Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #1  
Becoming A Better Me

Default sooo scared of WINTER

altho i love fall i absolutely hate winter! the cold, the dark days, the new aches n pains ill have! i could hibernate the time away n be fine with it! i have to have my prozac increased cuz my moods become awful! i gain weight n get so lazy! this year my greatest fear of winter... ive been working so hard on my new lifestyle change since july that im just gonna lose the motivation, gain the weight n more back n just give in to my old ways cuz they take no effort or thought! i havent a clue how to cope or deal at this point!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #2  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Hey there! I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD...LOL. I think they were trying to be funny when they gave it the name). Anyway, I think this year I am going to order a light box, because last winter was absolutely miserable. I was a mess and I really don't want to go through it again. And I can tell mentally that my mind is gearing up for it, I've already had a couple of "blue days" in the past few weeks.

Hang in there and know that you're not alone

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 10-03-2012 at 05:23 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hang in there, you are not alone!! I do have a light box, and used it every day last year staring in October, they do help. It does not completely get rid of our depression but it does help for me. I don't have any other advice except that knowing that others suffer helps (that doesn't sound nice does it, lol)

My DH did help me by setting up some lights on timers in our bedroom. A big thing for me is getting up in the dark. I hate it. We have two windows in our bedroom that have a string of white lights around the window, with sheers over them. We have those lights on timers; it helps SO much to have them go on in the morning a few minutes before the alarm clock.

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #4  
Becoming A Better Me

thanx ladies oddly enuf it does help knowing im not the only banana in the bunch lol!
lexie, (also my daughters name) i can feel the change coming too its like a panic that i have to keep fighting to control.
holly, when we bought this house the best feature for me is ALL THE WINDOWS i can see outside n have natural lite anywhere i am! but the early darkness never crossed my mind, jeez im so easily entertained lol!
ive heard of the light boxes but was never sure if it was just a gimmick to get $$ i already dont have. i may have to look more deeply into them now.
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/185/175

Height: 5'10''

I am scare of how winter will effect my atitude towards working out as well. Cold weather just makes me what to cuddle up all the time with food. Hopefully it does not effect me too much. Good Luck!!
mclark12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

It is rather ironic that I cane across this post today. The past week I have felt like I could just melt into a puddle of tears for no good reason. I also suffer from SAD and I am sure that is why I am in tis "funk". One thing I fnd that helps me, although I realize some are totally against it, I have tanning on my gym membership. I use it to bribe myself into going to the gym. I usually only tan for about 7 minutes, but I do find that coupled with exercise helps keep me out of the winter funk.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8

get a therapy light
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #8  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

It makes everything all the harder too. Does it get worse for you when the skies are grey? It does me. I am not medicated and have highs/lows. The darkness is hardest for me though.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote