Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#318

thinthinker
04-16-2003, 09:56 PM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

thinthinker
04-16-2003, 11:44 PM
Evening, all! :wave: I had a great day! I'm really liking that bracelet from WW. I really think it does work as an anchor. Makes me more conscious because it's right there all the time.

I made that Rice/Cabbage Casserole tonight. Hubby took one bite and decided it was NOT his cup of tea. :o So I had to make him a chicken breast and noodles that were leftovers. I can't say that I liked it either, but I ate it. And you'll never guess why! Because it was only 2.5 WW points and I wanted to be under again today. Stupid reason, I know. I suffered through eatting something I didn't like because it was low in points. :eek: That and I can't stand to waste food. :( Oh well, I packed up the leftovers and I'm going to pawn them off on my mom. She's like Mickey (from the old Life cereal commercials), she'll eat anything!

My tip for today is (but I have to tell you, if somebody else doesn't start sharing a tip or two, I'm not going to tell you anymore of MY secrets): Ravenous makes you Irrational.Don't wait to eat until you're ravenous because then you tend to grab anything you see and gobble it up without thinking. You also tend to grab far more than you would normally eat if you weren't starving. So eat at more reasonable intervals so as not to blow it by being overly hungry.

Lucky: I'm so sorry you didn't get the job. I'm sure it's because there is something way better out there just waiting for you.

Deon: I hope you went to bed without eatting. Sometimes that's the best solution, especially at 1:30 in the morning!!!

Sandy: I get my scripts by mail because my dang insurance company doesn't pay as much at the local pharmacy as it does if I mail them away for a 3 month supply. Of course, it's only for stuff you have to take on a regular, ongoing basis, not like antibiotics.

Barb: I'm actually glad you didn't run into that guy again. He just sounds tooooooo creepy to play around with.

Jen: I'm glad you came back and checked in. Are you at the air base where the POW's were returned to? That town you're in sounds just lovely. I bet it was nice just meandering down the streets. I can't believe the word 'gross' to discribe plus size. Of course I'm not sure I like 'plus' any better. :(

Katrina: Does the general public vote on your school budget? Our Board takes care of the budget, the voters only elect the Board. Of course they can go to the voters for Millage and Bond elections.

Sara: Goody for you and the summer outfits! You know, you were talking about me when you said you always were pulling down your shirt and holding closed your jacket. I'm always tugging on my clothes. Hopefully, one day I won't have to.

Tina: Honey, go cold turkey with those damn raisins!!! :drill: I'm telling you, if I can do it with the PB Cups, you can do it with the raisins. I can walk right past them in Walmart now and not even be tempted. And I'm in Walmart 4 times a week for a job. You can do it too!

Mary & Baylee: Sorry I couldn't chat tonight. I went to a school board meeting. :(

Michelle: Fingers are crossed :crossed: for this new job. Go for it!!!

Well, girls, gotta get some sleep. Big work day for me tomorrow. I have to do my Walmart visits and about 8 other stops. See you all later.

God Bless America!

kidmeister
04-17-2003, 01:51 AM
318 already??!! Boy I need to keep up.

I am doing good went to the Dr. today and he answered alot of questions for me so I was very pleased. He is a new Dr. to me and I really like him. Much better than the last one I had, she just wasnt a nice person. Anyway, I have to wait for blood test results but he said everything else looks good. He didnt think I could be in early menopause so he wanted to put me on the pill to lessen my periods but I said no way, don't want it I will live with it. And..............And............get this.........I am down 7 more pounds!! YYYYIIIIIIIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!:cb: I am just loving this. I even went for a walk tonight. I am sooo happy. But tomorrow is official weigh in at WW so I will see then, I still feel great.

Sara: it must feel awesome!! I can't wait to be there. I feel that way now until I look in a mirror and see the real me. ;)But I know that someday I will be there. It must feel so freeing to look at your self and not have to hide. I know that hide feeling.

Kat: Just remember that everyday is a new beginning. :grouphug: and that we are all here for you! No matter how many new beginnings. :D

Thin: Rice/cabbage casserole??:?: Sounds yummy to me. :T Could I get the recipe?

Well ladies wish me luck tomorrow. I hope it is as good as the doctors office. :cloud9:

2cute2Bfat
04-17-2003, 03:24 AM
I told you all ...(speaking in Arnold /2cute's deep voice) "I'll Be back " :strong:

Well.. here I finally am. And there are only 4 reasons why.
1. I missed you. :love:
2. I promised (I didn't want my nose to grow.) :nose:
3. Sara's reference to me. (more on that later)
4. Tina wrote me and in my replies to her... I realized I need to practice what I preach.

1 Yes .... I really miss you. I have been peeking in and reading... but not posting. In fact I should be in bed...I didn't go to bed last night until 7:30 am this morning. :rolleyes:
I have determined it is definitely the computers fault. :yes:

2. Arnold and I never lie. (Except in the movie 'True Lies')

3. P.S. Because of the supportive, thoughtful, and caring nature of 2Cute What can I say.... I am a sucker for sweet talk. :o
Sara... thank you for that comment... at the time I read that...
I REALLY needed it. {{{Hugs}}} It put a smile on my face. :)
Isn't it funny how we never know how something we say or do can affect someone.
I love this quote....

"To the world you may be just one person
but to one person you may be the world."

4 Well... I wrote this long section here quoting stuff I wrote to Tina... but deleted it to a shorter version. LOL Basicly.... the bottom line is...
"if we stay away... this site will fade away".
WE EACH have a responsiblity to keep this site going and growing. Most of us are not comfortable with change. But life does change. And you either change with it... or get left behind. (and I don't need anymore behind on this body than I already have.) :lol:

Tina, Kat, Lucky and anyone else out there struggling or hiding....
LISTEN UP !!!! :drill:
This is not any piddley little "chick" peeping here..... this is...
THE BIG OLD MOTHER HEN CLUCKING !!! :yikes:
You start a new beginning right this second. You fire up :hot: that determination and commitment and you DO whatever it takes to get back on the right track !!!!
Tina.. take those darn yoguart raisins and use them as sling shots at anyone who brings in an off program food around you.
Lucky.. you go throw those :nono: in that fire surrounding you.
Then you remember this. I lost 3 houses I was trying to buy. I felt like God did not like me. But I am sooooo very grateful I did not get any of those houses we tried to buy and LOST. Because the house I ended up with was by far the best for us at the time.
Kat.... I am just plain going to come and kick your :censored: back into program. :lol:

I am not trying to avoid the rest of you. I have just been gone too long to go back and reply to everyone.
Now come on ladies.... Sara is waiting for us to come play in that fantasy land we all dream about. Let's make our dreams come true. :smug:

(Had to come back and edit at least a reply for Deon and Thin for posting here.)
Deon.. congrats on your 7lbs !!!
Thin... my tip was graciously given by Ms. MOTHER HEN !!! :chicken: ;)

Grannie39074
04-17-2003, 07:23 AM
I went to chat and stayed awhile but nobody came so I had to make out checks to pay bills. Catch you later

BarbPA
04-17-2003, 08:01 AM
Good Morning. I just wanted to pop in quickly and wish everyone a good day --- whatever happened yesterday is in the past --- look to the future!!! :wave:

I am having a miserable morning but trying not to let it get me down. This beautiful weather has done a job on my allergies. My head is about to split open, I think I've already been through a box of kleenex and I slept 2 hours late!!! My entire day is now out of whack! I'm usually at work by 7:30 now I won't be there till about 10:00, which means I'll work later than normal. I have to break down and go to the doctor. As I mentioned earlier I avoid doctors at all cost. But I have to get another allergy prescription and while I'm at it I need to bite the bullet and have some blood work done and a general physical.....give me strength.

Ok, that was my whine fest for the morning. I am going to get myself ready and not let this effect my food or exercise today!!!

I'll check in later!!! Have a great day!!!
Barb :)

katrinabgood
04-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Responding to :drill:/mother hen (I wish they had a chickie smilie) 2cute...OKAY OKAY! I'll be good...no more whining, just doing! So here's my plan...

What would SARA do? When confronted with a situation in which my first impulse is to eat in response to it...I plan to stop and think..."What would Sara do?" She would say to herself, "No, it's not worth it. The ultimate prize...losing this weight is what I'm all about, and I will do everything I can to make it happen." (I may be paraphrasing!)

Hope you don't mind Sara! You are such a positive role model and example of what we can all achieve, if we simply put our mind, heart and soul into it!

That said...here is my Tip...this is for you, Miss Thinny thin thin!

This is from Simple Abundance. Forgive the length, the message is worth it
The Only Weight-Loss Aid You'll Ever Need

Self love is the only weight-loss aid you'll ever need. ~Jenny Craig

In the beginning, eating was meant to be one of lifes's sublime simple pleasures. But then Eve took a bite of the apple, and women have been at war with food ever since.

