100 lb. Club - Plateaus SUCK!

View Full Version : Plateaus SUCK!

SmallSteps
10-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Happy Hump Day Everyone! I hope you are all having an awesome week on your journey.

I am so frustrated! I'm stuck in a weight plateau and don't know how to move forward. I keep losing and gaining the same three pounds over and over and over and over and ohhhh you get the idea!!

I am still losing inches and actually just dropped another pants size but my weight refuses to go under 245, I realize with everything I am going through right now (separation, pending divorce, new relationship, recent vacation visiting new relationship) that I should expect this but it is still frustrating.

Happy Note: While in Florida I went to the top of St Augustine Lighthouse I climbed all 219 steps and it felt great. A year ago if you had told me I would be able to climb to the top of a lighthouse I would have laughed in your face and told you that you were crazy!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8322/8042424406_fbb0e3c189.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8174/8042406409_ef080e6fcb.jpg

Matilda08
10-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Thats how I feel lol so I feel your pain. BUt you must keep pushing, you may even have to switch things up a little do something different to shock the body! Wishing you better luck!

geoblewis
10-03-2012, 04:22 PM
:hug:

And congrats on climbing the lighthouse! Woo hoo!

Goddess Jessica
10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes, it sucks and it feels like you're going to be there forever but you won't. Promise. Keep plugging away and you'll get there.

Oh and if you're really frustrated, change it up. Try a new exercise for a week. Or try a different calorie configuration (more calories in the AM, less in PM). Body confusion is a great way to break through.

Quantum Sheep
10-04-2012, 11:15 AM
I feel you. I've been having my own little plateau for nearly three weeks. I finally thought I broke through it, but my weight went back up again. I don't have any advice to get through it, except to just keep going. Be strong!

SmallSteps
10-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Thank you ladies! I am back at it today, I have already walked a mile, drank about 60 ounces of water and I brought a salad for lunch today.

I hope to start losing about 2.5 pounds a week. My goal is 30 by December 29.

Pink Hurricane
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I hate plateaus too, I was on one for a while and I thought I would never break it but I did. You have a lot of stuff on your plate but you can do this! That is wonderful that you climbed the lighthouse! Beautiful pictures, I have never been to St. Augustine but it's not terribly far from where I am at.

Elladorine
10-04-2012, 03:01 PM
After reading this post I decided to climb up and down my stairs 11 times. It's only 165 steps total but I ran out of time. When I get back home I'll do some more!

Thank you for the inspiration. :hug: :)

SmallSteps
10-04-2012, 03:22 PM
After reading this post I decided to climb up and down my stairs 11 times. It's only 165 steps total but I ran out of time. When I get back home I'll do some more!

Thank you for the inspiration. :hug: :)

I had to stop three times on the way up but I was determined to make it! I should start running up and down my steps also that might help shake up my plateau and get me moving again.

kmstacy
10-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Happy Hump Day Everyone! I hope you are all having an awesome week on your journey.

Happy Note: While in Florida I went to the top of St Augustine Lighthouse I climbed all 219 steps and it felt great. A year ago if you had told me I would be able to climb to the top of a lighthouse I would have laughed in your face and told you that you were crazy!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8322/8042424406_fbb0e3c189.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8174/8042406409_ef080e6fcb.jpg

Awesome job with those stairs! and your pics are gorgeous..I so want to travel!

sluggerbean
10-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I should start running up and down my steps also that might help shake up my plateau and get me moving again.

Now that sounds like an excellent idea!!! :kickbutt: Get moving girl! ;)

Belinda, you are a strong person and your body is adjusting to everything that is going on in your life. You can do this!! :hug:

SmallSteps
10-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Now that sounds like an excellent idea!!! :kickbutt: Get moving girl! ;)

Belinda, you are a strong person and your body is adjusting to everything that is going on in your life. You can do this!! :hug:

Thank you Peggy! Look at you! You've already passed me and are kicking my @ss, I am so very proud of you!

Lishar
10-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I had a plataeu for almost 2 wks the same 2-3 lbs. I finally took a break from my exercise for a weekend. I went to visit my parents and had no time. I kept OP for my calories. When I got home I relaxed a bit on my cardio. I was doing 30-50min 5 days a week. Now I am lifting 3x a week and 30min of walking 3x a week. I eat 1800 calories/day which is just above my BMR.

Long story short I upped my calories 100/day and decreased my exercising and have lost 4lbs in 2 wks. This is after working so hard and not seeing anything budge. I think I was not eating enough and exercising too much for the calories I was eating. My body did not want to let go of the weight.

I also wanted to add that I walk my stairs if I cant get out to the gym. I have 12 steps to upstairs and walk up/ down for 30-60 min. Last night I did 50x in 30min. Nice 300 calorie burn. Its not hard just keep goin up and down. My cats looks at me strange but whatever. I just put on my music and go. I love that my fitbit counts my stairs so I don't have to keep track. :)