Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 09:56 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#318

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 04-16-2003, 11:44 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Evening, all! I had a great day! I'm really liking that bracelet from WW. I really think it does work as an anchor. Makes me more conscious because it's right there all the time.

I made that Rice/Cabbage Casserole tonight. Hubby took one bite and decided it was NOT his cup of tea. So I had to make him a chicken breast and noodles that were leftovers. I can't say that I liked it either, but I ate it. And you'll never guess why! Because it was only 2.5 WW points and I wanted to be under again today. Stupid reason, I know. I suffered through eatting something I didn't like because it was low in points. That and I can't stand to waste food. Oh well, I packed up the leftovers and I'm going to pawn them off on my mom. She's like Mickey (from the old Life cereal commercials), she'll eat anything!

My tip for today is (but I have to tell you, if somebody else doesn't start sharing a tip or two, I'm not going to tell you anymore of MY secrets): Ravenous makes you Irrational.Don't wait to eat until you're ravenous because then you tend to grab anything you see and gobble it up without thinking. You also tend to grab far more than you would normally eat if you weren't starving. So eat at more reasonable intervals so as not to blow it by being overly hungry.

Lucky: I'm so sorry you didn't get the job. I'm sure it's because there is something way better out there just waiting for you.

Deon: I hope you went to bed without eatting. Sometimes that's the best solution, especially at 1:30 in the morning!!!

Sandy: I get my scripts by mail because my dang insurance company doesn't pay as much at the local pharmacy as it does if I mail them away for a 3 month supply. Of course, it's only for stuff you have to take on a regular, ongoing basis, not like antibiotics.

Barb: I'm actually glad you didn't run into that guy again. He just sounds tooooooo creepy to play around with.

Jen: I'm glad you came back and checked in. Are you at the air base where the POW's were returned to? That town you're in sounds just lovely. I bet it was nice just meandering down the streets. I can't believe the word 'gross' to discribe plus size. Of course I'm not sure I like 'plus' any better.

Katrina: Does the general public vote on your school budget? Our Board takes care of the budget, the voters only elect the Board. Of course they can go to the voters for Millage and Bond elections.

Sara: Goody for you and the summer outfits! You know, you were talking about me when you said you always were pulling down your shirt and holding closed your jacket. I'm always tugging on my clothes. Hopefully, one day I won't have to.

Tina: Honey, go cold turkey with those damn raisins!!! I'm telling you, if I can do it with the PB Cups, you can do it with the raisins. I can walk right past them in Walmart now and not even be tempted. And I'm in Walmart 4 times a week for a job. You can do it too!

Mary & Baylee: Sorry I couldn't chat tonight. I went to a school board meeting.

Michelle: Fingers are crossed for this new job. Go for it!!!

Well, girls, gotta get some sleep. Big work day for me tomorrow. I have to do my Walmart visits and about 8 other stops. See you all later.

God Bless America!
Old 04-17-2003, 01:51 AM   #3  

318 already??!! Boy I need to keep up.

I am doing good went to the Dr. today and he answered alot of questions for me so I was very pleased. He is a new Dr. to me and I really like him. Much better than the last one I had, she just wasnt a nice person. Anyway, I have to wait for blood test results but he said everything else looks good. He didnt think I could be in early menopause so he wanted to put me on the pill to lessen my periods but I said no way, don't want it I will live with it. And..............And............get this.........I am down 7 more pounds!! YYYYIIIIIIIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I am just loving this. I even went for a walk tonight. I am sooo happy. But tomorrow is official weigh in at WW so I will see then, I still feel great.

Sara: it must feel awesome!! I can't wait to be there. I feel that way now until I look in a mirror and see the real me. But I know that someday I will be there. It must feel so freeing to look at your self and not have to hide. I know that hide feeling.

Kat: Just remember that everyday is a new beginning. and that we are all here for you! No matter how many new beginnings.

Thin: Rice/cabbage casserole?? Sounds yummy to me. Could I get the recipe?