But food is not our enemy. If we're alive, we're supposed to love to eat. Food is the source of vital fuel our bodies convert to energy in order to survive. Not wanting to eat--as in anorexia or illness--is a signal that something's seriously wrong with us. Don't fight your hunger. Instead, respect it and respond to it with nutritious food that appeals to all your senses--not just taste but sight and smell as well. But trusting our bodies to tell us what they need is scary for most womaen. We're afraid that if we throw out all the diets and eat when we are hungry, we'll never stop and end up in the Guiness Book of World Records.

However, the more we starve ourselves, the more weight we eventually gain, and then we end up hating ourselves. Any woman who has been on more than one diet in her life knows this painful truth. The only way to stop this heartbreaking cycle of self loathing is to stop dieting and use our common sense. Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you're tired, get in harmony with your body through regular exercise, and nourish your soul through prayer and meditation. "Be really whole," the Chinese sage Lao-Tzu told his followers, "and all things will come to you." Even to finally make peace with our weight. Taoism--the Eastern philosophy of Lao-Tzu--teaches us that the only way to be made Whole is to yield. Yield to the fact that your body answers to a wisdom that's higher than wanting to look like a waif on the cover of Vogue.

Every woman has a weight that is ideal for her as opposed to an ideal weight. This is the weight at which you feel the most comfortable, have the most energy, can stay well and feel good about how you look. We can achieve that weight when we begin to trust our bodies. Forget size and abandon the scale. Instead of weighing yourself, let your favorite clothes tell you how you are doing. Above all, trust the guidance of your authentic self. Go within and visualize her. See what weight she carries. Ask her to help you achieve your perfect weight through the power of Love. Today, be willing to believe that self love is the only weight-loss aid you'll ever need, because it's the only one that works.

Deep, huh? I love it. I'm going to chat with my authentic self now. See you later.

katrinabgood
04-17-2003, 09:55 AM
But first...I just had to share...yesterday it was a heavenly, warm, sunny 80 degrees! :)

At the moment, it's friggin' HAILING out there. :rolleyes: :faint:

peekabooangel
04-17-2003, 10:01 AM
Good Morning chicks,

Hope this finds everyone having a good day. I came earlier to read, but did not have time to post. I really don't have tons of time now cause of course I'm at work, but I'm so addicted I just can't stay away.:lol:

Barb: go ahead and go to the doc's you may be suprised at what they have to say. You are loosing and exercising and that alone they will love. Just try to keep them focused on the positive and tell em your working on the rest, thats all they can ask.

2cute: Glad to see you back, this leads me to believe the trip went well. Hope so. Thank goodness you are mother hen, I think we need you. I don't know where all the chicks went? They seemed to have flown the coop? I know we had a horrible week last week but its over and done with, lets not let it ruin the bonds we have made here. I know I havent been here as long as some, but I felt right at home from the start. You all have given me so much encouragement and strength to go on. Please lets not let that all go. Okay this is a pittiful cry and sounds so needy I know, but I think the world of you all. Like I have said a few times before we are all so different yet so much the same. My online family. I post to a couple other threads here on 3fc, but not like I do here. This is my mainstay!!! I get kinda bummed if I come here and there are no posts to read. This is my favorite thread of all and you are all my favorite people.

Big hugs to you all

peekabooangel
04-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Kat: We were posting at the same time...LOL...just wanted to say hello!! Now I will go back and read...

bobsgal
04-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. This weather sure is wacky. Yesterday, it was almost 90 and today it is 44. Everyone's going to get sick if this keeps up. I have to go to my son's Easter party at school today. He has off tomorrow and all next week, so hopefully we get some nice weather. There is no way I can do individual replies as I had alot of reading to do to catch up. I'll try to post more frequently. Also wanted to let you know that I email Donna and she is doing well and says hi to you fellow chickies. Talk to you later.
Steph

kidmeister
04-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Good morning! Good morning! Not alot of time to post, have things to get done today. Not alot to report right now, I am still on :cloud9: Tonight is WI so I hope it goes as well as the Dr. am a little nervous about it though. I will be fine no matter what the outcome.

Barb: It sounds like your trying real hard keep up the positive attitude and it will work! I just did the whole Dr. thing yesterday and I know how you feel, first time in 4 yrs for me. But its one of those things we must do. :dizzy:

2cute: Glad to see you!

And to all others have a grrrrrrreat day! :wave:

loranden
04-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Nice to see everyone still posting. Tonight I am planning on baked chicken with pineapple salsa on brown rice.. YUMMMM...makes me hungry thinking of it:lol: !

