Support Groups - ~~ The Thin Group #41 ~

View Full Version : ~~ The Thin Group #41 ~

CJ
03-06-2001, 05:19 PM
Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ

CJ
03-06-2001, 05:21 PM
Hey, that was easy! I did it! Sorry, but one does have to keep her status as BRAT! haha

OK - be back later.

Love, CJ

Gail
03-06-2001, 06:05 PM
Can't fool me CJ, BRAT! BRAT! BRAT! :D

Let me be the first to BRAT you on the new forum. ;)

We are having the most wonderful weather today - bright and sunny - may even be record breaking temps for this time of year. As high as 18C, not sure what that is in F, but it sure feels good. I went grocery shopping first thing this morning and by the time I got home, had to take my jacket off to unload the car. And - my crocuses are blooming. Spring is here! Love this West Coast weather. :D

Our vacation was so great. We had the best time in Disneyland and California Adventure Park. Spent 4 days there and had no rain except at night. The weekend that we spent touring Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc., it did rain, so we did most of our sightseeing from the car, but it was great to see anyways. Must have walked 20 to 30 miles at least. But weight just stayed the same. I was hoping for a loss, but grateful not to gain. We ate a lot. Spending 4 days outside from morning to night greatly increases the appetite.

So nice to be back home though. Finally went and got groceries this morning so can begin again back ontrack.

We got a good shakeup in that earthquake last Wednesday. Just a reminder not to take anything for granted. No damages here, just a couple of framed photos fell over, but I was vacuuming the stairs at the time and nearly fell off. What a shock!

Missed the forum while it was down over the weekend. Thanks Sharon, for letting us know how to get back on. I kept getting the message that it was still closed. Hope the gang will all be back soon. Will check back later. I could see who was on the boards when I first checked in but that feature seems to have disappeared unless everyone went anonymous. Maybe it will come back next time I log on. Kind of nice to see who is on the same time as you are.

Anyways, talk to you later. Love, G:)

CJ
03-06-2001, 07:33 PM
Well, look who I found hanging around .... Joanna's back! I copied her reply for you all to see .... here goes:

Originally posted by Joanna
Gee things have changed a bit around here.... Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone and apologize for being MIA the last few months. I've been so wrapped up with everything around this house..... but my biggest news is that I am officially DIVORCED as of March 1, 2001. I even took back my maiden name!!! WOOHOO!!!

I won't bore you with everything that has happened over the last few months, except to tell you that I am holding semi-steady with my weight (after gaining back a few pounds I am now roughly 245-250) but still wearing size 20 jeans, I met a wonderful young man (hehe, embassassingly young - he's 22) last fall and we are now living together - primarily because of my financial situation with the house. I was looking for a room-mate because I was having a rough time on my own. I received a promise ring for Valentine's Day. WOOHOO! We are really good together, in sync in so many ways. A true southern gentleman. He comes from a wonderful family and he is very genuine - so opposite of Keith. We work at the same place, but opposite shifts - we don't get to spend a whole lot of time together because of our schedules, but we make a point to spend what little time we have enjoying ourselves.

Well I am going to check out the new forum and try to catch up on everything I have missed....

see ya'll later
Hugs!

Love, Joanna Hyatt --- formally Joanna Freeman -- hehe I just had to throw that in there

Welcome back Joanna - post with us often!

Love, CJ

CJ
03-06-2001, 07:44 PM
Hey, look I got me an avatar! My own personal angel! I uploaded it from my computer. This angel's name is sweetiepie and that is one of my hubby's nicknames for me is ..... isn't that neat?

I have a feeling that this thread is going to loaded with a lot of test posts! LOL

Love, CJ

Joanna
03-06-2001, 08:01 PM
hehe... CJ I think we are still on the same wavelength!! I also tried uploading an avitar and hopefully it will turn out... hehe... we'll see!!

Hugs, Joanna

Well it worked, although the pic is a bit fuzzy..... Can anyone tell who it is?? It's definately NOT me! LOL!!

CJ
03-06-2001, 09:03 PM
hahaha ... looks like Marilyn Monroe ... could not think of her name for a few minutes here ... all I could think of was her real name, Norma Jean! Would you believe I had to sit here and go thru the alphabet, and when I got to M it came to me! LOL

Glad you are back Joanna!

Love, CJ

CJ
03-06-2001, 09:04 PM
Judy (blunder) I see you .... you are lurking! My new buddy list says so! Gotcha!

Get in here and post girl!