Well ladies wish me luck tomorrow. I hope it is as good as the doctors office.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:24 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry I'm Backkkkkkk

I told you all ...(speaking in Arnold /2cute's deep voice) "I'll Be back "

Well.. here I finally am. And there are only 4 reasons why.
1. I missed you.
2. I promised (I didn't want my nose to grow.)
3. Sara's reference to me. (more on that later)
4. Tina wrote me and in my replies to her... I realized I need to practice what I preach.

1 Yes .... I really miss you. I have been peeking in and reading... but not posting. In fact I should be in bed...I didn't go to bed last night until 7:30 am this morning.
I have determined it is definitely the computers fault.

2. Arnold and I never lie. (Except in the movie 'True Lies')

Quote:
P.S. Because of the supportive, thoughtful, and caring nature of 2Cute
What can I say.... I am a sucker for sweet talk.
Sara... thank you for that comment... at the time I read that...
I REALLY needed it. {{{Hugs}}} It put a smile on my face.
Isn't it funny how we never know how something we say or do can affect someone.
I love this quote....

"To the world you may be just one person
but to one person you may be the world."

4 Well... I wrote this long section here quoting stuff I wrote to Tina... but deleted it to a shorter version. LOL Basicly.... the bottom line is...
"if we stay away... this site will fade away".
WE EACH have a responsiblity to keep this site going and growing. Most of us are not comfortable with change. But life does change. And you either change with it... or get left behind. (and I don't need anymore behind on this body than I already have.)

Tina, Kat, Lucky and anyone else out there struggling or hiding....
LISTEN UP !!!!
This is not any piddley little "chick" peeping here..... this is...
THE BIG OLD MOTHER HEN CLUCKING !!!
You start a new beginning right this second. You fire up that determination and commitment and you DO whatever it takes to get back on the right track !!!!
Tina.. take those darn yoguart raisins and use them as sling shots at anyone who brings in an off program food around you.
Lucky.. you go throw those in that fire surrounding you.
Then you remember this. I lost 3 houses I was trying to buy. I felt like God did not like me. But I am sooooo very grateful I did not get any of those houses we tried to buy and LOST. Because the house I ended up with was by far the best for us at the time.
Kat.... I am just plain going to come and kick your back into program.

I am not trying to avoid the rest of you. I have just been gone too long to go back and reply to everyone.
Now come on ladies.... Sara is waiting for us to come play in that fantasy land we all dream about. Let's make our dreams come true.

(Had to come back and edit at least a reply for Deon and Thin for posting here.)
Deon.. congrats on your 7lbs !!!
Thin... my tip was graciously given by Ms. MOTHER HEN !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-17-2003 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:23 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

I went to chat and stayed awhile but nobody came so I had to make out checks to pay bills. Catch you later
Old 04-17-2003, 08:01 AM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Default It's a new day!

Good Morning. I just wanted to pop in quickly and wish everyone a good day --- whatever happened yesterday is in the past --- look to the future!!!

I am having a miserable morning but trying not to let it get me down. This beautiful weather has done a job on my allergies. My head is about to split open, I think I've already been through a box of kleenex and I slept 2 hours late!!! My entire day is now out of whack! I'm usually at work by 7:30 now I won't be there till about 10:00, which means I'll work later than normal. I have to break down and go to the doctor. As I mentioned earlier I avoid doctors at all cost. But I have to get another allergy prescription and while I'm at it I need to bite the bullet and have some blood work done and a general physical.....give me strength.

Ok, that was my whine fest for the morning. I am going to get myself ready and not let this effect my food or exercise today!!!

I'll check in later!!! Have a great day!!!
Barb
Old 04-17-2003, 09:49 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Default Sir, yes Sir! ...er... Ma'am, yes Ma'am!!

Responding to /mother hen (I wish they had a chickie smilie) 2cute...OKAY OKAY! I'll be good...no more whining, just doing! So here's my plan...

What would SARA do? When confronted with a situation in which my first impulse is to eat in response to it...I plan to stop and think..."What would Sara do?" She would say to herself, "No, it's not worth it. The ultimate prize...losing this weight is what I'm all about, and I will do everything I can to make it happen." (I may be paraphrasing!)