Anyway, things are going OK here; I'll measure myself on Saturday since Sunday is Easter--hopefully the losses will keep coming;)

Next week, I am shooting new pics for my portfolio with a photographer from Turtle Creek, PA, that I worked with last fall, then you all can see my new hairdo :D

Right now the sun is out, but it is only 52 degrees...brrr. Would like that warm stuff back! The good news is that it is supposed to get up to 70 degrees on Easter...YAYYYYY :dance:

peekabooangel
04-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Just popped in to say I lose 2 lbs this week...

Today is Thankful Thursday.....

I am Thankful for...
1) The 7 POW's are free and safe
2) My family
3) My job
4) My 2 lbs gone this week
5) All MY 3FC FAMILY!!!

thinthinker
04-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: Another good day going on here. I'm sticking to it and that's all there is to it. I will resist. I will succeed. I will not take anything less that progress.

Deon: 7 Pounds!!! WOW, that's wonderful!!! :D I'm glad you liked your new Dr. That's really half the battle. I'm posting that Cabbage/Rice Casserole recipe down below for you.

2cute: Where'd you find that chicken??? Is she hiding here somewhere??? I guess I haven't gone to the 'smilie menu' in a long time. I'll have to go look.

Mary: Sorry you didn't have anyone to talk to last night. :(

Katrina: Thank you for the tip, Miss Katrina! I knew you'd come up with something!!! :s:

Sandy: Oooooo, girl. You say the nicest things! :love: Great job on another 2 pounds!!

Steph: You're right. The weather is absolutely nutts!!! I always thought it was just Michigan weather, but geez, it seems like it's all over. Except of course, down south. Maybe we should all move!!!

Lori: Is your pineapple salsa the recipe that just says to brown the breasts and then add a can of crushed pineapple and a cup of salsa??? If it is, I agree, it is one yummy dish and very easy to make.

Here's that recipe:
CABBAGE CASSEROLE

4 CUPS CHOPPED RAW CABBAGE
1 PKG MORNING STAR FARM GRILLERS(CRUMBLES)
1 ONION
1 CAN TOMATOE SOUP
1 CAN WATER
4 TBS. INSTANT RICE (NOT COOKED)

Sautee the onion in pan with little pam spray. Add the crumbles and heat. Add the soup and the water and the rice, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
Put cabbage in pam sprayed casserole dish, pour the other mix over and stir it up. Cover and put in 350 oven and bake for 1 hour or more till cabbage is done to your liking.

4 servings........each serving only 2.5 pts.....yahoo

Well girls, I'm outta here. I think I'll try to get honey to take me out to dinner. It's really the only time we get a chance to talk since he's out the door before I'm out of bed and when he gets home we generally eat in front of the TV and then he falls asleep on the couch. Besides they have a great little (ok, BIG) Raspberry Grilled Chicken Salad that I really love.

Love :love: to all. We'll talk later.

God Bless America!

2cute2Bfat
04-17-2003, 06:54 PM
HELP !!!!!!

I bought 20 pieces of plus size clothing at a garage sale recently only to now find out that they smell like cigaretter smoke BAD !!!!
I have washed them several times. Is there a way you know to get this SMELL out of them ??? Does Febreeze work longggg term?? I have used it on other items.. but I think I will have to soak these clothes in it to get rid of the smell. YUCK !!!!
Can anyone help me??

peekabooangel
04-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Hey 2cute: try washing them with a dishwasher lemon smelling tablet. Or dump some vinigar in the washer then hang them outside for a day or two.

I used to smoke and now, I can't stand the smell. But my hubby being a fisherman smells like nasty old bait and I use the vinigar trick a lot and it helps....Good luck to you.

QueenB
04-17-2003, 07:50 PM
reporting in Sgt. Mother Hen! :drill:

I think we all go through phases, for lack of a better word and then some sweet someone, even though they're yelling at you :lol: brings you back to reality and you snap to it!

I apologize for not posting often here lately. Things have just felt a little unfamiliar to me and I've been shying away, but don't get me wrong. I have been here reading, just not posting. :nono: I feel like I've been a very bad representative of the group....not getting to know the newbies any better than I have. I know some of you must have been wondering, "Geez, does she only pop in when she wants to talk about Tony Stewart?" :lol: Girls, if that were the case, I'd be running my mouth all the time! :s:

Another reason I've been down in the dumps is....it's the lovely TOM. I feel like I've swallowed a HUGE watermelon. I feel absolutely gigantic! :yikes:

Here's a few things I've been studying on lately and I thought I would share with you.