Love, CJ

CJ
03-06-2001, 09:21 PM
Notice anything different on my post???? Let's see who notices it! hahahaha

CJ

Blunder
03-06-2001, 09:25 PM
Hello!

You sneaky snake! You caught me! I'm still trying to figure out this new site.

Things are much better on the home front these past few days. The doctor gave Cal some kind of new shot. It was some form of radiation that goes directly into the cancer cells and helps with the pain too. It seems to be working! He has had two good days in a row. Has only taken pain pills three times today! Hallalulah!!!!!!

My son and family are planing to finally come to Okla. to show off my new grandaughter. Probably will be the first weekend in April. That's a good time 'cause Cal's birthday is April 1st and my daughter Doris, has her birthday on the 3rd. We'll really be celebrating for a couple days!

I haven't been around for quite a while so I have no idea about what's new with all you guys. I know Jo must be a really happy girl, 'cause I know how much she loves all that new snow she got!

Well, I hope I can figure all the new playthings on this site. Talk more later after I get caught up on the news.

Hugs, Judy

Blunder
03-06-2001, 10:13 PM
trying to figure this out.

Trish
03-06-2001, 10:14 PM
Hi!

I haven't been here for a while and was surprised to see the new look of the message boards. This is going to be short because I'm not sure if it's going to work.

I'll go back and read the threads and write a longer post later.

Trish :)

angel-eyes
03-06-2001, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone.
Its been awhile but I'm officially back!
Needed to take some time off, sort of r and r but was more peace of mind if anything...from that dreaded plateau I got stuck on. Did me the world of good too, better frame of mind and more determined than ever to succeed at this weight game!!! Ha!!

CJ- is there a difference between the last 2 posts? I don't think so...How did you get the angel there at the side by your name?....hey I'm an angel!!

On the positive side I'm down to 211 from?? I don't remember ...215 I think (it's all a blur those 3 wks ...nobody mention that plateau...ugh) Spring is going to be here I just know it, and I'm ready for it!!! Look out...short shorts, bathing suits and call me skinny miny.....can't wait. Have a great day tommorow..bye

Jello
03-07-2001, 09:29 AM
Grumble, grumble. Having computer problems. Will be back ... I hope. :(

Sherry
03-07-2001, 03:07 PM
Hello Everyone...:smoking:

Sorry I haven't been posting in the past week or so.Had puter problems then got sick with bladder infection.:cry: Today I'm home with son.He's got strep throat!:(

Well....on the weight! The good news is...I've lost 6 lbs!! YEAH! :s: Now the stats is: 190-170-150....I still have 20 to go but know I can do it!!! The bad news is...I still have days when I can eat EVERYTHING I get my hands on....which is a NO-NO :nono:.....BUT getting better about it.

Hope everyone is doing good.I read all the posts and finally got caught up! I love this new forum! Will post later...son needs me.

Love to all,
Sherry (Sher-Bear):cool:

SandiH
03-07-2001, 06:15 PM
Oh Boy I haven't been here in a bit and now look what has happened. I sure hope I can get the hang of it. LOL
All is fine my way. I will get back here and post again soon. Just testing for now. Sandi I will have to learn how to get those cute little images on here somehow.

Joanna
03-07-2001, 08:10 PM
Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing good!

Judy - It's good to hear Cal's medicine is working. Hang in there!

Sherry - I know what you mean about wanting to EVERYTHING! Last night I sat here and chowed on a bag of B-B-QUE chips!!! UGH! Felt so awful afterward.... I think potato chips contain some secret addictive ingredient like CRACK! lol!

CJ - Did you change your "name" from Senior Chick to "Queen"??? Is that the difference?? You will always be our "Queen"

Well I am trying to limit my time online.... I am down to one phone line now (budget cuts! hehe) and if I sit here all night I won't get dinner cooked or laundry done!

Hope everyone has a good night!

Hugs to all!

Love, Joanna

Bernice
03-07-2001, 10:46 PM
Hi Ladies:) I sure hope you all don't mind if I join you again. Don't really remember where I was in my journey when I left but I'm now down 98.2 lbs:)

CJ, It's good to see you've re-named yourself Queen:)

Hope to talk to you soon.