Hope you don't mind Sara! You are such a positive role model and example of what we can all achieve, if we simply put our mind, heart and soul into it!

That said...here is my Tip...this is for you, Miss Thinny thin thin!

This is from Simple Abundance. Forgive the length, the message is worth it
The Only Weight-Loss Aid You'll Ever Need

Self love is the only weight-loss aid you'll ever need. ~Jenny Craig

In the beginning, eating was meant to be one of lifes's sublime simple pleasures. But then Eve took a bite of the apple, and women have been at war with food ever since.

But food is not our enemy. If we're alive, we're supposed to love to eat. Food is the source of vital fuel our bodies convert to energy in order to survive. Not wanting to eat--as in anorexia or illness--is a signal that something's seriously wrong with us. Don't fight your hunger. Instead, respect it and respond to it with nutritious food that appeals to all your senses--not just taste but sight and smell as well. But trusting our bodies to tell us what they need is scary for most womaen. We're afraid that if we throw out all the diets and eat when we are hungry, we'll never stop and end up in the Guiness Book of World Records.

However, the more we starve ourselves, the more weight we eventually gain, and then we end up hating ourselves. Any woman who has been on more than one diet in her life knows this painful truth. The only way to stop this heartbreaking cycle of self loathing is to stop dieting and use our common sense. Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you're tired, get in harmony with your body through regular exercise, and nourish your soul through prayer and meditation. "Be really whole," the Chinese sage Lao-Tzu told his followers, "and all things will come to you." Even to finally make peace with our weight. Taoism--the Eastern philosophy of Lao-Tzu--teaches us that the only way to be made Whole is to yield. Yield to the fact that your body answers to a wisdom that's higher than wanting to look like a waif on the cover of Vogue.

Every woman has a weight that is ideal for her as opposed to an ideal weight. This is the weight at which you feel the most comfortable, have the most energy, can stay well and feel good about how you look. We can achieve that weight when we begin to trust our bodies. Forget size and abandon the scale. Instead of weighing yourself, let your favorite clothes tell you how you are doing. Above all, trust the guidance of your authentic self. Go within and visualize her. See what weight she carries. Ask her to help you achieve your perfect weight through the power of Love. Today, be willing to believe that self love is the only weight-loss aid you'll ever need, because it's the only one that works.

Deep, huh? I love it. I'm going to chat with my authentic self now. See you later.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:55 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

But first...I just had to share...yesterday it was a heavenly, warm, sunny 80 degrees!

At the moment, it's friggin' HAILING out there.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:01 AM   #9  

Good Morning chicks,

Hope this finds everyone having a good day. I came earlier to read, but did not have time to post. I really don't have tons of time now cause of course I'm at work, but I'm so addicted I just can't stay away.

Barb: go ahead and go to the doc's you may be suprised at what they have to say. You are loosing and exercising and that alone they will love. Just try to keep them focused on the positive and tell em your working on the rest, thats all they can ask.

2cute: Glad to see you back, this leads me to believe the trip went well. Hope so. Thank goodness you are mother hen, I think we need you. I don't know where all the chicks went? They seemed to have flown the coop? I know we had a horrible week last week but its over and done with, lets not let it ruin the bonds we have made here. I know I havent been here as long as some, but I felt right at home from the start. You all have given me so much encouragement and strength to go on. Please lets not let that all go. Okay this is a pittiful cry and sounds so needy I know, but I think the world of you all. Like I have said a few times before we are all so different yet so much the same. My online family. I post to a couple other threads here on 3fc, but not like I do here. This is my mainstay!!! I get kinda bummed if I come here and there are no posts to read. This is my favorite thread of all and you are all my favorite people.