First of all, I've not been exercising very much at all lately. So, I asked myself why? :chin: Here's what I came up with....
I was pushing myself too hard. Now I know what you say, no pain, no gain. But, I was almost to the point of making myself do the 3 mile WATP 5 to 6 days a week. Here's why. I started out doing the one mile, graduated to the two mile and then was ecstatic when I hit the three mile. But once I got to that three mile, anything less just didn't seem good enough anymore. So on nights that I needed to exercise, I was making myself do the three mile and I just burnt out. I should have realized that doing any exercise would have been good. Just because I reached the three mile shouldn't mean that anything less than that was a failure. I was looking at it the wrong way. You know who helped me see that? Your hero Sandy, my dh. Ron said to me yesterday when I was griping about not exercising, "Tina, you pushed and pushed and pushed yourself till you just didn't want to do it anymore. Don't do the three mile, don't even do the two. Just do the one mile. Start over like it's brand new. Any exercise is better than none at all, isn't it? You don't have to be perfect." Then the kicker: He said: "Just remember, when you're striving to do better and better, sometimes you lose sight of your real goals and wasn't that just to be able to exercise?"
What would I do without him? :love:

I would also like to report a little victory I had today. We were really busy at work and I didn't eat lunch. The only thing I had eaten all day was a granola bar and an apple and I was famished! Well, as you know....that's a really dangerous time. Don't get me wrong, when you're overweight, anytime can be a dangerous time, but especially when you're starving. All these thoughts ran through my mind, you know the ones.....
"You haven't eaten anything all day...go ahead and eat what you want. Eat whatever you want to today and then you'll get back on track tomorrow. Is there ever a tomorrow girls? Sometimes, for some...there is never a tomorrow. There is only today.

So, I pulled up my bootstraps and told myself NO. There is today, it is not ruined yet and I will not allow it to be. So, going against every evil feeling I was having, I passed up a ton of different restaurants, and went to Chick Filet. I ordered a chickfilet sandwich, ( I love them ) and a cup of soup. A little higher on the scale of points than I would normally eat, but still only cost me 13. Seeing as I had only eaten 4 points all day, it definitely didn't hurt me.

Victory #2. Dh wanted to go to our new Dairy Queen Grill and Chill. Did I want a peanut butter, crushed oreo blizzard too? :yes: Did I get one? :no: Did I take a bite of dh's? Yes I did, and did I stop with that one bite? Yes....I did.

I have something else to do right now while I'm feeling strong. I'll be back in awhile ladies. I apologize for not posting individually to each of you, but I know you understand. I do have to say to Sandy, thanks for pulling me back on the wagon. Remember, if you ever feel like you're falling off, I'll hold you tight. Also thanks to 2cute, thank you for yelling so loud that I heard you and came running so Sandy could pull me back up.

Do you know how much I love you guys? :love:

Grannie39074
04-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Well chickies this is my last post before I'm off on my romantic weekend with my husband.:D

Hope all of you have a wonderful Easter and stay on program.

I'll fill you all in on Sunday night.
Love to all

LuckyLadyBug
04-17-2003, 09:55 PM
I will.

Today I was thinking I may just run away and join a Nascar pit crew. I look good in orange!!!!:s:

Then I got home and have a message on my answering machine.

I GOT THE JOB

I have to call him tomorrow to work out the particulars.

THANK YOU for all your thoughts and prayers.
You did good :cb: :cp: :dance: :goodvibes :yes:

Now, it's time to seriously diet!!!! :eek:

BarbPA
04-17-2003, 10:06 PM
Good Evening Ladies! I though I'd pop in before I hit the sack for the night! I am so proud of myself for making it through what started out to be a miserable day! I stayed with my healthy eating choices, even got in a little exercise and now I feel so good that I didn't give in to the temptation of laziness and food today!!!

Tina - Your husband sounds wonderful!!! And he is right on target. I have been doing the same thing with the exercise. I was not about to do my usual walk with the dogs tonight because it was cold out and I just didn't want to, but I told myself that a little exercise is better than nothing and I managed to force myself onto the treadmill for 15 minutes. Even though I didn't do much I felt good for doing something!!! Just take is one workout at a time and do what you feel like even if it's only 1 mile! We were on the same wavelength with food today - I also ended up at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I so badly wanted the combo with fries, but opted for the grilled chicken salad w/ the fat-free dressing.
You have come so far - don't let up now - stay strong - you are worth it!!! :strong:

Deon - Congrats on the 7 pounds!! That is wonderful!!! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am close to picking up the phone and making an appointment. Maybe a few more days.
:^:

Thin - You are right on target with you tip of the day!!! I am watching hubby do just that. He didn't eat dinner and was so hungry that he just ran to 7-11 and got hot dogs, chips and soda. Bad, bad, bad!!! I didn't let him influence me!!! :nono:

2Cute - Welcome back! I hope you had a nice trip! :)

Kat - Thanks for all the encouraging tips you shared with us all!
:D

Steph - Just wanted to say hello! We haven't had a chance to meet yet. :wave:

Lori - I'd love the recipe for the chicken with pineapple and salsa. Sounds like something I'd like. :chef:

Sandy - Congrats on the 2 pound loss!!! I hope to have good news tomorrow on my loss this week.

