Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #1  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Mio mere coincidence?

I'd been doing two things different the past week to see if I could increase my weight loss by at least a pound. I've decreased my IP product carbs to even lower levels. 64g for this post WI week vs 82g last week and 104g avg the weeks before. I've also quit using Mio in my evening water (the only time I was using it as a flavor enhancer). I haven't kept track of my non-IP meal carbs but what I've been eating hasn't changed that much over the weeks.

After having WI losses of just 2 lbs and 2.4 lbs for a couple weeks, this week was a 4 lb loss.

Maybe a mere coincidence that it was the same week I quit Mio? Or does 18g of IP product less than the previous week really make that much of a difference!!??
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Assuming the 18 g was total for the week I would say its a coincidence.

You weight losses are great!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I don't know about that Mom2. I cannot use anything with fake sugar in it, even if it is IP approved or it stalls my losses. This includes Mio or even any of the coffee enhancers (Torino or DaVinci). I can't even use Splenda. It all makes me stall on the scale.

Could be a combination of both, but I would certainly lay off the Mio for another week and see what happens.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

There are definitely some people who are more sensitive to artificial sweeteners than others. So the Mio could definitely be the culprit. Maybe stay off it another week, then add it back in and see what happens?
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Jenny-which ip packets do you eat to avoid Splenda? I find it is in all the sweet packets and even some soups. To minimize it I use a different, unsweetened whey and I eat the chicken soup and omlettes, but I like the crispy cereal and it has splenda.

The mio has a sugar alcohol in it. It seems like a small amount, so I wouldn't think it would hurt, but I did try it and it gave me horrible gas!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

There is a large difference between water loss and fat loss.

Fat loss is an equation of energy and for the most part is linear. Unfortunately fat loss is exceedingly difficult to measure accurately over a short period of time even with expensive lab equipment.

Water loss is controlled by a large number of variables. Two big ones are sodium/potassium and stress.

To contend that a bit of artificial sweetner is responsible for water retention or a lack of artificial sweeter is responsible for water being released is as best speculative.

To make a long story short is is a coincidence. Even if you added Mio back in to your diet and you retained water it would not mean Mio is responsible because there are too many variables to account for when it comes to water retention to possibly isolate one.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Jenny-which ip packets do you eat to avoid Splenda? I find it is in all the sweet packets and even some soups. To minimize it I use a different, unsweetened whey and I eat the chicken soup and omlettes, but I like the crispy cereal and it has splenda.

The mio has a sugar alcohol in it. It seems like a small amount, so I wouldn't think it would hurt, but I did try it and it gave me horrible gas!
I guess I should clarify that I don't use any ADDED. I use the packets as is, but I do not use any added splenda, mio, sugar free syrups or sugar alcohols. I find that too much in my system will slow down the scale. I am just one of those people who are sensitive to it and my body cannot tolerate a lot.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #8  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

I am hyper sensitive to anything artificial...
I don't even know what Mio is....
anyhow, great work!
please keep up the good work and post a picture when available.
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote