornin~
ugh im sooo sore n achy! yesterday was great but i soo over did it knowing i was already hurting! i just want to stay close to my heating pad n sleep but all the crap i need to get done today keeps going thru my head! its times like this that make me realize how bad my back really is n the fear that it wont get better by just losing weight n exercising really scares me!

dangerouscurvesahead
10-15-2012, 07:19 AM
gmornin ladies~
hope yall survived the weekend! i did manage to get my yardwork n flowerbeds done yesterday n couple loads of laundry but that was it! this morning i have my healthy eating class n tabata class followed by the rest of my work-out routine. then to daughters school to buy a shirt for "Breast Cancer Awareness" n sign up for their BCA walk on the 26th. calling for storms today hope they hold off til i get back home this afternoon!

SayAnythingBut
10-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi, ladies (and the occasional gentleman)! I'm so happy this morning because despite my bingeing on gummy halloween candies on Wednesday and Thursday, which I foolishly bought thinking I could keep them in my apartment unopened until Halloween, *shameful headhang* I still managed to lose this week! At this morning's official weigh-in for the week, I was 288! That's a 2 pound loss! I finally got out of the 290s and very well may reach my min-goal of losing 50 pounds before my ultimate idol's (Regina Spektor's) concert this Wednesday!

Anywho, happy Monday, guys! Gotta get dressed for work. Yes, I am typing this in the buff!;)

mikava
10-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Congrats SayAnything... cool name BTW :D

Pink Hurricane
10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Good afternoon everyone!!

Hope y'all had a great weekend! I know I did, camped out for the first time in a long time this weekend with my husband and we had a blast! Just working like usual today, did some running in place earlier for my workout and have been staying OP eating wise. It's Monday, so I'm just looking forward to going back home for the evening haha.

SmallSteps
10-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Good Morning Everyone! Hope you are all having a great Monday.

I spent the weekend doing house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and various other things around the house. I am so tired I need another few days off. The back of my calves are killing me this morning not sure WTF is up with that! I also gained 3.6 pounds :( I have no clue what is up with my body this month :(

SayAnythingBut
10-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Congrats SayAnything... cool name BTW :D

Aww, thanks, mika!:hug: I like your name too.

dangerouscurvesahead
10-16-2012, 07:49 AM
survived another monday ugh! mondays r always so off kilter n out of whack for me! its a new day n hopefully a better one! i think i may cut back on my weekly healthy eating class to every other week to conserve gas, money is just so tight right now n i need to cut back where ever i can! i love going to the class n it keeps me motivated n fresh ideas but its completely out of the way, hmmm now im thinking once a month. idk. oh well ill figure something out i always do cuz thats my "job".

findingfawn
10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Oh Joy, I know that "job" all too well. I think sometimes it's a full time job with 30+ hours of overtime a week just trying to figure out how to make the money go far enough to keep the roof over our head and food in our stomachs.

Hubby was put on yet another heart medicine yesterday. Bad hearts run in his family, most men don't seem to make it past their 30s, he is 35. I "tried" to get into his thick head he has got to change what he is eating and get his butt on the treadmill at least 3 times a week and he just got pissy and popped off with "well I worry about you too". Of course he said it to shut me up... but it left me steaming a bit. I might be huge, but I don't have any health problems beyond that, nor do I have a family history that is worrisome. Grrrr... darn men...lol. I love him dearly, but sometimes wish he didn't have all that testosterone in his body..lol.

As for me, I'm finally liking the glass scale..lol It had me up about 5 pounds from what the Wii was weighing me (which was pretty close to what my old scale was saying before it went to sleep forever). The numbers are moving down so I will try to keep from throwing it and smashing it myself..lol (and here I was worried about the kids breaking it).

Hope everyone has a great day.

Pink Hurricane
10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey everybody! I'm trying to keep my head above water today. Having more cravings than usual for some reason, I let myself have one serving, one ounce of Doritos to help curb the craving and it did. I had room for it, plus more to spare, after my workout today with Cardio X.

I really hope to have a good loss this week. It's been a good week so far I am just having to push myself a little harder to get things done today.

SmallSteps
10-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Well I have gained 5 pounds since last Friday so I am really on a roll. It is so discouraging sometimes.

baby steps
10-16-2012, 07:25 PM
I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since I last checked in with 3FC. Still working on the slowly but surely method but I have finally (about 8 months ago) added aqua aerobics 2-3 mornings a week. Thats not much exercise I know but it is a lot more than I was doing.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps2/chick01/lb/313/148/217/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

dangerouscurvesahead
10-17-2012, 08:25 AM
sommer~ my hubby wont even go to the dr. for a check-up! hes lost both parents, baby brother, a sister n his oldest brother is dying of cancer now. hubbys a recovering alcoholic (8 months clean) n he only quit cuz i told him we (kids n i) wouldnt watch him kill himself (hed lost so much weight n pale sickly) n i wouldnt spend my older yrs taking care of a drunk so he would have to leave! im the care taker for everyone but myself!

findingfawn
10-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Hey everybody! I'm trying to keep my head above water today. Having more cravings than usual for some reason, I let myself have one serving, one ounce of Doritos to help curb the craving and it did. I had room for it, plus more to spare, after my workout today with Cardio X.

I really hope to have a good loss this week. It's been a good week so far I am just having to push myself a little harder to get things done today.

I would have gobbled down the whole darn bag of Doritos.. and I don't even like them. Good job for keeping yourself in control.

Well I have gained 5 pounds since last Friday so I am really on a roll. It is so discouraging sometimes.

You would have had to eat a TON in order to acutally gain 5 pounds of fat in 5 days. It is most likely water weight from eating things that "shocked" your system. Up your water intake and I bet you will see the scale come down again in a day or 2. You can do this, you have already come so far, do not give up now.

I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since I last checked in with 3FC. Still working on the slowly but surely method but I have finally (about 8 months ago) added aqua aerobics 2-3 mornings a week. Thats not much exercise I know but it is a lot more than I was doing.

Welcome back. I have a girlfriend who was doing aqua aerobics a few mornings a week and was seeing great results. That water is more resistance than you would think it is.

sommer~ my hubby wont even go to the dr. for a check-up! hes lost both parents, baby brother, a sister n his oldest brother is dying of cancer now. hubbys a recovering alcoholic (8 months clean) n he only quit cuz i told him we (kids n i) wouldnt watch him kill himself (hed lost so much weight n pale sickly) n i wouldnt spend my older yrs taking care of a drunk so he would have to leave! im the care taker for everyone but myself!

(((hugs))) I am so glad your hubby quit drinking. My dad was an alcoholic, he spent his last few months living on a "liquid diet" and died of sclorosis (sp?) of the liver. Hubby's dad (the only male still alive that is older than hubby on his dad's side) drinks constantly and smokes like a chimney. I'm so glad hubby doesn't touch the stuff, neither of us do. I have a tiny bottle of Jack in my cupboard that I will have a shot of maybe 3 times a year (in pepsi max), when it's gone it will probably never be replaced, it's been up there forever. I do that whole do for everyone other than me...I go without so much, I don't even know that I own a pair of underwear that don't have holes because I would rather spend the money on my kids.

As for me... I'm feeling slightly yucky today. My tummy hurts. I'm sure I will see results on the scale tomorrow. :o Totally not the right kind of results though.

I tried to talk to hubby again last night. I had spent the morning going over all of the nutritional info of what he takes to work. If it's ok with fat and cholesterol it's horrible in sodium, or vice versa. So I was trying to nicely give him ideas of what he could take instead of his usual things (he takes 2 pepper jack cheese sticks a day.. I suggested maybe swapping one or both for some cut up bell peppers), he started on the "But I like what I take, I don't like those things" blah blah blah. I finally gave up and said "You know what, eat what ever you want. I am not going to argue with you over food you are a grown man and can decide for yourself if you want to eat yourself to death." Later he was asking me to make him a list of things he could choose from to take to work. Maybe being Mrs Mean was enough to get into his thick head. This morning he had a baggie of veggies (baby carrots, celery sticks, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower) instead of the cheese sticks. Now if I can find something to substitute the place of the pretzel sticks he takes I think he would be doing ok while at work.

dangerouscurvesahead
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
sommer~ try rice cakes (i love em). the white cheddar tastes like cheddar popcorn, the caramel cakes w/pnut butter is yummy! then there is lite popcorn (awesome fiber source/whole grain). my hubby has started gaining weight but its needed weight n thru healthy foods(at home anyway lol). i am also glad he quit drinking cuz every now n then i do like having him around lol!
babysteps~ 2-3 mornings a wk of water aerobics is an awesome start wtg! i can wait for my local Y to get a pool (ill prolly never b home then lol)!
pink~ ur doing good! u had a craving, satisfied it n accounted for it! u didnt eat the whole bag which i could easily do! WE R STRONG WOMEN WHO CAN N WILL DO WHATEVER IS NEEDED TO SUCCEED!