Mary - Have a wonderful, romantic weekend!!! :love:

Lucky - CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!!!! :bravo:

Well, I had to stop in and say hi and see what everyone was up to, but I think I am going to curl up in my comfy bed and call it a day! Wishing everyone a wonderful night!!!

Barb
:yawn:

SaraJoy
04-17-2003, 11:19 PM
G'evening Ladies!

Just popping on to let you know that Hubby and I have decided to make like Mary and blow this popsicle stand for the weekend! We booked a lovely room in a country inn about 3 hours from here... fireplace and double jacuzzi in the room, 4 poster king sized bed... :s:

I just have to say though...

Lucky! Congratulations on the job! I am SO happy for you! I broke out in a huge grin when I read your post! Yahoo! :D

Sandy: Congrats to you too... on the 2 pound loss! Isn't seeing the pounds drop off the best motivater out there?! :)

Kat: Ahhh! Shucks! :)

2Cute: Glad I could brighten your day a bit... but ya know, it's ALL true! That's 100% the person you are! :)

Okay ladies! Gotta scoot! Have a

WONDERFUL EASTER WEEKEND!

Be back Sunday night!

Sara :)

2cute2Bfat
04-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Gee... there is sooooooooo much I want to come back and reply to but I just don't have the time now. I have been going through my email and cleaning house. I had 78 emails backed up. :eek:

But I found this post I copied from another site to share with you.
Here it is......

Sooner or later we all learn that life is just a collection of small steps. People who reach their goals are nothing more than people who have developed the ability to make numerous small steps in the same direction. I've found that the best way for me to keep taking those small steps in the same direction is to not spend inordinate amounts of time focusing one the long-term goal but rather to put my energy into doing what I need to do TODAY in order to reach my long term goals. "Today" is a small step toward the long-term goal. The Long-Term Goal is a giant leap that I'm not likely to successfully negotiate in one fell swoop. I've proven to myself every day for the last 7+ months that I can follow WW and not "cheat". That is the most important small step that I can take in order to reach my long-term goal so that's what I focus on each day. I believe that by winning that battle every day, I all but 'guarantee' that my long-term goals will be acheived

I think this poster said it better than I could... and that is saying a lot. :lol:

2cute2Bfat
04-18-2003, 12:12 AM
BUT I have to say....

CONGRATULATIONS LUCKY !!!

loranden
04-18-2003, 01:43 AM
Lucky--congrats on the job! I am confident that you will do well:)

Tina--nice to see you again! It's great to have a few small victories, isn't it?:smug:

OK--for the rest of you that wanted the receipe for that delightful dinner I had tonight, here it is:

1/2 cup crushed or chunk pineapple, drained

2 packets Splenda sweetner

2 TBS. brown sugar

1/2 cup chopped green pepper

1/2 cup chopped red pepper

1 onion, chopped (vidalia or green onions are especially yummy)

4 ozs. baked skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces

Cook peppers and onions over low heat until tender. Mix in brown sugar, Splenda, and pineapple and simmer for 10 minutes, then let cool (the salsa should thicken slightly). Add chicken and blend well; top over brown rice. Serves 2. 270 calories, 3 gms of fat.

For more kick to your pineapple salsa, add either 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce or 1 TB of barbecue sauce.

kidmeister
04-18-2003, 03:03 AM
OK a little dissapointment here but I will get through it. I only lost 1.4 lbs. Turns out my shoes weigh 3 lbs. and at the Dr. I wasnt wearing them and at WW I always wear them and there is a 3 lb difference between the Dr. and WW. So there you have it the cold hard truth. :( I will bounce back though.

Happy 40th Weight Watchers!!

Thin: thanks for the recipe, but what is a "morning star farm griller(crumbles)"??

2cute: Try oxyclean for laundry- it gets the stink out of my sons smelly socks.

Lucky: Congrats on the job!:cp: And how are the fires?