Bernice:cool:
334/235.8/145

CH
03-08-2001, 12:14 AM
Well this is certainly different! I hope this test is working. I have had a good start with WW and hope I will continue. Am headed out of town for a few days. I will try to read and catch up by the first of the week. I want some of those neat pictures on my message too. Judy so glad to hear about Cal and you your loss. It's great to hear from you, Joanna. Sounds like your life is going great now. Good for you. Everyone else, catch you later.
Carolyn

Chrissy
03-08-2001, 09:35 AM
Hi Girls...

I am so bummed. I typed this long post and it didn't take! BUMMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me see if this one takes. If so I will post again later. Talk about being frustrated!

Love, Chrissy

Jello
03-08-2001, 09:39 AM
Is this working? Maybe.... maybe....

OK, hope I don't crash. Hate when that happens. :mad: Haven't been able to talk to you guys for a little while. Actually, it's only been a couple days but it seems like forever. And speaking like seeming like forever, where's Ms. Sassy? It's not like her to be gone so long! :cry:

Been having an OK week I think. Yesterday we had one of this company's infamous luncheons. It was Tex Mex this time and it was sooooo good. Of course, I have no idea of how to count chimichangas or that strange but delicious rice and bean dish. So I only ate a little and I skipped the cake they had bought for dessert. We were celebrating our one-year anniversary of becoming an independent company and our "guests" were representatives from the investing firm that financed our break from the big corporation. Anyway, apparently this investment firm just also bought another company and had to bring us samples of their product. It was a company that makes these mini-cupcakes!!!! So they brought boxes and boxes and boxes of cupcakes!!!! :eek: Augh!!!! I passed on my box and gave it to a guy with kids at home. Whew!

Again, I haven't gotten on the scale for a couple days and am hoping for the best at weigh-in on Saturday. It seems lately that every time I think about giving up or eating something I shouldn't, something happens that changes my mind. Either someone says something about how thin I look or I stop and look in the mirror myself and suddenly notice a change or the subject of dieting comes up.

Or I read posts like the one from Bernice!!! :) 98 pounds!!!! You go girl!!!! You're an inspiration to me!

Stopped at the apartment this morning and got all melancholy for a moment or two looking at the pretty much empty place. I'll miss my little home. I have off next Monday and Tuesday (just because :smug: ) and haven't figured out what I'm going to do just yet but I think I'll stop off there and get the last of my stuff out. It's mostly cleaning stuff and my vacuum, etc. Called yesterday to have the electric and phone stopped on March 30. Hm, guess I'll take part of a day this weekend to go up to mom and dad's and tell them :eek: before they try to call me at home and hear my number's been disconnected!!! Guess that'd be a bad thing.

Well, sorry this was a rambling me me me post. I'll be especially sorry if I try to post and my computer crashes or I lose the whole post or something. Guess I'll give it a try.

Hope you all have a great day!
Much love, Jo.

SandiH
03-08-2001, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone, Well it only took this old brain about an hour to figure out how to get those little pictures next to my name. I love pansies, so that was my choice. For now anyway.
C.J......Like Joanna I only see a name change as a didference. Are we correct?

Chrissy.....Good chatting with you last night. I can't believe I got the hang of this before you did. LOL

Gail...I am glad your vacation turned out well. At least the rain stayed away in the daytime for you. I bet tat quake was scary huh? Have you had other ones there?

Joanna...All I can say is you sound like one happy lady. Very happy and content.

Judy...Glad things are looking brighter for Cal. It had to be miserable to feel like he had been. Bet you can't wait to see the granddaughter. It will be here very soon.

Amgel.eyes......Good job on getting past tat plateau. It surely can get you depressed when you seem to do all the right things and still are stuck. But you made it. So it's forward from now on.

Sherry....Greta job on the 6# loss. Are you exercising as much as that little guy you put at the bottom of your post? LOL

Bernice...So glad to see you back.And down 98.2 pounds. What a grat accomplishment that is and how proud you must be.

Jo...I think you did well at your luncheon. Especially passing the cake up and then gving away the cupcakes. It is always hard when we have to leave surrondings that we were accustomed to. But you eill get used to your new ones. How does Watson like his new house?

Off I go to the gym. My nephew is here wanting to get on the computer so I guess I will let him. Talk to everyone later. Love to all....Sandi :)

Gail
03-08-2001, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone!

Just testing to see if this is working. Will be back later to post.

Welcome back Bernice! :)

Talk to you soon. love, G:)

Gail
03-08-2001, 02:49 PM
Hello again! :D

It is great to come on here and see everyone finding their way back. Lots of changes, but we will get used to them - they're pretty good from what I've seen.