Big hugs to you all
Old 04-17-2003, 10:03 AM   #10  

Kat: We were posting at the same time...LOL...just wanted to say hello!! Now I will go back and read...
Old 04-17-2003, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. This weather sure is wacky. Yesterday, it was almost 90 and today it is 44. Everyone's going to get sick if this keeps up. I have to go to my son's Easter party at school today. He has off tomorrow and all next week, so hopefully we get some nice weather. There is no way I can do individual replies as I had alot of reading to do to catch up. I'll try to post more frequently. Also wanted to let you know that I email Donna and she is doing well and says hi to you fellow chickies. Talk to you later.
Steph
Old 04-17-2003, 10:52 AM   #12  

Good morning! Good morning! Not alot of time to post, have things to get done today. Not alot to report right now, I am still on Tonight is WI so I hope it goes as well as the Dr. am a little nervous about it though. I will be fine no matter what the outcome.

Barb: It sounds like your trying real hard keep up the positive attitude and it will work! I just did the whole Dr. thing yesterday and I know how you feel, first time in 4 yrs for me. But its one of those things we must do.

2cute: Glad to see you!

And to all others have a grrrrrrreat day!
Old 04-17-2003, 02:08 PM   #13  

Good afternoon everyone!

Nice to see everyone still posting. Tonight I am planning on baked chicken with pineapple salsa on brown rice.. YUMMMM...makes me hungry thinking of it !

Anyway, things are going OK here; I'll measure myself on Saturday since Sunday is Easter--hopefully the losses will keep coming

Next week, I am shooting new pics for my portfolio with a photographer from Turtle Creek, PA, that I worked with last fall, then you all can see my new hairdo

Right now the sun is out, but it is only 52 degrees...brrr. Would like that warm stuff back! The good news is that it is supposed to get up to 70 degrees on Easter...YAYYYYY
Old 04-17-2003, 04:03 PM   #14  

Just popped in to say I lose 2 lbs this week...

Today is Thankful Thursday.....

I am Thankful for...
1) The 7 POW's are free and safe
2) My family
3) My job
4) My 2 lbs gone this week
5) All MY 3FC FAMILY!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 05:06 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Another good day going on here. I'm sticking to it and that's all there is to it. I will resist. I will succeed. I will not take anything less that progress.

Deon: 7 Pounds!!! WOW, that's wonderful!!! I'm glad you liked your new Dr. That's really half the battle. I'm posting that Cabbage/Rice Casserole recipe down below for you.

2cute: Where'd you find that chicken??? Is she hiding here somewhere??? I guess I haven't gone to the 'smilie menu' in a long time. I'll have to go look.

Mary: Sorry you didn't have anyone to talk to last night.

Katrina: Thank you for the tip, Miss Katrina! I knew you'd come up with something!!!

Sandy: Oooooo, girl. You say the nicest things! Great job on another 2 pounds!!

Steph: You're right. The weather is absolutely nutts!!! I always thought it was just Michigan weather, but geez, it seems like it's all over. Except of course, down south. Maybe we should all move!!!

Lori: Is your pineapple salsa the recipe that just says to brown the breasts and then add a can of crushed pineapple and a cup of salsa??? If it is, I agree, it is one yummy dish and very easy to make.

Here's that recipe:
CABBAGE CASSEROLE

4 CUPS CHOPPED RAW CABBAGE
1 PKG MORNING STAR FARM GRILLERS(CRUMBLES)
1 ONION
1 CAN TOMATOE SOUP
1 CAN WATER
4 TBS. INSTANT RICE (NOT COOKED)

Sautee the onion in pan with little pam spray. Add the crumbles and heat. Add the soup and the water and the rice, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
Put cabbage in pam sprayed casserole dish, pour the other mix over and stir it up. Cover and put in 350 oven and bake for 1 hour or more till cabbage is done to your liking.

4 servings........each serving only 2.5 pts.....yahoo

Well girls, I'm outta here. I think I'll try to get honey to take me out to dinner. It's really the only time we get a chance to talk since he's out the door before I'm out of bed and when he gets home we generally eat in front of the TV and then he falls asleep on the couch. Besides they have a great little (ok, BIG) Raspberry Grilled Chicken Salad that I really love.

Love to all. We'll talk later.

God Bless America!
Closed Thread