Tina: Way to go on the victory at DQ. That's a hard one.:cp:

Well I think I am coming down with the cold that my daughters have both been home with and I am very tired, I am really hoping for a way better week this week even though we have easter and I have 2 birthday cakes to make and have in the house. So wish me luck, I am only 4 lbs away from my 25 lb magnet and 15 from my first 10% so I really want to give it all I got. It is getting kinda hard though, I am tired of being hungry all the time. I need to do some of the visualizing exercises from WW. I know they can work, I just need to do them. :)

2cute2Bfat
04-18-2003, 03:10 AM
Okay.. I was a good girl and got off of the computer at midnight last night. I was even having a friendly chat with a dear friend. But I said I had to train myself to get off of here. AND I DID !!!

But... I came back. :o
I had not read another site that I read.... and then I got into my writing mode... and welll.... here I am.
I thought since I put so much time and thought into this post for over there... I would share it over here too. LOL
Here it is...

I want to start with a quote from "The 12 Steps of OA" book.

page 2-3 ... Step one.

"Clearly if we are to live free of the bondage of compulsive eating, we must 'abstain' from all foods AND eating behaviors which cause us problems."

Well... the foods are pretty obvious for me. CARBS
But it says all foods that cause us problems.
If I overeat it... then it is a problem whether it is a carb or not.
Some of my problem foods were bread and butter... but so are hot dogs, cheese, and peanut butter. They make 1 carb hotdogs... but if I eat the whole package... then I have a problem.

BUT JUST AS IMPORTANT... is the second half of that statement...
The "eating behaviors" that cause me problems. :eek:
Those are HARDER to give up than even the food. :yes:

1. Eating standing up or driving in the car. For some reason I never eat wisely when doing these. I find I do better on plan if I plan to sit down and eat my meal. Otherwise I seem to think it is a 'snack' rather than a meal. :rolleyes:

2. Eating while I am cooking. :chef: Licking the bowls when I make my legal cheesecake or eat a piece of cheese while dinner is cooking. It is not part of my meal... it is a habit. A habit that needs to be broken.

3. Hiding foods. :s: I used to hide my favorite cookies. :cookie:
I hear... 'we are as fat as we are secretive.' :(
Now I hide my legal snack foods out of need. My husband eats them all if I don't. The action is the same... but the behavior is different now because I am not hiding so I can cheat... I am hiding so I won't cheat. :smug:

4. Buying something because it is on sale. :nono:
I am such a penny pincher. I will buy junk food because it is on sale. I know I should not have it... and I don't plan to eat it... BUT.. once it is in the house.... well, need I say more. :o
IT IS NOT a bargain if it makes me go off of my program.
Your families don't need it either. Who cares if it saves me money if it leads to me gaining weight.

And #5.... this used to be a BIG behavoir problem. Watching TV !!! :sssh:
This has multiple problems for me.
Watching TV leads to laziness for me. I plan to work during commercials... but before you know it.. the commercials are over and I am still sitting there.
The commercials are often foods. This leads me to 'want' something I saw.
Plus I just sit there. :tired: Is TV really worth being fat for??
The biggest problem here for me is DENIAL. I don't "think" I watch much tv... but when I am honest... I do.
In combination to TV watching is.....#6 Computer addiction !!!!!! :yikes:
I surely am NOT giving up my computer. :no: I NEED this support.:yes:
BUT... when it is all I do... then it is a behavior problem that leads to my obesity.
When I stay up all hours of the night on it... that is a behavior problem.
I need to get off my butt and MOVE.
Heck.. I was so addicted I did not even clean my house. :o
The computer is a GREAT tool... but use it wisely.
(I am still trying to learn this lesson.)

7. All you can eat buffets :^:
These were designed to be for 'variety' but I took it literally in the past.
If the sign said "All you can eat for $1.00"... I would say.. "give me $2 worth" :lol:
Some days I do okay at these... but if I know I am going there to eat "all I can eat" ... then I better STAY AWAY !!!!

Share some of your "food" or "behavior" problems that got you overweight.
Share how you can change them to live a happier and healthier life.

peekabooangel
04-18-2003, 06:18 AM
Deon,

Sorry the loss was not as much as you thought, but you still lost so thats what counts :) . You can ask any of the girls here, I am the scale queen...I take off my shoes before I step on any scale and at home I strip down to undies usually, and sometimes those come off to:o . At the dr.s I take off the shoes and would strip, but it's in the hallway you know:cool: . But, when I went to the dr.s at the beginning of the week. Of course their scale said 2 lbs more than mine, I chalked it up to the clothes, but made it known to the dr what my scale said at home and what my starting weight was. I'm just not so shy about it anymore, I want credit for every single ounce I have lost.:D

You said you are 4 lbs from the 25lb mark so I am assuming you have lost 21 lbs. How long have you been doing WW now? 21lbs is a great deal. Just go to the store and pick up a 20 lb bag of dog food or anything that you can find that weighs 20lbs...you will be amazed.