CJ, love your little angel. Do you like my cool kitty? LOL How is everything going for you on WW? I am trying it again too. I like the flexibility of it. Just getting used to some of the changes.

Sharon, Thanks for the nice email. I will send you a reply soon. Always great to hear from you. Great going on getting that weight off. I really admire how you just keep going. Ever since I've known you, you've been with the same plan and just keep going with it. I am doing it again too, hope I will stick with it this time. Sure is difficult to get it together after vacation. Time for me to get tough with myself again. :nono:

Sandi, nice to hear from you. Still working out I see. Good for you - you sound very committed. How about passing some of that on to me.

Jo, good going on the cupcakes. Not always easy to pass up goodies like that for sure. Good luck with your weighin on Saturday. You are doing just super.

Chrissy, how are you doing? I think about you often. {{{{{CHRISSY}}}}}

Carolyn, wonderful to hear that you are going to WW. Good Luck to you - talk to you when you get back.

Bernice, great that you are back! Your loss is overwhelming. You've lost pretty much a whole person. What plan do you follow and how long did it take you to lose 99 lbs? You are such an inspiration to all of us. :)

Joanna, good to hear from you again. I'm really happy for you that you are enjoying life so much after what you've been through in the past. How is your sister doing? Tell her to give us a post and let us know how she is . Miss her too.

Judy, bet you can't wait to see your new grandaughter. That will be a fun time for all of you. Happy to hear that Cal's pain meds are helping him. I do know that somewhere in all this, I missed your birthday, so a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to you.

Sherry, congratulations on your loss! Wow, 6 lbs is great! Nice to hear from you again. Hope your son is starting to get better. Strep throat is no fun.

Trish, how are things going with you? I think you have a wedding coming up in July? Nice to hear from you too.

AngelEyes, sounds like you are really looking forward to the warm weather. We had two very warm days here this week, but today is a bit cooler and rainy. We are way below average for rain and really need it, so I won't complain. I know how frustrating plateaus can be, but eventually, with lots of patience, we can get by them.

Better go and get some work done - been very slow starting today. Hope you are all having a terrific day. Love, G :)

SandiH
03-08-2001, 04:29 PM
Just wondering what time zone these are posted in? I wrote my first reply this a.m and it says something like 3 something in the afternoon. I am doing this one as I leave for work at 2:30 Central Standard Time. Lets see what time it says.

Chrissy
03-08-2001, 06:54 PM
Hi again Ladies,

Just goofing around on this thing.

Hope everyone is well.

Everyone is doing so well in loosing weight! Way to go Girls! You all should be so proud of yourselves!

BERNICE - Welcome back! Good to have you back. 98 pound loss! That is wonderful! I agree with Jo! You are an inspiration. You should be very proud of yourself!

JUDY - Good to see you back too. Glad to hear that Cal is doing better. I hope and pray that he continues to do so. Please take care!

JO - Way to go too Jo on your 30+ pound loss. You too are an inspiration and I am so proud of you. Way to go. You must be pretty close to your goal weight? Keep up the good work!

SHARON - Thanks for the e-mail. I owe you one. Yes, I did get your message. But I have been practically working everyday. I am in the mood to be working all the time. Starting tomorrow I am on a six day stretch. Congratulations on your weight loss also!

GAIL - Glad that you had a good vacation. Glad to see you back. My niece Mary lives in Olympia, Washington, and she said that during the earthquake she saw the walls and floor move in her house. She said at first she didn't realize what was happening, but then figured it out. Mary said that he was quite scary! Did you feel the effects alot?

SANDI - Nice chatting you also. Take care.

I've still been going to the gym and still trying to take off those 12 pounds that I gained since I quit smoking. I did take off 3. But this week I am really trying more, so hopefully it won't take too long. My downfall is at nighttime. I do OK during the day. Just have to keep busy at all times. The cravings for smokes are getting less and less. I don't want to gain all that weight back. Then I will be in big trouble and have to go out and buy all new clothes! LOL Nothing else really new. Just working alot. Waiting for the next trial to start on April 2nd. I tell you girls, I just don't feel good about it. Can't help it. It's hard not to feel that way. It seems like everytime we start, something goes wrong. It has to end one of these days.

Hope that everyone else is OK. Take care all!

Love, Chrissy

Gail
03-08-2001, 07:48 PM
Hi Chrissy,

Nice to pop in here and see your post - Yours too, Sandi. :D

Chrissy, you are doing so great, quitting smoking at such a stressful time in your life. Kudos to you. I'm sure that the extra few pounds will come off soon. You've been really giving it your all.