Hello to all the other chicks this a.m.

katrinabgood
04-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Way to go, Lucky!
I KNEW you would get this one! I am so excited for you! :cp:

I have so much to do today...starting with food shopping. I intended to go yesterday and somehow kept putting it off and off, so now I have now choice. i gotta get moving. I was doing some menu planning last night, just to give me an idea of what I'll need. I found lots of yummy looking, easy recipes in "Light and Tasty" magazine. I'll share what comes out good!

So, I'd better run...but first:

Have a great Easter weekend all...stay away from those chocolate bunnies! I'm making carrot cake to bring to Mom's. :T

Mary and Sara...;) Have fun with your sweeties!

2cute, thanks for all the great advice!

Tina...give that hubby a hug, he's a wise man! Sometimes our
all or nothing attitudes get the better of us. A wise woman we all know recently shared this, and it is so true...
People who reach their goals are nothing more than people who have developed the ability to make numerous small steps in the same direction. I've found that the best way for me to keep taking those small steps in the same direction is to not spend inordinate amounts of time focusing one the long-term goal but rather to put my energy into doing what I need to do TODAY in order to reach my long term goals. "Today" is a small step toward the long-term goal.

If only we could get it through our thick skulls that this is a long term proposition...it's going to take some time. We need to stop the self sabotage and just hunker down and do what we need to do, TODAY.

Deon, celebrate that loss! Good for you!

Lori, thanks for the recipe! I have also misxed crushed pineapple with jarred salsa...a little bit quicker and yummy! Quicker still, get the Newman's Own Pineapple or mango Salsa...it's all good! mmm, maybe I'll try that with fish tonight!

Barb...congrats for making it through the day, OP! Good for you!

Thin, thanks for your recipe...I just added cabbage to my list to try that!

Hi and hugs to everyone else...I'm running too long here, as usual...gotta get my butt in gear! Have a FUN Friday, all!

BarbPA
04-18-2003, 01:12 PM
Happy Friday to all of my wonderful new friends! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

Good news, bad news on my end....

Good news --- I use Fridays as my official day that I weigh myself and I am down 3 more pounds this week!!!! I had to adjust my start weight and current weight up about 8 pounds because I bought a new digital scale and realized that my old scale was off. Ugh!!! However I am still staying positive with the loss, I just have a few more pounds to go than originally thought!!!
:moo:

Bad news - I am working from home today and hubby has the day off. He was down in the basement working on shelves (we are in the process of finishing the basement - that's a story for another day). Anyway at noon he yelled up that it was lunch time. I was planning on walking on the treadmill and eating some chix and veggies for lunch. He, on the other hand, had visions of a Pizza Hut Buffet running through his head. After a little debate I gave in and agreed to go. :shrug: What was I thinking. I can't give into him like that. He should also be trying to lose weight, but my motivation hasn't yet rubbed off on him. So, we went. I didn't do too bad -- I had a big salad - very little dressing and toppings and a couple little slices that I guess equate to one or one and a half normal pieces. So, I shouldn't have done it, but I showed some willpower!!! :sp: The place was a zoo - it was by no means a nice quiet lunch. There were only two servers for the entire place and they were packed since school is out.

So, now I am back at my desk trying to get some work done and Jeff is at Home Depot. I have a feeling we'll be working in the basement all weekend. I just keep telling myself that all the work contributes to exercise. Anything is better than being a couch potato.

Well, that is my tirade for now. I'll check in later!!!
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!
:dancer:

kidmeister
04-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Hello all! Not doing too bad today, despite a cold.:tired: I seems to have settled in my ears and it is driving me crazy. My ears feel plugged. Ugh!

Sandy: Thanks so much! You put it into perspective. I never thought of it that way. :chin: Latey I just feel like I am on an eating frenzy.:ink: Still good food, just way too much of it, and every bite counts.:tape:

Kat: That was very helpful also. All of you are very wise today.:wizard: I love it. I need to take those baby steps. you made me realize that I do have a small goal of only 4 lbs. And when I think about it, well if I can lose 21 lbs, then 4 should be a breeze, it gives me a new energy. :strong: Thanks!!

Barb: Love the picture. Sooo cute. And you did great. I don't think I could walk into any pizza place and not eat at least 4 slices:jeno: :jeno: :jeno: :jeno: . So you were very strong. Way to go.

Well I better get off here and go eat some lunch, I only had a banana for breakfast, so I should eat now. And then I think I am going back to bed. Maybe I can sleep this off.

thinthinker
04-18-2003, 04:42 PM
DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#319"

God Bless America!