I thought about your niece Mary after the earthquake. She lives right near the epicenter in Olympia. Must have been pretty terrifying for her. We felt it more mildly, but enough for me, that's for certain.

Glad to hear from you. Hang in there and stay strong. Love to you. G :)

CJ
03-08-2001, 08:56 PM
Just checking in to say hello ... have just a few minutes.

HIP HIP HOORAY! Down another lb today! That makes 5 1/2 total now. I CAN DO THIS!

Bernice
Welcome back Bernice .. of course you can still post with us! 98 lbs! Wow, you have been busy! Good for you.

Gail:
Good to see you back too. And I am glad to hear you are going to try the WW way again. I think it is the healthiest way. Yes, I am still going to WW every week. In fact, today was my weigh-in and I was down another lb! So, it is coming off - very very slow... but as long it is coming off! I like your kitty!

Sherry:
Hope you son and your computer are both doing better! Good to see you posting .. missed you!

Judy
Glad to see you posting also ... and glad to hear things are better for Cal. I'll bet you are excited about seeing your grandchild ...

Speaking of grandchildren ... I have 3 kids all expecting a baby this year - I will have 3 more grandchildren by the end of October! My daughter in California is expecting her first in June, my daughter in Colorado is expecting her first in May, and my son and daughter-in-law are expecting their first in October (this will be my daughter-in-laws second, but first for my son)

I have had to move my CJ's Place website and my CJ's Kitchen Korner website to a different site so they now have new addresses. CJ's Place is:www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplace and CJ's Kitchen Korner is: www.cjskitchenkorner.homestead.com in case you want to check them out or mark the new addresses for future checking. I have added a few more recipes and will be adding more soon.

Well, need to go for now. Sorry I didn't address everyone ... I will do better next time.

Later...
Love, CJ

Trish
03-09-2001, 03:02 AM
Hi :)

I'm still checking out all of the new options on this message board. They're kind of fun! For anyone who hasn't discovered it yet, you can personalize your name, add a picture, and change the time to your local time zone by clicking on profile at the top of the page and then edit options.

Gail, your kitty is cute! I still have to figure out how to include my own picture. My son is getting married on July 14. I wish we had some of your beautiful weather and crocuses here. My gardens are still covered with snow!

Bernice, congratulations on the great weight loss! :) How did you do it? Do you have any helpful hints for us?

CJ, it sounds like your family is having a population explosion! Congratulations on all the expected grandchildren. :D

Judy, I hope Cal continues to feel better.

Chrissy, 3 lbs! Keep up the good work!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! My brother and sister-in-law are visiting us this weekend. We are going to spend Saturday going on the Lehigh Valley wine trail. Ten wineries in the area are having a special wine and food event on weekends in March.

Take care! :)

Trish

Jello
03-09-2001, 09:44 AM
Grumble. Just wrote a long post and lost it all!! What's up with that!?!? :mad:

Anyway, it was just one of Jo's rambling posts so I guess it's no great loss except that now I have no time to write another. Have to get to work. Looking so forward to Monday and Tuesday off. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do but the weather's supposed to warm up a bit and I NEED :^: the time off!

Had a long talk with Rich last night about the fact that Mike's been asking me to meet up with him sometime soon for a couple drinks. Once upon a time, there was the possibility that there might be something between me and Mike but that's over now. I'm not going to do anything to screw up my relationship with Rich. Mike and I are meeting as friends and nothing more. Rich was very understanding about it. What a guy! :)

Well, so much for my long post. Have to go now. Hope to check in over the (long) weekend sometime.

Much love to you all.
Jo.

CJ
03-09-2001, 10:14 AM
Well, this looks like the #30 post so why start being good now ... see ya on #42!

CJ

CH
03-13-2001, 11:23 PM
Hello Ladies, Someday soon I must take the time to find a picture and do some of those cute things you are all doing on this site. Lately I feel lucky to find time to even post.
I am still with WW and am very pleased that it is so easy to keep up with. I didn't make tonight's meeting because of another meeting but I feel I have lost so maybe next week I'll have a bigger lost. Wish I had started this thing a long time ago. This makes it very easy to eat out, which I've done a lot of lately.
Several of you are having big losses and I am so happy for you. With the weather a little better maybe we all feel like moving a little more.
Everyone have a great week, I have to many things to do before I can go to bed so I will sign off now and be back soon.
Carolyn